Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? (10706 Views)

'''NYSC Why Me''' Niger State. / Why Do Corpers Lack Employment After NYSC? / His Fiancee Insists On Marriage After NYSC - Advice Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by drnoel: 9:57pm On May 29, 2012
its all about the naija mentality, but then the women donĀ“t help matters too
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Mynd44: 10:04pm On May 29, 2012
Most women are not just themselves they'd rather have the society dictate their lives to them
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by emmatok(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2012
Lacrissa: I am about passing out this present batch and when people ask me what next, their emphasis is always on marriage. One told me, now I'm passing out, when am I giving them invitation and another talked to me when I plan on settling down. Is that what most people do, after NYSC, plan on getting married? Not like I don't want to get married soon, of course but I was just surprised when both of them at different times after congratulating me talked about marriage being next.

First thing after NYSC is to get a JOB or Setup a Business.

How do you wanna sustains your Marriage without any source of income.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Nobody: 12:03am On May 30, 2012
Majority of people tend to lack life MISSION, and more annoyingly, think everyone must be like them.
And that's Nigeria for you. Instead of thinking "how can I use all my skills now to improve civilization?". It's always "how can I quickly get married and have tons of babies and have no more time for my destiny so nosy people can stop judging me". And then the poor bloke they happen to be latched on to starts to get the brunt of it.
I can't stand a life of just "going through the motions". Nothing extra-ordinary. Nothing new. Just copy/paste life.

It makes perfect sense to want to get some things done before your free time is restricted by a marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Jasiel(f): 1:02am On May 30, 2012
My parents and everyone else are doing exactly the same thing. Everywhere I turn questions are being asked about marriage and who I'm dating. If my parents' words could be recorded in six line paragraphs, each paragraph will have about 5 lines of "bone of bones" and "flesh of flesh". I do want to get married someday and because I love kids, I want some of my own too but I also feel like there's more to me and life than just ending up in a marriage without fulfilling my dreams....
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Mynd44: 3:10am On May 30, 2012
Jasiel: My parents and everyone else are doing exactly the same thing. Everywhere I turn questions are being asked about marriage and who I'm dating. If my parents' words could be recorded in six line paragraphs, each paragraph will have about 5 lines of "bone of bones" and "flesh of flesh". I do want to get married someday and because I love kids, I want some of my own too but I also feel like there's more to me and life than just ending up in a marriage without fulfilling my dreams....
If only all women think like this
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by jpphilips(m): 7:47am On May 30, 2012
Mynd_44:
If only all women think like this

Nairaland band wagon mentality, i can even deduce the deceit in what she wrote.
the post eludes common sense totally,
she is feeling the pressure from home cos she prolly got nobody.
there is a diff between thinking you have someone and knowing you have one that is committed to marriage.
a diff scenario is this: supposing she has a guy that is committed towards marriage and ready, the guy will most likely accept she pursues whatever aspiration of hers in marriage, no how will she decline? since she has said she is interested but not a priority simply means: she aint got no one that is committed to marriage. yea, i see more female executives,politicians etc l8ly and most re married, i sincerely think that marriage is never an umbrage for career and personal aspirations.

hers is a case of 'bad faith' and "bad faith" has never been considered a social standard.
the other tenacity eludes common sense more cos nature follows the path of least resistance.
for what its worth,

what else is life after NYSC in its entirety? get a job? oh!! please, 60 percent of class 2004 from most schools are still jobless let alone class 2011, start a business? pray you have learnt the tricks and have capital in the waiting, dats another 5yrs, join family business? yea if i rem correctly was only abt 5% of my class,

joining an uncle in the big city and eventually turning into a glorified house-help hoping that one day ur uncle will rem where he kept ur CV forgetting that 'uncle' has 3 jobless kids at home waiting to be blessed.

what exactly is there to do in Naija? music industry? Nollywood? oh !! pls if u had the talent you could have started way back in school, where you had all the freedom, why wait till post NYSC?

your comment in quote is very misleading because the word 'gender equality' is a farce.
each gender has its pros and cons and post NYSC is a pro for the females unlike men.
women have a way out and that is 'marriage' men don't have that luxury, same way we can polygamise and the society doesn't give a hoot.

if i were you, instead of deceiving urself and people wishing all gals should be like her, i would dust my a!se and get to work, who knows you may end up liberating another woman of same faith.

1 Like

Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Mogten(m): 7:48am On May 30, 2012
slimyem: which is most def. hypocrisy ...and a lie.
Truth is most girls above the age of 20 have constant thoughts of marriage in their minds...among other things.
It is the girls whose only and sole purpose marriage is that i have a problem with...
...but saying you(as a girl above the age of 20) do not think about marriage even after Nysc...is a blatant lie from the pits of hell!
Op's just selling her self-righteousness...and i'm not buying!cheesycheesycheesy
She isnt the reason you're a spinster I hope?
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by franky023: 7:59am On May 30, 2012
Bisjosh: Dnt mind them as if marriage is the greatest achievement in life!!!!
u can remain single 4ver Rev.Sis.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by kpolli(m): 10:21am On May 30, 2012
Lacrissa: I am about passing out this present batch and when people ask me what next, their emphasis is always on marriage. One told me, now I'm passing out, when am I giving them invitation and another talked to me when I plan on settling down. Is that what most people do, after NYSC, plan on getting married? Not like I don't want to get married soon, of course but I was just surprised when both of them at different times after congratulating me talked about marriage being next.

