Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (812) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731186 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 9:24am On Jan 28, 2023
ayor2023:
Please does anyone have idea of expected release of study visa, i applied mid december,2022. How can I remind the High commission at Abuja?
Thanks.

There is really no exact date/time but from 12th week you can start expecting. People who applied on Oct/Nov are yet to even get a response. Plus you also need to inform your school about the delay of study Visa in Nigeria so they can follow up as well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Farrason: 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2023
Myst77:

Sorry about that.

1. Is this VFS evisa?
2. Did their rejection letter indicate that you can appeal?
3. What dates did you include as departure and return date on the application form?
4. Is you activity purely tourism? Or did you send them a document showing an itinerary/schedule? If so, what start and end date did you indicate?

PS: if there is no invitation to appeal in the rejection letter, you’ll need to reapply with the same documentation (if they are still valid and no schedule has elapsed) + a cover letter addressing the fact that you applied and it was rejected based on an incorrect reason.

Pls, when applying for this SA Visa, do I need to pay for my flight to show proof of return ticket while submitting my application. How do I get pass this please. My Departure date is 15th March and return date is 17th March.

Your advice is needed please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2023
Farrason:

Pls, when applying for this SA Visa, do I need to pay for my flight to show proof of return ticket while submitting my application. How do I get pass this please. My Departure date is 15th March and return date is 17th March.

You don’t need to pay. Get a dummy ticket from a travel agent (I personally prefer IATA licensed travel agents) - what the embassy is most interested in is the flight schedule + price on the ticket to ascertain your departure & return date and to also see if your account balance can cover the cost.

Paying (if you can risk it) is supposed to help to increase your chances (but not in all cases and certainly not with SA visa delays). It basically helps to allay the visa officer’s concerns about you returning home and your financial capacity. So instead of them calculating your flight + hotel + feeding to determine if your account balance would cover it. They’ll exclude flight cost since you have paid for it already. I would only recommend paying if your visit is for a business meeting and your ticket is being sponsored by a company.

Every application is unique depending on an applicant’s purpose of visit.

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pacaveli: 10:44pm On Jan 28, 2023
Myst77:

There was an earlier post on this platform about an academic research visa applicant who applied in Jan 2022 and got denied, I think this month - that’s 1 year waiting period. One can at least stomach the long wait if a positive outcome is certain but that’s unfortunately not the case.

Everyone that has been waiting, hang in there. SA embassy/DHA has been like this for many years. Sometimes, the process improves when they have cleared the backlog but, then another backlog occurs and back to the same problem. We really need the Nigerian government to speak out! Kenya and SA recently signed an agreement allowing Kenyans to visit SA without visa for 90 days. It’s like our Nigerian passport has completely lost its value due to the incompetence of our leaders. It is well.

Thanks for your concern, once something is beyond one's control, one has no choice than to hope for d best, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Farrason: 3:12am On Jan 29, 2023
Myst77:

You don’t need to pay. Get a dummy ticket from a travel agent (I personally prefer IATA licensed travel agents) - what the embassy is most interested in is the flight schedule + price on the ticket to ascertain your departure & return date and to also see if your account balance can cover the cost.

Paying (if you can risk it) is supposed to help to increase your chances (but not in all cases and certainly not with SA visa delays). It basically helps to allay the visa officer’s concerns about you returning home and your financial capacity. So instead of them calculating your flight + hotel + feeding to determine if your account balance would cover it. They’ll exclude flight cost since you have paid for it already. I would only recommend paying if your visit is for a business meeting and your ticket is being sponsored by a company.

Every application is unique depending on an applicant’s purpose of visit.

Thanks alot for this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by buzzy1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Hello folks please I need clarity on the CSV
Do I need a job offer to apply?
And also is SAQA evaluation necessary before application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KazikageSama: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
buzzy1:
Hello folks please I need clarity on the CSV
Do I need a job offer to apply?
And also is SAQA evaluation necessary before application

Yes and Yes.
Job offer, SAQA evaluation, professional body evaluation, MIE for professional experience confirmation (not compulsory but I really recommend it) are part of the documentations required then medical evaluation (Radiology inclusive), bank statement, certified copies of qualifications and certifications etc.

On the job offer, I'd suggest you submit a contract offer between 3-5years. People (myself inclusive) got bounced before cos of permanent offers, interestingly some people (esp. Amazonians) usually appeal the ruling and sometimes they win (50-50 chance).
Before now job offer wasn't a requirement, but based on the 2022 regulation, the one year, job-seeker Critical Skills visa was scrapped.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluayebenz: 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2023
Gernny:
Good morning announcement I was suppose to fly today through cote d'Ivoire airline Getting to the airport showed them my e visa they said I can't fly with their airline with my evisa,kindly make sure u confirm airline that allows e visa.i don dey go house go sleep

Seriously.
I hope the ticket is refundable?

Do you later book with South African airways?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 2:15am On Jan 30, 2023
Pls I need help on payment of R425, who can help me let the person indicate so I can transfer the naira equivalent to him or her. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by PaulAris: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tesclaros:
I am in SA already. Sold my crypto to rands here grin
Hahaha. Wow, nice.

