Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? (1128 Views)

North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / Jimi Agbaje Spoke The Truth. No Jonathan, No Oil. / No Oil???? Chinese Company Abandons $8bn Lagos Refinery Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by jinha(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2012
This thought just kept ringing in my head 'what if there is no oil in Nigeria ? 'what will this so called thieves steal ?
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by auwal87(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2012
Second question you should ask; What if the oil finish?
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by doofanc: 9:51am On May 27, 2012
^ i don't think its a question of if, but when the oil finishes.

And very soon it will, then our eye go clear.

1 Like

Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Onlytruth(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2012
That would have been THE BEST thing for Nigeria.
In fact I pray silently that the oil finishes soon so that everybody will find his true levels.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by abubaka101: 6:26pm On May 27, 2012
Oil is here, they are looting the oil revenue, oil price is ₦97.
If oil should dry up, we'll focus on other stuffs ooo e.g agriculture. But we need oil, and a new means of looting will emerge, because what will happen to the millions of cars on the roads, won't we use fuel for them. Can trek a long distance? E.g Ikoyi To Abule Egba, Abuja To Lagos.
They'll import fuel for over ₦15trillion , but they'll spend less than ₦3trillion. Share the rest among themselves, fuel scarcity will occur, inflation will cause food prices to "sky rocket", cost of living will be so expensive, and will make our standard of living poorer than ever! Then we'll wish we never wished for what we wished for...
Thats just a tip of the iceburg, should it happen... People lets not be pessimistic about Nigeria. Something good is around the corner! I can feel it!
Do me a favor, tell me what yo think about my blog:
http://abubaka.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 27, 2012
There will not be this NIGERIA in the first place. It would have been great. I am not the one to condemn good things sha. Thank God for the oil.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 27, 2012
There will not be this NIGERIA in the first place. It would have been great. I am not the type to condemn good things sha. Thank God for the oil.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by aljharem(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2012
Nigeria oil would not finish anytime soon. Yes Niger-delta oil would finish by 2020 or so but not Nigeria.

There are different types of Oils and different quality.

Yes if Nigeria oil finishes, parasitism also finishes and insults from Likes of Beaf would end.

@ OP

If Nigeria had no oil, the thieves would be stealing from cocoa farms and co. It is still a resource and can be stolen from.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 6:35pm On May 27, 2012
alj harem: Nigeria oil would not finish anytime soon. Yes Niger-delta oil would finish by 2020 or so but not Nigeria.

There are different types of Oils and different quality.

Yes if Nigeria oil finishes, parasitism also finishes and insults from Likes of Beaf would end.

@ OP

If Nigeria had no oil, the thieves would be stealing from cocoa farms and co. It is still a resource and can be stolen from.

You are an awuf luv'n parasitic phuck.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by aljharem(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2012
Beaf:

You are an awyf luv'n parasitic phuck.

LOL my state producing this crude oil you are killing yourself over.

In fact not to boast my state has the two major types of oil and gas in the world and also the part of the highest deposit of heavy oil in the world after Canada and Venezuela among the states in Nigeria.

So my brother I am NOT A PARASITE but chose not to be tribalsitic.

Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity. I would not take my oil to heaven when I die would I ?
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 6:41pm On May 27, 2012
If there was no oil, Nigeria would be united, developed, peaceful and prosperous. There would have been no MEND or boko haram.

There would have been no war.

The capital of the country would still be Lagos.

Corruption would be minimal, because there would be no huge pot of Abuja money to steal or "spread."

We wouldn't have 36 unproductive states, rather we would have had 6 regions and the LG would be the driver of development in a truly federal structure.

All citizens would be well respected and represented.

No armed robbery or uni cults.
We would be able to leave our houses open and leave our cars running while shopping. All these with total security.

etc etc etc Nigeria would have been heaven on Earth. cool

[img]http://4.bp..com/_Ju8WBfK54Fw/TNi_JkiblOI/AAAAAAAAACc/y2PI6lKvTDQ/s1600/burj_dubai_b.jpg[/img]
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 6:42pm On May 27, 2012
alj harem:

LOL my state producing this crude oil you are killing yourself over.

In fact not to boast my state has the two major types of oil and gas in the world and also the part of the highest deposit of heavy oil in the world after Canada and Venezuela among the states in Nigeria.

So my brother I am NOT A PARASITE but chose not to be tribalsitic.

Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity. I would not take my oil to heaven when I die would I ?

You are a thieving PARASITE.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Musiwa49: 6:42pm On May 27, 2012
so you think nigeria govt are stealing oil money.

Now let me ask you question.. How is dangote company different from shell. Shell buy oil blocks from Nigeria govt.. What do you think that block means.. ?? It means they own what is in it. Dangote takes limostone and refine it to cement and sell. and shell takes crude oil and refine it to petrol. Does dangote give your govt money from his cement ? apart from taxes.. shell buys oil block and sell the contain of the crude oil. No different from dangote.

Nigeria govt officers are stealing most of your money . that why they increase fuel subsidy so that they can make more money from you.

It show most of you dont understand how the system works.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by aljharem(m): 6:46pm On May 27, 2012
Beaf: If there was no oil, Nigeria would be united, developed, peaceful and prosperous. There would have been no MEND or boko haram.

There would have been no war.

The capital of the country would still be Lagos.

Corruption would be minimal, because there would be no huge pot of Abuja money to steal or "spread."

