Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,954 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know (4621 Views)

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help / My Husband Has Turned Me To A Punching Bag / Help!!! My Husband Has Been Sleeping With Our Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by recruitmnt: 6:45am On May 24, 2012
PrettyCindy:

Mr BrownJAY, HIV is a DEATH SENTENCE if not managed on time. I have seen lots and lots of people living with that stuff. If you find out on time, you will be able to manage it and still live a very very comfortable normal life but it is a certified ticking C4 Explosive when the carrier doesn't know its HIV and continues treating Malaria and Typhoid repeatedly. Remember this woman here did not ask for it, she could be your sister.
Infact i know for damn sure that all of you saying you won't tell will do serious tatafo if its your sister or aunt or best friends involved. Who are we kidding? **the crap women take all in the name of marriage**.

shocked shocked Are you for real? Yeparipa! Ehen... Please oh, shebi HIV test is usually done for EVERY pregnant woman at the beginning of the pregnancy. Will ask at my next antenatal. I've been treating recurrent malaria oh, but the test I did before pregnancy is negative now . No fear mi Biko grin
Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by Nobody: 10:29am On May 24, 2012
PrettyCindy:
Mr BrownJAY, HIV is a DEATH SENTENCE if not managed on time. I have seen lots and lots of people living with that stuff. If you find out on time, you will be able to manage it and still live a very very comfortable normal life but it is a certified ticking C4 Explosive when the carrier doesn't know its HIV and continues treating Malaria and Typhoid repeatedly. Remember this woman here did not ask for it, she could be your sister.
Infact i know for damn sure that all of you saying you won't tell will do serious tatafo if its your sister or aunt or best friends involved. Who are we kidding? **the crap women take all in the name of marriage**.

pls dont misread my posts, i would let that person know IN AN INSTANT, if i had 100% confirmation that her partner was HIV......because thats what i would expect people to do with me (if i was in her shoes).
Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by moremi2008(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2012
God help all of you if this turns out to be a false rumour! Real wahala go dey!
Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by Busybody2(f): 5:30pm On May 24, 2012
^^^

Why Moremi A, has there been some deliberation amongst y'all and you been designated to call the woman ni cheesy

@ OP

Subscribing to the line of reasoning that the woman should not be informed crudely. Trained Counsellors are there for a reason so as not to trigger issues such as mental inbalance in the victim cascading them into depressive stupor which is as good as being sentenced to death.
Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by tasandra: 5:46pm On May 24, 2012
O ma se oo undecidedhe shuld pls tell his wife abt it..
Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by moremi2008(m): 8:06pm On May 24, 2012
Busy_body: ^^^

Why Moremi A, has there been some deliberation amongst y'all and you been designated to call the woman ni cheesy

@ OP

Subscribing to the line of reasoning that the woman should not be informed crudely. Trained Counsellors are there for a reason so as not to trigger issues such as mental inbalance in the victim cascading them into depressive stupor which is as good as being sentenced to death.

Nigerians are fond of acting without rational thought and this annoys me to no end! Of course the stooopid, village thing to do is to go tell the wife immediately but anybody with common sense should be able to anticipate the repercussions of making such horrible allegations without ironclad proof and would thus proceed with caution.

I am probably this way because I have lived in the US for a long time and I know how easily a situation like this can backfire big time, especially with the strict privacy laws in place here. It is in nobody's place to go do Amebo to the wife. The most any sane person can do is put pressure on the man to tell his wife (but then, he/she would have to explain how they came across the sensitive information in the first place!). Or perhaps, the anonymous letter thing can work if the wife is likely to believe a letter like that!
Re: Husband Has HIV But Wife Does Not Know by gabbytabby: 9:22pm On May 27, 2012
The question should be how many people would like to know if their spouse is HIV positive and has not disclosed this to them. I know I would and I really would not care about the source but be thankful that they gave me an opportunity to do something about it. It is a criminal offence(aggravated reckless endangerment in the first degree) in most western countries to have intimate encounters with the opposite sex while knowing that you are HIV positive.

If the person is sure of their facts then they should tell and I would say anonymously. Its up to the wife what she does with the information. If she knows her husband to be an unfaithful philaderer she can protect herself if she does not already do this. That is why I really dont get this thing about people in a polygamous setting in this day and age.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is It So Hard To Understand Nigerian Men / Advise Need On This Issue. / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.