Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite (23015 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2012
lilkech:
they took from us . . . GOOD
didnt we take from them also ? and do you also want us to calculate who took the most from the other ?
a wah o
this particular thread concerns God and you are the one blowing horns up and down that you do not know or believe (aka. You are ignorant of) the same bible which the SLAVE MASTERS gave your fore-fathers.
if not for those same 'SLAVE MASTERS', what business would your fore-fathers have had with the rest of the world ?
Japan, china, import . . . etc, if not for the same slave masters would your generation have got any clue what the above words mean ?
WHO SEND YOU MESSAGE ? why the comparism ?
Brainwashed ignoramus that believes Africans were slaves before the white men came... you better do some more studying.. Africans had a language, government, history and were quite brilliant in their own way...
Are you saying there were no markets/business before the white men came? You need a cane to your ass...
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by PastorAIO: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
plaetton:

Of all the commandments in the bible such as loving your neighbor, being considerate of others,charity as the greatest virtue,the numbskull and his father before him, chose snake charming as their favourite biblical injuction.
The word of god, the word of god. The word of god has once again run Amok.

@pukkah: And I assume that you understand religion! People who understand religon tend to avoid it like a snake.

How many christian denominations do you know that is based on the Loving your neighbour part? If it is not Tithe Tithe Tithe from morning to night, Then it is Saturday Sabbath and Kosher Law. If it is not Babbling in 'tongues' from Morning to Night then it is Walking Bare foot on Holy Ground.

Allow them o jare! Unless you do not know a church that doesn't pick on some obscure verse in the Bible to base it's own uniqueness on.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
Pukkah:

Can anyone see God? shocked shocked

You do realize that according to the Bible, someone wrestled with God and it was a draw. Then God proceeded to handicap the fellow by magically causing a strain on his thigh but still couldn't win. Oh and this guy said he saw God's face too.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ea7(m): 5:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
@thehomer From the left corner...a master liar, father of a Genocidal country and a shepherd...JACOB!!!
From the right corner...the ridiculously inept omnipotent, genocidal, fornicating(via holy ghost), lying thieving, racist(against whites and blacks) omniscient-not as cool as Kratos-YAHWEH!!!
Hrs later.
Oh my, it seems to be a draw, both men er gods er... Have fought to a standstill, eh whats this, Yahweh used expelliamus on Jacob's hip. Oh the cheating bastar.d. Oh.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ea7(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
@thehomer From the left corner...a master liar, father of a Genocidal country and a shepherd...JACOB!!!
From the right corner...the ridiculously inept omnipotent, genocidal, fornicating(via holy ghost), lying thieving, racist(against whites and blacks) omniscient-not as cool as Kratos-YAHWEH!!!
Hrs later.
Oh my, it seems to be a draw, both men er gods er... Have fought to a standstill, eh whats this, Yahweh used expelliamus on Jacob's hip. Oh the cheating bastar.d. Oh. Yahweh's looking at me, I cant see his face just his backparts, He's coming closer he's abo
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
ea7: @thehomer From the left corner...a master liar, father of a Genocidal country and a shepherd...JACOB!!!
Hrs later.
Oh my, it seems to be a draw, both men er gods er... Have fought to a standstill, eh whats this, Yahweh used expelliamus on Jacob's hip. Oh the cheating bastar.d. Oh. Yahweh's looking at me, I cant see his face just his backparts, He's coming closer he's abo

ea7, ea7, EA7 where are you? Are you also wrestling with God? Were you able to see his face? Answer me.
Oh oh, I see someone approaching me. He's walking backwards towards me. He's now back-flipping towards me. He's about to gra
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by KamiLara: 5:53pm On Jun 01, 2012
thehomer:

I don't see why I should have done that.

Faith has certain rules?

Pray tell us what these rules are

and how to tell that we're following
these rules.

@thehomer

Of course its your prerogative to cherry pick

You commented on most of the submission but and did not consider the part in question

which obviously was convenient for you to ignore or feign noticing.

"Faith has certain rules?" you're asking

Is that a feign ignorance or a honest truth head–scratching

"Pray tell us what the[/u]se [u]rules are" I bet you want to know and said that with a smirk

"Pray . . ." Pftt grin

Make no mistake faith like every other thing has rules

Your body follow rules, abuse the rules your body goes into shut down mode, if not self destruct

There are different elements, shades, sizes, grades, degrees, spheres etc of faith

It takes a measurable amount of faith, for you to set off to work earlier today believing you'll get there in one piece

Different to the one just mentioned above, is another faith. Peter walking on water.

