Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? (27328 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / Why Do Yoruba Guys Marry Igbo Girls? / Igbo Girls . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by mimifonwon(f): 7:11am On Jun 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

keep switching. Infact tomorrow, your father can even be Hausa.
Lots of you on NL with nefarious agenda. Na today?

i beg i no get your time, go sleep, your brain need the rest, it is very clear you have exhausted its usage for today already.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2012
mimifonwon:
i beg i no get your time, go sleep, your brain need the rest, it is very clear you have exhausted its usage for today already.

It's not your fault. To lie about your identity constantly on NL must be hard.
Child, continue with your thread jor, I'll send a Yoruba man your way since we're going to continue pretending that you're female. I hope your Igbo bros no vex.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by mimifonwon(f): 7:28am On Jun 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

It's not your fault. To lie about your identity constantly on NL must be hard.
Child, continue with your thread jor, I'll send a Yoruba man your way since we're going to continue pretending that you're female. I hope your Igbo bros no vex.

satan please get behind me, please quote me where i lied, i know what i said, and if you want to twist my words to make your life more existing go on ahead. I dont have time for fools. Plus who are you for me to lie to, you are insignificant.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2012
mimifonwon:

satan please get behind me, please quote me where i lied, i know what i said, and if you want to twist my words to make your life more existing go on ahead. I dont have time for fools.

Before your father turns to Bini, I just want you to know that I'm Satan's advocate, not Satan herself.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by mimifonwon(f): 7:31am On Jun 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Before your father turns to Bini, I just want you to know that I'm Satan's advocate, not Satan herself.

I should of known, and since you claim i supposedly lied, please show me where i lied. You cannot because you are satan.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by mimifonwon(f): 7:44am On Jun 06, 2012
Obiagu1: Interesting . . .

Bí a bá rí òkú ìkà nílẹ̀, tí a fi ẹsẹ̀ tá; ìkà-á di méji. se eyẹlé fi ẹ̀sín-in rẹ̀ pamọ́, ó ńṣe ẹ̀sín adìẹ. Who ever conjured that first line about my dad being igbo, i pray for you, and hope it made your life better trying to smear other people's image, i guess you are so miserable that all you have is this NL. Unfortunately for you i dont play with my character or image being smeared in anyway, ye nnom ensa a wo se shirt, mtcheww.
A kì í fi àìmọ̀nà dá pàdé-m̀-pàdé.Adìẹ́ yẹ̀gẹ̀, a ṣe bí ó ṣubú. Abi-Aṣiwèrè ló bí ìyá ọ̀bọ, Ayídóborí tafà sókè: ojú Olúwaá tó wọn.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 06, 2012
mimifonwon:

Bí a bá rí òkú ìkà nílẹ̀, tí a fi ẹsẹ̀ tá; ìkà-á di méji. se eyẹlé fi ẹ̀sín-in rẹ̀ pamọ́, ó ńṣe ẹ̀sín adìẹ. Who ever conjured that first line about my dad being igbo, i pray for you, and hope it made your life better trying to smear other people's image, i guess you are so miserable that all you have is this NL. Unfortunately for you i dont play with my character or image being smeared in anyway, ye nnom ensa a wo se shirt, mtcheww.
A kì í fi àìmọ̀nà dá pàdé-m̀-pàdé.Adìẹ́ yẹ̀gẹ̀, a ṣe bí ó ṣubú. Abi-Aṣiwèrè ló bí ìyá ọ̀bọ, Ayídóborí tafà sókè: ojú Olúwaá tó wọn.

Bla bla bla. . . . Obiagu is a surgeon outside of NL, just so you know. He has more than NL.
I'll send a Yoruba man your way to beat that savage market woman attitude out of you. . . . beat as in metaphorically, nothing physical.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 06, 2012
mimifonwon:

i feel sorry for you, for as you saw i never wrote that, everyone who joined this trend before you and ur partner, will attest to that fact, so you and your partner in crime i feel sorry for you two.Even if i wrote and edited it, there is no way i could edit other peoples quote, especially those who copied the post as i wrote it. So do your own research and stop following blindly, for you might enter a place of no return and find yourself in a situation you wouldnt want to be in. just remember that eni tí ó ṣe ìbàjẹ́ èèyàn-án ṣe ìbàjẹ́ ara-a rẹ̀. As for your your so called obiagu, uza oku di na kpofu, chetawaka okuku mmanya n'egbu amaghi na enwere nnanwuruede ara n'apu. I have said my own.ho ha!!!

