Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734408 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anu24: 7:26am On Jan 26, 2023
Jiol:

Hi Tried to send you a pm. Please reply. Or send me your email. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anu24: 7:28am On Jan 26, 2023
Blurpy:
If you need link in getting tourist visa from Nigeria, send a pm before you apply.
Not free though. The consulars in Abj aren’t smiling.
,pls trying to msg you but not seeing your mail on your profile,you can kindly drop your mail pls to get Tru
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Momotola16: 9:11am On Jan 26, 2023
I applied for visitors visa on 20th but I wasn't asked to submit my international passport although I paid for DHL. Someone said he submitted his during application. Has the process changed? When will I be asked to submit it?
Myst77:

Thank you! Some good news. It would be good to know the length of time they waited for their outcome just to have an idea of the average processing time. It’s beginning to look like 6-9 months wait time for Jan-Aug 2022 applicants; don’t know about September 2022 upwards. At least, knowing will help others to manage their expectations.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 9:35am On Jan 26, 2023
Momotola16:
I applied for visitors visa on 20th but I wasn't asked to submit my international passport although I paid for DHL. Someone said he submitted his during application. Has the process changed? When will I be asked to submit it?
yes the process changed. from 20th November I guess!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 26, 2023
Momotola16:

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 1dafulmi(f): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2023
please when did the person apply?
Tryhard:
They are issuing visas o! Let’s pray it reach out turn soon enough!! This unexplained delay is really frustrating
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JUCEleonu: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2023
pufframmy:
e-visa or normal visa

E-visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jtw01: 12:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for Tourist Evisa on Dec 05 and got a rejection letter this morning.

Reason; Intended Date of Visit has Lasped

Whereas my intended travel date is in March.

Is there anything I can do?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jan 26, 2023
jtw01:
Hi guys, I applied for Tourist Evisa on Dec 05 and got a rejection letter this morning.

Sorry about that.

1. Is this VFS evisa?
2. Did their rejection letter indicate that you can appeal?
3. What dates did you include as departure and return date on the application form?
4. Is you activity purely tourism? Or did you send them a document showing an itinerary/schedule? If so, what start and end date did you indicate?

PS: if there is no invitation to appeal in the rejection letter, you’ll need to reapply with the same documentation (if they are still valid and no schedule has elapsed) + a cover letter addressing the fact that you applied and it was rejected based on an incorrect reason.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 12:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
jtw01:

It would be e-DHA! People should avoid that platform for now. It has so many errors
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
1dafulmi:
please when did the person apply?

1st of November
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jtw01: 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Thanks for your response bro.

1. No not VFs
2. Letter says I have 10 working days to make a written representation to DG for review of decision.
3. March 06 - March 14
4. Purely tourism

Waiting for review or reapplying,
which option is best considering time factor?

Myst77:

Sorry about that.

1. Is this VFS evisa?
2. Did their rejection letter indicate that you can appeal?
3. What dates did you include as departure and return date on the application form?
4. Is you activity purely tourism? Or did you send them a document showing an itinerary/schedule? If so, what start and end date did you indicate?

PS: if there is no invitation to appeal in the rejection letter, you’ll need to reapply with the same documentation (if they are still valid and no schedule has elapsed) + a cover letter addressing the fact that you applied and it was rejected based on an incorrect reason.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Joewaxx: 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2023
Please is this e-DHA or e-VFS? Wahala no dey taya South Africa grin
Tryhard:

It would be e-DHA! People should avoid that platform for now. It has so many errors

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2023
jtw01:
Thanks for your response bro.

1. No not VFs
2. Letter says I have 10 working days to make a written representation to DG for review of decision.
3. March 06 - March 14
4. Purely tourism

Waiting for review or reapplying,
which option is best considering time factor?

If you applied via DHA evisa site - (ehome.dha.gov.za) - don’t bother appealing (coz it would take them another 1 month plus to get a feedback going by how long it took them to respond to your application - Dec 6 to 26 Jan.

Please just send a fresh/new application through VFS evisa: (https://southafrica.vfsevisa.com/). VFS evisa site costs more but, the likelihood of them making careless errors is slim. To be safe, make sure you apply at least 30 days before your departure date.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 26, 2023
Joewaxx:
Please is this e-DHA or e-VFS? Wahala no dey taya South Africa grin

DHA evisa link is: ehome.dha.gov.za
VFS evisa link is: southafrica.vfsevisa.com

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 1:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
H100:

Extend your expectant date to 15working days. I think we both applied same day or a day apart. So it’s at worse case scenario, tomorrow.

Those who applied earlier didn’t notice this delay but as usual, DHA seems a corrupt institution.

Any update from your end?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by H100: 1:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Anniebam:

Any update from your end?

Not yet
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 12:58pm On Jan 27, 2023
Good afternoon everyone
Please something wrong with the vfs evisa site? It's showing 404 when am applying for e visa
2. The ehome.dha.gov.za evisa site is requesting for parent date of birth, spouse parent details and date of birth. Please how do I pass this stage
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
dennis201:
Good afternoon everyone
Please something wrong with the vfs evisa site? It's showing 404 when am applying for e visa
2. The ehome.dha.gov.za evisa site is requesting for parent date of birth, spouse parent details and date of birth. Please how do I pass this stage

For ehome.dha.gov.za: It is compulsory to complete that information if it applies to you. Any reason why you want to skip it?
If you have indicated that you have a spouse, then fill in your spouse's parent details if alive. This also applies to applicant's parent. There is also an option to indicate if (Alive/Deceased/Unknown).

