Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,235 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly (30423 Views)

The List Of New States To Be Created In Nigeria Approved By The CONFAB / Is Vulcan Energy LLC Really Going To Build Six New Oil Refineries? / Six New States For A New Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 3:12am On May 31, 2012
Will creation of state tackle problem of insecurity? NASS is insesitive to the problems of this country!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by sulakishop(m): 3:42am On May 31, 2012
Let's create Boko Haram State......... grin tongue grin
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 4:39am On May 31, 2012
They can like to divide the entire country but they should leave my Anambra alone.

1 Like

Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by odumchi: 4:52am On May 31, 2012
ItsModella: They can like to divide the entire country but they should leave my Anambra alone.

No states should be carved out of pre-existing south eastern ones period.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by fakulty(m): 5:37am On May 31, 2012
Creating new states will further entrench corruption in this country. Are we not tired of this
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by iykak47: 6:02am On May 31, 2012
ItsModella: They can like to divide the entire country but they should leave my Anambra alone.
Or
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by GAR3TH(m): 6:22am On May 31, 2012
Better yet Anioma state can be carved out of delta state and added to the south east zone while two state in the NW zone can merges reducing it back to 6. Then every geo-zone will have six state and the number of states in nigeria will remain 36 not 42
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ektbear: 6:29am On May 31, 2012
GAR3TH: Better yet Anioma state can be carved out of delta state and added to the south east zone while two state in the NW zone can merges reducing it back to 6. Then every geo-zone will have six state and the number of states in nigeria will remain 36 not 42

Unfortunately, none of those NW states will agree to be merged. Or rather, the politicians in those states will object to a merger.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by yohannazack(m): 6:57am On May 31, 2012
Maybe there wuld be a little job creation, anytin oda dan dat, i see creation of more states as not important, if selfish interests and corruption are not dealt wit. Dis is becus, there is no state govt dat is doin better xception of lagos state. May God help us.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Onlytruth(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2012
I feel like I need to restate my position on state creation in Nigeria. I hate creation of new states except if it addresses the issue of imbalance of the geo-po zones. Be that as it may, I still oppose carving out Anambra LGAs into any goofy "golden fleece state" angry unless the people from that LGA support it overwhelmingly. We are fine in Anambra state.
So, here is my stand again. cool

Onlytruth: State creation is a form of attack against unity of sections/zones/regions in Nigeria. It is an indirect attack against Nigerian unity. I still see it as a continuation of attack against Nigerian unity by myopic and recidivist elements within Nigerian society. Ironically, the people who chant national unity are the ones behind this attack.
Just watch, as soon as the states are created, people from former same states will start to see themselves as "other".
Nigerians (nay Africans) somehow tend not to see bigger pictures. They tend to see more of "me, mine, ours" first.
Quite sad. sad

My state Anambra is a tripod of sorts: Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. Each town brings something unique and powerful to the state. You can create your states and cut out whoever wants to leave, but any attempt to remove any of the three big strategic towns in Anambra into any goofy new state should be resisted by any smart Anambra man.

Carve out any of the three towns, and Anambra will cease to be a great state.
I warn my Anambra folks to put on a smart cap.
Ife nine na egbuke egbuke aburo ona edo!
Oburo otu a ka ife nlacha si ami.

Ogwukwa ka o ra m n'onu. cool
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by dubem3(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2012
afam4eva: The government should consider multi-ethnic states like Rivers and Delta.

The Ogoni people have been clamouring for their own state.

Is there a way to join the remaining Ijaws in River state to their brothers in Bayelsa? Do they share a border?

I want all the Igboid groups in rivers state to have their own state.

Anioma should also be given a state, so that the so-called real Deltans can allow them to rest.

I'm really not keen on a state in the south-east. I just hope I'm not carved into another state and. So that Jonathan does not in his wisdom name the state "Ukwu-mango state".

In the south-west, Ibadan state should be looked into. But what will happen to Oyo state when Ibadan is gone. Is it Ogbomoso that will be the capital?
LMAO at 'ukwu mango' state.
They wouldn't dare approach ANAMBRA, its th lion's den. Unless our brothers at the nothern end are now so middle belt that they need a boundary adjustment.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by dubem3(m): 7:21am On May 31, 2012
alj harem: @ Andre and Afam

Oyo state is not dividing into 2 states

in fact those in SW clamouring for new states are either representing themselves or their pockets

Now the new state that would come from SW is either Lagoon state (lagos state into two)

or ebira-okun state with is Kogi SW

That is it. Don't delude urselves.

they aired their opinion.
Even if you wish to counter it,
it certainly Dosen't make them deluded.
Thats certainly why you picked on solid and indivisible states, so what should we say of you?
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by dubem3(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2012
alj harem:

thus we don't need anymore states in Nigeria.

ok, this was ur point, right?
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by mallambature: 8:18am On May 31, 2012
Those clamoring for more state are just being selfish and misleading. If everyone was to have its way, we'll probably have a state for each ethnic group in nigeria. Have they even thought of the impact on the cost of governance. State creation is the least of Nigeria's problem right now. This current national assembly are doing some things now that nobody is contesting. By the time the reality will dawn on nigerians it will too late.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by izenco2005(m): 8:45am On May 31, 2012
Un free to divide every state un like even lagos stata bt do no harm to my stata ANAMBRA STATE.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by drmax(m): 8:50am On May 31, 2012
Do not create more states ,some of the states already created are not viable and only waste resources through unnecessary huge overhead. We should rather concentrate on aggressively fighting corruption, purging the judiciary of corruption and inefficiency, strenghten our security, create jobs and reconcile Nigerians. We need to run an efficient, accountable local government system and bring development closer to the people.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by kristofa09(m): 9:00am On May 31, 2012
Ogoja state is long overdue.

www.nairaland.com/932167/we-r-lov-wit-each
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by olushaggy(m): 9:13am On May 31, 2012
femmyb: If we cannot compare ourselves with America who are we gonna compare ourselves with Somalia? Is it not the American type federal system we are practising in Nigeria, all i am saying is Nigeria does not need new states and when does the clamour for new states end, i remember when Babangida created new states and he said that was the end, how many states have been created since then, and keep dreaming that states creation is going to make the hopelessly corrupt political class to be accountable.