My partner in crime, Obiagu, is my 47th husband, if you care to know. And you call me a tribalist.
Imma need you to stop writing jargon in Yoruba, stick to your father's language (He's Igbo this time, aiight).

Fix yourself before you wreck yourself, girl. It's not good for a Lady to lie about her identity.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2012
tpia@:

yes, na so you go chop till they sprinkle something inside food for you.

Stop maligning people unnecessarily simply because you're looking for a yoruba man to matchmake with your female tribesmember from anywhere. Its annoying and you should fear karma.

You need to have your emotions in check sometimes, and accept the fact that no one is flawless. My intention was not to bash anybody(I have a lot of respect for all ethnic groups and see their differences as beautiful).

This is where I quit.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 06, 2012
mbatuku2:

You need to have your emotions in check sometimes, and accept the fact that no one is flawless. My intention was not to bash anybody[b](I have a lot of respect for all ethnic groups and see their differences as beautiful).[/b]

This is where I quit.

Wow, that Yoruba chic must be feeding you something.
Nchara, na you dey post this?
Maybe you havent had your portion of apku this week. Funmilayo must be stuffing you up with "oily soup".

Now we need to find mimifunwere a Yoruba kongi. Where is shymmex when you really need him.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 8:24am On Jun 06, 2012
sweet Lord!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by mimifonwon(f): 8:26am On Jun 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

My partner in crime, Obiagu, is my 47th husband, if you care to know. And you call me a tribalist.
Imma need you to stop writing jargon in Yoruba, stick to your father's language (He's Igbo this time, aiight).

Fix yourself before you wreck yourself, girl. It's not good for a Lady to lie about her identity.

I should have known that only a bitter, worthless and empty agadinwanyi could conjure up such sadistic stories about someone they dont even know. And for me speaking proper yoruba, i will not stop, as it is quite clear that if your are a yoruba girl that you dont even know half of alphabet in your language, talk about your own praise poetry, what a lost child. I speak my traditional languages with pride, so

Onye ihe'm ndi we iwe
Ya biko we gbue ya
Osuko osu nwamgbi yabiko sugbue ya
Ya biko we gbue ya
Osuko osu nwangbi yabiko sugbue ya

For the sake of your offsprings, please fall back you dont know me, and never will. Dont envy me because i have what you will never have. Whether my father is igbo or not is none of your business, my father is a proud ijebu-igbo man as my mother an ngwa woman, so i love my heritage. So my dear fall back and go do your runs in another place, because am not the one to come at like that, if you think you sabi thrash person, welcome to the worst of both words, and i dont think you have truly met a true ngwa woman,let alone an ijebu born one. Be warned, am not these young men you play and talk any how to, dont let my innocent face fool you, am worst than a viper, dont tempt me. With that said Good night, and may God help that child you are raising with a parent like you.Remember inú búburú, oògùn òṣì.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by tpia5: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2012
mimifonwon:

umm i beg to differ, i am part of both cultures and from what i have seen its the opposite for yoruba- they value beauty a lot, over character, i might be wrong, but based on my observation thats what i have seen.
yes, you're very wrong. Even a non-nigerian who has never met any nigerian, will tell you the same.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by mimifonwon(f): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
who deleted my last post towards ileke-idi, and why? @V_official, personally i think that girl was just growing too much wings and i didnt say anything horrible, i just wanted to warn her to keep from bearing false witness against people, because i dont like people playing expensive jokes like that. Yeah i know people will say you need to have tough skin on NL, and that is the problem with nigerians, letting anyone say or do anything. Unfortunately am very fast to anger and dont like people lying with my name.#justsaying
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by aljharem(m): 12:46pm On Jun 06, 2012
mimifonwon:

lmaooo, are you serious, well my dad said my mom was the most beautiful woman he ever saw the first time he met her in uni, and very down to earth, and very intelligent. As for fulanis, my dear go check your books again cuz they would marry you asap if you promise to take good care of them. Please dont try to give them a culture they dont practice-maybe the ones you approached didnt find you charming enough, but you so called fact is either true to only you or just exaggeration. if we continue questioning who prefers marrying this and that we will get no where. i brought the topic up, as part of my fieldwork on tribalism. I love culture and everything about it, good and bad, for they are the things that shape and make us who we are today.

Ok ma, but you just confrimed with I said earlier with your post. I would tell you categorically because I am a Yoruba man and please don't put a veil over people's eyes here. A yoruba man would marry anything in skirts so long as she is human. Igbo women have good qualities but again they are easy going more than their Yoruba and Northern counterparts.

