Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71520 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
^^^And what's your own eehhnn?? Don't you know kiss is part of our logo?? Anyway you could never understand tongue.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2009
GILLETT BLAMES RAFA FOR LIVERPOOL'S FAILINGS.

The American insists he and partner Tom Hicks have invested more money than any of their competitors in recent years.

“In the last 18 months, we have invested £128 million on top of what has come in. That means it should be getting better,” Gillett said.
Now if it’s not getting better, it’s not Gillett and Hicks, it’s the manager, it’s the scouting. You have to make sure you balance out your analysis.
There was plenty of money, so if you have any complaints, take a look at the ins and outs
.”

Gillett made the comments in an ad hoc interview with a representative of the fans’ union Spirit of Shankly at Liverpool’s Kirkby academy prior to the Premier League match with Hull last week.
During the conversation, the Colorado-based businessman, who was showing the Saudi prince Faisal al-Fahad bin Abdullah bin Saud around the facility, denied declaring in the aftermath of his takeover of the club that work would begin on a new stadium in Stanley Park “in 60 days,” suggesting Hicks was responsible for the statement.

“I have never talked about that,” he claimed. “Hicks was the one who said 60 days. In that period of time, the world’s credit market collapsed and he ended up with big egg on his face. I do not talk about absolute dates when we are talking about credit markets.”
Footage of the press conference held after the Americans’ 2007 takeover of the club, however, shows Gillett insisting “the shovel needs to be in the ground in the next 60 days or so, and we expect to follow that”.

Of more immediate concern to the club’s supporters, though, is Gillett’s insistence that “the £30 million [from the sale of Xabi Alonso] went straight back in” to Benítez’s coffers, as well as “£22-23 million as part of our budgets”.
Gillett’s statement that Benítez is to blame belies the fragile peace between boardroom and boot room at Anfield. Benítez has been noticeably coy on the subject of the club’s owners this season after two years of almost constant conflict, but relations remain strained, particularly on the subject of transfer budgets.

Gillett insists the £20 million average spend predicated in investment documents leaked last month is “an estimate, not a cap” and is adamant “we spent more than the £20 million in the off season,” denying that he and Hicks “took any money out to pay down debt”.
Yet Benítez, who made a late £12 million offer for Gareth Barry in early June as he opened negotiations for the £18 million purchase of Glen Johnson and privately examined the possibility of signing David Silva, the Valencia midfielder, two months later failed to find the funds to sign Michael Turner, then with Hull, for £12 million.

Such turmoil was said to be the result of Hicks and Gillett’s refinancing of the £350 million loan with RBS and Wachovia used to buy the club, although the latter insists “the club has the lowest debt to each dollar of earnings of any major club in the sport”.
“The club is in extraordinarily good financial condition. Far better than Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal.

We have invested massively, we have put more money in than anyone other than Manchester City, with the craziness they have got,” Gillett said.
Gillett insisted the “debt on Liverpool is very sound” and denied suggestions the club would struggle to meet interest payments without Champions League football. “The budgets are done very conservatively,” he said.
“They are based on a very limited success in the Champions League. Even without that, we have enough cash flow to pay the minimum interest and give Rafa what he needs to make us competitive.”
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by kaypumpin2(m): 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
Benitez wants it the City way.Endless spree. . . grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 12:44am On Oct 07, 2009
maedan:

^^^And what's your own eehhnn?? Don't you know  kiss is part of our logo?? Anyway you could never understand tongue.

Part of the red logo? hmmm, now I understand why StevieG has looked like a Sissy on the pitch and why most of your players have seemed distracted this season. They are all thinkin of virtual kisses.
Rafa had better sentence them all to an abstinence period until they start performing on the pitch.

@Sauron
Blame game don start be dat? have the odds for Rafa's removal suddenly gone sky high? that Gillette guy no dey pull punches at all, him talk say Man shitty get craze. grin grin
Human beings sha, when im just come dey spend money nobody complain o, now all of them dey complain say city dey spend.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 1:45am On Oct 09, 2009

Sorry guys but I had to do this
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 1:55am On Oct 09, 2009
Liverpool Rocks kiss kiss kiss tongue.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2009
maedan:

Liverpool Rocks kiss kiss kiss tongue.
True talk baby,true talk

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss [/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2009
^^ more like Liverpool is crocked. grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:53am On Oct 11, 2009
duduspace:

^^ more like Liverpool is crocked. grin grin
dudu u neva declare where u belong o !
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 1:18pm On Oct 11, 2009
@ill2, the question is, who cares?!??
Lol, sing it with me illie cheesy cheesy----"Nothing you can say can tear me away from my club, my club grin grin. . . ."
kiss kiss cheesy

**ynwa**
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2009
^^ No worry, if nothing I say can do it but I'm sure Administration and relegation can tear you away from your club.  grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 3:21pm On Oct 13, 2009
Lol @ duduspace.
Not even that!
You might as well give up and wish us well instead of DJ'ing that ur broken record
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
maedan:

Lol @ duduspace.
Not even that!
You might as well give up and wish us well instead of DJ'ing that your broken record
LWKMD grin grin grin . . . . . No mind am
[center]
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE kiss kiss kiss
[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
maedan:

Lol @ duduspace.
Not even that!
You might as well give up and wish us well instead of DJ'ing that your broken record

The only broken record here is "You'll never walk alone". You've been walking alone since Gillete and Hicks drove you into debts with their takeover.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2009
Good times may be very near!

