Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? (61668 Views)

Five Top Fastest Developing States In Nigeria That Are Undisputable / Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Worst Governor And Slowest Developing States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Jerry2i(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2012
Akpabio,Akwa Ibom state

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by franklincn(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2012
IMHO, it has 2 be akwa-ibom, by miles,the development in that state is phenomenal. Do not think any other state governor comes close 2 akpabio. He is surely a model 2 future leaders

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by monkeyleg: 11:45am On May 25, 2012
Ah no Oh, Delta no dey carry last. Na Uduaghan be the best. He has managed to steal the state dry and still remain in power, so he must be doing something right smiley

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:45am On May 25, 2012
Ranking In Order of Achievements.
1> Gov Fashola of Lagos.
2> Gov Oshiomole of Edo.
3> Gov Rochas Okorocha of Imo.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by AnotherOkija: 11:47am On May 25, 2012
franklincn: IMHO, it has 2 be akwa-ibom, by miles,the development in that state is phenomenal. Do not think any other state governor comes close 2 akpabio. He is surely a model 2 future leaders

I cant even argue with Apkabio!!

But Rivers State is either at Par or a close second!!

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by princeFAD: 11:49am On May 25, 2012
Guys,it seems all of you forget about Mimiko,governor of Ondo state.This has been receiving several awards as the best governor in Nigeria.From WHO,Thisday,BEN ,to mention a few.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 25, 2012
If we must measure development in these states I think we should look beyond the state capitals. The people living in the villages and surburbs of the states are also citizens who should have equal rights to development and welfare. Let us ask ourselves, how many of the villages in the state have portable water that they dont longer fetch from the streams due to the intervention of the present governor? How many schools in the villages have their standard raised to that of their counterparts in the capital (after all, they all have equal rights to education)? what has been done to raise the quality of life in the local area in terms of job creation so as to prevent rural-urban migration?

If most of these questions have been answered in a state, then give it to that state and its governor. The capital alone does not make up the state!
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by jmaine: 11:56am On May 25, 2012
Wow . .How i wish this Akpabio vs Rochas Vs Amaechi Vs Fashola Vs Chime comparison will include more names and also covering all the Geo-political regions wink. . . . . .
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by freshside: 12:02pm On May 25, 2012
any body that call rivers is not residing in rivers state and as such does not know wht is happening in rivers state most of amaechi projects especially roads are substandard Akwa ibom is the best go there and see the quality of wrks going on there

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by lacasa: 12:04pm On May 25, 2012
qleap2all: the beautiful ones are not yet born.
what is development when pple are suffering .

Gbam!

No controversy
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by akpanbaba: 12:05pm On May 25, 2012
For best governor in noise making,killing of opposition and fastest developing state in terms of political killings,kidnappings and waste i give it to Akapabio.But as for developments that touch lives taking into consideration the population and available resources i will give it to Fashola.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sale1: 12:07pm On May 25, 2012
all of una were mention AKWA ibom for dier una dey draz for dier, shey don go dere b4 abi na 4 paper u dey read am.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by okparadamian(f): 12:12pm On May 25, 2012
embarassedRochas is d best,period

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by lacasa: 12:13pm On May 25, 2012
Besides, all i've seen here except a few are igbo states being D̶̲̥̅̊ most developed.

Aπϑ, if thats the case, Ɣ do igbos leave their states for other distant states if tђεя̩̥̊ε's all dis. Development Aπϑ them no dey like go village Even @ xmas igbos open shop where i am, i hail igbos sha!

They migrate like a plague is chasing them, n tђεя̩̥̊ε is no lungu U̶̲̥̅̊ won't find an igbo man even in difficult places like Maiduguri
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by brabus(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2012
scribble: South South has to be Akpabio. I hear he subsidizes movie tickets for indigenes in the state when they visit the Silverbird built with State Funds.
It costs as little as #250 to watch Avengers. Apparently its not difficult to please an Akwa Ibomite

As for Rivers, I hear Amaechi used #9 billion to buy a private jet, so I'm sure he is using it to fly investors in and out and not prostitutes.

Okorochas dey try well well.