Also I would like you to ask your mother, why she married your father so we/you can get a feel of what is going on.

You cannot come here and try to paint a picture that Yoruba men marry Igbo women because of their awesome qualities because that is a lie. I have those that are mixed in my family as well (half Yoruba half hausa) (half yoruba half ijaw) (half yoruba and half igbo) (half nigerian half another country). Looking at that spread one can conclude it is not specified to Igbo women or a form of segregation of Yoruba women.

The women in my family are married to Edo, Itsekiri, Hausa, fulani and even Ibibio. I am not talking of the nuclear family here but very extended family. Also take into account that I am a lagosian and lagos house the Highest Igbo concentration in the world of 60 % of 18 million people which amount to 10.8 million Igbos most of which are men doing business.

You find Yoruba men and Igbo women marry each other more not because of the quality of yoruba men or igbo women (average anyway) but because one would marry anything and the other is easy going.

There are rare instances where yoruba women marry Igbo men but again as I have told you before that they demand some standards couple with their Igbo men counterpart that are also proud in nature thus they have conflicting interests (basically ego clash).
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 12:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
we have diverse stories, they are action packed... filled with suspense and direct from people's mind... i think this NL has many untapped wealth.

@mimi... ur cute face can really be scary when 'transmitted' in letters smiley i think i should mind my profile tongue... dont descend on me O0h... :S
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by aljharem(m): 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2012
V_Official®:
we have diverse stories, they are action packed... filled with suspense and direct from people's mind... i think this NL has many untapped wealth.

@mimi... ur cute face can really be scary when 'transmitted' in letters smiley i think i should mind my profile tongue... dont descend on me O0h... :S

LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin
quite funny but shit happens (even on NL) we just have to get over it..
I also get enraged buh..... we shouldnt get angry over every insult inner' here, lets catch fun...

Please, refer me to funny threads @all..
Danke Shön
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2012
ileke-idi and mimifonwon
come here and embrace each other oooo
let Naira 'oneness' continue... coz i'm thinking of inviting both of you to my birthday party tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by aljharem(m): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2012
V_Official®:

quite funny but shit happens (even on NL) we just have to get over it..
I also get enraged buh..... we shouldnt get angry over every insult inner' here, lets catch fun...

Please, refer me to funny threads @all..
Danke Shön

No wahala my brother, you should visit political section more often trust me you go laugh tire grin grin grin

Although I must warn you it is very ethnic orientated and lack little objectivity from the posters. It is not for the faint hearted at all !!! I am serious wink

Culture is fun as well and so is food section
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2012
alj harem:

No wahala my brother, you should visit political section more often trust me you go laugh tire grin grin grin

Although I must warn you it is very ethnic orientated and lack little objectivity from the posters. It is not for the faint hearted at all !!! I am serious wink

Culture is fun as well and so is food section
Thanks man... food tongue
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
tut mir leid!! never gotn any PM in my mail, dunno y
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by aljharem(m): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2012
V_Official®:

Thanks man... food tongue
grin grin grin good choice wink
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by OneNaira6: 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Divorce is low in Igbo land because of the " Do death do us part" pledge they live by. Are you saying that if Igbo women wanted to leave, they can just leave? No. such animalistic and prehistoric behavior is the reason why Igbo women seek other men, i.e Yoruba men. I feel sorry for igbo men once Yoruba men starts traveling and living in the SE enmass.

Like others have said, Yoruba men marry anyone because culture is not as restrict on men to not marry outside. just as you don't see Hausa/Fulani men marrying Igbo women as much, you don't see Igbo men marrying Yoruba men as much. How that became a problem is what I'd like to know

Once again, I still believe that the main question is why Yoruba women look MidWest rather than SE when they need to marry from other tribes. Apart from Igbo men's tribalism due to Biafra-Nigerian war, why else do Yoruba women side step them?

I.e we've read more complaints about Igbo men saying Yoruba families don't want her to marry an Igbo man on this NL. It's not by force to get into an intertribal marriage o.