F6 Confirm Talks To Buy Stake In Liverpool Almost Concluded - Report
The Saudi Prince appears to be on the verge of owning a stake in the Anfield giants,
Oct 14, 2009 3:50:45 PM

Liverpool co-owner George Gillett's recent trip to Saudi Arabia seems to have borne fruit, with investment company F6 stating that negotiations to buy a stake in the club are almost concluded.

Prince Faisal bin Fahad bin Abdullah Al-Saud heads F6, and there has been much reported contact between the Prince and Gillett in recent weeks.

This has led to much rumour and speculation that Gillett was poised to sell a stake in the Anfield outfit to the Prince, though both parties had claimed that the discussions taking place between the two men were largely related to the establishment of youth academies in the Middle East.

However, Sky Sports News is now reporting that F6 have released the following statement: "Our negotiations to buy shares in Liverpool are ongoing. Meetings are taking place and we might be in the final stages in the coming days."

Zack Wilson, Goal.com UK

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/10/14/1560740/f6-confirm-talks-to-buy-stake-in-liverpool-almost-concluded#
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2009
^^^ beware of free lunches, remember Newcastle?

@maedan
I feel for you, instead of walking alone why not come and proudly walk with me as a gunner? instead of hawking yourself along with Liverfool to look for Oil rich benefactors?  grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 2:09am On Oct 15, 2009
@duduspace
thanks for the offer but no thanks. Better to eat tripe in a place of happiness than to eat chicken peri peri in a place of strife. I never knew you were a goner. No wonder. Go in peace, ok, lol

Going. . .going. . .Goooooone tongue grin.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 2:45am On Oct 15, 2009
maedan:

@duduspace
thanks for the offer but no thanks. Better to eat tripe in a place of happiness than to eat chicken peri peri in a place of strife. I never knew you were a goner. No wonder. Go in peace, ok, lol

Going. . .going. . .Goooooone tongue grin.

Alright I hear yu, we Gunners always do our stuff with class and play sexy football. My offer remains till when you get tired of masquerading as a rich sheikh's plaything.  grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 3:36am On Oct 15, 2009
Hmm'n, @duduspace, I hope we're still talking about football here undecided??

I hope you spend even half of all this effort on your own thread of goners cheesy tongue. But then we all know where the fun's at wink. Keep repping with us in your own way - cos u know we keep it live in liverpool---- cool
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hmmm, no wonder yu believe so much in your team. You haven't been to other's forums, come let me take you to a whole new world and sing with me " I can show you the world, shining, shimering ,splendid Arsenal"
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
Wetin happen for this thread? dem no get anything to write about abi? come over to where things are rockin. tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by A40(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2009
I heard Gerrard and Torres are injured for the Sunderland game if thats the case maybe y'all should plead with the F.A to postpone the match abi who go strike? N'gog? Voronin?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 10:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
duduspace:

Wetin happen for this thread? dem no get anything to write about abi? come over to where things are rockin. tongue
Dudu, ma je kin fo ori e o ! ki lo de?

A-40:

I heard Gerrard and Torres are injured for the Sunderland game if thats the case maybe y'all should plead with the F.A to postpone the match abi who go strike? N'gog? Voronin?
Ol'boy leave dat side. . .we will win Sunderland & you'll be here to congratulate us. Liverpool is the most successful clubside in English football history. .we're not Wigan or Spurs ,okay. Just watch this space tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 1:32am On Oct 17, 2009
@illusion

Make una give us analysis of the coming fixtures now, abi becos Stevie G and Nandos don down tools una don lose hope already?

Anyway, se una don dey prepare for the soccer lesson from our young guns?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:21pm On Oct 20, 2009
Go Reds GO!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2009
Yes o !
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2009
@Maedan

Weep not for Liverfluke just come over to the fantastic, emphatic, unbeatable, reliable, unbelievable, dashing, smashing, gushing, original, subliminal e.t.c. Arsenal.
You can see that this thread has gone dry already, it is so empty you can hear a virtual pin drop.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by MrCrackles(m): 12:03am On Oct 21, 2009
Crisis hit Liverpudians!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 12:46am On Oct 21, 2009
@duduspace
I can see you're addicted to our flava cheesy. Well I always look in but my silence doesn't mean disinterest. I look out for my own team, hope you can say the same instead of hounding us here grin.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by slimshay(m): 7:27am On Oct 21, 2009
duduspace:

@Maedan
Weep not for Liverfluke just come over to the fantastic, emphatic, unbeatable, reliable, unbelievable, dashing, smashing, gushing, original, subliminal e.t.c. Arsenal.
You can see that this thread has gone dry already, it is so empty you can hear a virtual pin drop.

Chei, Dudu tell em man!!! They about to meet awon t'agbamole, awon omo alaileko of Arsene Wenger, the disrespecters of everybody cool cool cool. This is sad, real sad. grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by HNIC(m): 1:02pm On Oct 21, 2009
Captain fantasic in a frustrated mood

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by presido1: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
I hear say "Mr Fact" bought 76 players sold 68 since he come to liverpool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.