Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name (20457 Views)

See what is trending among unilag babes / Pictures Of UNILAG/MAU Students Protest With Sprayed Teargas / Occupy UNILAG: Students Protest MAU Renaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by freshboy88(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2012
nchewi: When U proudly say I am Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, Ijaw etc! U r simply identifying with a brand. Nigeria is brand, so is America, Dubai etc.
Let them fight for their BRAND!!! The brand name is ofcos part of d deal.
Even d institution ur degree bears wins u some points!! It might take another 50 years for dis new name 2 gain d recognition d old name has already established. UNILAG is a win win Brand!!
Aluta Continua my people! If GEJ were 2 be in ur shoes, he wld have done same.
Dats rubbish BRAND ♏Ɣ ass. If they'd turned UNILAG 2 walter carrington university, wld d stdnts have rioted?
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by emmasege: 12:59pm On May 30, 2012
Is anything wrong in changing UNILAG's name when her age-mates (OAU and ABU) who are even more classy have since been re-named after deserved national heroes. if the reason for this protest by the students is because MKO did not deserve such a high level of honour, i give them my absolute support. As at today, no Nigerian dead or alive deserves to be named after UNILAG. The cases of Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello are different. These were tested and selfless leaders whose legacies are indelible. moreover, mko does not stand in the same class as Awo and Ahmadu. what legacy did mko leave for nigeria or the s/west other than fraternizing with khaki boys and religious extremism by sinking a ship-load of the Bibles. i stand by OBJ's statement that mko was not our saviour.

1 Like

Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by macob(m): 1:00pm On May 30, 2012
freshboy88:
Dats rubbish BRAND ♏Ɣ ass. If they'd turned UNILAG 2 walter carrington university, wld d stdnts have rioted?

like say GEJ get shoe d time wey im small. mchewww. lol
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by CY09: 1:05pm On May 30, 2012
alongeyink: Some people are just too local to be posting on Niraland.Guys open ur eyes and stop reasonning like Jonathan Nigeria president.AO can somebody just come and change my name without discussing with me oe the people involve .That mean he can wake up tommorrow and change Nigeria name or sell Nigeria.
permit me to say sir, u sound more local than any local person i av eva met in ma entire life. who has the school whose name is being changed? if u can answer that question correctly, dats if u'v got brains, nu wud knw that the Fed Govt av d ryt 2 change d name.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by silibaba: 1:14pm On May 30, 2012
ondo_boi: just cant get ma eyes off this bakassi

oko ashawo cheesy cheesy
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by buzodyke: 1:22pm On May 30, 2012
Jst to tell u guyz the power in the name, maybe MAUlag guyz are afraid of wat they will lose because of ur old glories as a result of the name change. But nofin is as permanent as Change and real guyz adjust to changes easily. Take it or leave it ur MAUlag.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by nep2ra(m): 1:55pm On May 30, 2012
Saw this on someone's facebook status: "GREAT MALUITES! MOOOO! GREAT MALUITES! MOOOOO! GREEAAAATTTT! MOOOOOOOO! Only University with this chant" LMAO.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by mikron(m): 2:06pm On May 30, 2012
drpanaba: [size=20pt]Muniru & Ambali University - MAU[/size]

grin grin grin

Dis one forget to drop her phone charger for house?
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by MissEZ(f): 2:42pm On May 30, 2012
Once again, Nigerians are majoring on the minor and minoring on the major. I personally dont care about whats happening at the moment, although i think that GEJ should have consulted with the University before making an announcement. You do not visit a persons house and decide that based on your ranking, you are going to change their last name. It is not done.

But i digress, i think that the issue here should be the undemocratic way this happened rather than the fact that the new name is not posh or lacks swag or effizy. Seriously the reason for this protest is very shallow and is a reflection of the priorities that MOST (Not all) youths of today have. Very shallow way of thinking and lack the ability to engage issues. Shouldnt this be an avenue for them to insist that since the name change is happening on the premise of democracy, then the name change should occur in a democratic way.

