Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (46195 Views)

Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know / Difference between .Sis n .Sisx on symbian phones!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by edicolove: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
A comparison of Nokia belle and Android

en.paseban.com/android-vs-symbian/
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss:

I can see ya'll are avoiding ma question. Its all good then. I can understand! You lot don't have an answer for that.

Even the owners of Nokia have admitted Symbian is not a match for the Android so there's no need to do comparisons or argue with mere users.

The fact is that Nokias plan to move to windows was based on the poor reception for their early S^3 OS versions. And the fact is that those versions were shitty.
This has all changed with the coming of belle and especially the FP1 update.

The major problem with symbian now is the bad press its got cos of previous versions but the current Belle FP1 measures up to any other OS out there.

And from current indications, it seems Nokia will back track against their earlier statement cos their current windows phones are doing poorly.
Also Nokia is still pushing out and announcing more updates for symbian. Most of the Nokia news around bothers on their symbian devices.
They have also decided to make more Meego OS devices which was previously thought to be closed.
So it seems they may not close symbian in 2016 again. Even if they do, they would have to beef up the Windows OS with some symbian stuff but from current indications (like the Microsoft apps update for belle) it looks like the reverse is the case

And lastly what OS do you think the current Nokia flagship device (808 pureview) runs?
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by albacete(m): 2:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
@dmainboss
i must say i'm thrilled by the points you made. So on point. Though i am using a Symbian phone (E5) due to tight budget, i must admit that ANDROID IS THE BOMB. I will only be keeping my outdated E5 because of its keyboard layout which makes me type really fast like i am on PC. All others are just basics.

For me, the best phone in the market right now that i really would love to get is the SGS2 (not SGS3, not iphone 4S, not Xperia S).

Android all the way
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
For those who think android is better, I would like to know what your android does that symbian cannot do cos everything I'Ve heard people scream here can be done by symbian.
Don't just come and say android is better. Give reasons

And by the way, several apps for the blood pressure and temperature stuff are available on Ovi store.

Also lets take it easy with this 450,000 apps stuff cos 95% of them are either useless or inferior duplications.
Ovi store has over 200,000 apps, but let me ask you how many apps you have installed on your phone?

There was a review sometime ago online that showed all the major apps for android are also available for symbian. So these numbers are useless
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
jedisco: For those who think android is better, I would like to know what your android does that symbian cannot do cos everything I'Ve heard people scream here can be done by symbian.

Exactly man! Dont mind them. Been long we saw u on the 'nokia belle is here' thread. smiley
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Exactly man! Dont mind them. Been long we saw u on the 'nokia belle is here' thread. smiley

I really don't follow threads for very long but let me search for it and see whats going on there
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 2:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
@dmaine
Let me also add that the official name for belle is NOKIA BELLE and not Symbian belle so Nokia may stop producing symbian phones by 2016 and still continue support for Nokia belle series

Also about the computer to phone stuff, have you heard of Nokia drop?
For cloud memory check cute box
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 2:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
@topic
I saw something on this online sometime ago so I've searched for it and pasted it here

http://nokiapoweruser.com/2012/05/21/symbian-belle-vs-android-updated-with-belle-feature-pack-1-inputs/