Nowadays, its the new thing. . . . Girls wanna rush in, so they can later rush out of it grin grin
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by MizEmerald(f): 10:39am On May 30, 2012
This happens to mostly ladies and its because they don't have confidence in themselves...ur husband is not means to an end
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by MizEmerald(f): 10:41am On May 30, 2012
This happens to mostly ladies and its because they don't have confidence in themselves...ur husband is not means to an end.when ladies get so desperate they fall into wrong hands.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by busybee24: 11:03am On May 30, 2012
slimyem: which is most def. hypocrisy ...and a lie.
Truth is most girls above the age of 20 have constant thoughts of marriage in their minds...among other things.
It is the girls whose only and sole purpose marriage is that i have a problem with...
...but saying you(as a girl above the age of 20) do not think about marriage even after Nysc...is a blatant lie from the pits of hell!
Op's just selling her self-righteousness...and i'm not buying!cheesycheesycheesy

Because your the master and the person who knows what goes on the mind of every woman.. this leaves me with two conclusions either you are ignorant self grandiosed know it all...or on the other hand you hang out with the lowest of lows who believe that their sole purpose is to be with a man, get married and push out kids.. Open your eyes... there are women out there past the ago of 20 who dont have marriage at the forefront of their mind... there are things like i dont know say career advancement, more educational achievements- a little thing called masters and a PHD and of course voluntary positions and the wonderful thing called travelling the world.

1 Like

Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Nobody: 11:30am On May 30, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Bisjosh: Dnt mind them as if marriage is the greatest achievement in life!!!!

Is that an indirect way of saying you pray not to get married? Or just consolation that you're not there yet. I pray all my sister will get married to their God given husbands. Every other thing must surely follow.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by angiemartinez(f): 11:50am On May 30, 2012
its sad dat many ladies dnt practise wat day preach. A woman who has nt goten a man wil tel u she is nt ready yet. Lies! N as soon as she gets dat man, she stats preachn a diff sermon. I pasd out in feb n most ppl askd d same questns, so if d job cums nw fine. If he says weddn nw, fine 2.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by rowlandoo: 12:46pm On May 30, 2012
fluid26:

Bros, dis ur grammar na wa o! I'm having great difficulty understanding it.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Mynd44: 3:14pm On May 30, 2012
angiemartinez: its sad dat many ladies dnt practise wat day preach. A woman who has nt goten a man wil tel u she is nt ready yet. Lies! N as soon as she gets dat man, she stats preachn a diff sermon. I pasd out in feb n most ppl askd d same questns, so if d job cums nw fine. If he says weddn nw, fine 2.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by captalex(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2012
ujchief: Thats peer and parental pressure. It didnt start now. Once u're giving birth to, next u're expected to crawl, then walk, then school. After secondary school, they expect us to further it, not minding if we're crafts men or not. After school, service, then we the guys are expected to get a job and star taking care of them! Next, mariage, when u eventualy get maried, they expect the kids, if it aint coming, them more presure. When it comes and its a girl, more presure, when the boy finaly comes, then u're expected to make them two, then they start asking why all these children, dont u know the economy is bad?
Bottom line, u cant please them all.
You hit the nail head on. Say more please.
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by gsmgold: 5:19pm On May 30, 2012
ujchief: Thats peer and parental pressure. It didnt start now. Once u're giving birth to, next u're expected to crawl, then walk, then school. After secondary school, they expect us to further it, not minding if we're crafts men or not. After school, service, then we the guys are expected to get a job and star taking care of them! Next, mariage, when u eventualy get maried, they expect the kids, if it aint coming, them more presure. When it comes and its a girl, more presure, when the boy finaly comes, then u're expected to make them two, then they start asking why all these children, dont u know the economy is bad?
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by captalex(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2012
Mynd_44:
yeah money first and then punny and the rest
Please what is punny? And there is no romance without finance.how would a relationship survive if you both are corp members.
Most of the girls are lazy and lack foresight.they want everything shap shap,eventually when the guy benches them and goes outside ,they now start asking what does she have that I don't.base point,think deeply before you decide to walk down the aisle.marriage no be see-saw once your in,na till die o!.

1 Like

Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by captalex(m): 5:33pm On May 30, 2012
sucezTP: Though, i'm new on nairaland but, i find dis vry interesting! Sincerely, marriage is nt wat most pple think it is..it's nt d merriments dat matters bt, d way u wil make a gud home afta evry1 has left..lyf afta NYSC shld b gettin a gud job worth livin wit..
True talk SIS,are you single?
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by nwanioma(f): 6:15pm On May 30, 2012
after NYSC you either have one of the 3 or your are doomed Betta Job, Masters admission, Husband. Husband seems like the easiest to get that's probably why ppl keep asking!
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by tlo(f): 5:17am On May 31, 2012
i find that odd, after NYSC most people would be focussed on finding a job, not marriage , but what do i know
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Cheester: 1:46pm On May 31, 2012
pDude: What should they be talking about? Lecturers and Course forms?
loll, i wonder oo
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Mynd44: 7:38pm On May 31, 2012
captalex:
Please what is punny? And there is no romance without finance.how would a relationship survive if you both are corp members.
Most of the girls are lazy and lack foresight.they want everything shap shap,eventually when the guy benches them and goes outside ,they now start asking what does she have that I don't.base point,think deeply before you decide to walk down the aisle.marriage no be see-saw once your in,na till die o!.
Punny is tha thing in a woman where you stick your whatever
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2012
u're jst the best!
Re: Marriage After NYSC: Why Do People Talk About This? by Enockia(m): 9:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
Them for de ask u for class atyendance abi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robbery At FCT NYSC Camp: We're To Discipline Not Protect Corpers; Soldiers / A Married Woman Is Dying 2 Date Me At Nysc Camp! / MCAN - Muslim Corpers' Association Of Nigeria At A Glance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.