By the way, thought UNILAG students were posh? Atleast that is the hype, these pictures say otherwise...lol....just saying
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by http(m): 2:43pm On May 30, 2012
Greatest Maulag! Great.....

GEJ, please rename Nigeria to " Phediral Democartic People of Nigeria (PDPN)....
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by yohannazack(m): 2:48pm On May 30, 2012
GEJ SEF, IF HIM LIKE AND RESPECT ABIOLA, WHY HIM NO MAKE JUNE 12 A NATIONAL DAY? NA TO CHANGE UNIVERSITY BI HIM PROBLEM? ABEGGY, EVERY ASPECT OF DIS GEJ IS JST ANOIYIN, WALAHI. I DEY VEX!
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by 190: 2:49pm On May 30, 2012
These are the FUTURE ashawo's of Nigeria
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by trublu(m): 3:50pm On May 30, 2012
[quote author=Danka7777]

What do you expect, they are yorubas. Synonymous with dirty and unattractive people! U̶̲̥̅̊ r A̶̲̥̅ fool.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by deols(f): 4:25pm On May 30, 2012
VEry dumb reasons for a protest. Why cant they dress properly for God's sake or combs av suddenly become scarce in the market?

If there's an OAU, then there's nothing wrong with MAU.

AM surprised the famed uniLag babes appear this way and cant even spell?

Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by stmartins02(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2012
[quote author=Danka7777]

What do you mean by saying they are Yorubas?
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by tpia5: 5:36pm On May 30, 2012
emmasege: Is anything wrong in changing UNILAG's name when her age-mates (OAU and ABU) who are even more classy have since been re-named after deserved national heroes. if the reason for this protest by the students is because MKO did not deserve such a high level of honour, i give them my absolute support. As at today, no Nigerian dead or alive deserves to be named after UNILAG. The cases of Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello are different. These were tested and selfless leaders whose legacies are indelible. moreover, mko does not stand in the same class as Awo and Ahmadu.

ABU was never renamed, as i'm saying for the umpteenth time.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by fm7070: 6:08pm On May 30, 2012
Abiola do not deserve such honour. What else did the upcoming ones read about him if not for the bloody june 12.
Other stories about Abiola is catastrophy for this nation Nigeria.
Several coup was sponsored by him. He and IBB were close political friends, so what do we expect?
Reading about Obafemi Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Nnamdi Azikwe, even Ojukwu, you will realise that these heroes faced hell for the emancipation of their people. Abiola never did!
He wanted more wealth, more power and more fame and people fell for it.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by Wadosky(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2012
I for understand if na ' babangida university dey name am'
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by DaRapture: 7:52pm On May 30, 2012
ondo_boi: just cant get ma eyes off this bakassi

You're eyes are playing tricks on you. The one on the right is flat, and the one on the left is average. These chicks are a disappointment to classic African body figure, your everyday AA females have much better bodies than what I'm seeing in these pictures. cheesy
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by Callimo(m): 10:04pm On May 30, 2012
nep2ra: Saw this on someone's facebook status: "GREAT MALUITES! MOOOO! GREAT MALUITES! MOOOOO! GREEAAAATTTT! MOOOOOOOO! Only University with this chant" LMAO.
[color=#000099][/color]

grin grin grin grin grin grin Abeg una go mek person die for laoghter here..oo grin grin
Comments walai, don reach villa from here..oo grin grin

But the truth be say GEJ no try at all. Of all ppl not MKO for Unilag abeg. Hurray to all who contributed una made me soooo happy wth ur funny comments.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by Johnsinia(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2012
Miss EZ: Once again, Nigerians are majoring on the minor and minoring on the major. I personally dont care about whats happening at the moment, although i think that GEJ should have consulted with the University before making an announcement. You do not visit a persons house and decide that based on your ranking, you are going to change their last name. It is not done.