Symbian Belle VS Android: A
comparison (Updated with Belle
FP1 inputs). Symbian has already moved from Belle to Belle Feature Pack 1 and is available for 603, 700 and 701 as a software update. The mighty 808 Pureview will come with Belle FP1 pre- loaded.That is why we felt a need for updating this popular comparison and bringing a fresh article comparing the latest of two operating systems. So the areas, where Symbian now has an upper hand as compared to Android, Better Widgets: The widget quality on Belle devices has got great boost with Belle FP1 adding as many as 20 new widgets. Also quality wise widgets on Symbian devices have more to offer. For example Symbian widgets take less space on the homescreen and important widgets like Social and E-mail are scrollable. So yu can just check the current mails or feeds without even opening the application. While Android widgets are not scrollable and you have to open the application to check more items. Dolby digital Plus: This is great feature for any operating system and great news for Symbian device owners with Belle FP1 compatible devices. Yes Belle FP1 brings Dolby digital plus to 603,700, 701 and 808 pureview. So you basically can enjoy Dolby surround sound with any headphones as the Dolby digital plus ability is inbuilt into the Symbian devices. Major advantage, if you compare even a low range 603 to even a high range Android like SGS II. Check the video for more about Belle Feature Pack 1, RAM requirements: This is really a major strength of Symbian Belle. Check the above screenshot of N8 and SGSII. The N8 even with all the apps like Mail, Social (Facebook & Twitter),Weather widget has got as much as 104 MB free RAM out of total 250 MB (RAM) . Compare that to Android devices having 500 MB RAM. I have seen as less
as 70-80 MB RAM left for running applications in those Android devices. That gives you true picture. Android can’t support true multitasking because it is so much resource intensive. Processing power requirements: Symbian belle makes phones running on single core processor clocked at 680 Mhz very smooth. For example N8.This is very surprising in the times when we need dual core and processors clocked at 1.2 GHz for Androids to run them smooth.viz SGS2. That is sufficient to show how efficient Symbian is as an OS. Please follow the link below to see N8 with belle in action. It is also worth noting that low speced Android phones are not that smooth in operations, and Symbian belle phones in the same price range can beat them easily. http://www.gsmarena.com/
new_belle_rom_for_nokia_n8_leaks_see_the_cha
news-3540.php Power consumption: This is where Symbian belle beats Android hands down.As Android needs more processing power to run the OS smoothly.It takes big toll on battery level of the device.We have heard a lot about how android users need
to carry chargers with them,and charge it twice sometimes thrice in a day. True & live Multitasking: This is one area where even, Android’s latest ICS( Ice cream sandwich) can’t hold a lamp to Symbian Belle. Symbian always had true multitasking,with Belle it goes one step ahead and becomes live multitasking with live app tiles!! Android still only supports only a fixed number of apps while multitasking, and freezes others. Now some areas where Android is still better than Symbian belle, Screen resolution: Though E6 has proved that Symbian can support resolution other than 640×360, but still Nokia has not come up with other devices with better resolution.Even 808 Pureview is coming with the same nHD resolution although with Nokia’s CBD (Clear Black Display) it looks fab and gives awesome outdoor visibility as well. Better apps eco system: Though it is not related to OS directly but apps eco system and quality wise, Android is better than Symbian.The number of app at Android market are nearly 300000. Symbian also has impressive numbers of around 110000. A comparison by “Allaboutsymbian” shows that all the top paid and free apps are also available in “Nokia store”.But if you compare the quality then as the apps of Android get more frequent updates than Symbian, quality wise some of Android apps are better than Symbian.
so let me know what you guys think
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by walemoses2(m): 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss:

I can see ya'll are avoiding ma question. Its all good then. I can understand! You lot don't have an answer for that.

Even the owners of Nokia have admitted Symbian is not a match for the Android so there's no need to do comparisons or argue with mere users.

Symbian and Android school of thought has spoken respectively and i have meticulously looked into the arguments presented,experience shared,research conducted,subject authority etc,i go for android henceforth.
Dmainboss,for now,you are the boss ,you made me fall in love with Android,thank you.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by dmainboss: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
@Jedisco, you went online and posted a link from nokiapoweruser.com. What would you expect them to say. If you are going to do a review, always post reviews from neutral sites or users.

jedisco:

The fact is that Nokias plan to move to windows was based on the poor reception for their early S^3 OS versions. And the fact is that those versions were shitty.
This has all changed with the coming of belle and especially the FP1 update.

The major problem with symbian now is the bad press its got cos of previous versions but the current Belle FP1 measures up to any other OS out there.

And from current indications, it seems Nokia will back track against their earlier statement cos their current windows phones are doing poorly.
Also Nokia is still pushing out and announcing more updates for symbian. Most of the Nokia news around bothers on their symbian devices.
They have also decided to make more Meego OS devices which was previously thought to be closed.
So it seems they may not close symbian in 2016 again. Even if they do, they would have to beef up the Windows OS with some symbian stuff but from current indications (like the Microsoft apps update for belle) it looks like the reverse is the case

And lastly what OS do you think the current Nokia flagship device (808 pureview) runs?

I am happy you were a bit fair here. Though you embellished it a little. But lets take a good look at your argument:

Nokia was the undisputed market leader for mobile phones for a long time, but they had very poor vision of the future. Even when the PalmOS was released back in 2004/2005, Nokia still didnt see the handwriting on the wall. They concentrated on low and middle tier phones and couldnt see the Internet was driving the world into a whole new horizon. At this time Google had a clear vision of the future and started the Google summer camps. It was like a joke but today the results are quite telling.