Everyone omitted Fashola, showing he is in a league of his own

It is Fashola and the rest. You can only compare his achievements with that of the FG.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nonybb: 12:20pm On May 25, 2012
chino11: Peter Obi is tha bomb, bringing multi-nationals (Sabmiller and LG Electronics Plant to Anambra to revolutionize the economy of Anambra, which ranks 3rd after Lagos and Rivers. Creating enabling environment and needed infrastructure for pharmaceuticial giants Juhel, Emzor, Orange drugs that has already set their plants in the state and thereby creating the much needed employment.
ur a disgrace here, c'mon get out ewu hausa. Anu npama
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Areosapien(f): 12:31pm On May 25, 2012
@chino11 lmfao! why not equally include "Anam City" as another project of Peter Obi since you're that desperate to the point of listing private developments as the gov'nor's own?
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by inene: 12:32pm On May 25, 2012
ALL HAVE FAILED AND FALLEN SHORT TO BE CALLED SUCCESS USING ALL THE KNOWN INDICES OF DEVELOPMENT. WHAT WE HAVE ARE GOVERNORS WHO BLOW THEIR TRUMPHETS BUT WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO IT THEY HAVE DONEE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE LIKES OF THE FATHERS OF THE NATION LIKE AWOLOWO OR MICHAEL OKPARA. LET ME PLACE ON RECORD FOR THE SAKE OF POSTERITY THAT NO GOVERNOR HAVE DONE ANYTHING NEAR WHAT AWO DID AS PREMIER OF THE WEST WITH LIMITED FINANCIAL BASE. WHAT WE HAVE PRODUCED SINCE THEN ARE POOR MEN WHO ENRICH THEMSELVES WITH MONEY BELONGING TO THE PEOPLE. I WOULD HAVE MENTIONED FASHOLA BUT WHEN YOU CONSIDER THE INCOME THAT COMES INTO LAGOS YOU WILL REALIZE THAT FASHOLA LIKE OTHERS IS A FAILURE. THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA AS STATED BY CHINUA ACHEBE IS THAT OF LEADERSHIP. UNTIL WE FIND A LEADER WHO IS WILLING TO SACRIFICE HIMSELF FOR THE NATION NOTHING WILL HAPPEN BY WAY OF DEVELOPMENT. I SAY NO MORE FOR NOW

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2012
I won't use human development to rank our governors because they have failed in that regard but based on infrastructural development I'll give it to:

Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state: This guy has not left anyone in doubt that he's serious about making Akwa Ibom the model state in Nigeria. He has made the state to be able to compete with Abuja, infrastructure wie. No state can boast of that.

Sullivan Chime of Enugu state: This guy is not a noise-maker despite the giant strides that he's formulated in the coal-city state. He has been able to bring back what the state was known for and has also attracted outside investments thereby making Enugu a mix between Calabar and Lagos.

Chibuike Amaechi of River state: Considering the fact that he took over in a state that was weeping for development as previous state governors had gang-rapes the state to a paulp, Amaechi has succeeded in taking the state to a pedestal where it has become a reference point for other state governors.

Babatunde Fashola: where many people will give him pass mark for, is, bringing sanity to Lagos state. People thought Lagos could not be governed properly considering the nature of the state with a population that has pushed the state to it's limits but Fashola has proven that where there's a will there's a will.

Let me kindly add some fringe Governors that we should watch out for. They are Rochas Okorocha of Imo state, Oshiomole of Edo state etc.

2 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by bittyend(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2012
Fashola

The rest.........
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by daviesmania(m): 12:55pm On May 25, 2012
Shut-de-f.uck all ya muda4uckers and support a working Governor in the person of Godswil Obot Akpabio & a moving state. Akwa Ibom State. Mme idaad!

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 12:58pm On May 25, 2012
sa-le:
all of una were mention AKWA ibom for dier una dey draz for dier, shey don go dere b4 abi na 4 paper u dey read am.
if you have ever been there of recent, why not say how it is or what you saw on ground- Rather than just curse in public.