But i digress, i think that the issue here should be the undemocratic way this happened rather than the fact that the new name is not posh or lacks swag or effizy. Seriously the reason for this protest is very shallow and is a reflection of the priorities that MOST (Not all) youths of today have. Very shallow way of thinking and lack the ability to engage issues. Shouldnt this be an avenue for them to insist that since the name change is happening on the premise of democracy, then the name change should occur in a democratic way.

By the way, thought UNILAG students were posh? Atleast that is the hype, these pictures say otherwise...lol....just saying
my guy b4 u post think, yes i cant go 2 ur OWN house and change tins without ur concept bt d school in question belong 2 d FG and dey can change d name or any oda tin if dey like, its theirs. Or are you telling me dat, if your boss(dats if u ve ever work b4) want 2 do or change anytin in HIS company, he MUST ve ur concepts and permissn, try protest and u wil b push out of d company premises like bag of sardine. D FG ve d rite 2 change/sell anytin it own for e.g most houses in ikoyi and most part of Nig ve been sold by FG, most sector of our economy ve been privatise by obj. Dey dnt need ur go ahead atall, once dey ve agreed as a body (FG), next is just 2 hear it on NTA news, dsame tin apply 2 every organisatn/institutn.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by sammirano: 11:18pm On May 30, 2012
Johnsinia:
my guy b4 u post think, yes i cant go 2 ur OWN house and change tins without ur concept bt d school in question belong 2 d FG and dey can change d name or any oda tin if dey like, its theirs. Or are you telling me dat, if your boss(dats if u ve ever work b4) want 2 do or change anytin in HIS company, he MUST ve ur concepts and permissn, try protest and u wil b push out of d company premises like bag of sardine. D FG ve d rite 2 change/sell anytin it own for e.g most houses in ikoyi and most part of Nig ve been sold by FG, most sector of our economy ve been privatise by obj. Dey dnt need ur go ahead atall, once dey ve agreed as a body (FG), next is just 2 hear it on NTA news, dsame tin apply 2 every organisatn/institutn.

tell them.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by smsgrouper: 3:11am On May 31, 2012
Abeg wats dis issue of they don't want to be called MAU babes.these children are just foolish and annoying.how can we develop in this country with these foolish children in our 3rd best university in Nigeria?
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by Bboybanj(m): 4:01am On May 31, 2012
greall1: I don't knw why people stressing them self of the issue changin school name. moshood kashimawo abiola is one of our heroes past with good reputations. If u don't like d school name withdraw frm d school shikena
if they want to remember him why not name him after 1 of does newly acredited universities. Why unilag? Unilag, a name tht comand respect. A name that has been here 4 ages. All i can say is that mr.president lack good advicers.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by Soludo11: 7:02am On May 31, 2012
GEJ- ''It has come to d notice of the Gorvernment that the students of d newly renamed MAU are sincerely happy for the new development and have taking to the streets in form of carnival and dance parties.For this singular reason,I have decided that henceforth,all the students will now go to lectures on black and white uniforms while we still make consultations on what uniforms that will match the lecturers''
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by crimo4us(m): 7:02am On May 31, 2012
[quote author=Danka7777]

What do you expect, they are yorubas. Synonymous with dirty and unattractive people! [/quote. You are a foolish fool. May thunder fire you for writing such nonsense.
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by chukwudozi(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Partying,showbizism,ashewoism,aristoism,cultism are unilag's trademarks . . . . . .nothing more !

Where don't we hav all that u av listed?
Re: Pix's: MAU Babes (formerly UNILAG Babes) Protest Change Of Institution's Name by akanezek: 9:02am On May 31, 2012
Unilag student are whth their aluta spirit, they have the right to accept and reject. So let Gej return back the name of their school for the sake of peace and tranquility.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Improve My Maths? / Kaduna State University Graduates First Pharmacy Students (Photos) / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.