When Nokia wanted to move away from Symbian, they had 3 options. one was to use Android. second one was to use Windows 7 mobile and the third was to develop a whole new operating system. Actually their first choice was to use Android. But according to the CEO of Nokia, their biggest fear was that they will loose a market edge because they would loose their uniqueness. They needed to stand out and they concluded they wont be able to achieve that with Android. So they opted for the next best option which was Windows Mobile 7. Their argument was that W7 had no main partner who was aggressively pushing stuff on that platform so they stood the chance of becoming that major unique partner. Dont forget that HTC, Samsung and most other companies, except Motorolla still produce W7 phones. But their really great phones run Android.

The choice of W7 for Nokia phones elicited a lot of critisms because of what has happened to companies like PalmOS. The truth is Windows mobile looks like an expensive experiment that was always going to fail. Now Nokia is trying something of their own with the Belle. The first snag they are going to have is that the belle is an Android wannabe. The Belle is like someone trying so hard to be like the Android and the problem with that is no matter how much they try, it will always look like an imitation. Multiple Desktops, Navigation bar, Notification bar, etc are basic Android stuff and only makes the Belle look like a copy. There is no new innovation in the Belle. And dont forget that Android has the biggest support and development community of them all. Currently even bigger than the iOS.

On another scale, the Google platform is what makes Android a real monster. Mobile phones have moved away from just being devices for making phones calls and sms and email but have become the ultimate communication platform and the next generation PC. That is where you cannot compare a Symbian to an Android. Many of the platforms and services that Nokia itself is trying to use are largely driven or influenced by Google. So how can Nokia be more Google than Google. Gmail, Maps, GDocs, Play, Youtube, G+, Analytics, Google Search, Earth, translate, blogger, etc are all services by Google and most of these are native to Android. So you cannot beat Android to it. Until Nokia can build their own set of services or seamlessly integrate available services, they will always be a step behind. I know they are working on some apps and services but you have to realise that everyone is building for the Android platform right now. Even Nokia themselves are now trying to port some of their apps and services to Android. That alone is food for thought.

Truth is after all said and done, Nokia will eventually end up using Android or they might fade away like the PalmOS or will go bankrupt and bought by Microsoft.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
dmainboss: @Jedisco, you went online and posted a link from nokiapoweruser.com. What would you expect them to say. If you are going to do a review, always post reviews from neutral sites or users.

I am happy you were a bit fair here. Though you embellished it a little. But lets take a good look at your argument:

Nokia was the undisputed market leader for mobile phones for a long time, but they had very poor vision of the future. Even when the PalmOS was released back in 2004/2005, Nokia still didnt see the handwriting on the wall. They concentrated on low and middle tier phones and couldnt see the Internet was driving the world into a whole new horizon. At this time Google had a clear vision of the future and started the Google summer camps. It was like a joke but today the results are quite telling.

When Nokia wanted to move away from Symbian, they had 3 options. one was to use Android. second one was to use Windows 7 mobile and the third was to develop a whole new operating system. Actually their first choice was to use Android. But according to the CEO of Nokia, their biggest fear was that they will loose a market edge because they would loose their uniqueness. They needed to stand out and they concluded they wont be able to achieve that with Android. So they opted for the next best option which was Windows Mobile 7. Their argument was that W7 had no main partner who was aggressively pushing stuff on that platform so they stood the chance of becoming that major unique partner. Dont forget that HTC, Samsung and most other companies, except Motorolla still produce W7 phones. But their really great phones run Android.

The choice of W7 for Nokia phones elicited a lot of critisms because of what has happened to companies like PalmOS. The truth is Windows mobile looks like an expensive experiment that was always going to fail. Now Nokia is trying something of their own with the Belle. The first snag they are going to have is that the belle is an Android wannabe. The Belle is like someone trying so hard to be like the Android and the problem with that is no matter how much they try, it will always look like an imitation. Multiple Desktops, Navigation bar, Notification bar, etc are basic Android stuff and only makes the Belle look like a copy. There is no new innovation in the Belle. And dont forget that Android has the biggest support and development community of them all. Currently even bigger than the iOS.

On another scale, the Google platform is what makes Android a real monster. Mobile phones have moved away from just being devices for making phones calls and sms and email but have become the ultimate communication platform and the next generation PC. That is where you cannot compare a Symbian to an Android. Many of the platforms and services that Nokia itself is trying to use are largely driven or influenced by Google. So how can Nokia be more Google than Google. Gmail, Maps, GDocs, Play, Youtube, G+, Analytics, Google Search, Earth, translate, blogger, etc are all services by Google and most of these are native to Android. So you cannot beat Android to it. Until Nokia can build their own set of services or seamlessly integrate available services, they will always be a step behind. I know they are working on some apps and services but you have to realise that everyone is building for the Android platform right now. Even Nokia themselves are now trying to port some of their apps and services to Android. That alone is food for thought.