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by akpanbaba: 12:59pm On May 25, 2012
Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sa-le:
all of una were mention AKWA ibom for dier una dey draz for dier, shey don go dere b4 abi na 4 paper u dey read am

Sa-le,
Your comment is relevant.Iam very sure a lot of posters have not been to Akwa Ibom state.All they do is to listen to the garulous governor when he appears on Television to deceive people.Development cannot take place in the atmosphere of insecurity which we know Akpabio created in Akwa Ibom.As i am writing, the Akwa ibomites are counting their losses in terms of those who were killed for daring to contest election in the state.This explains why the governor and his boys burnt the vehicles just to blame it on the person who had the political muscle to beat him during election.Remember the governor was the first person to level the charge of treason on his opponent.The fact remains that the former Governor Attah planned and changed the state long time ago but the state only needed a noise maker to project what Attah did and the parrot called Akpabio arrived.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Artlove(m): 1:03pm On May 25, 2012
See dis mumu nigeria people, there is nothing like that in nigeria.
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 25, 2012
Hello! Rivers State is the only State in Nigeria that generates more power than required. The problem is distribution which is not in the hands of the State Government. Rochas has hurriedly tarred roads ahich their quality is suspect to me. The roads in Rivers State take minimum of two years to complete and their quality is clear except of course NTA-Choba road. Amaechi's Government has already reconstructed most Primary schools and health centres in Rivers State.
Look at what this fool posted?!!!!!!

@Abagworo(m): Really u are beyond stupid! i am sure its only in that zoo of a planet that u live on that roads take 2 years to re surface, or construct. trully its now i understand why your child looks like your landlord and yet u are happy!! slowpoke!!!

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by jason123: 1:06pm On May 25, 2012
Everybody dey fear mention Fashola grin grin grin

Standards are indeed different! cheesy
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Myself2(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2012
akpanbaba: [s]Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by sa-le:
all of una were mention AKWA ibom for dier una dey draz for dier, shey don go dere b4 abi na 4 paper u dey read am

Sa-le,
Your comment is relevant.Iam very sure a lot of posters have not been to Akwa Ibom state.All they do is to listen to the garulous governor when he appears on Television to deceive people.Development cannot take place in the atmosphere of insecurity which we know Akpabio created in Akwa Ibom.As i am writing, the Akwa ibomites are counting their losses in terms of those who were killed for daring to contest election in the state.This explains why the governor and his boys burnt the vehicles just to blame it on the person who had the political muscle to beat him during election.Remember the governor was the first person to level the charge of treason on his opponent.The fact remains that the former Governor Attah planned and changed the state long time ago but the state only needed a noise maker to project what Attah did and the parrot called Akpabio arrived[/s].

Obviously a disgruntled follower of Akpan Udoedeghe grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by Myself2(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2012
brabus:

It is Fashola and the rest. You can only compare his achievements with that of the FG.

Please endeavour to travel out of Lagos sometime

3 Likes

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by jason123: 1:09pm On May 25, 2012
^^^

Is his statement wrong??!

I shall repeat it, "FASHOLA AND THE REST!"
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by lookmangiw(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2012
fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola fashola
Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by jason123: 1:11pm On May 25, 2012
. . . and Yes, his achievements can only be compared to that of the FG! (but to be honest, the FG, GEJ in particular, has helped Lagos)

1 Like

Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by wengerjay(m): 1:11pm On May 25, 2012
Fashola ke,he does nt have feelings for the masses.He collects money frm the masses and uses it to btter the life of the rich.He is trying to seperate masses from the rich by starting to build a new lagos in lekki,vcg and so on.The various hospital are being patronized mainly by the masses,the hospitals are shut now.People die everyday in their hundreds,fashola flew his father or father-in-law abroad to seek medical attention.Development is nt only abt physical structures,dying masses may nt live to see these structures.When it comes to performance in terms of physical,social and psycological developments,pls visit ONDO state.The Governor touches the lives of the masses.I pray these pple praising fashola dont get sick,i am nt talking abt malaria or typhoid o.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sasa Clashes: Hausa Settlers Leaving Oyo State (Video) / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat / #RiversRerun: Betty Apiafi Emerges Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.