@femmyb
You're referring to Babangida? Ok; when He says that will be the last State creation then, it is true no other state was created & dat was den, but now Nigeria has become expanded to the extent that our so called "LOOTERS" oh sorry Leaders use the opportunity to acquire more money while the masses lie here suffering all in the name of we cannot all become a leader> for me! Creating new state will enable us all to be so close to our governing body...In fact! let the state creation come to stay first, then we think of what next? For a country like Nigeria having 100states i think it's wiser for the benefit of us all...
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by olushaggy(m): 9:23am On May 31, 2012
mallam bature: Those clamoring for more state are just being selfish and misleading. If everyone was to have its way, we'll probably have a state for each ethnic group in nigeria. Have they even thought of the impact on the cost of governance. State creation is the least of Nigeria's problem right now. This current national assembly are doing some things now that nobody is contesting. By the time the reality will dawn on Nigerians it will too late.

@ mallam bature
If we ask who is being selfish here? i guess all the fingers will be pointing towards the N side... come to think of it, the monthly allocation in your state when last did u inquire from ur So called government on how the money is being spent? for where den no born you.. But when we have more state, the little this people will do with the part of the allocation in ur community will be a standing reference everything we talk about that state... Are you happy with the Tax you pay and you never enjoy the promised amenities by the Gov.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by olushaggy(m): 9:25am On May 31, 2012
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by PointB: 9:37am On May 31, 2012
I support the creation of more states leading to equalization of states in the Zones. I agree Anioma State should be created for the SE.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by nagoma(m): 9:45am On May 31, 2012
The whole of the five SE states put together are no bigger in size than one average Nigerian state and each of the 5 states are just the size of LGAs in area. So why should they have 2 more micro states?
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Dave9103: 10:02am On May 31, 2012
4rm North Central, Okun Is ripe 4 a state & Kabba 2 b its capital coz Kabba is d onli province since 1900 dat is neither a state capital nor stand as a Local Govt.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by ektbear: 10:05am On May 31, 2012
nagoma: The whole of the five SE states put together are no bigger in size than one average Nigerian state and each of the 5 states are just the size of LGAs in area. So why should they have 2 more micro states?

a) this is factually false
b) It is irrelevant. Land area is not what determines the merits of state.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Nobody: 10:05am On May 31, 2012
I Think that borno state should be divided, especially that potiskum or whatever they call it and name it Boko Haram State
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by mpumalanga: 10:25am On May 31, 2012
Viability or not,south east should get more states to equalize with other zones
Anioma should be top priority if they can't get it from south south.

Some non viable states are surviving with FAC, so the new once will survive
the same way and people should stop talking of viability when they are protecting
and enjoying the benefits of non viable states in their zones.let them be created
first and when all the zones are equal,we can now consider other things and know how to
handle it.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by fesse(f): 10:45am On May 31, 2012
It may sound well to some people......creating more states-fine; but what is the health status of the existing ones? And again it will cause more conflicts, blood-shed, hatred, communal wars, and lot more crimes. With the state of the nation at hand, it makes no sense to me and sounds silly.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by PointB: 10:47am On May 31, 2012
fesse: It may sound well to some people......creating more states-fine; but what is the health status of the existing ones? And again it will cause more conflicts, blood-shed, hatred, communal wars, and lot more crimes. With the state of the nation at hand, it makes no sense to me and sounds silly.

Anioma is very viable!
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by dirifred(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2012
over politicizing state creation again. well I was in India, some of the state their are a lot bigger than five Nigerian states put together, and they are still making serious progress. consider America the states are so big that you consider them nations, yet they are making progress. it not about state creation, is about the "workability" of this system called Nigeria
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by Apex051(m): 1:06pm On May 31, 2012
Am wondering how some people think cos talking abt carving out new state 4rm present oyo state wtout considering oke-Ogun which consist 10 local government and hav been marginalise so far, without/with little development. No any section deserve her own state than okeogun. Okeogun agbe wa o o
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by AndreUweh(m): 2:46pm On May 31, 2012
IYA NGBALI: seconded but i wud prefer we call it OLUYOLE STATE grin[quo
Oluyole or Lagelu is not well known as Ibadan. Moreover, a local council in Ibadan is named Oluyole. That will do.
Re: Six New States Coming Soon - National Assembly by poweredcom(m): 4:23pm On May 31, 2012
Hahaha wonder wonder wonder wonder wonder ***wonder*** x2 till you turn to wanderer that what they wanna turn me into in my nation where will I join if states are like street in naija now omo make una create a state for me ooo Illuminati state hahaha see confusion for nigeria ooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Nigerians Put To Shame Prophets Of Doom On 2015 Election" - Goodluck Jonathan / Burial Of Josiah Minakam: Patience Jonathan, Wike, Peter Odili & Others Attend / Buhari’s Economic Reforms Are Bold – Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.