Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? (61649 Views)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Worst Governor And Slowest Developing States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by jason123: 10:51pm On May 25, 2012
Clairette: Unless u were not in Akwa Ibom 5yrS ago, then I'll pardon. Without sentiments of any sort, Gov Akpabio, if fairly or on merit, should be listed, noted n taken as the best Gov Nigeria has produced. The best ever in all areas u may want to mention. Mostly noted, he's a detribalized Akwa Ibomite of note. Ameachi n Fashola have d allocation n all d tax payers money at their disposal yet they've not been able to meet up it Akpabio. Do d maths; how many companies or industries does Akwa Ibom has n how many do Lagos n Rivers have? Do the maths n score urself with all fairness

But also take into account the population in those states. Lagos alone houses 18 million people, 12% of Niaja's population!!! Its not easy to manage such a population. This also means the money allocated per head is quite small in those states compared to AkwaIbom.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Clemzy16(m): 10:59pm On May 25, 2012
I'm giving it to Comrade Adams Oshiomhole of Edo STATE. The o-talk-nado of our time. That guy has achieved alot in just less than 3yrs.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by RoadStar: 11:25pm On May 25, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: I am very glad that all you nutheads are underating Peter Obi of Anambra but time will tell!!!!!!! The man had performed better that your fashola,Amaechi and Rochad put together and even Rochas and Mimiko look up to him!!! You guys guys are judging performances based on "white elephant project"!! How about massive basic infrastructures that stretches accross the state. Peter Obi is not developing Awka alone; He is workng all the sectors sumultaneously! Am dissapointed by the way nigerians judge performances. How many jobs has all these clowns you guys are calling has created Anambra has not borrowed a kobo from any back inspite of their meagre resources ! Anambra state is the most financially stable state because of the prudent funds management of the state government. Anambra is the least indebted state in nigeria yet you dont see the governor running aroud ringing bells for it. Do you have clue as to why Peter Obi is in the economic team of GEJ and fashola,Amaecho and Roshas are not ? Time will tell. I see ppl calling Akpabio,oshomole,sullivan and even freaking mimiko!!!! EDUCATION ISNT WISDOM!!!!
SHUT UP MY FRIEND ! YOU ARE A DISGRACE
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 12:31am On May 26, 2012
I am very sure that more than half of d governors in Nigeria cannot handle a mega state lyk lagos,most of them can't even handle lagos state's transportatn alone talkless of other areas. An average public school in lagos has about 4000 to 5000 student population (minus prim schs).Ow many are in d oda states? In Agege LG where I stay 4 example,there are at least 20 of such public schools and dat givs U a 100,000 student pop yet they are well furnished,white board and markers, fluorescents and fans,books e.t.c unlyke wen I was in school.Dis is just an example cos wat d Lagos state gov has done is 2 numerous 2 mention and analyse here cos it myt take me hours 2 do so. D populatn of each state shuld be a criteria also. Moreova Lagos state gets abt 4bill naira 4rm FG monthly wich is total nonsense dat can't take care of 1/4 of d state's needs but generates abt 20bill naira monthly due 2 sheer brilliance.Ow many states can internally generate funds? Lagos state is working and it's only an ingrate dat'll say BRF hasn't tried. Being d best governor is not just about building structures,projects e.t.c(mind u,lagos state isn't lagging in these) cos they are based solely on availability of funds and initiative.It is more abt planning and strategies.Using limited resource 2 achieve wonderous results,turning lil into plenty..BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA. (SAN) is not in d class of any of these governers. The topic should be changed to; "Aside Lagos state gov,who is d best performing gov?".
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by croj(m): 12:49am On May 26, 2012
My people, without missing words, i give it to Rochas considering the fact that he is just 1 year in Office.

