Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe (6700 Views)

African Development Bank Presidency: 5 Serving Ministers, 3 Others Contest / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency / World Bank Presidency: Obama Rejects Iweala Nominates Jim Yong Kim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by opokonwa(m): 11:55am On May 25, 2012
Areosapien:

are you a m.o.r.o.n?

grin
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by zeembab(m): 11:59am On May 25, 2012
We urgently need a IT project manager with at least 6 years experience with
Microsoft Dot Net Technology for immediate employement for our South Africa Subsidiary.
Please send your resume to ademola@ymail.com
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by kiyosaki1(m): 12:00pm On May 25, 2012
LeoMax: Sometimes I wonder why am here in Nairaland.com, so many morons here can ruin my sense of objectivity. Who was most qualified, a medic or a Professor of Economics with 25yrs experience in the world body.
your statement just said it all you are lost try and rediscovered yourself then you will make sense to yourself and the larger community ad a whole.you seriously need tutorial on self awakening
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Afam4eva(m): 12:04pm On May 25, 2012
Even though Mugabe has his own faults, I think many African leaders need to emulate his stance on world affairs. We have to start looking inwards. Some people have said that it makes sense for the US to protect their interest by appointing an American into the position since they run the world bank. Why don't they just change the name from "world bank" to "US bank" so that African and thrid world countries can withdraw from being members of such chauvinistic instition and focus on their various regional banks.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by optimistD(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2012
Timileyin: does she deserve it, that selfish characterless woman. The white man will be more useful

why did you say this? Can you please prove it? Thanks.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by optimistD(m): 12:15pm On May 25, 2012
mr_natural: Mugabe should shut up and go and sit down. Imagine Mugabe talking bout selfishness.

if d content is useful, lets nt reject it becaus of d container.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by opokonwa(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2012
afam4eva: Even though Mugabe has his own faults, I think many African leaders need to emulate his stance on world affairs. We have to[b] start looking inwards[/b]. Some people have said that it makes sense for the US to protect their interest by appointing an American into the position since they run the world bank. Why don't they just change the name from "world bank" to "US bank" so that African and thrid world countries can withdraw from being members of such chauvinistic instition and focus on their various regional banks.

They cannot change the name from "World Bank" to "US Bank" because they are not that dumb. They are smart.
U don't catch a bird by scaring it. World Bank and IMF investors make more money from Developing Economies than they put in.
It is a profit Going-Concern for its investors.

I have said it before, NOI's challenge is brilliant and something positive to launder Nigeria's perennial negative image.

But beyond that, no more. Africans should get real. Would you leave your investments in the hands of one of your servants when your son is available? Even if that son is less competent, you will surround him with competent people.

And of course, Africa has its ADB to look inwards at. But trust me, they won't, rather they may dwell on bad-mouthing like Mugabe.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by canuck(m): 12:56pm On May 25, 2012
Great-Great-Grand-Father Mugabe just woke up from a loooong snooze cheesy

Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by laykay24: 1:03pm On May 25, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Elose11: I don't think the West were selfish. They were been very nationalistic. They are protecting their interest. They can't trust a Nigerian to protect those interest, inspite of the fact that she has always been their tool all these years.
U dnt tink they re selfish,they re protecting their interest.
Dnt u tink those statements are contradictin?
My bro,as far its not d world's interest it is pure selfishness.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 25, 2012
LeoMax: Sometimes I wonder why am here in Nairaland.com, so many morons here can ruin my sense of objectivity. Who was most qualified, a medic or a Professor of Economics with 25yrs experience in the world body.

I may not be an iweala fan but I have to admit that there is no fair play when it comes to whites vs blacks.The super powers think they can dictate without any challenge from Africa while those Africans that have fought for a powerful Africa are silenced.Ghadaffi and Mugabe have done more for Africa than the democratically elected thieves we parade as presidents.
For how long do we continue to be puppets to the whites ? We dont need to kiss asss before we get a voice.we have the resources and we should dictate to the whites !