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin I tell ya, if I start bringing out Igbo women quotes when they had a discussion on marriage on Facebook and topic, this ileke-idi girl go cry well wellu. They've spoken for themselves all over the internet, just because not many of them are NL member does not mean una need to spread false information about them. Haba, even on NL, on old threads when Igbo women dey for here, na you fight am to tell am they want yoruba men more than igbo men despite them disagreeing with you highly, na you fight Igbo men to tell am Igbo women no want am. Ogini kwa, n'ka bu na by force na by force. LMFAO. It is good to dream so carry on Ileke-idi. The way you talk when concerning Inter-tribal marriage pesin go think igbo women and yoruba men marriage surpasses that of Igbo women and other related ethnic groups like ijo, ibibio, efik. Na wa oo!!! for chest-beating with no head or tail but if it makes you feel better, more power to you. ROFLMFAO grin grin grin

Last bolded: The only person talking about Igbo men seeking Yoruba women but Yoruba women refusing is you ooo!!! As you can see every Igbo man on this thread pretty much just spoke their part. I don't get why you are trying to force this down our throat when we already spoke on it. It is good to dream sha even when reality is staring you in face as long as it makes you feel better.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by OneNaira6: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2012
Onlytruth: Na wa o. I'm surprised that a lot of Igbo guys here are not saying the ultimate truth about why there are less Igbo men marrying Yoruba women.

I even saw Ileke-Idi claiming that it is because Yoruba women don't like Igbo men. lol undecided
If I have never been to Yorubaland, I would not have known better.

The simple reason why there are more Yoruba men marrying Igbo women than Igbo men marrying Yoruba women is because Ig[b]bo men are HIGHLY Igbo (or Eastern Nigeria) focused while picking wives. A wife is a HUGE DEAL for an Igbo man. It is even hard to convince an Igbo man to marry a Bini sef talk less of marrying further westward. FACT.
Igbo men simply love Igbo women (especially the ones raised in Igboland). Period.
If they miss Igbo women, they go for Akwa/Cross river, or Rivers babes. Ultimate truth.[/b]
Several of my relations in Lagos dated Yoruba women for many years, but still headed back to Nnewi and environ to pick their wives. The poor Yoruba babes felt used and dumped. cry
The Igbo men even side step Igbo girls born and raised in Lagos. Yes it is like that! sad

Like Odenidgbo-Aroli said, the Igbo women marrying Yoruba men are the ones who were born and raised in Lagos or Yorubaland, and I would add that they are those who couldn't find Igbo husbands (those who were side- stepped by their tribes men). FACT.
An Igbo girl born and raised in Lagos who marries an Igbo man is VERY lucky(most of them want to, but can't find Igbo husbands) because it is rare. I have a few female relations (cousins) who were born and raised in Lagos, who are still single (in their mid thirties now). One out of desperation married a guy from kwara state( some 5 years ago), while her senior sister is still single even now. undecided

I don't have an opinion about whether it is right or wrong for people to be choosy in picking spouses.
We should only state facts so that people can find TRUE solutions to their problems.

We all said this and Afam4eva summarized everything.

As for the side step: Imo opinion it has more to do with attitude than simply being a lagos/city born chick, if so Asaba, Enugu and even out of Nigeria Igbo women would have a hard time finding a spouse. Take a look at Genevive Nnaji, the woman beauty is ageless yet because of her terrible reputation, even though she cleaned up her image, still she's having a hard time finding a spouse. Its a shame to know she's waiting for an Igbo spouse. I personally do not see that becoming a reality anytime soon. Take a look at Vanessa Obonna, her sister, and even Tonto Dike, the three females even though they are fine die (excluding tonto), finding an Igbo spouse would be an impossible task for am. Few years ago during my mother's visit to US, I was watching some show with my family and the victoria secret commercial came on, my younger sister pointed out Oluchi and told my mother "she's Nigerian, she's Igbo, she's so cool" the next thing my mother did was point to oluchi again turned to my younger sister and said the following words "Unless she marries an oyinbo or a non-Igbo or a non-Asabian this girl would have a difficult time finding a spouse, don't follow her step". I of course mentioned she's married to an oyinbo and my mother nodded her head in agreement and told my sister "she's not cool, don't follow her steps". In conclusion to the story, it has more to do with attitude than simply being a lagos chick. Girls like Fifi Isiwu Umenyiora (born in Enugu, raised in Lagos) wouldn't have a hard time finding a spouse while her sister on the other hand would.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by aljharem(m): 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
SMH imagine someone saying their women marry Yoruba men out of desperation. The last time I checked there are still Igbo men all over "Yorubaland" which you all claim to be 70 % Igbos. Moreover the trains, planes buses and cars are still there for them to take back to the east if they want an Igbo man so why do they settle with Yoruba men ?