Achievements:

1. Completion of Heros Square in 4 months (A Mini stadium for most events)
2. Trained over 1000 youths in Acting, Drama, script writing, etc through the Rochas Creativity Club
3. Completion of Ojukwu Convention center.
4. Beautification of concord and achike udenwa Avenue. The place looks like small london
5. Free education from primary to Tertiary instutution for Imo indegenes in Imo institutions.
5. payment of stipends to primary school children to motivate the for education
6. Contruction of roads and bypasses all around Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe
7. Introduction of community governance. 4th Tier government with civil servants deployed to the villages
8. Renovation of the Dan Anyiam Stadium. The pitch was almost picked to host Super Eagles
9. Large palm kernel farms in all the local governements
10. Construction of big gates at strategic positions in Owerri. 60% completed
11. Construction (or Fixing) of about 50 classrooms blocks at township Primary school. 85% completed
12. Completion of Concord Hotel Extension and Chief Judge's Lodges
13. Construction of General Hospitals In all the local government areas. The projects have already started, some nearing completion.
14. About to start building a state of the art car parking house at Bank Road. land already cleared.
15. Signed Deal with a Kosovo firm to build a 500MW power plant in owerri
16. Consistent power supply in Owerri
17. Launched Health at your Doorstep program, with 27 pick Up vans and 27 Buses. to deliver healthcare to all the 27 LGAs
18. Establishment of Imo State School of Advanced Professional studies (ICAPS). The school has already resumed with buildings completed and foreign personnels managing it.
19. Established Imo State School for Young Scientist to train scientists of imo origin. Buildings completed
20. Renovation of Roundabouts to become like Monuments.
21. Reconstruction of the Government house environment. That place looks like london now, with beautiful gates installed.
22. E-learning program launched in all the primary schools with computer classrooms built.
23. Partnership with Actors guild of Nigeria to build a movie village at Oguta Blue Lake

There are some i did not list here.....

He did all these in just 1 year. Imagine what Imo will become in 4 years.

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:13am On May 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Na rochas put tap to run dowm from that rock? lipsrsealed

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:14am On May 26, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Na rochas put tap to run dowm from that rock? lipsrsealed
croj: My people, without missing words, i give it to Rochas considering the fact that he is just 1 year in Office.

Achievements:

2. Trained over 1000 youths in Acting, Drama, script writing, etc through the Rochas Creativity Club
4. Beautification of concord and achike udenwa Avenue. The place looks like small london
5. Free education from primary to Tertiary instutution for Imo indegenes in Imo institutions.
7. Introduction of community governance. 4th Tier government with civil servants deployed to the villages
8. Renovation of the Dan Anyiam Stadium. The pitch was almost picked to host Super Eagles
11. Construction (or Fixing) of about 50 classrooms blocks at township Primary school. 85% completed
13. Construction of General Hospitals In all the local government areas. The projects have already started, some nearing completion.
14. About to start building a state of the art car parking house at Bank Road. land already cleared.
17. Launched Health at your Doorstep program, with 27 pick Up vans and 27 Buses. to deliver healthcare to all the 27 LGAs
18. Establishment of Imo State School of Advanced Professional studies (ICAPS). The school has already resumed with buildings completed and foreign personnels managing it.
19. Established Imo State School for Young Scientist to train scientists of imo origin. Buildings completed
21. Reconstruction of the Government house environment. That place looks like london now, with beautiful gates installed.
22. E-learning program launched in all the primary schools with computer classrooms built.
23. Partnership with Actors guild of Nigeria to build a movie village at Oguta Blue Lake

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Anyaugo1(m): 4:42am On May 26, 2012
TIME SHALL TELL
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sunky644(m): 5:27am On May 26, 2012
Abagworo: .

grin I was in Ondo last month and I did the driving. I even went to see your Governor. Ondo is like a 3rd or 4th home to me. Is Mimiko really liked in Ondo? NO.
Yes man, he has actually tried cos he is glued to executing flashy projects for people to feel he is our Messiah. But, the extent at which he wastes our resources is unmentionable. You need to be close to the top and see how OSOPADEC(NDDC) allocation is embezzled and mismanaged. 75million naira for fountain, 850million naira for a three bungalow Hospital etc. We really don't like him cos right from time he has always betrayed any of his boss going for second term starting from Pa Adekunle Ajasin days to Chief Adebayo Adefarati and then Dr Olusegun Agagu. So, why is he now an advocate of what he once despised? I need to know the sainthood (if there is a word like that) character in him to make him deserve two terms over his predecessors. One governor, one term.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Fadola2: 6:18am On May 26, 2012
Abagworo: .

grin I was in Ondo last month and I did the driving. I even went to see your Governor. Ondo is like a 3rd or 4th home to me. Is Mimiko really liked in Ondo? NO.
u dont know what u are saying, how did u know that people hate him when u are ñot residing here? i think opposition party invited u for a rally, go to market places, enter a taxi & inquire from people to know d fact, for someone to have won almost all d award meant for d govs. its not easy.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by EkoIle1: 6:43am On May 26, 2012
croj: My people, without missing words, i give it to Rochas considering the fact that he is just 1 year in Office.

