Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,817 members, 7,862,710 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? (45194 Views)

Igbos Have Developed And Own 80% Of Lagos / Owerri Vs Port Harcourt: Which Is More Developed And Planned? / A Developed And Educated North Is The Last Thing Yorubas And Igbos Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
Proud.SAfrican:

As true as that may be we are still giving all the wrong answers to a great question.
Possibly you haven't searched through the thread to see where people comment about factors like corrupt leadership, poor infrastructure like lack of constant electricity supply, low standard of education, no rule of laws, teeming population in the squalor condition,etc. It is not a rocket science to know that these are among the things which why Nigeria is less developed and less stable than South Africa.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Rossikk(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
all4naija: Possibly you haven't searched through the thread to see where people comment about factors like corrupt leadership, poor infrastructure like lack of constant electricity supply, low standard of education, no rule of laws, teeming population in the squalor condition,etc. It is not a rocket science to know that these are among the things which why Nigeria is less developed and less stable than South Africa.

Semi-literate.

They are asking you the REASONS for the stuff you mentioned.

Your answers are as dumb as this:

Parent to child: Why did you fail your exams?

Child: Because I scored 20% in maths, 30% in English, and 10% in geography.

Olodo rabata.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2013
Rossikk:

Semi-literate.

They are asking you the REASONS for the stuff you mentioned.
Look at this big head still going about his or her foolishness. No! That is not what he said. He is talking about the title as a question not been given a proper answer. You lack comprehension.

People are just going to laugh at your foolishness on this matter. I think semi-literate is way better than you. Please, go and take up English comprehension course before coming here to comment.

Jeez! Your foolishness is annoying though.

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by emiye(m): 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
souldust: @emiye, the budget you posted is only that of the FG. You did not include that of the state and local government. I think all of that should be taken into consideration to have a better pic

Why do you think i include the budget of the state to have a better pic ? , i am comparing two countries federal budget in discourse.

Places like capetown in SA also have their budget, Capetown with a population roughly 3million also had a budget of over 450 million naira, Lagos with a population of 20 million has a budget of also over 450 million naira.

The point is allowing each states and region the necessary free hand to control their resources efficiently and effectively,
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Rossikk(m): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
all4naija: Look at this big head still going about his or her foolishness. No! That is not what he said. He is talking about the title as a question not be given a proper answer.

What?

You lack comprehension.

Do you blame me? shocked
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 10, 2013
Rossikk:

What?

Do you blame me? shocked
What kind of fool are you? Jeez! You don't just want to quit! Probably, you are stoned or something. I know you will still not comprehend what I've just said.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2013
Yogi Amen: Hullo people, I am a South Afrikan, just thought I'd join a forum dominated by Afrikans. Uhm, on the issue at hand, I really think South Afrika has benefited a lot from white man's rule but I also think that Blacks play a huge role in the success of the country's economy, politics and other areas. My issue however is that our country is somewhat isolated and the money we generate is spent on products from the West whereas I have heard about Nigerian's brilliance in things like technology...I really hope to see Afrika trade mainly with itself. thank you

A typical nigerian would replace the bolded with Nigeria. We never accept our shortcomings, always looking for who to blame --our leaders mostly get all the blame; whereas forgetting that the leaders were once ordinary nigerians before they got into the spotlight --but ourselves, and criticizing Nigeria like foreigners.
***and its's Africa NOT Afrika
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 10, 2013
_babyshaQ:

A typical nigerian would replace the bolded with Nigeria. We never accept our shortcomings, always looking for who to blame --our leaders mostly get all the blame; whereas forgetting that the leaders were once ordinary nigerians before they got into the spotlight --but ourselves, and criticizing Nigeria like foreigners.
***and its's Africa NOT Afrika
The truth is that Nigerian corrupt leaders are the major factor contributing to the state the country is today. If you don't point that out it means you are not stating fact and how to begin finding solution would be very elusive in nature.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija: The truth is that Nigerian corrupt leaders are the major factor contributing to the state the country is today. If you don't point that out it means you are not stating fact and how to begin finding solution would be very elusive in nature.

Nigeria is a developing nation, like 4/5ths of the countries on earth. Her problems are not unique. Go to school and learn about the evolution of nation-states. They ALL experience teething problems. Singling out just ONE problem like 'corruption' is ILLITERATE.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Nigeria is a developing nation, like 4/5ths of the countries on earth. Her problems are not unique. Go to school and learn about the evolution of nation-states. They ALL experience teething problems. Singling out just ONE problem like 'corruption' is ILLITERATE.
This your arrant nonsense is pointing out something interesting. Either you are insane or been discriminated against once or more in developed countries before. I can not seem to see what is meaningful in your comment. You never took the time to read before commenting. And, that is a shame on you.

I would advice you to read the previous comment prior to my reply, you dumb head!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^^Can anyone make sense of what this cretin is saying? Did you even pass out of secondary school? I know for certain you've not seen the four walls of a university. Why don't you talk less and learn more?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE: ^^^Can anyone make sense of what this cretin is saying? Did you even pass out of secondary school?
You are now resorting to name calling to get no intelligent message across. You are dumb, man! I am sorry to say your second question is not properly asked.

