Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,723 members, 7,824,054 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly (30403 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? / Six New States For A New Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by muyoto: 8:15pm On May 30, 2012
Eziachi: Nigerians are really funny bunch!
Yesterday they want Nigerian divided, some romancing and designing their new nations flags and coats of arms.
Today they want and clamouring for one state after another? Confused/wasted generation.
More new states, more new his excellencies and their legion of aides
More Patience Jonathan clones in the arms of to be new excellencies. More London/Paris, New York private Jet trip shoppings.

When a man constantly believed that by having more children upon the one he cannot feed is his only way out of poverty, then you have to question his sanity.
Those who are struggling to make the senate in the old state now has an easy ride to governorship in the new states.
Councillorship candidates now become senatorial candidates.
More states, more watering down the quality of leadership (sorry rulership), ore moronic followership.
Every people deserve their kind of leadership.

GBAM!! Spoken like a true elder. May you live long.

simply put, more states=more room for opportunists (call them politicians if you like) to further plunder what is left
our declining reserves. nonsnse angry angry
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2012
femmy2010: I don't think new states is what we need at this point in time.
But one geo-political zone is only 5 while others are 6, even one of them has 7 states.
It is unfair.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Akiika: 8:15pm On May 30, 2012
They want to create more avenue to steal money and y'all are jubilating over it. I pity y'all with your blind tribal/ethnic solidarity for nonsense.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Jilo83(m): 8:17pm On May 30, 2012
Germannig:

The whole Yoruba cannot do without oil money let alone Ijebu. Ijebu kini?

Have you not read the news about viable states in Nigeria? None of your SW states was among.
shut ur fucking mouth up. Only u get oil, where do u place ondo state. Can u do without Lagos in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by lekanolaolu: 8:20pm On May 30, 2012
I think the creation of the 6 states may to welcome, if it well deserved by the region/group of people who needs it.
At least, I can boldly speak of that of OKUN STATE (from the yoruba speaking part of Kogi and minority group from Ekiti):
Most people do nott even know that Kogi state is not fully dominated by the Igala's and Ebira's. There are yoruba speaking people in Kogi State (usually referred to as 'northern yorubas') and I think they deserve a new state Kogi state has been a disadvantage both politically and economically to them as they were denied of opportunities cos they are minority.
Creation of state may look unnecessary with present situation in this country, but some group of people really deserves it. At least, I can speak for OKUN (yoruba state) being a state created from KOGI STATE

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by femmy2010(m): 8:23pm On May 30, 2012
Andre Uweh:
But one geo-political zone is only 5 while others are 6, even one of them has 7 states.
It is unfair.

The cry for new states is a very selfish one.
More money to be looted at the detriment of we the masses.
lets make the ones we presently have work before more is created.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Dede1(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2012
Anybody who dwells on the talk of intelligent leadership or lack thereof in democratic setting is seriously oblivious to the game of the system. Democratic wrangling is all about justice and equity. In most cases, this is achieved through equal numerical strength in voting numbers regardless the size of the state. If Nigeria is willing to dwell with political zones, I suggest each zone has equal number of states and senators.

As for the issue of disintegration of Nigeria, the quest for additional states has no bearing on the peoples' wish to separate and have distinct nations after Nigeria's disintegration. At present, Nigerians have not reached the bridge of disintegration and believe me, when they get to the bridge there is doubt in my mind that they shall cross it.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by IYANGBALI: 8:35pm On May 30, 2012
Andre Uweh: From the South west, I think Ibadan state is ripe enough for creation.
seconded but i wud prefer we call it OLUYOLE STATE grin[quo
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Obiagu1(m): 9:03pm On May 30, 2012
Those saying that Ogoja is the oldest untouched province in Nigeria, was Abakaliki not part of Ojoga province?
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 30, 2012
Yellowface:
Correctly spoken my friend,we should concentrate on makingn d nigeria state work first,few and good better than many and unproductive
equality amongst geo-political zones is a step in the right direction.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by otokx(m): 9:18pm On May 30, 2012
A better trick would be to rename all the 36 states