Achievements:

Thank you very much for the comedy.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Fadola2: 6:53am On May 26, 2012
sunky644:
Yes man, he has actually tried cos he is glued to executing flashy projects for people to feel he is our Messiah. But, the extent at which he wastes our resources is unmentionable. You need to be close to the top and see how OSOPADEC(NDDC) allocation is embezzled and mismanaged. 75million naira for fountain, 850million naira for a three bungalow Hospital etc. We really don't like him cos right from time he has always betrayed any of his boss going for second term starting from Pa Adekunle Ajasin days to Chief Adebayo Adefarati and then Dr Olusegun Agagu. So, why is he now an advocate of what he once despised? I need to know the sainthood (if there is a word like that) character in him to make him deserve two terms over his predecessors. One governor, one term.
we know people like u are from opposition party, who will never criticise constructively, is it a taboo or a curse for govs. to win for second term in ondo state? let me tell u, i'm not ondo state indigine but i benefited from his good works. this man dont even need to campaign b4 winning forthcoming election.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Clairette(f): 7:09am On May 26, 2012
jason123:

But also take into account the population in those states. Lagos alone houses 18 million people, 12% of Niaja's population!!! Its not easy to manage such a population. This also means the money allocated per head Is quite small in those states compared to AkwaIbom.

In other words, Fashola or any other Gov go house to house to make development possible? Or are you saying that there r also 18m roads, 18m schools, 18m hospital built as well as 18m potential hospitals and 18m developmental targets each? If Govs were to give their State's population as an excuse for their lack of vision, then Bayelsa State would be a paradise of sort. And that means Prèsi Jonathan is blameless given d 150m people he has to 'manage'
Pls do ur analysis well cos I'm interested in this ur population thing.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2012
Clairette:

In other words, Fashola or any other Gov go house to house to make development possible? Or are saying that there r also 18m roads, 18m schools, 18m hospital built as well as 18m potential hospitals and 18m developmental targets each? If Govs were to give their State's population as an excuse for their lack of vision, then Bayelsa State would be a paradise of sort. And that means Prèsi Jonathan is blameless give d 150m people he has to 'manage'
Abeg, help he me ask them oo. It's not like Fashola is feeding the 18million lagosians with food. He even takes from the 18million and share it to just about 10 persent of the state. It's not like Lagos is one of the biggest states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2012
Fadola2: u dont know what u are saying, how did u know that people hate him when u are ñot residing here? i think opposition party invited u for a rally, go to market places, enter a taxi & inquire from people to know d fact, for someone to have won almost all d award meant for d govs. its not easy.

sunky644:

Adebayo Adefarati was so liked in his time. But why couldn't he achieve a 2nd tenure.

@fadola2 I was at Ondo Government house. I noticed road constructions completed and ongoing but I lodged at a hotel on the outskirts . I wanted to suggest he's doing a good job but I was shouted down by ordinary people. People in Ondo believe Ondo is one of the richest States in Nigeria and deserve more than Mimiko is giving.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 8:58am On May 26, 2012
Clairette:

In other words, Fashola or any other Gov go house to house to make development possible? Or are saying that there r also 18m roads, 18m schools, 18m hospital built as well as 18m potential hospitals and 18m developmental targets each? If Govs were to give their State's population as an excuse for their lack of vision, then Bayelsa State would be a paradise of sort. And that means Prèsi Jonathan is blameless give d 150m people he has to 'manage'
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by ikachi1: 9:23am On May 26, 2012
Best five are top to btm: Akpabio, Fashola, Amechi, Oshiomole and Rochas.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 9:33am On May 26, 2012
Clairette,I doubt if U're an educated fellow and if U are,U must be 'half baked' cos ur analysis and stupid 18m questns aren't different 4rm those of an illiterate. Simple logical analysis shuld tell U dat,d more d populatn,d more difficult it is 2 manage a state and d more money is needed but FG has turned deaf ears 2 d plight of Lagos wit a nonsence 4bill naira monthly allocation.There was even a tym FG refused 2 pay for months cos PDP kuldn't capture Lag yet Lagos survived. I served in d north and one major feature ova there is good roads cos wen a road is constructed,only few vehicles ply it. D amount of vehicles dat ply Lagos roads on a daily basis is more dan dose dat ply alot of oda states combined hence more fund is needed 2 build a gud 1 in order 2 reduce wear and tear and maintain d roads.Do u know d pop of govt workers dat'll need 2 be payed? Is it d same amnt of money dat U'll use 2 provide facilities 4 abt 10mill students dat U'll use 4 a lower no?It is not 2 much if Lagos gets 1/4 of FG's monthly allocation instead of d 4bill naira. Inspite of all these,Lagos state still stands tall among d best.Nobody told U dat Lagos state is giving a population excuse 4 lack of visionary leadership. Wen U talk abt visionary leadership,U talk abt BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA of Lagos state.Ok? I suggest U follow d thread and read earlier posts so we won't need 2 start typing allover again wat has been typed and 2 avoid stupid questions like d ones U asked.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 9:50am On May 26, 2012
afam4eva:
Abeg, help he me ask them oo. It's not like Fashola is feeding the 18million lagosians with food. He even takes from the 18million and share it to just about 10 persent of the state. It's not like Lagos is one of the biggest states in Nigeria.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 10:01am On May 26, 2012
Woman wrapper! If U don't av d brains 2 make ur own point,at least try and av common sense 2 analyse what another person says..Very fast in supporting a silly point.Explain wat u meant by taking money 4rm 18m 2 giv 2 10%? and Lagos state not being one of d biggest states?
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by SpiritofOkija(m): 10:15am On May 26, 2012

Achievements:

Not impressed.. No real value

croj: 2. Trained over 1000 youths in Acting, Drama, script writing, etc through the Rochas Creativity Club
This sounds like a joke

croj: 3. Completion of Ojukwu Convention center.
No Value to the people..

croj: 4. Beautification of concord and achike udenwa Avenue. The place looks like small london
Nice.. But still not impressed

croj: 5. Free education from primary to Tertiary instutution for Imo indegenes in Imo institutions.
Nice move for primary and secondary level (falls in line with the UBE scheme), tertiary part shows that he has no idea what a university is all about...

croj: 5. payment of stipends to primary school children to motivate the for education
The dumbest thing he has done as a governor since sharing kerosene in a crowded stadium..

croj: 6. Contruction of roads and bypasses all around Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe
No specifices again.. Pictures to prove it as well.. Plus roads without drainages = Graded road...

croj: 7. Introduction of community governance. 4th Tier government with civil servants deployed to the villages
Dont get it!! How does this help his government?!

croj: 8. Renovation of the Dan Anyiam Stadium. The pitch was almost picked to host Super Eagles
I'm sure you laughed when you typed this..

croj: 9. Large palm kernel farms in all the local governements
Interesting stuff!! Now you you mean PALM or did you just say kernel.. How do you farm kernel biko nu?! Hmm.. please explain

croj: 10. Construction of big gates at strategic positions in Owerri. 60% completed
Like flood gates, security gates or what?! How does this make sense sef?! Whats the merit of this?! LIke seriously!! Nna this is worse than I thought...

croj: 11. Construction (or Fixing) of about 50 classrooms blocks at township Primary school. 85% completed
Nice... But you only spoke of one school.. Rivers State government did 2 schools per LGA and now they are launching the second phase to bring it up to four.. Rochas is slacking!!

croj: 12. Completion of Concord Hotel Extension and Chief Judge's Lodges
Like seriously!!? Hotel?! na wah for Imo state people o!! Is this what you call development?!

croj: 13. Construction of General Hospitals In all the local government areas. The projects have already started, some nearing completion.
If this is true and can be proven with pictures to be GENERAL HOSPITALS and not HEALTH CENTRES then he score a lovely point here...

croj: 14. About to start building a state of the art car parking house at Bank Road. land already cleared.
WHAT THE FHUCK is the meaning of this nonsense biko?! Mtchewwww!! NEXT!!

croj: 15. Signed Deal with a Kosovo firm to build a 500MW power plant in owerri
Call me when they get past paper level.. RIver State already produces enough power to serve the sate and even sell to the government..

croj: 16. Consistent power supply in Owerri
Shey na Rochas be PHCN now?! Abi no be federal government own electricity provision and distribution again?!!

croj: 17. Launched Health at your Doorstep program, with 27 pick Up vans and 27 Buses. to deliver healthcare to all the 27 LGAs
The program sounds and ridiculous as the name .. No futher comment..

