Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71392 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by debosky(m): 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^

I'm not saying you should be at that point, but be realistic. . .all you need is a couple of wins and you can be competing for European places. Spurs started out low and ended up in the CL spot last season, so why not Liverpool?

Have some belief man!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by duduspace(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
debosky:

^^

I'm not saying you should be at that point, but be realistic. . .all you need is a couple of wins and you can be competing for European places. Spurs started out low and ended up in the CL spot last season, so why not Liverpool?

Have some belief man!!

Prophet, heal thyself. tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by debosky(m): 2:41pm On Oct 26, 2010
**Rolls eyes** tongue
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by maedan(f): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
duduspace:

This is why I {sometimes} like you tongue. OK don't get any ideas angry grin.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
duduspace:

Its hard to have any belief when you are an Arsenal fan, Half a decade trophyless, A century without a CL trophy with a manager who has spend 3 decades coaching without a European trophy of any colouris a hard pill to swallow. Unless you want to be unrealistic and delusional
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2010
debosky:

^^ Do you expect him to say 'Rijkaard come get my job, I don't want it'?  

A coach needs to want his job and have the passion to defend it. I'm not too sure you can blame him for what is happening on the pitch. . . .the slide started long before he joined.

Besides, the league table is deceptive. . . .a single win can take Liverpool to 10th so being in the relegation spots is not really as bad as it sounds.

Rijkaard has not been formally linked to the job. His agent denied he was considering Liverpool. So why did Roy get mad because of mere speculations. Apart from that, the guy talks carelessly. With Rafa, u never knew. He wasn't the one to tell everything and that's why the press hated him.

I don't buy all that ''the problem started before his tenure" if he was wise enough, he would continued the good things Rafa left and try to improve whatever Rafa did not get right. But the man just destroyed the team further with his crazy signings and tactics. So he should get the blame, after all the team Rafa left was good enough to be in the top four at least.

illusion2:

We shouldn't be at that point my friend. .  .don't console us.
The Hogson guy dey fear,but I still stand by my Christmas 'line in the sand' .

we have just 2 wins in our many games?we should expect our next win in the next 6 games then. Or do you think we'll beat Chelsea or Bolton.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by debosky(m): 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
bgees:

I don't buy all that ''the problem started before his tenure" if he was wise enough, he would continued the good things Rafa left and try to improve whatever Rafa did not get right. But the man just destroyed the team further with his crazy signings and tactics. So he should get the blame, after all the team Rafa left was good enough to be in the top four at least.

Who are the 'crazy' signings?

Mereiles is not a crazy signing, he is a quality player. . . only if the others around him would click. Konchesky is an odd one I agree, but he's performed decently for the side, and he couldn't afford any better.

Poulson played well before his injury and you can't call an experienced player like that a 'crazy' signing.

It takes time for a coach's methods and tactics to bed in. . . give him a break.

If they were that good, why did the team finish 7th last season? Teams around you are improving - if you don't, then you are effectively going backwards.

The other factor most people have ignored is that Liverpool has played the toughest opening fixtures of any of the top teams - facing Arsenal, Citeh, Utd, Arsenal and Everton in their first 8 games.

If not for an error, you'd have beaten Arsenal with 10 men. . . .if not for the sheer brilliance of Berba, you'd have taken a point from OT, so things haven't been quite as bad as you think.

we have just 2 wins in our many games?we should expect our next win in the next 6 games then. Or do you think we'll beat Chelsea or Bolton.

You'd be surprised. . . .things can change quickly in football.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2010
debosky:

Who are the 'crazy' signings?

Mereiles is not a crazy signing, he is a quality player. . . only if the others around him would click. Konchesky is an odd one I agree, but he's performed decently for the side, and he couldn't afford any better.

Poulson played well before his injury and you can't call an experienced player like that a 'crazy' signing.

It takes time for a coach's methods and tactics to bed in. . . give him a break.

If they were that good, why did the team finish 7th last season? Teams around you are improving - if you don't, then you are effectively going backwards.

The other factor most people have ignored is that Liverpool has played the toughest opening fixtures of any of the top teams - facing Arsenal, Citeh, Utd, Arsenal and Everton in their first 8 games.

If not for an error, you'd have beaten Arsenal with 10 men. . . .if not for the sheer brilliance of Berba, you'd have taken a point from OT, so things haven't been quite as bad as you think.

You'd be surprised. . . .things can change quickly in football

I like the feelings and spirit you have for the club.Evn the fans have lost hope in the team.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chuckdee4(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ debosky
They haven't been too bad against the big teams, like u said an error caused them against Arsenal, but how do u explain lossing to Blackpool @ home, i'm fond of Liverpool but u can't be lossing games of that nature
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
There is an unanimous decision on Roy Hodgson, everyone agrees he is the wrong man for the job. A few of us knew from the start it would come to this but many thought otherwise.

it is just the xenophobic English press and some equally conservative English liverpool fans that still think he can succeed.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2010
Our confidence level is really low, May God help us.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by yousouph(m): 5:53am On Nov 01, 2010
An arsenal fan giving the Liverpudians HOPE. VERY NICE. 12th position alleviates the pressure of being in relegation zone. Now lets see a victory over Chelsea kiss
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by FBS: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2010
For where? Count not on that. cheesy
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
[center][size=28pt]YOU'LL NEVE WALK ALONE BOYS ![/size][/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2010
The earlier Roy vacates the post the better.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:37pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
ynwa
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
ynwa
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa\
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2010
ynwa
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by mukina2: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2010
abeg una go take benitez back jor angry

he still has some of the l[i]iverpool luck[/i] in him angry grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 9:58am On Nov 03, 2010
Lets hope for the best tomorrow. cheesy
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2010
mukina2:

abeg una go take benitez back jor angry

he still has some of the l[i]iverpool luck[/i] in him angry grin
That one that is causing another havoc in inter now grin cheesy
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^ Benitez still won a trophy more recently than wenGAY.

Imagine the coach of your club hasnt won a European trophy in almost 30yrs of coaching, Benitez has won 2 in a shorter time frame.

GAYYners are shameless sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.