Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,989 members, 7,866,716 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? (752 Views)

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / Help!! I Cant Have A Stable Relationship / Why do many ladies prefer a salary earner to a budding entrepreneur? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 30, 2012
PS, this isn't my story - it was culled from a blog.. I'm just putting it out there before the usual clowns jump on this, and run away with the idea that it's shymmex' story. cool

I just watched the 'Fab Five (University of Michigan)' basketball team's documentary again.. And for those who have never heard about them, I'll give a brief story about these guys.

The Fab Five was the nickname for a 1991 University of Michigan men's basketball team recruitment class that is considered by some to be "the greatest class ever recruited." The class consisted of Detroit natives Chris Webber and Jalen Rose, Chicago native Juwan Howard, and Texas high school basketball stars Jimmy King and Ray Jackson. At first, only three of the freshmen started for the 1991–92 Michigan Wolverines men's basketball team. Although they all played when the season opened on December 2, 1991 against the University of Detroit, they did not all play at the same time until December 7 against Eastern Michigan and did not start regularly until February 9, 1992. In that first game starting together as a regular unit, the five freshmen scored all the team's points against Notre Dame. They started as a unit in all but one of the remaining games for the season. They reached the 1992 and 1993 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship games as both freshmen and sophomores, while starting a combined 304 of a possible 350 games.

I remember Jalen Rose saying: "Well, certain schools recruit a typical kind of player whether the world admits it or not. And Duke is one of those schools. They recruit black players from polished families, accomplished families. And that’s fine. That’s okay. But when you’re an inner-city kid playing in a public school league, you know that certain schools aren’t going to recruit you."

Every time I remember what Jalen Rose said, it always bring back bad memories..Being from almost a similar background as Jalen Rose, I hated certain schools growing because they never admitted people like me. I was from the rejected part of town - a place no one wanted to associate with (yet in the same city).. I used to feel inferior, when I meet kids from middle-class families - who could speak proper English, not the Jamaican influenced English I speak (though I sound very polished now but still sound 'black' in a good way). Kids who lead the kind of life I only see on my smashed black and white TV. I envied them in a good way, and I wanted everything they had.

I felt I was more gifted than these kids from the other side of town, and would outdo them in every aspect of life (if given the opportunity) - but no one gave me a chance to prove myself..I exhibited my intelligence, and intellect on the streets. I did the crime but never got caught. Because I knew it was think before you act, and be safe - or think after you have acted, and regret it for the rest of your life.. I hated myself, my life, and everything around me... I was angry at the world - and I still have some trickled down anger problems right now.. I just couldn't understand why my parents could leave their home country, to live in this mess.. A slum, where rejected people live - and we were all from similar backgrounds (immigrants from Nigeria and Ghana).. Every time I asked my parents why they preferred to leave their country for this mess - they always tell me, life wasn't greener on the other side.. Childhood was crazy, and teenage life wasn't better neither - but I went against all odds, did what I had to do, and got myself in a better situation...

Every time I reminisce the horrors of childhood, I still can't understand why certain people bring kids into this world to suffer.. I don't want to see any kid go through what those in the inner-city go through.. I don't like seeing kids suffer - but I still can't grasp why people chose to continue the vicious cycle.. Every time I go back to the place I grew up, and I see little kids from single parent homes, on benefit running around - I always feel sad..

Why can't people grow a brain, and break the vicious cycle??

Why can't we stand up and be counted?

But who am I to judge people?? Each to their own..
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 30, 2012
Opinions people - leggo!! cool
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by slimyem: 9:38pm On May 30, 2012
where is the romance??
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 30, 2012
slimyem: where is the romance??

You again?? How moist are you now??

Romance is when the guy sticks his long johns into the girl's bottomless pit - and they have a kid they can't raise the right way.

Are you happy now?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by slimyem: 10:22pm On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

You again?? How moist are you now??

Romance is when the guy sticks his long johns into the girl's bottomless pit - and they have a kid they can't raise the right way.

Are you happy now?
@bolded...that's how watery your own definition of romance is...huh? cheesycheesy
btw,could you please point out or highlight any hint of romance in the original post?
Otherwise,this belongs in the family section mister!cheesycheesy
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 10:24pm On May 30, 2012
slimyem: @bolded...that's how watery your own definition of romance is...huh? cheesycheesy
btw,could you please point out or highlight any hint of romance in the original post?
Otherwise,this belongs in the family section mister!cheesycheesy

It belongs to both sections, woman.
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by slimyem: 10:35pm On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

It belongs to both sections, woman.
.....and that's why its been here 30 mins and plus before i pitied you and helped you donate comments..huh?
cheesy
anyways,i'm done being nice!
Cheers!cheesycheesy
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by bittyend(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2012
^Are you in love with ol'boy?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by slimyem: 10:57pm On May 30, 2012
bittyend: ^Are you in love with ol'boy?
love fire!
Pssssh!cheesycheesy
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by bittyend(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2012
slimyem: love fire!
Pssssh!cheesycheesy

What's ya pum pum size?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by slimyem: 11:08pm On May 30, 2012
bittyend:

What's ya pum pum size?
ya pum pum size!
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by bittyend(m): 12:15am On May 31, 2012
slimyem: ya pum pum size!

I don't have a pum pum, girlie..

Ok, what's ya buque size?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Mynd44: 5:10am On May 31, 2012
What's the obsession with Slimyem? Seriously she is right, the story has noting to do with romance
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Nobody: 5:23am On May 31, 2012
Mynd_44: What's the obsession with Slimyem? Seriously she is right, the story has noting to do with romance

How do people make kids without romance?
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by luckgames(m): 1:49pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

Just F her
No Kissing
No touching from the head to toes
Re: Why Have A Kid If You Aren't A Middle-Earner Nor In A Stable Relationship?? by Mynd44: 7:34pm On May 31, 2012
shymmex:

IVF

(1) (Reply)

Brothers And Sisters On NL.. Pls I Need Ur Advice / Training A Girl U Want To Marry, How Viable Is It? / Why A Lot Of Our Women Are Still Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.