We wouldn't have 36 unproductive states, rather we would have had 6 regions and the LG would be the driver of development in a truly federal structure.

All citizens would be well respected and represented.

No armed robbery or uni cults.
We would be able to leave our houses open and leave our cars running while shopping. All these with total security.

etc etc etc Nigeria would have been heaven on Earth. cool

^^^^^^^^

beaf you are very swallow, do you think if there is no oil, armed robbers etc would stop shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin Na wa o!

1. the capital was going to be moved anyway whether oil or not because of security reason which a political goon like you should know

2. Corruption would still be there only leeching on non-oil revenues like Cocoa, Palm oil, timber etc

3. Crime rate in Nigeria has NOTHING TO DO WITH OIL.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 27, 2012
There are other natural resources available in the country that can generate revenues if exploited efficiently. Though we won't earn as much from oil, it could sustain the federal bugdet considerably.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by PaulJohn1: 7:13pm On May 27, 2012
If there is no oil in Nigeria

-S/South would have been MEND free
They would have been living in happiness without much pressure from FG.

-S/West wouldn't have been so lazy to forget about their Cocoa farming.

-S/East wouldn't have too lousy to forget about their palm oil.

-North would have been free from Boko Haram
They might have been more civilized than they presently are.

Finally, Corruption would have been in it's minimum level and no region would have been too dependent on S/South for Oil money.

NB: Oil is a blessing to us and not course, but we're been led by the wrong leaders and blindfolded by tribalism.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 27, 2012
I don't like when Nigerians blame oil (a resource) for being the bane of development. It doesn't make sense
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Beaf: 7:18pm On May 27, 2012
J12: There are other natural resources available in the country that can generate revenues if exploited efficiently. Though we won't earn as much from oil, it could sustain the federal bugdet considerably.

Nigeria would be a better country without any mineral resources. We only need our brains (which we don't use now becaues oil is "free"wink.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by aljharem(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2012
Paul John: If there is no oil in Nigeria

-S/South would have been MEND free
They would have been living in happiness without much pressure from FG.

-S/West wouldn't have been so lazy to forget about their Cocoa farming.

-S/East wouldn't have too lousy to forget about their palm oil.

-North would have been free from Boko Haram
They might have been more civilized than they presently are.

Finally, Corruption would have been in it's minimum level and no region would have been too dependent on S/South for Oil money.

NB: Oil is a blessing to us and not course, but we're been led by the wrong leaders and blindfolded by tribalism.

You can say that again, wink Egbon
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by PaulJohn1: 7:51pm On May 27, 2012
alj harem:

You can say that again, wink Egbon

Bro, it's the fact.
Okay, Why has Dubai(UAE), Saudi Arabia been flourishing? It's this same oil they have, but with better management and gov.
We really need to sit tight and get things done, not this chop make I chop our gov. does.
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by dasparrow: 8:19pm On May 27, 2012
Onlytruth: That would have been THE BEST thing for Nigeria.
In fact I pray silently that the oil finishes soon so that everybody will find his true levels.

Seconded!
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Musiwa49: 8:20pm On May 27, 2012
what is minimum wage in nigeria. N18000

What is the population of Nigeria.

majority of nigeria makes more than minumum wage.. If we say an average nigerian makes N30,000 . Nigeria govt get N9000 from that money..

With a population of over 200 million from satellite pictures.

If we say only 30 million pays each month. which is just 15% of the population.

N9000 X 30,000,000 = 270 ,000,000,000 = 270 billion each month

This does not include tax collected by Firs PPT, vat, etc

It does not also include income from custom service in Nigeria over N800 billion.

Does that look like na your own money. them they steal. na your money them they steal.

How is dangote company different from shell. Shell buy oil blocks from Nigeria govt.. What do you think that block means.. ?? It means they own what is in it. Dangote takes limostone and refine it to cement and sell. and shell takes crude oil and refine it to petrol. Does dangote give your govt money from his cement ? apart from taxes.. shell buys oil block and sell the contain of the crude oil. No different from dangote.

Why do you think Boko haram is bombing everywhere. because they discovered the truth about Nigeria. And they dont need you people any more.

There are 40 govt offices in the north collecting money.

Western niger has 41 office

Igbo have 11

ijaw people have 1..

You people are the correct boko haram...
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by Musiwa49: 8:38pm On May 27, 2012
why do you think Boko haram is bombing you people because Boko haram knows mathematics
Re: What If There Is No Oil In Nigeria ? by doofanc: 11:25pm On May 27, 2012
Like many analysts have posited before now, oil in Nigeria has been an unmitigated curse on us, which means lack of oil, by implication will be a blessing.

I belive our problem with oil has to do with the concentration of power at Abuja. That mad, almost psychotic craze for political power, and mouth watering perks that come with it, courtesy of the unrestrained access to petro-dollars, would not be existing. A weak centre would be unattractive for potential opportunists

Like someone said, there certainly will be no unproductive 36 states with weighty baggage of political jobbers and indefensable overhead costs. The few states that will be in existence will have look inwards for ways to sustain themselves which would encourage development of agricultural, agro-allied and extractive industries as the case may be.

Oil itself may not necessarily be a curse, as other countries have shown, but in our case, Nigeria, it is and perhaps will always be.

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nigerians:where Do U See This Country In 10yrs Time With GEJ / If Only Tinubu Had Allow Olurunnibe Mamora / EXPOSED! Femi Fani-kayode's Attack On A Nigerian Youth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.