1 Like

Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by sfiea: 1:12pm On May 25, 2012
Its not about being selfish, the west are no fools, they have good info and know the truth about each and every of our "lying and thieving leaders". I wish there was another African alternative who is credible with her type of qualification*. I strongly believe it was her role in the oil subsidy saga that happen around that period that cost her that position, she lost her character/integrity and all, with all the revelation and information on the oil subsidy, such a lying personality can not rep the world, it's as simple as that.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 25, 2012
sfi_ea: Its not about being selfish, the west are no fools, they have good info and know the truth about each and every of our "lying and thieving leaders". I wish there was another African alternative who is credible with her type of qualification*. I strongly believe it was her role in the oil subsidy saga that happen around that period that cost her that position, she lost her character/integrity and all, with all the revelation and information on the oil subsidy, such a lying personality can not rep the world, it's as simple as that.

Update yourself buddy. . . .Subsidy removal was a worldbank/IMF induced policy across Africa and Asia while austerity was enforced on europe.So what role are you talking about ?

1 Like

Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by 12345DKO(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2012
It's not a mata of how long but how well. How well did she fair wen she was finance minister during OBJ's regime and how will u score her now in dis current dispensation as finance minister? Let's say d truth and put sentiments aside, dis is a woman who has not bin able 2 improve d economy of 150million pple over 2 attempts and u want dis same woman 2 go oversee d economy of over 6billion pple, she will only succeed in ruining d world's economy as She, OBJ & GEJ are doing to Nigeria's economy.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by optimistD(m): 1:44pm On May 25, 2012
ebamma: mugabe of all people running his mouth again,for a man who pursued white farmers and industrialists from his country and handed their businesses to blacks,he shouldn't expect the whites to be so good hearted,and why is iweala crying over split milk,abi the millions were she dey chop monthly for naija here neva do am?,she wan go embezzle dollars 4 world bank abi.
be reasonable. She's nt crying and I dnt think nominated herself. So stop insulting her becaus u migt never get to her level. Embeslement my foot
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by pustance: 1:50pm On May 25, 2012
Pls lets not decieve ourselves, wats so important in She becoming d president, hw hs she affected our economy as Nigerians, afterall she was a minister under Obasanjo. Pls lets nt b decieved, U cant manage wat u dont ve. Hw much contribution does Nigeria contribute 2 d World bank. D west has d bulk of the money in World bank nd therefore should manage it themselves.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by virgo(f): 1:51pm On May 25, 2012
Mugabe might not have the moral right to accuse the West of selfishness as regards NOI's loss of the World Bank's seat but I dare say he is right. But like someone here rightly points out, there is an unwritten law of succession in IMF and the World Bank with the former being exclusive to the control of Europe and the latter, nothing more than an American run business. I think Africans need to wake up. You may be a Harvard trained economist or a world bank official with 25 years worth of experience as a notch on your belt, but when it comes to power, you will always be a convenient tool to be used and dumped. Echoing another person on this thread, Africans need to unite and concentrate on making the ADB a formidable institution, period.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by optimistD(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2012
sfi_ea: Its not about being selfish, the west are no fools, they have good info and know the truth about each and every of our "lying and thieving leaders". I wish there was another African alternative who is credible with her type of qualification*. I strongly believe it was her role in the oil subsidy saga that happen around that period that cost her that position, she lost her character/integrity and all, with all the revelation and information on the oil subsidy, such a lying personality can not rep the world, it's as simple as that.
How then was she nomited if u blve,in ur scope of reasoning, that she's lost her integrity/character?
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Bright2(m): 2:05pm On May 25, 2012
The truth is always bitter & i think Robert Mugabe has said it! How i wish Ghadaffi were to be alive today it would have been more interesting because he adviced Africa to introduce Africa monetry fund(AMF) and leave IMF alone,that Africa can fund AMF.Today,the negative effect of not believing in our own is before us.Thank you Mugabe for not dieing in silent.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by rapu4real: 2:06pm On May 25, 2012
Blacks will always remain fools because we never seem 2 read d writtings on d wall.Mugabe though selfish as d world bank and Imf,is protecting d existence of his country.d whites still remain and will always remain wiser than d blacks because they av succeeded in making all blacks inferior 2 dem....
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by sfiea: 2:13pm On May 25, 2012
Anybody could be nominated based on criteria and left to be voted for by choice.