Truth is after all said and done, Nokia will eventually end up using Android or they might fade away like the PalmOS or will go bankrupt and bought by Microsoft.

I still don't get your point with all these stories. What I'm trying to say is that at some point symbian was shitty but currently with Nokia belle, it measures up and so I personally think Nokia will dump symbian but support belle.

You say its an imitation either cos you're a fanboy or cos of the influence of bad press.
Most of the features of belle were ported from Meego OS and not android.

If you think that Nokia will still move over to android then you're dreaming. At most they can build a new OS with features ported from Symbian, Meego and Windows. Which is what I see them doing with Nokia belle.

Also who says others do not copy. Afterall Nokia first started the online app store before apple copied it.
Moreover the quick advancement being made in the mobile world is because of competition. Nokia joining android kills that.

About the link I posted, I did it because it brought into focus Belle FP1 and it was very objective.
If you think they were biased, why not point out their flaws. Atleast they didn't say Belle is better because Android sucks. They gave reasons.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
jedisco: For those who think android is better, I would like to know what your android does that symbian cannot do cos everything I'Ve heard people scream here can be done by symbian.

And by the way, several apps for the blood pressure and temperature stuff are available on Ovi store.

Also lets take it easy with this 450,000 apps stuff cos 95% of them are either useless or inferior duplications.
Ovi store has over 200,000 apps, but let me ask you how many apps you have installed on your phone?

There was a review sometime ago online that showed all the major apps for android are also available for symbian. So these numbers are useless

I'm a Nokia fan. I've used more symbian phones than any other in my life. I decided to move not because they don't have apps which clearly they do but I opted for quality which clearly they don't. I would have gone for apple cos they got the best apps but just because of their restrictions and their big boy apps, I couldn't move. You need to use some of those apps on your Nokia on an Android and see the difference. For now Android is the most comfortable platform I know. You don't sound like an Android hater but just prefer your Belle. I'm totally okay with that. The only place I've got problems is comparing the 2 just like comparing apple and Android app wise. Peace out
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

I'm a Nokia fan. I've used more symbian phones than any other in my life. I decided to move not because they don't have apps which clearly they do but I opted for quality which clearly they don't. I would have gone for apple cos they got the best apps but just because of their restrictions and their big boy apps, I couldn't move. You need to use some of those apps on your Nokia on an Android and see the difference. For now Android is the most comfortable platform I know. You don't sound like an Android hater but just prefer your Belle. I'm totally okay with that. The only place I've got problems is comparing the 2 just like comparing apple and Android app wise. Peace out

O.K you want me to believe the 450,000 apps do 450,000 different things? You really are a funny dude.
Why not you start by telling me about your important installed apps and I will give you versions for symbian.
Or we can take a look at apps and games which run on the 3 platforms and you try telling me the difference. I've played some HD games which were both on belle and ios and I can boldly say that there was no difference.

If you are talking about HD games, then you may have a point cos symbian has fewer. And its not like I've played up to a third of the over 50 HD games available for symbian. Moreover, j2me versions of the games are usually released prior to their HD versions. So you can keep yourself busy with those.

But If you are talking about important apps them your point is baseless
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Mafia4life(m): 8:13pm On Jun 01, 2012
Forex trading on Andriod. Available on Symbian?

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Mafia4life(m): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
A programming Language on Andriod. Got one on symbian?

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Mafia4life(m): 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2012
Playing PS1 games on Andriod. I used PowerISO to Copy CD into .daa
Check out Xena playing on Samsung Galaxy Pro Y Dous (25k fone)
You got dat on Symbian?
The truth is that I still remain a die-hard fan of symbian. I just hav to adjust to the trending tech. Most app ar not supported on Symbian

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
jedisco:

O.K you want me to believe the 450,000 apps do 450,000 different things? You really are a funny dude.
Why not you start by telling me about your important installed apps and I will give you versions for symbian.
Or we can take a look at apps and games which run on the 3 platforms and you try telling me the difference. I've played some HD games which were both on belle and ios and I can boldly say that there was no difference.

If you are talking about HD games, then you may have a point cos symbian has fewer. And its not like I've played up to a third of the over 50 HD games available for symbian. Moreover, j2me versions of the games are usually released prior to their HD versions. So you can keep yourself busy with those.