croj: 18. Establishment of Imo State School of Advanced Professional studies (ICAPS). The school has already resumed with buildings completed and foreign personnels managing it.
Tell us more about this school and what it does and is suppose to achieve... what certificate do they award..

croj: 19. Established Imo State School for Young Scientist to train scientists of imo origin. Buildings completed
Now!! I had no idea that we had schools of scientists .. This is really ground breaking from Otimpku Okorocha.. My God.. Imo State is in deep s'hit!!

croj: 20. Renovation of Roundabouts to become like Monuments.
My goodness gracious.. Its worse than I thought.. Imo state is a hopeless state judging from the crap I'm seeing here.. Like are you for real?! This is part of his achievements?! Fhuck me!!

croj: 21. Reconstruction of the Government house environment. That place looks like london now, with beautiful gates installed.
Nna men.. Uwa wu pawpaw men, YOR!!

croj: 22. E-learning program launched in all the primary schools with computer classrooms built.
This one I have to see.. This is not the first, second or last time a government would launch such a scheme.. Please feel free to drop pictures...

croj: 23. Partnership with Actors guild of Nigeria to build a movie village at Oguta Blue Lake
No comment..

He did all these in just 1 year. Imagine what Imo will become in 4 years.[/quote]

In one year.. Rochas has done absolutely nothing of worth for Imo State.. If not that Aregbesola built a 15000watt dam with 300million Naira, I would have said rochas is the worst governor in Nigeria.. Now I have nothing but pity on Imo State residents..

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by digits: 10:46am On May 26, 2012
govt mimiko of ondo state is the best as far as i am concern, he badged BEST GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR FROM THE FEDERAL GOVT. OF NIGERIA.

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Clairette(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2012
naturalwaves: Clairette,I doubt if U're an educated fellow and if U are,U must be 'half baked' cos ur analysis and stupid 18m questns aren't different 4rm those of an illiterate. Simple logical analysis shuld tell U dat,d more d populatn,d more difficult it is 2 manage a state and d more money is needed but FG has turned deaf ears 2 d plight of Lagos wit a nonsence 4bill naira monthly allocation.There was even a tym FG refused 2 pay for months cos PDP kuldn't capture Lag yet Lagos survived. I served in d north and one major feature ova there is good roads cos wen a road is constructed,only few vehicles ply it. D amount of vehicles dat ply Lagos roads on a daily basis is more dan dose dat ply alot of oda states combined hence more fund is needed 2 build a gud 1 in order 2 reduce wear and tear and maintain d roads.Do u know d pop of govt workers dat'll need 2 be payed? Is it d same amnt of money dat U'll use 2 provide facilities 4 abt 10mill students dat U'll use 4 a lower no?It is not 2 much if Lagos gets 1/4 of FG's monthly allocation instead of d 4bill naira. Inspite of all these,Lagos state still stands tall among d best.Nobody told U dat Lagos state is giving a population excuse 4 lack of visionary leadership. Wen U talk abt visionary leadership,U talk abt BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA of Lagos state.Ok? I suggest U follow d thread and read earlier posts so we won't need 2 start typing allover again wat has been typed and 2 avoid stupid questions like d ones U asked.

I'll take it to be that u r not current wit governmental issues or that u argue like an 'educated' village teacher and that u r simply daft in logic. Or that u r a greedy, vision-less sadist(like ur 'rulers
' Poor u. I'll give u an assignment; go to Lagos n count all d tax payers-both individual payers, corporate organizations, industries etc. Once u r done take ur daft head to Akwa Ibom n put into account those entities I mentioned earlier. Do d analysis wit d money ur Lagos receives monthly n that which Akwa Ibom receive. Once u r done take ur educated legs n make moves to a political analyst or analysts. Thereafter, bring ur result to d table. By then we'll c how best we can advance ur academic achievements.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by tonymariao(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2012
megxo: well, amma giv it 2 IMO..... Rochas de try jor
mstcheew...
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by tonymariao(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2012
Anya ugo: @CROJ THATS WHY IMO PEOPLE WILL NEVER THINK IT TWICE IN SAYING A BIG FAT YES TO ANY SECOND TERM BID BY OWELE ANAYO ROCHAS OKOROCHA.{imo apga} {roch group} AM HAPPY TO BE FROM IMO STATE; where evil political party can never be allowed. OWELE apga in imo we know come 2015.
mstcheew...
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 1:45pm On May 26, 2012
Clairette:

I'll take it to be that u r not current wit governmental issues or that u argue like an 'educated' village teacher and that u r simply daft in logic. Or that u r a greedy, vision-less sadist(like ur 'rulers
' Poor u. I'll give u an assignment; go to Lagos n count all d tax payers-both individual payers, corporate organizations, industries etc. Once u r done take ur daft head to Akwa Ibom n put into account those entities I mentioned earlier. Do d analysis wit d money ur Lagos receives monthly n that which Akwa Ibom receive. Once u r done take ur educated legs n make moves to a political analyst or analysts. Thereafter, bring ur result to d table. By then we'll c how best we can advance ur academic achievements.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sunky644(m): 1:55pm On May 26, 2012
Abagworo:

Adebayo Adefarati was so liked in his time. But why couldn't he achieve a 2nd tenure.

@fadola2 I was at Ondo Government house. I noticed road constructions completed and ongoing but I lodged at a hotel on the outskirts . I wanted to suggest he's doing a good job but I was shouted down by ordinary people. People in Ondo believe Ondo is one of the richest States in Nigeria and deserve more than Mimiko is giving.
thanks my man for saying the truth. Fadola2 specifically mention it that he is benefitting immensely from him(mimiko), so wouldn't he sing his praises. I know what we get as allocation in d state so what Mimiko is giving is not up to what we derive and deserve.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sunky644(m): 2:03pm On May 26, 2012
digits: govt mimiko of ondo state is the best as far as i am concern, he badged BEST GOVERNOR OF THE YEAR FROM THE FEDERAL GOVT. OF NIGERIA.
Are u referring to the federal government that refused to produce a reliable PDP Gubernatorial aspirant in Ondo state so that their dog/machine will ve a landslide victory in the October elections OR Its the Newspaper best governor of the year award that we watch on OSRC for two weeks is what you are talking about?
He may ve done well from your own point of view, I am not disputing that but the orange coloured flashy structures and projects is not enough for him to be eligible for a second term.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by naturalwaves: 2:09pm On May 26, 2012
Clariette,now U've turned this into a joke and I cannot help but just laugh at ur response. D earlier U realise dat paying of Tax is a legitimate duty of citizens all over d world,d beta 4 u.It is not a fraud ok? Advance nations make use of such money in developing d states and their country as a whole and as U can see, Lagos is working.This is another reason why Lagos govt isn't a match 4 odas.He's scored a 1st wit rgads 2 dat wen oda governors avn't even started imagining such.If U ask me, I'll say that's visionary leadership.BRF(SAN) is in a class of his own.I hope I was able 2 ans ur 18m population questns as well.? Well, I'm sorry if my earlier post annoyed U.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sunky644(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2012
@Digits, for ur information, I am not a member of any political party. My issue with Dr Olusegun Mimiko is that;
* He was the UPN Youth leader in the days of Pa Ajasin, he betrayed him when he made his interest known that he will be going for second term and Mimiko pitched his tent with Akin Omoboriowo(then Ondo deputy governor) who defected to NPN to contest for the same governorship election.
* He was the Commissioner for Health under Chief Adebayo Adefarati(AD Governor) but resigned and defected to PDP cos late Adefarati said he was going for second term.
* He was made the SSG and later Minister for Housing during Dr Olusegun Agagu's tenure but also betrayed him too cos he said he was going for second term. Mimiko then went ahead to form the Labour Party and contested for the same governorship election which he won at the tribunal.
*** Please tell me what has suddenly made him a SAINT to now be a do or die ADVOCATE of what he has always DESPISED. Remember he couldn't ve served Ondo state the way Ajasin did and yet was not returned for the second term.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Clairette(f): 2:25pm On May 26, 2012
"Advanced nations make use of such money in developing d states and their country as a whole and.."

While lagos use theirs in feeding 18m people.

"as U can see, Lagos is working".

While Akwa Ibom is sleeping?
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Biggyd2: 4:44pm On May 26, 2012
qleap2all: the beautiful ones are not yet born.
what is development when pple are suffering .

lacasa:

Gbam!

No controversy

Yes o. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki's Sister, Gbemi Mocks Him In A Video. Says He's Currently Losing / Tinubu Speaks As Abba Kyari Takes Bill To Buhari In London / Buhari And Osinbajo Spotted On Their First Day In Office In Abuja(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.