Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business (7914 Views)

Which Should I Go For? 110k FG Pensionable Or 220k Contract Multinational / Logistics Manager Needed In A Multinational Company / Logistics Manager Needed In A Multinational Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by AjanleKoko: 2:22pm On May 24, 2012
Liss:

Why do you consider it a dumb question? You might have experiences that makes the question seem dumb but in reality its the experience I am banking on. Not everyone has had the opportunity you've had working in either place.

Considering you are regarded as a veteran in the career and travel section, I can say you just lost some of the respect I had for you.

P.S I didn't bribe the moderator to put it on the front page. I just needed a few reasonable responses.

Hmm. You do have a point. But hey, I still think it's a dumb question. Ranks right up there with the 'ICAN or ACCA which is better' thread. In fact, I'm not sure which one of the two is stoopid-er undecided

Did you sit and think about the question, a little at least, before you threw it out there?
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by Liss: 2:35pm On May 24, 2012
Whatever, dude. Just realise that lots of people battle this question in their lives. Count yourself lucky you don't.
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by AjanleKoko: 2:41pm On May 24, 2012
Liss: Whatever, dude. Just realise that lots of people battle this question in their lives. Count yourself lucky you don't.

You are sha trying your best to convince me that this question isn't dumb grin
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by Liss: 2:48pm On May 24, 2012
Well, you said it!
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by Liss: 3:01pm On May 24, 2012
@Ajanlekoko,

Are you gonna contribute and share your experiences now? wink
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by AjanleKoko: 3:05pm On May 24, 2012
Liss: @Ajanlekoko,

Are you gonna contribute and share your experiences now? wink

Okay, sure.
I have worked both in multinationals and one-man businesses.
There is nothing to compare. They are both jobs. Multinationals also pay lousy, while some one-man companies pay very well, for example.
People should stop making nonsensical comparisons, and face their jobs or careers, or whatever they have.

If you don't know why you are working where you are, then you have a very serious problem.

Happy now?
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by Liss: 3:43pm On May 24, 2012
Not particularly.... You still have lost some of my respect sha.
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by AjanleKoko: 3:53pm On May 24, 2012
Liss: Not particularly.... You still have lost some of my respect sha.

hehehehe. I didn't even know I had it.
Not to worry, it won't be missed wink
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by ayox2003: 3:58pm On May 24, 2012
Someone already answered your question.
Shakara123: Whichever you choose is a function of where you want to be, your career goals, whether or not you are lazy or you like a challenging environment...etc.

Like I would always advice, never begin your career in a one-man business if you have a choice to make. A multinational will most likely train you, and prepare you for greater opportunities (if you know what you want). A one man business will make you feel like a star when truly you are not even close.

Have you thought of what happens if the one man biz goes down?

Also consider how future employers will perceive you when you say you have being with Tayo and Co for 4 years as against a known name whose business processes can't be hard to fetch.

Money is never a motivating factor. It is only a hygiene factor. Its presence will not motivate you, but its absence will demotivate you. Never consider pay to knowledge especially as a starter, else you may just become irrelevant soon if not careful.

Life is all about choice and only responsible people accept the fall outs of the choices they make...especially when it does not go well as planned. Think it through and ask good questions. That will guide your decision. Pray too.

Liss, although the information you posted is incomplete, I think its your decision that matters most.
Just like asking us if you should marry a white man or a black man.

2 Likes

Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by Liss: 4:01pm On May 24, 2012
@Ajanlekoko,

More reason you should have treasured it....

oh, well....
Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by AjanleKoko: 5:42pm On May 30, 2012
Liss: @Ajanlekoko,

More reason you should have treasured it....

oh, well....

This is why I felt the post was dumb:

ayox2003:
Liss, although the information you posted is incomplete, I think its your decision that matters most.
Just like asking us if you should marry a white man or a black man.

1 Like

Re: Multinational Company Vs. One Man Business by kunleweb: 5:39pm On May 19, 2019
Still needs to be touched for the current generation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why ‘can I Sue My Employer?’ Is Often The Wrong Question / Bank's MD's ''Prayer'' (Curse) On Non-Performing Staff / Job Opportunities For Information Science Graduate: Urgent Reply Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.