Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians (944 Views)

Punch Used Picture Of Nancy-Reagan As That Of Ocholi / Dambazau Receives Igbo Chieftaincy Title Of Ochiagha (WAR GENERAL) / Governor T.A Orji Xmas Message To Abians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians by comradefery: 2:19pm On May 24, 2012
MY OPEN LETTER TO ABIANS

THANK YOU ABIANS
Great Abians, I have waited this long just to see if our oppressors could have a change of heart by doing what the law says on election that was marred by irregularities and high class impunity. But this has not happened yet.
From the bottom of my heart I wish to thank all Abians for the wonderful support and encouragement given to me before, during and after the elections. Do not be fooled or deceived by anyone, you and I won the April 2011 elections in the state, but the forces of darkness that had held us down for decades changed the course of history by making sure that your votes did not count.
Recall how some stranger forces dictated that T.A Orji must be returned to power whether you and I liked it or not. Seventeen out of the 18 candidates that participated at that poll rejected the outcome, yet one man was right. We challenged them but they denied it. But today, we are living witnesses to the rot our State and Nation has become. I weep for our State, I weep for Nigeria.
Like Nigeria, our God’s Own State has become the lost traveler lacking in capacity to continue or retreat; but, return, we must. Because it is not every lost traveler that has the luck to re-connect. They say they are working, but I see them walking Abians into an abyss of darkness and of no return. We must act fast, else our children and grand children will forever have no state they can proudly call theirs.
Why do I say this?
First and foremost, I do not see a program yet for the state. I see no BATNA either. Aba remains its dirty and stinking self and without roads. Government priorities are simply wrong. In short the government is dangerously stagnant. Let’s look at a few of these jumble of misplaced iconoclasms: allocation of over 90% of annual budget to recurrent expenditure; a heliport, international conference centre, new government house, recruitment of 500 aides, sack of non-indigenes, fictitious budget figures, inclusion of Golden Guinea breweries, Aba textile mills and a cement plant at Arochukwu as factories to be built or revamped in the 2012 budget, ( these companies are privately owned);manipulation and cooking of Secondary and Primary Schools registers and enrolment books; listing of Mecure as government investment, borrowing of hospital equipment to commission Aba teaching hospital, institutionalization of ‘Aka construction company’; running of local government councils with appointed agents of the PDP, misapplication of local government funds , gagging of the opposition and general state of siege; etc etc. The proposed heliport is useless to the State unless it would serve as another NADECO route soon.
The other day I was informed of a mild drama in Umuahia, can you believe this? “Each time there is problem in the State I will call my wife and my son, we discuss and Abia will move on” This is how Abia is governed by god the father, god the wife, and god the holy son.
All that this government had accused its predecessors of are now in vogue: Corruption, fiefdom, status symbolism, lack of vision, state of siege and sycophancy. It is also public knowledge that Nigeria runs a joint account system with local governments. We do not therefore receive anything less than N5-6Billion monthly. Blackmail and buck passing and untenable excuses have taken centre stage. I heard them say we do not have enough allocations, but I also see them appoint over 500 aides. By the way no one has told us how much we generate internally, how much we get from excess crude account, how much we get from subsidy removal, how much we get from Ecological fund and how much from donor agencies?, I can go on and on.
When after the elections they shamelessly and openly accused me of refusing to ‘NEGOTIATE’, what they mean is that I refused to take their bribe. For me, Abia and Abia people are NON NEGOTIABLE. Together we shall swim but not sink. To me, your welfare and well-being comes first.
When they failed to persuade me to take their bribe, they resorted to cheap blackmail, utter falsehood and mudslinging against me and my late parents. First they accused me of being behind their serial booing which sincerely I know nothing about. You are all witnesses to the ferocious attacks that followed this denial in the media and social platforms. I was good enough to “join forces with them” but bad enough to stand tall in my constructive criticisms. Great Abians, be assured that no amount of falsehood or cheap blackmail or resort to intimidation can stop me from this crusade to emancipate Abia people. If my blood is what they need for you to be free I would offer freely. My advice to T.A is to order my arrest and prosecution if he has proof I was behind his serial booing in Nigeria. This is the most honourable thing to do instead of indecently resorting to abusing the hell out of my very respectful innocent late parents, and attempting most frustratingly to pitch me against prominent citizens of the State. As my former colleague in office, he knows I know enough to thoroughly embarrass and keep him behind bars all his life in a just and egalitarian society. By the grace of immunity, they are hauling stones from inside their broken glass houses on my parents. I will spill the beans if he or his hirelings utter any further lie against me or my late parents. Let this therefore serve as the last warning.
At the appropriate time, I will tell you what my next political moves geared towards your prosperity would be. Our destiny certainly does not lie in the hand of this lost group. Let me for sake of emphasis reiterate the need to remain united, focused and vigilant in the struggle to CHANGEABIA into a paradise bestowed on us by the Almighty God. I am encouraged by the ever increasing number of our members. Together we shall make Abia work again. I did inform you it’s going to be a long race. We should remain as strong and committed as ever. I certainly see light at the end of the tunnel.
Let me at this point pause and express my deep appreciation to my party, the APGA. I thank posthumously and most profoundly our leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu and his amiable wife, Bianca; the National Chairman, Sir Victor Umeh who provided a level playing field during the primaries leading to my eventual victory at the polls. I have not lost both the popularity and magic that saw me winning those elections. I am more challenged now to do it again. In fact I am in a hurricane mood now.
And to you INEC, we believed in your philosophy of ONE MAN ONE VOTE but we were deceived. In amending the electoral act for the forth coming elections, please, ensure that it does not become my duty to prove that elections conducted by you are flawed. And that the ballot boxes found in the bushes are yours and that those snatched and/or stuffed ballot boxes are fake and therefore, not my responsibility to conduct forensic analysis on them. You must save us the BOKO HARAMS of this world by ensuring that political parties stick to their zoning agreements which must have your consent. It must be your duty to axe such earring parties. Nigeria cannot afford to get it wrong this time, but certainly not when candidates win 5Million votes in the midst of 2Million people.
To you, the Judiciary, we knew that the son of man must die, but woe betide thee through whom over 99.9% of all electoral cases in the State were crucified. It is only in Nigeria that time militates against Justice Delivery.
As a believer in the Ibo course and a united but negotiated Nigeria, we must convince our self nay Nigerians that we have the capacity to lead, not just Ibos but Nigerians. We must present a Presidential Candidate in future elections. The need for cohesion, respect for constituted authority and hyrachical order cannot be over emphasized.
The ambitious but principled stance of the ACN should be emulated or supported. Abia and Nigeria need Change. If after 16 years of the PDP government Nigeria remains insecure, backward, undeveloped, in darkness, impoverished and without basic infrastructure and human capital development, we do not need a soothsayer to tell us we need Change.
Great Abians, I may not have met all your expectations, that makes me only human. Let’s forge ahead believing that we have learnt sufficiently from our past mistakes. You cannot afford to stand aloof. Your destiny certainly lies in your hands. Your vote is your power. I cherish your support yesterday, today and always. Keep trusting me, keep supporting me, keep loving me. And together we can make Abia work again. Join ChangeAbia Today! I love you all!
I WILL DO A NEW THING

Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba
APGA Governorship Hopeful
Abia State
Re: Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians by kegikwanu(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2012
source please?
Re: Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians by kpakpaNwaabia: 6:35am On May 28, 2012
Ochiagha the dogged fighter, keep calling the bluff of these even minded oppressors of Abia people, history will vindicate you. We appreciate your effort in ensuring the enthronment of quality leadership in Abia. Please dont't relent and don't succumb to their attacks. God bless you sir!
Re: Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians by sandoz: 9:23am On May 28, 2012
reagan ufomba is a cheap lier,fraudster and blackmailer, abians know him well by now. He didn't even win in his ntigha adopted home and his attempt to get settled by ochendo is not news, but we're happy that ochendo rejected his proposals. The stupid aro man is fooling himself and his apga touts but not abians and other well meaning nigerians. we're waiting for the bastard in 2015
Re: Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba's Open Letter To Abians by kpakpaNwaabia: 10:05pm On May 28, 2012
Sandoz, so Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba is no more from Ogoni, he's now from Aro, this an interesting development. Though your utterances here clearly define you as a little street charlatant devoid of intelligence, proper reasoning, sound arguement, and intellectual endownment, hence my attachment of little importance to your hunger driven but senseless outburst, however, i'm compelled by facts to put a few words accross for the sake of those who may behold your non inspiring and non interesting nuissance. After the last general election, the satanic mugu from Okija called T.A.Orji said it in different fora and was reportedd both in the print and electronic media that " I have made severall efforts to meet with the APGA governorship candidate, Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba, and even sent prominent sons of the area to him, but he's been avoiding me", the facts are there, but not for little rats like this Sando who must be one of the street orchings brought back home from the streets of Ajegunle to come and serve as criminal thugs to Chinedu Orji, the Ajo Ikuku. Sandos, just like T.A.Orji represents sorrow and darkness, you represent foolishness and insanity, so go back to your mortuary of ignorance and isolation where you belonged during and after the general election. Ka chineke gbahara gi ma oburu na iga ario mgbahara taa!

(1) (Reply)

Is Oshiomole Getting Too Desperate In Edo State? / The Genius Behind Nigerian E-mail Scams / Video: Explosive! John Fashanu Speaks On Sovereign National Conference, 2015 Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.