I didn't pass out nor faint. A$$hole!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija:

I didn't pass out..

I thought as much. Thanks!
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I thought as much. Thanks!
It is a shame you don't know what pass out means. JEEZ! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by cjrane: 4:42pm On May 13, 2013
Because, SA is a real and just country, but Nigeria is a hopeless excuse for a country.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 13, 2013
cjrane: Because, SA is a real and just country, but Nigeria is a hopeless excuse for a country.
What is real about a nation with crumbs for the indigenous blacks? grin grin grin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 6:47pm On May 13, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Do people like you actually read and follow current affairs? And no. I don't mean moping at your CNN screen like a sheep. I mean proper educational material that will actually tell you what's going on, like say the FT? Or African Business Magazine? I mean, here you are typing all sorts of ignorant, inaccurate, illiterate rubbish, while African nations lead the world in economic growth, with major respected organizations attributing this to ''better governance in African nations''.

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-03-01-00-its-africas-time-now

The continent is seeing foreign investment at an all-time high, as nations become more stable, infrastructure improves, and enabling environments are created for business. All these are happening from Nigeria to Kenya, and from Tanzania to Uganda and South Africa, a country you stupidly stereotyped, whilst that nation has achieved massive economic strides in the post-apartheid period, and transformed the lives of millions of blacks. But all YOU see is the crime rate! THAT means they ''failed''. Has America ''failed'' despite its ten times higher crime rate?

The African middle class is currently growing at astronomical rates as incomes rise across the continent. Nigeria has seen 10 million people added to her middle class in the last 5 years, according to international equity firm Actis.

http://tradeflow21.com/2011/02/11/around-10-million-nigerians-moved-into-the-middle-income-bracket-in-the-past-5-years/

See, while the whole world sees the new Africa blossoming from the old post-colonial mess, all YOU see is negativity. Your mates are busy building the future. Maybe you need to get your head off CNN and read some decent economic journals etc. Do some independent research on the various African nations. Don't depend on the rubbish you see on CNN and mainstream western media. That way you can get a realistic picture of what is going on in Africa, and then start to contribute meaningfully.

CNN or Skynews gringringrin

I cannot believe people still respond to Mr. X...
But I guess one wonders what would this section be without Mr. X's contribution.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by khukhi(f): 6:52pm On May 13, 2013
all4naija: What is real about a nation with crumbs for the indigenous blacks? grin grin grin

Look who's talking. undecided

I do hope you feel better about your homeland each time you post your comments.gringringringringrin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 13, 2013
khukhi:

I do hope you feel better about your homeland each time you post your comments.gringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Wallie(m): 7:29pm On May 13, 2013
Danka7777:

I wasn't trying to be immodest. I just wanted to share a little of my background for you to know who you talking with. I[b]f I and teams of engineers can design a war aircraft and drones to fly and bomb its target, it tells you that I would never speak of anything I have no evidence or facts on.[/b] So trust me, whatever I say on here is based on solid research and facts. I expected you to say: let me go and do my research and will get back to you. Had you said that I would had shown respect to yousmiley

Dude, I call BS! What drones and aircraft did you help develop? Once you give the name(s) then name the State you're in. I'm pretty sure you're BS'ing because you said you're only 27, which means you graduated around 23 at the earliest. With ~4 years of experience, you won't even know enough to even understand how the system truly works not to talk of actually designing it! I also call BS on you controlling a team of 500 people. Which group is big enough to contain 500 people?

I'm not saying that you did not work for LM but you did not help develop crap and you sure as hell do not control 500 people! Go ahead and name the system/sub-system you helped develop and what clearance level you hold.

Your best bet is to probably just ignore this post if you do not want to be embarrassed! grin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 13, 2013
khukhi:

I am in my homeland. I am presently in my mother's land and I feel better when I think about my papa'sland. You see I am on both sides. grin grin grin.

No fronting! grin grin
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nickydrake(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2013
Wallie:

Dude, I call BS! What drones and aircraft did you help develop? Once you give the name(s) then name the State you're in. I'm pretty sure you're BS'ing because you said you're only 27, which means you graduated around 23 at the earliest. With ~4 years of experience, you won't even know enough to even understand how the system truly works not to talk of actually designing it! I also call BS on you controlling a team of 500 people. Which group is big enough to contain 500 people?

I'm not saying that you did not work for LM but you did not help develop crap and you sure as hell do not control 500 people! Go ahead and name the system/sub-system you helped develop and what clearance level you hold.

Your best bet is to probably just ignore this post if you do not want to be embarrassed! grin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is mean.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by sithwell: 10:27pm On May 16, 2013
Proud.SAfrican:
So much hot air has been blown in this forum and none of it has been put to good use.

We can continue to argue among ourselves about the inevitable truth that we all know. A truth that we continue to search for but its there staring at us.