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Reference(m): 9:22pm On May 30, 2012
Why not 140 million states so we can each have our own. This country is fast heading for bankruptcy.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Jilo83(m): 9:26pm On May 30, 2012
OKE-OGUN state from Oyo wil be ok. No Oke-ogun state, no state creation.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by chidike(m): 9:43pm On May 30, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Thank you!! I dont want them to divide my lovely state!!! Please leave Anambra the way it is!!
I also don't want them to divide my state, Anambra. But if there'll be state creation in the south east, it'll most likely affect Anambra no doubt.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by armadeo(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2012
say no to state creation. 6 new states means 6 new govs + deputies + first and deputy first ladies. 18 senators and only God knows reps. Uncountable commisioners and special assistants et al. Don't you all see what this Will do to the National till. These politicians are smart playing the much used tribal card and trust mugu's fall for it. More states is not the solution but Good governance is.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by bdabuwa(m): 10:26pm On May 30, 2012
So it's now time for hadejia state to be created
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by mrbanks09: 10:54pm On May 30, 2012
Arrh we don't want another state creation oh!!! pls let's try and merge up some existing states that re not doing well ....
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by amokemi(m): 10:59pm On May 30, 2012
Exide and TSG (not autoglass) died a long time ago. Ibadan is due for a state status. Maybe some of us will go back home and develop our state.

Andre Uweh:
Ibadan state has got everything it takes to be a state. Almost what sustains the present Oyo state are bound in Ibadan region.
Cocoa research institute,
IITA,
Unibadan and Poly Ibadan.
Nigerian Breweries LTD.
Exide batteries.
Autoglass.
A population of more than 3 million
etc.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by kristofa09(m): 11:00pm On May 30, 2012
Obiagu1: Those saying that Ogoja is the oldest untouched province in Nigeria, was Abakaliki not part of Ojoga province?
my dear abakaliki was inside it.u av ur state already-ebonyi.ogoja dservs a state dear.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by mrbanks09: 11:07pm On May 30, 2012
More state creation=> more big looters in the making f••k this clueless c^nt of a country for all I care damn!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by yokiti: 11:14pm On May 30, 2012
The 4 concepts of development which can be traced to Regionalization a la state creation in Nigeria are these and should be seen as such but unfortunately, the reverse is the case in Nigeria.

As posited by prof. A. L Mabogunje, The concepts are as follows;

1. Development as Economic growth.
2. Development as Modernization.
3. Development as Distributive Justice and
4. Development as social Economic transformation.

Considering the above, has Nigeria been faithful to those proposition?
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by hassey(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2012
In d north central i beliv d nupe ppl will carry it cus dey ar due for it (EDU STATE).

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Ifnobegod(m): 12:18am On May 31, 2012
Welcome to Apa state, the 1 and only state to be created from the NC.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by GAR3TH(m): 12:31am On May 31, 2012
since 1967 we have been creating more and more states but nigeria get less and less developed. Creation is not the answer to development but rather a way for new thieves to stuff their wallets. If you want to create equality then reduce every geo-political zone to 5 states. Empower the state government so they have more responsibilities / power and decentralize power from the FG so those who want to progress can progress. They should also decrease the number of LGAs and empower them to have REAL responsibilities and not just to hand out salaries.

If states are really created then I know for sure nigeria will collapse. the same 36 states that couldn't even pay a small rise in minimum wage of fear of going bankrupt. they want to add 6 more unviable states. Sometimes i question the sanity of some nigerians. You would rather live in a state with your own ethnic group that is broke, unviable and has no future all in the name of ethnic pride than live in a state with other ethnicities that is viable and does have a future. Thats Insane!!!!!

And Cut the Equality B.ullshit!!!! If you wanted equality then people and the FG will be advocating for 5 states in each geo-zone and not state creation. Cutting back the number of states saves money, is more manageable, allows for competition and criticism and creates equality. Increasing the number of state increase the number of government salaries, reduces the budget, creates less political competition and less criticism but only creates equality. Its common sense. . . . .its not about equailty, ITS ABOUT SOME / NEW POLITICIANS FINDING NEW WAYS TO GET JUMBO PAY AND SOME ETHNIC EDIOTS BLINDLY FOLLOWING THEM ALL IN THE NAME OF ETHNICITY.