Mind you, her nomination was months before the subsidy and it wasn't the subsidy per se but her ugly utterances defending the fake subsidy (ruse), cooking up of fake info/docs, using lies to cover up lies made it worse.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2012

True, NOI is more qualified than KIM for the world bank job, both in relevant qualification & experience...but then, let's not forget that she IS d finance minister & co-ordinating minister of a nation eaten deep by corruption. In other words, she cannot be entirely innocent of the cascade of allegations rocking GEJ's cabinet.

I may be wrong, but my take on dis is: if she had preferred the world bank job, she should have resigned. That would've probably given her more credibility to amass more votes.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 25, 2012
rapu4real: Blacks will always remain fools because we never seem 2 read d writtings on d wall.Mugabe though selfish as d world bank and Imf,is protecting d existence of his country.d whites still remain and will always remain wiser than d blacks because they av succeeded in making all blacks inferior 2 dem....

You lack wisdom. Pray to God for wisdom.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 25, 2012
virgo: Mugabe might not have the moral right to accuse the West of selfishness as regards NOI's loss of the World Bank's seat but I dare say he is right. But like someone here rightly points out, there is an unwritten law of succession in IMF and the World Bank with the former being exclusive to the control of Europe and the latter, nothing more than an American run business. I think Africans need to wake up. You may be a Harvard trained economist or a world bank official with 25 years worth of experience as a notch on your belt, but when it comes to power, you will always be a convenient tool to be used and dumped. Echoing another person on this thread, Africans need to unite and concentrate on making the ADB a formidable institution, period.

word.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 25, 2012
sfi_ea: Anybody could be nominated based on criteria and left to be voted for by choice.

Mind you, her nomination was months before the subsidy and it wasn't the subsidy per se but her ugly utterances defending the fake subsidy (ruse), cooking up of fake info/docs, using lies to cover up lies made it worse.

It has nothing to do with all these.Simple fact is = world bank belongs to US,while Imf belongs to Europe and nothing can change that settings ! The worse American would have still got the job in preference to Iweala simply because she's from Africa.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 25, 2012
Everybody is talking, mugabe sef is talking.

The irony of it. cheesy
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by maasoap(m): 3:06pm On May 25, 2012
No, Mr Mugabe. World Bank needs somebody who has the interest of common man at heart who doesn't necessarily need to be an economist. Okonjo Iweala can't help developing world with her anti-peoples' policies. If the yardstick is to nominate a very sound economist, I'm sure USA have them in large number. The only reason I wanted her to be picked was to let Jona the retarden be able to tailor his policies to be masses friendly after her departure.
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by wqrfsddthotmai: 3:07pm On May 25, 2012
Good luck![img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
Re: The West Selfish For Refusing Okonjo-iweala World Bank Presidency - Mugabe by maasoap(m): 3:23pm On May 25, 2012
Your post didn't really suprise me, but those people that clicked like buttons did. World Bank presidency is for somebody that has identified him/herself with common man globally in his/her chosen career. Are you telling me USA do not have economists who are more competent than Iweala? Just mention one policy or programme or project of her that has really shaped the lifes of masses anywhere in the world, and that is the major aim and objective of the World Bank. It is about track record, practical experience but not moving up the ladder based on the number of years you have been working with the organisation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(in Pics) Why The Igbos Should Really Stop This Biafra Issue / Kaduna: Appeal Court Re-affirms APC's Uba Sani As Duly Elected Governor / Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.