My brothers that is NO desperation if not we are in turn saying minifonwon's mother was desperate and I know that was not the case. Unlike you tribal goons here, I for one would marry whoever I choose so long as she is human. I have dated Ibibio, Igbos, Yorubas, Urhobo, Ijaw and Ikwerres.

I could have married anyone of them regardless of her tribe or ethnicity. That is how an AVERAGE YORUBA PERSON IS PROGRAMMED. We don't bleeping (sorry for the language) care where you are from or your ethnicity because we are one being in the sight of the Almighty who created the slaves and the kings.

I am sorry to say but tribe and ethnic group of where the wife comes from is for you Igbos to worry about NOT YORUBAS. Thanks

Also would appreciate if you stop calling yoruba tribal because it is silly. Just cause the women don't fine you attractive for marriage does not mean they are tribalist or anything. People need to bleeping grow up.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by VOfficialR(m): 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2012
i actually never imagined its g'on take this turn. like seriously... i thought its only uncivilized/ local peeps that care much about these stuffs. i'm sure u guys' comment wasnt pre- empted by any family 'mu-shu'. who care if she's from mars, so far she fits in well. some of us with reservation is just coz our decisions might affect our loved ones... not that we give a hoot about whatever.
O ma gosh!!! i was recently thinking of even dating a 'witch' or a marmaid tongue n... u guys are here talking about food.. n sh*... 'm sure tz background sha... why wont we be taken as slaves when we talk 1830 in 2012. only God knows how it was then...
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by odumchi: 10:43pm On Jun 06, 2012
This is just a general warning to everyone:

...cool down with the verbal abuse.

Since, I'm here I might as well contribute to the topic. I personally know two examples of inter-ethnic marriages. The first was between a former neighbor/family friend of mine and a Yoruba guy from the West. The woman and her husband currently live in Lagos and have two male children who are both fluent in Yoruba and Igbo. In addition to this, the woman and her children visit home as often as possible.

The second example happened at Igbo mass rather humourously. Mass was over, and as the priest came to read aloud the announcements, a woman, who wanted to introduce her new husband to the congregation, stepped up to the pulpit with the guy. The priest, thinking he was an Igbo man, said, "Kee ka I mere" (how are you doing) and the guy stood there awkwardly wondering what the hell was going on grin. His wife finally whispered the meaning into his ear and he responded with an embarrassed "Beeni" (fine) lol.

Anyway, the point of this is that I've seen examples of Yoruba man married to Igbo women, but I've not personally seen any examples of the opposite. I personally think that Yoruba men marry Igbo women more than the opposite, but I can be wrong. This is definately no issue to pop a blood vessel over.

Enjoy the thread! cool
Re: Why Do Yoruba Guys Mostly Marry Igbo Girls Than Vice Versa? by aljharem(m): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2012
odumchi: This is just a general warning to everyone:

...cool down with the verbal abuse.

Since, I'm here I might as well contribute to the topic. I personally know two examples of inter-ethnic marriages. The first was between a former neighbor/family friend of mine and a Yoruba guy from the West. The woman and her husband currently live in Lagos and have two male children who are both fluent in Yoruba and Igbo. In addition to this, the woman and her children visit home as often as possible.

The second example happened at Igbo mass rather humourously. Mass was over, and as the priest came to read aloud the announcements, a woman, who wanted to introduce her new husband to the congregation, stepped up to the pulpit with the guy. The priest, thinking he was an Igbo man, said, "Kee ka I mere" (how are you doing) and the guy stood there awkwardly wondering what the hell was going on grin. His wife finally whispered the meaning into his ear and he responded with an embarrassed "Beeni" (fine) lol.

Anyway, the point of this is that I've seen examples of Yoruba man married to Igbo women, but I've not personally seen any examples of the opposite. I personally think that Yoruba men marry Igbo women more than the opposite, but I can be wrong. This is definately no issue to pop a blood vessel over.

Enjoy the thread! cool

Very mature response, although I am wondering why you deleted One Naira's comment. He is simply airing his views.

I must say, it is NOT an issue (so I thought) until Nairaland tries to twist and turn stories like kids they are. I wonder what sort of man would marry his wife based on her ethnic group. That is the most unreasonable thinking I have ever heard.

Well Nairaland there you have it. I hope you talk to One NAIRA Nri priest and co before they start dancing around in circles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Olubadan-In-Council Declares Eze Ndigbo Illegal / Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture / Would You Marry An Osu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.