How’s the rate tho? Fair?
I heard the taxes some countries place on crypto dey choke, lol. Is it diff for SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shegzee007: 1:34pm On Jan 30, 2023
Farrason:

Thanks alot for this.
I can handle the travel reservations for you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shegzee007: 1:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
Farrason:

dm... Let me run the travel reservation from you.... I work with a travel agency

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 1:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
So no update from VFS e visa up until now?😳🥹

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jvctour: 1:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dm, l can help you
dennis201:
Pls I need help on payment of R425, who can help me let the person indicate so I can transfer the naira equivalent to him or her. Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JUCEleonu: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
Anniebam:
So no update from VFS e visa up until now?😳🥹

We are both in the wait together. Sent another email to them today. How many times have you reached out and what has their response been?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 3:12pm On Jan 30, 2023
JUCEleonu:

We are both in the wait together. Sent another email to them today. How many times have you reached out and what has their response been?

This delay is everywhere not for Nigerians alone. I heard they stopped issuing evisas and most likely to start again next week. The best thing I’ll advise anyone to do, is to apply for sticker visa in Ghana or Dubai. It takes just 3 days to process there. Saw testimonies on Twitter and I was shocked.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 3:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
JUCEleonu:

Twice last week ooo, I got thesame “ your case has been escalated “ reply. Maybe I have to send another email, this wait is tiring, travel date has passed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
Anniebam:

Twice last week ooo, I got thesame “ your case has been escalated “ reply. Maybe I have to send another email, this wait is tiring, travel date has passed.

There’s probably an internal issue or they are simply overwhelmed with applications. All in all, we can now conclude that VFS evisa processing time is no longer predictable. One can only wait for the outcome. Nothing more to do, sadly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Tryhard:

This delay is everywhere not for Nigerians alone. I heard they stopped issuing evisas and most likely to start again next week. The best thing I’ll advise anyone to do, is to apply for sticker visa in Ghana or Dubai. It takes just 3 days to process there. Saw testimonies on Twitter and I was shocked.

Not sure but, is it really possible to apply outside one’s home country without a long stay visa/resident permit? Also, are Nigerians not banned from Dubai at the moment? Lastly, if one has no business being in Dubai, why would this be a better option considering the cost implication of traveling all the way?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
Myst77:

Not sure but, is it really possible to apply outside one’s home country without a long stay visa/resident permit? Also, are Nigerians not banned from Dubai at the moment? Lastly, if one has no business being in Dubai, why would this be a better option considering the cost implication of traveling all the way?

The funny thing is, even though it is possible to apply from other countries with your tourist visa, taking such risk with SA visa is not worth it. You will travel down to Ghana only for you to hear that they have started encountering one problem with issuing visas. This is how a lot of people were lured into VFS e visa because of the short time frame but now it’s story.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
For Study Visa; Anybody can sponsor you so far they write letter of undertaking to sponsor you ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joewaxx: 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2023
My host, a South African company which actually invited me, sent a mail last week Monday with my ref number, to the DHA , no response till today. If not for official purposes, the stress and palpitations are not worth it. Crap
Myst77:

There’s probably an internal issue or they are simply overwhelmed with applications. All in all, we can now conclude that VFS evisa processing time is no longer predictable. One can only wait for the outcome. Nothing more to do, sadly.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 4:02am On Jan 31, 2023
Jvctour:
Dm, l can help you
Have sent you an email, pls reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JUCEleonu: 7:09am On Jan 31, 2023
Anniebam:

Sorry about that… my travel date is next week. Today makes it exactly 20 business days since I applied and it doesn’t seem like any action has been taken on my application. My host hasn’t been contacted by the Home Affairs and I don’t think my employer has been either (not sure if they usually do anyways)… but my point is at this rate I’m not even sure about receiving an outcome between now and my planned travel date.

So much for a supposed e-visa.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jvctour: 8:57am On Jan 31, 2023
I did
dennis201:

Have sent you an email, pls reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 3:04pm On Jan 31, 2023
I have applied for study visa since Nov 1, this is February now. No news no visa. This is really frustrating
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Offsetdrip: 3:43pm On Jan 31, 2023
Bursttt:
I have applied for study visa since Nov 1, this is February now. No news no visa. This is really frustrating
Sorry about that. Mine has been since September, so chill the matter touch everyone

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:01am On Feb 01, 2023
Offsetdrip:

Sorry about that. Mine has been since September, so chill the matter touch everyone
. Contact the international officer of your school . A list of pending student applications was compiled by each university & sent to Home Affairs .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:17am On Feb 01, 2023
Revised VFS Service Fee.
Note: Port Harcourt applicants should verify with VFS to be sure coz contrary to VFS’s update, it’s showing as at today on specific visa type page (e.g Holiday visa page) that 49,000 NGN is charged for Port Harcourt applicants while 29,400 NGN is charged for Lagos & Abuja applicants.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 01, 2023
For PH applicants to note and check further with VFS.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by buzzy1(m): 7:11am On Feb 01, 2023
Yes, I was in SA when this accord was signed

Myst77:

There was an earlier post on this platform about an academic research visa applicant who applied in Jan 2022 and got denied, I think this month - that’s 1 year waiting period. One can at least stomach the long wait if a positive outcome is certain but that’s unfortunately not the case.

Everyone that has been waiting, hang in there. SA embassy/DHA has been like this for many years. Sometimes, the process improves when they have cleared the backlog but, then another backlog occurs and back to the same problem. We really need the Nigerian government to speak out! Kenya and SA recently signed an agreement allowing Kenyans to visit SA without visa for 90 days. It’s like our Nigerian passport has completely lost its value due to the incompetence of our leaders. It is well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.