Africa is tremendously under developed it doesn't matter what the historical reasons are (the fact that some of you feel Africa isn't inventive enough please go ahead and invent something so you can stop complaining) the focus should be how we can get ourselves out of this mess. We can continue to blame the past for what we find ourselves in but the only reason we are still in this mess is cause we are fixated on the problem and not the solution.

by the way South Africa isn't a developed country its quite far from it.

Africa has been always been good at diagnosing its problems. Fixing them, however - different kettle of fish.

The process is like this:

Wake up unhappy -> diagnose -> point fingers ->find someone in a worse position -> point fingers -> find someone in a better position -> point fingers -> diagnose -> go to bed feeling happy -> reality in-between ->wake up unhappy -> start the process all over again.

On-and-on it goes.

No end in sight.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 16, 2013
sithwell:

Africa has been always been good at diagnosing its problems. Fixing them, however - different kettle of fish.

The process is like this:

Wake up unhappy -> diagnose -> point fingers ->find someone in a worse position -> point fingers -> find someone in a better position -> point fingers -> diagnose -> go to bed feeling happy -> reality in-between ->wake up unhappy -> start the process all over again.

On-and-on it goes.

No end in sight.
Then what have you done to find solution to the problems?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by UyiIredia(m): 10:57pm On May 16, 2013
redsun: Sadly because oyinbo was in control.Oyinbo used the blacks to develop south africa for themselves.Black south africans are jsut as developed as other africans.

Unfortunately, I agree with this comment. I believe that South Africa is more developed because of the number of whites there - in my guesstimate far more than any other African country. It is because of this that South Africa is the only African country that legalized gay marriage and the only one that has successfully hosted a World cup. In most of the South African programs and documentaries I watch on MITV I've noticed that most of the poor townships are those with more blacks not to talk of the fact that homosexuality is looked down upon in such areas.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by UyiIredia(m): 11:30pm On May 16, 2013
L.Incomers:
Hypothetically....what most of ya'all is saying is that a Black nation cant rise without the presence of a white man.. angry...How Unfortunate

No. What we said is that the development in a certain African country was because of the whites.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by UyiIredia(m): 12:07am On May 17, 2013
Deep Sight: South Africa has an enormous infrastructural, and I dare say, even institutional superiority over Nigeria in every sector of the economy and in many places is no different from Europe or North America. However peeps should note two important facts:

1. There are also many areas in which South Africa will never be able to match Nigeria. The extent, quality and impact of the Nigerian Diaporua is one. The amount, quality, and exposure of Nigerian professionals is another. The size and power of the emerging Nigerian Middle Class is a third. The gutsy, first-class-citizen mentality of the average Nigerian is a fourth. People who have lived in SA will readily tell you that black South Africans are generally no match for Nigerians in any endeavour. They simply don't have the same self-esteem. This is a real observation.

2. There is a great deal of wretched poverty in SA as well. Like I said, developed areas are just like Europe and North America, but some of the slums make Ajegunle look pretty. Personally, the largest slum I have even seen in my life was just outside Jo'burg. I have never seen a slum as expansive as that anywhere in Nigeria. And I have never seen that levelof wretchedness so closely encamped on such a vast scale beside first-world level opulence.

Neat, interesting and insightful comment from Deep Sight. I take issue with saying Nigerians outclass South Africans in any endeavour. I won't want to insult the intelligence of South Africans, past and present, black or white who are enterprising.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by sithwell: 12:36am On May 17, 2013
all4naija: Then what have you done to find solution to the problems?

To the problems of Africa? You must be kidding.

Anyway, nothing matters beyond what each of us is doing today. Why Africa or some African countries are developed or not developed than others doesn't matter. Black people, white people - it's irrelevant. Almost the whole of Africa has felt the white man's touch anyway.

What matters is what governments are doing today. Which black person is better than which other black person won't put food on anyone's table; and it certainly will not advance anyone.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by Nobody: 12:38am On May 17, 2013
sithwell:

To the problems of Africa? You must be kidding.
So, stop the blame and get along with African grievances.
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by sithwell: 12:50am On May 17, 2013
all4naija: So, stop the blame and get along with African grievances.

I should stop the blame?

Where's the blame?
Re: Why Is South Africa More Developed And Stable Than Nigeria?? by sithwell: 12:57am On May 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

No. What we said is that the development in a certain African country was because of the whites.

Both of you are saying the same thing. If you say country A is more developed than country B because of the presence of whites - then country B underdeveloped because of the absence of whites. It's common logic.

Eitherway, its great insight into the black African mind. All countries have a history, but what counts is their present and future.

Agree or disagree with that, Africa still needs building right now - and the government that does the best job at that is the one that will succeed.

So, after all is that a done, good governance and visionary leadership today is what will determine where each of us end up.

So, good luck to all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Tribunal Nullifies Murtala Badaru's Election For Not Attaining 30yrs / Muhammadu Buhari Vs E. A Adeboye: A Nigerian Compares Their Age / Maiduguri Under Attack On Election Day, 7 Explosions Occur Within 10 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.