Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,908 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (19643 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / More Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Benin-ore Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 12:00am On May 31, 2012
Abagworo:

The quality of works in Rivers is so high and requires so much patience. I went to Owerri the other time and the Governor has already completed several road projects in 1 year but[b] I just looked at them and laughed.[/b]

Not good enough?
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by jason123: 12:01am On May 31, 2012
Alhaji, you done disappear again? SMH!
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Nobody: 12:08am On May 31, 2012
This Monorail stuff is nothing more than a white elephant project that will be abandoned as soon as Amaechi leaves office.....it's like an open secret na!
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by ak47mann(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2012
not bad..
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Nobody: 10:10am On May 31, 2012
Nigeria is going places:from Air-conditioned pedestrian bridge to overhead monorail.I think we need a suspension bridge next . grin Poor man,you are on your own !
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Skoopy(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2012
otokx: They can use dedicated generators to produce electricity as they do to the street lights.
just an avenue of stealing tax payers money, if you are aware of the amount spent on diesels just to power those street lights, you'll be astonish.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by greenhope(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2012
OMO this is the next Dubai so every one should watch out for this state.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by ade80: 10:21am On May 31, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria is going places:from Air-conditioned pedestrian bridge to overhead monorail.I think we need [b]a suspension bridge [/b]next . grin Poor man,you are on your own !

Fashola is already on that
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by gegee(m): 10:23am On May 31, 2012
well we can only hope and pray it gets finished and in goodtime too
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by ommohgyahooco: 10:26am On May 31, 2012
God will bless all the Governors that are really working,,,you people will not loose your reward
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Nobody: 10:31am On May 31, 2012
FOR ME, HE WAS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE BUNCH OF POLITICIANS WE HAVE NOW.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by gulfer: 10:32am On May 31, 2012
alj harem: good, cool

this is what we need in Nigeria,

Stop the planning and announcements and start working
Good to know that while some thieves are stealing the masses blind, some like rotimi ameachi, akpabio and BRF are in competition to improve their states infrastructures. Commendable is the word!
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by gulfer: 10:32am On May 31, 2012
alj harem: good, cool

this is what we need in Nigeria,

Stop the planning and announcements and start working
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by onyengbu: 10:33am On May 31, 2012
Some certain group of people dont seem to be very happy with this project.

They are trying sooo hard not to voice it out and im trying to see if I can help them do it. grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by olyivy(f): 10:37am On May 31, 2012
jmaine: Personality disorder tongue

What happened to those pictures? Are you on strike or have you reached your nairaland quota of pictorial expression?
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by abeleon(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2012
i believe Fashola has a similar project going on in Lagos. how far with his own? any pictures?
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by hardywaltz(m): 10:56am On May 31, 2012
Op pls stop telling lies. This project is an abandoned project, the foreign partners have since pulled out, CRA can keep deceiving himself, if it has taken him 5yrs to construct 2km (from Jami motors to UTC - a walkable distance) of the proposed rail to about 50% completion when does he hope to complete the remaining 50% of the 2km stretch he has started, bearing in mind that the proposed rail is supposed to run for 40km.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by siaco(m): 10:58am On May 31, 2012
Abagworo:

The quality of works in Rivers is so high and requires so much patience. I went to Owerri the other time and the Governor has already completed several road projects in 1 year but I just looked at them and laughed.
what is quality in rivers state project; is it the Nta/chioba rd, or okporo rd/artillery junction road drainage that did not take water wen it rains. Pls this govt is a scam n sooner than later we will c it all.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by merije1010(m): 10:59am On May 31, 2012
Dat's good
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by hardywaltz(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2012
The most annoying part of this project is the demolition cost, already first bank, Union bank, afri bank, and conoil filling stations have been demolished and huge sums payed as compensation. On Aba road he intends to demolish structures he doesn't have the powers to demolish (Nigerian Stock Exchange; FRSC, federal mortgage bank, NDDC) not to mention over 25 banks and several other buildings along its route. This project is a white and black stripped elephant project.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by gulfer: 11:10am On May 31, 2012
Abagworo:

The quality of works in Rivers is so high and requires so much patience. I went to Owerri the other time and the Governor has already completed several road projects in 1 year but I just looked at them and laughed.
Did u say you need much PATIENCE.... grin He should go and request from GEJ................ grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Nobody: 11:12am On May 31, 2012
dis is a silly joke....train max speed is 70km/hr? Stupid train! When trains developed in europe and asia are moving @ 320km/hr... I wonder who is d manufacturer of dis train! Perhaps Innoson grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by Nobody: 11:14am On May 31, 2012
so what happens to the dental hopital newly rennovated at garrison when they get there, demolishion?, what of all the but stop he put along that aba road.

will he also demolish govt craft centre, all those banks at aba road, nddc building, all the bank at GRA junction, including presidential hotels, what of the military hospital.

each time i pass this project i just laugh in swahili
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by icez: 11:15am On May 31, 2012
onye_ngbu*:
Some certain group of people dont seem to be very happy with this project.

They are trying sooo hard not to voice it out and im trying to see if I can help them do it. grin

Who? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by SkyBlue1: 11:15am On May 31, 2012
wise_many2k: dis is a silly joke....train max speed is 70km/hr? Stupid train! When trains developed in europe and asia are moving @ 320km/hr... I wonder who is d manufacturer of dis train! Perhaps Innoson grin

This is THE DUMBEST critique this project has received, please stop embarassing yourself. This is an INTRACITY system, not for long distance travel but within city commute.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by icez: 11:16am On May 31, 2012
Sky Blue:

This is THE DUMBEST critique this project has received, please stop embarassing yourself. This is an INTRACITY tram system, not for long distance travel but within city commute.

+100000
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by initiate: 11:18am On May 31, 2012
i think we should encourage a leader that wants to improve the lot of his people, and also powers that be should not truncate it. if we have this kind of facility around lagos/ikoyi/vi life would be so much better. the advance countries that we admire today started from somewhere, and its never too late to start.

on a lighter note, this goes to prove that something good can come from naija delta, so lets not lose hope in jonathan
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by hardywaltz(m): 11:18am On May 31, 2012
aguiyi: so what happens to the dental hopital newly rennovated at garrison when they get there, demolishion?, what of all the but stop he put along that aba road.

will he also demolish govt craft centre, all those banks at aba road, nddc building, all the bank at GRA junction, including presidential hotels, what of the military hospital.

each time i pass this project i just laugh in swahili
My broda thank you very much, I forgot to mention Bori camp, Airforce etc
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by stagger: 11:19am On May 31, 2012
Please I need this project to be completed. The last time I went to PH, the traffic was a nightmare. From the pictures, I cannot see much progress on this project. Oga Action Governor, abeg make second term fever no catch you o! The trend gas always been work for four years, use it to get votes for second term and then chop the money for four years.

So please Gov Amaechi, do not tow the line of your predecessor. Get the contractors to hasten work and complete all projects.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by SkyBlue1: 11:21am On May 31, 2012
On a similar note, Amaechi NEEDS to finish this project before he leaves office. No point investing all the effort to leave behind ruins as vestiges of some failed promise. Amaechi needs to conclude this project and focus on the developments in his state.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by kaeto(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2012
otokx: Its does appear not to be a real PPP as the private partners appear to a front for an ex military governor and as such have neither the financial muscle nor technical expertise. The whole thing needs intensive prayers as we said earlier.
ex sole administrator of rivers state, cap. ANTHONY EKPO.
Re: Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail by aneldaking(m): 11:47am On May 31, 2012
jason123:

Apart from the unnecessary space they take, overhead trains prevents traffic obstruction cause by the trains passing through a busy road.
na wa o 9ja pple una 2 complain.if dey dnt tak any move 2 do diz u wil say no hope 4 train cuming bk in dis country again nw dey r making d move u r nw complaining sum even said may b its ther grand children dat wil benefit it ah ah haba u guyz shld try nd b positive 4 1nce despit d slow pace of d projet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogun Gov, Tinubu Express Grief As Ex-deputy Gov, Ogunleye Dies / Nigerian Army Says Operation Positive Identification Is Fake / Twitter An Agent Of Division In Nigeria – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.