REDUCE THE NUMER OF STATES IN EACH ZONE TO 5. . . SIMPLE
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by zakson4real(m): 12:38am On May 31, 2012
In North central only Nupe people deserv it EDU STATE from {NIGER & KWARA}

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by norabenok: 12:46am On May 31, 2012
Nigeria operates a unitary system of government where the states are sustained mainly by doles from the federal govt. Enrollment figures in the most recent UMT examinations show that the figure from Imo state alone is several times higher than the figures from six states added together in some other part of Nigeria. A near similar story is applicable in some other 3 states in the southeast. School enrollment is an acceptable parameter for population estimation anywhere. A father can't starve some of his children because he wants some of his other children to grow fatter. People of the southeast are under represented in any political gathering of Nigerians, because at any turn, they must depend on the S/E's five states only for representation and revenue sharing mechanisms. Even if we are going to 6 zones structure, we need to move into it with a balance in the number of states in each zone. Issue is that having 5 states only in the southeast is not sustainable as far Nigeria's unity and development are concerned. The S/E has lost a lot of development due to denied state in the last two decades.
So one believes the essence of new states by the NASS is to have a semblance of justice and egalitarianism in the distribution of states in the various areas of Nigeria. It gives Nigeria a much needed tranquil political climate for development. It is easy to parrot about that some of the existing states are not viable, and that there are already too many states, therefore no new states, but what matters more to knowledgeable Nigerians is the integrity of the country, not just cost of having new states. The likes of obiagu1, afam4eva, onlytruth, Eziachi, all ostensibly from Alaigbo need to get some Politics 101 lectures from an Almajiri boy in Kano. Dede1 really got it!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by alstacs(m): 1:34am On May 31, 2012
alj harem: @ Andre and Afam

Oyo state is not dividing into 2 states

in fact those in SW clamouring for new states are either representing themselves or their pockets

Now the new state that would come from SW is either Lagoon state (lagos state into two)

or ebira-okun state with is Kogi SW

That is it. Don't delude urselves.

You sure were part of the GEJ committee on state creation cos you sound so informed.
What about Oke-Ogun? What about ibarapa in Oyo state?
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by alstacs(m): 1:52am On May 31, 2012
active-minds:
COACHING IN PROGRESS!!!!

REGISTER YOUR CHILDREN/WARDS TODAY @ ACTIVE-MINDS TUTORS.

AVAILABLE
SOUND LEARNING ENVIRONMENT.
HIGHLY SKILLED TUTORS.
NO-DISTRACTION POLICY.
EMPHASIS ON MATHS AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
VISUAL AND AUDIO TEACHING GUIDES AVAILABLE ALSO.

REGISTRATION STILL IN PROGRESS.

LEARN THE DIFFERENT WAYS TO FAIL EXAMS AND RE-SIT SEVERAL TIMES OVER,THEN AVOID THEM!!

ACTIVE-MINDS TUTORS
EVENING LESSONS/COACHING
NURSERY*PRIMARY1-6*JS1 STUDENTS.

11 ADEDEJI ADEROGBA STREET
OFF OKUNOLA ROAD
EGBEDA LAGOS.

TEL:08103031278
:08029597566

4-6PM
MONDAY-FRIDAY.

You sincerely aint very well.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by odumchi: 2:13am On May 31, 2012
They really shouldn't divide any more states in the SE. Rather, the Northern part of Delta should be created as Anioma state and then added into the SE. As for the second Southeastern state, northern rivers should be carved into its own state and then added into the SE (Orji state?).

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by mensdept: 2:29am On May 31, 2012
I guess the majority of Nigerians are nothing more than a bunch of local folks, that is local NIGG.A.S from the NIG.GGA Area.

Just look at this thread. For every one erious minded post of saying this state creation bs is BS, there are 10 post talking about we need FUFU State, Egusi State, Pounded Yam state.

My goodness.

Are you guys EVER GOING TO CHANGE and GROW UP.

Cant wait for the western world to stop giving una visas, so you can stay in your silly States that are already PHucked up (my french for the day)
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by mikkytrio(m): 2:58am On May 31, 2012
Meaning more governors to sweep more money. More states has never created jobs nor brought food to our tables, dumb ideas from dumb leaders.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 3:04am On May 31, 2012
Whats all these nonsense? Creating more looting machineries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How It Really Happened In Rivers Assembly - Eyewitness / Boko Haram Attacks Rann Camp Bombed By Nigeria's Air Force / Inside APC: Is There Another Conspiracy Against Tinubu By Buhari’s Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.