But If you are talking about important apps them your point is baseless

Do you have a problem in understanding what people say before posting junks? I never said symbian doesn't have those apps. All I said was the quality. Even when I played temple run on Apple and on Android, I was terribly disappointed in mine. But if you really have versions for my apps, lemme know okay:

visidon applock- for locking apps, files and folders with the face. A face detection lock app

Droidwall- to regulate the apps that use data and block the unimportant ones that use it in the background

Battery calibration- to calibrate your battery when fully charged in order to lengthen the battery life.

Cartoon camera pro- for taking pictures in animated form. This app cracks me up.

Titanium backup- when you don't have the raw file for an installed app and you're afraid you might lose it during an update, this app is for you. It backs up apps and data. Even when you uninstall an app, restore using this and your app would be like out never was installed

Clockwork mod- to back up roms, install another one and for some reason you like the previous reason, you like the other, you restore.

Setcpu- for overclocking the cpu thereby making it faster
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Guy, are u sure u're educated? Ur link is about two android fones competing for '1st position', n8 was just put there for little comparisons. When i clicked on the nxt pages, i couldnt c a thing about n8 again. Even wen they gave their final verdict, n8 wasn't mentioned at all because they weren't comparing n8. Even if u compare wit n8, dont u dare go near 808 pureview(41mp no b beans o).
Yes, the n8's browser was crappy with symbian^3 but with belle, the problems av been fixed.
If u can tweak both ur android and belle, then why did u put it here as an argument?
The 808 can shoot videos at 1080p so, wat exactly is ur point? We av lots of demanding apps, we just av a 'more-than-capable' OS.

thank God you're seeing things the way I see it. I never said you're OS wasn't capable. Just don't compare with Android again. Thanks
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

Do you have a problem in understanding what people say before posting junks? I never said symbian doesn't have those apps. All I said was the quality. Even when I played temple run on Apple and on Android, I was terribly disappointed in mine. But if you really have versions for my apps, lemme know okay:

visidon applock- for locking apps, files and folders with the face. A face detection lock app

Droidwall- to regulate the apps that use data and block the unimportant ones that use it in the background

Battery calibration- to calibrate your battery when fully charged in order to lengthen the battery life.

Cartoon camera pro- for taking pictures in animated form. This app cracks me up.

Titanium backup- when you don't have the raw file for an installed app and you're afraid you might lose it during an update, this app is for you. It backs up apps and data. Even when you uninstall an app, restore using this and your app would be like out never was installed

Clockwork mod- to back up roms, install another one and for some reason you like the previous reason, you like the other, you restore.

Setcpu- for overclocking the cpu thereby making it faster

Face detection app lock- Yes! We've got it. My frnd uses it on his fone, cant rem d name cos i dont fancy it.

Droidwall?- Even my netqin does that.

Battery calibration? Enof battery apps in ovi store, i just dont av time to start calibrating my battery. I just use 'mondaycoder battery info' to monitor it.

U call urs cartoon camera pro? We call ours camera lover. U can do more than just 'cartooning' urself like facewarp and co.

Titatum backup? We dont actually need a software to backup our files b4 updates, it comes pre-installed.

Clockwork mod? Dont knw about dat but my rom patcher might be able to do it.

Setcpu- i dont need to overclock my cpu to make my fone fast, it is already very fast.

Anyone else?
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

Face detection app lock- Yes! We've got it. My frnd uses it on his fone, cant rem d name cos i dont fancy it.

Droidwall?- Even my netqin does that.

Battery calibration? Enof battery apps in ovi store, i just dont av time to start calibrating my battery. I just use 'mondaycoder battery info' to monitor it.

U call urs cartoon camera pro? We call ours camera lover. U can do more than just 'cartooning' urself like facewarp and co.

Titatum backup? We dont actually need a software to backup our files b4 updates, it comes pre-installed.

Clockwork mod? Dont knw about dat but my rom patcher might be able to do it.

Setcpu- i dont need to overclock my cpu to make my fone fast, it is already very fast.

Anyone else?

Good for you. thank god you admitted there's no setcpu, using already fast phone ain't an excuse.

ROM patcher doesn't backup, it just downloads.

Titanium backup does not only backup both 3rd party and pre installed apps, it also freezes them which is stopping its activity if still installed. it also removes bloatware that is pre installed apps that are plain boring to the eye. Can yours do that?

And who said there weren't battery apps at ovi store. I was taking about calibrating.if you don't know what that means, check your dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by OgidiOlu3(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
joeydozzy:

Good for you. thank god you admitted there's no setcpu, using already fast phone ain't an excuse.