For https://southafrica.vfsevisa.com/: I have never applied on the site but, the main page is opening on my browser and there is no 404 error message. At what point do you get the 404 message? Have you tried using Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge or clearing your cache?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 1:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Myst77:

For ehome.dha.gov.za: It is compulsory to complete that information if it applies to you. Any reason why you want to skip it?
If you have indicated that you have a spouse, then fill in your spouse's parent details if alive. This also applies to applicant's parent. There is also an option to indicate if (Alive/Deceased/Unknown).

For https://southafrica.vfsevisa.com/: I have never applied on the site but, the main page is opening on my browser and there is no 404 error message. At what point do you get the 404 message? Have you tried using Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge or clearing your cache?

Why am asking is because I don't want to fill what will now require certificate of birth/date of parent.
As for the vfs e-visa, once I want to proceed to applicant travel details, it will show server error, then 404 will appear
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 27, 2023
dennis201:

Why am asking is because I don't want to fill what will now require certificate of birth/date of parent.
As for the vfs e-visa, once I want to proceed to applicant travel details, it will show server error, then 404 will appear

You are not required to supply certificate of birth even when you fill in the info. If you can’t get past that entry box then, it means it’s compulsory. I have filled it in the past and got my evisa, and I did not upload my birth certificate.

You have a better chance of getting your visa when you fill the boxes accurately. I understand your concern but here’s a tip - whatever they ask you to provide (provide it). What they do not ask you to provide (don’t provide it).

The documents you need to upload are specifically stated in the documents upload page on the site.

You should also rely on the documents checklist on the VFS South Africa main site for your visa type (the one you’d normally download if you were to apply for sticker visa). Always follow the documents checklist to be safe.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JUCEleonu: 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
Has anyone who applied through VFS E-visa portal anytime since the start of the new year gotten an outcome?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by H100: 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
Is there reason for what the South African DHA is doing?

I tire oo

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anniebam: 5:37pm On Jan 27, 2023
H100:

I tire oo

They should keep doing rubbish. For a country that is facing serious economic meltdown and foreigners leaving their country due to the whole Eskom light rubbish and considering the fact that the larger part of their GDP comes from Tourism, they have refused to have sense. Whoever is in charge of their government is obviously clueless because they are going down the drain. Very annoying stupid country!!!!

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
H100:

I tire oo

It’s everywhere o, Not just Nigerians. Na the Indians sef Dey suffer am pass. In fact, the French investors were threatening to remove all their companies from SA and take it elsewhere if they don’t address this visa delay and denial issue. Maybe like a scheme to reduce immigrants sha.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 5:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
Anniebam:

They should keep doing rubbish. For a country that is facing serious economic meltdown and foreigners leaving their country due to the whole Eskom light rubbish and considering the fact that the larger part of their GDP comes from Tourism, they have refused to have sense. Whoever is in charge of their government is obviously clueless because they are going down the drain. Very annoying stupid country!!!!

What of study visa, people who applied in October, November, December for the 2023 academic session from nigeria are yet to be given a decision. Nigerians constitute the largest in International Student enrollment and yet none of the people from nigeria that applied have been given a decision till now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pacaveli: 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
Even September 2022 applicants never see response, hoping for d best sha
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dennis201: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
How can I pay for the R425 visa application? Anybody that can help should signify
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 28, 2023
dennis201:
How can I pay for the R425 visa application? Anybody that can help should signify
Pay with a USD card. You can either use a bank issued USD card or electronic USD via an app like Chipper Cash.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 28, 2023
Pacaveli:
Even September 2022 applicants never see response, hoping for d best sha

There was an earlier post on this platform about an academic research visa applicant who applied in Jan 2022 and got denied, I think this month - that’s 1 year waiting period. One can at least stomach the long wait if a positive outcome is certain but that’s unfortunately not the case.

Everyone that has been waiting, hang in there. SA embassy/DHA has been like this for many years. Sometimes, the process improves when they have cleared the backlog but, then another backlog occurs and back to the same problem. We really need the Nigerian government to speak out! Kenya and SA recently signed an agreement allowing Kenyans to visit SA without visa for 90 days. It’s like our Nigerian passport has completely lost its value due to the incompetence of our leaders. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 8:53am On Jan 28, 2023
Nigerian government to speak out ? 😂 😂dey play😂
Myst77:

There was an earlier post on this platform about an academic research visa applicant who applied in Jan 2022 and got denied, I think this month - that’s 1 year waiting period. One can at least stomach the long wait if a positive outcome is certain but that’s unfortunately not the case.

Everyone that has been waiting, hang in there. SA embassy/DHA has been like this for many years. Sometimes, the process improves when they have cleared the backlog but, then another backlog occurs and back to the same problem. We really need the Nigerian government to speak out! Kenya and SA recently signed an agreement allowing Kenyans to visit SA without visa for 90 days. It’s like our Nigerian passport has completely lost its value due to the incompetence of our leaders. It is well.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayor2023: 9:17am On Jan 28, 2023
Please does anyone have idea of expected release of study visa, i applied mid december,2022. How can I remind the High commission at Abuja?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (808) (809) (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.