Titanium backup does not only backup both 3rd party and pre installed apps, it also freezes them which is stopping its activity if still installed. it also removes bloatware that is pre installed apps that are plain boring to the eye. Can yours do that?

And who said there weren't battery apps at ovi store. I was taking about calibrating.if you don't know what that means, check your dictionary.

U asked if belle has versions of ur android apps and i'v given them to u. Wat else do u want? Do u want d apps to behave on belle EXACTLY d same way as on android? If the apps were totally d same, why then are we arguing? We cud av just concluded that belle is d same as android. We argue for differences, dumbo, nt similarities!
Are u blind or u just cant read? There are enof battery apps at ovi store most of which are used to calibrate ur battery, i just dont use dem! Go and borrow ur sister's pry 2 books and start 4rm d scratch.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ogidi-Olu:

U asked if belle has versions of ur android apps and i'v given them to u. Wat else do u want? Do u want d apps to behave on belle EXACTLY d same way as on android? If the apps were totally d same, why then are we arguing? We cud av just concluded that belle is d same as android. We argue for differences, dumbo, nt similarities!
Are u blind or u just cant read? There are enof battery apps at ovi store most of which are used to calibrate ur battery, i just dont use dem! Go and borrow ur sister's pry 2 books and start 4rm d scratch.

I don't insult people I don't know cos I think is totally childish especially when its over a little thing, which OS is better. I just asked for apps with those features and I got all that. I guess I just lost my respect. You win, totally out.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by MrFord1: 12:34am On Jun 02, 2012
Android is leading right now when it comes to world market share. There are posts here about FM radio transmitters on Nokia phones which allows you to play music from the phone on any sound system with FM radio. Be it your car radio, home theatre, HiFi sound system, etc. It will shock you that this can be found on an ordinary Chinese Android Tablet PC as cheap as 40k locally, I discovered this just two weeks ago. The thing is we can't know it all but the world is saying it is Android.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by walemoses2(m): 6:50am On Jun 02, 2012
Dmainboss,WHERE ARE YOU? YOUR INVALUABLE CONTRIBUTION IS MISSING,
@joedozzy,you are an authority in this field too,i love the way you friendly end yesterday arguments buy 'WE WEY DEY READ' has actually read in-between the lines and known the truth.
Thanks to Dmainboss and joeydozzy who made me to know that the gift of Galaxy S2 i have early this year is not ordinary phone but ''MACHINE'' as dmainboss put it yesterday.
How i just wish i know more about this Galaxy S2 and be able to talk confidently like yu guys,thanks.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Habidab: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2012
Am currently using Nokia E71,which have a very strong die hard Battery.you cant believe it this is best ever Nokia phone for me because the battery is too strong.which one be Android or Iphone...Nokia go nak you Apako comot...I also browse free on my Nokia with my Etisalat line.but for BB or other phone you subscribe with foolish money...i just dey download like say na computer i dey use....loading WWW 1/FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN...DOWNLOADING
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Habidab: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2012
Download complete...555MB.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by Habidab: 8:59am On Jun 02, 2012
My advice be say anybody way one buy high end Nokia phone just go the Nokia Belle series like 808,c6,c7,T7,705,702 and many more series coz thats the true value for your money
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2012
Mafia4life: Playing PS1 games on Andriod. I used PowerISO to Copy CD into .daa
Check out Xena playing on Samsung Galaxy Pro Y Dous (25k fone)
You got dat on Symbian?
The truth is that I still remain a die-hard fan of symbian. I just hav to adjust to the trending tech. Most app ar not supported on Symbian

Your post shows you know absolutely nothing about symbian.
Even earlier symbian phones that have been discontinued have multiple emulators that can play not just ps1 games but several other platforms. You may have had a point if you were talking about current HD games not some old ps1 stuff. And like I said, I'm not done with the over 50 HD games available on symbian belle.

forex trader- I'm not into that, but a simple search on Ovi shows several forex trading apps.
Programming- you should visit Nokia beta labs which is their developers site. They should have stuff 4 dat.
Re: Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? by jedisco(m): 10:05am On Jun 02, 2012
joeydozzy:

There are tweaks to speed up my device. But with a 1.3 GHz processor, my device is fast enough and thats not top on my mind. I hope you also know that overclocking your cpu will mean a very horrible battery life on a device whose battery life is already shit. I wonder why you also left out the part about heating up and stability.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Any MTN Free Browsing Hacks? / How Do I Download Opera Mini To My Nokia 3110c / MTN Just Gave Me N5000 Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.