Had Peter stuck to the rules. Trust me he wouldn't have fallen
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by harakiri(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Atheists please stop making fun of this incident - use this to remind yourselves not to try and prove the Big Bang theory by placing knockout in your mouth

Actually, the big b.a.n.g theory has religious folks as it's major proponents. There are Atheists who are proponents of evolution theories and there are Atheists who aren't bothered e.g myself but i do know that the big b.a.n.g theory makes more sense than a dumb biblical fable that tells you that you were created when a bored deity blew air into sand and thus you came to life.

So many dumb stories in that book. Now, another zombie has died for his "beliefs".

HE DIED FOR WHAT HE BELIEVED IN!!!

This is classic man!

Roflmao grin grin cheesy
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ea7(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
@thehomer I escaped. I kicked his divine balls and escaped. Are you safe as we-
Note- Ea7 was dragged off to hell by a horde of demons. Seems they couldn't wait for his death. Signed Jesus.H.Christ
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 7:18pm On Jun 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Brainwashed ignoramus

? ? ?

are you logicboy's alter ego ?

anyhow sha . . . you are welcome

musKeeto:
that believes Africans were slaves before the white men came

can you please point to the exact spot where i allegedly made such a statement

musKeeto: you better do some more studying.. Africans had a language, government, history and were quite brilliant in their own way...
Are you saying there were no markets/business before the white men came? You need a cane to your ass...

yes they had a language. I wonder why you abandoned it for the SLAVE MASTERS ENGLISH along with us christians. They also worshipped idols then, since you do not worship God today why dont you worship those same idols that your fathers did ?

abi to worship as a whole don tire you ?

Also did your fore-fathers do business within themselves/their community(barter) or did they import and export from asia/america/europe at that particular time ?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
lilkech:
? ? ?

are you logicboy's alter ego ?

anyhow sha . . . you are welcome
Thank you..

lilkech:
can you please point to the exact spot where i allegedly made such a statement

if not for those same 'SLAVE MASTERS', what business would your fore-fathers have had with the rest of the world ?
Japan, china, import . . . etc, if not for the same slave masters would your generation have got any clue what the above words mean ?

Was inferred from the above statements made by you... and there are countries in this world doing very well without the English language.. mind you...

lilkech:
yes they had a language. I wonder why you abandoned it for the SLAVE MASTERS ENGLISH along with us christians. They also worshipped idols then, since you do not worship God today why dont you worship those same idols that your fathers did ?
abi to worship as a whole don tire you ?
And in what way did I abandon my language? Shows how shallow your reasoning is...

lilkech:
Also did your fore-fathers do business within themselves/their community(barter) or did they import and export from asia/america/europe at that particular time ?
And when I call you a brainwashed ignoramus that has no inkling how his forefathers survived before the 'white' man came, you'd blame me... mscheew....
READ UP.. drop that Bible you read and expand your mind..
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
ea7: @thehomer I escaped. I kicked his divine balls and escaped. Are you safe as we-
Note- Ea7 was dragged off to hell by a horde of demons. Seems they couldn't wait for his death. Signed Jesus.H.Christ

Ha so you're in hell now? I hope you break out of there into heaven and teach Jesus and God a few lessons in wrestling. Just watch out for the magic handicap God likes dishing out. He really doesn't like a fair fight you know.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
KamiLara:

@thehomer

Of course its your prerogative to cherry pick

You commented on most of the submission but and did not consider the part in question

I don't cherry pick. You're welcome to refer me to what you think is the best response you made.

KamiLara:
which obviously was convenient for you to ignore or feign noticing.

"Faith has certain rules?" you're asking

Is that a feign ignorance or a honest truth head–scratching

"Pray tell us what the[/u]se [u]rules are" I bet you want to know and said that with a smirk

"Pray . . ." Pftt grin

Sure I said it with a smirk. Are you going to tell us?

KamiLara:
Make no mistake faith like every other thing has rules

Your body follow rules, abuse the rules your body goes into shut down mode, if not self destruct

There are different elements, shades, sizes, grades, degrees, spheres etc of faith

It takes a measurable amount of faith, for you to set off to work earlier today believing you'll get there in one piece

Different to the one just mentioned above, is another faith. Peter walking on water.

Had Peter stuck to the rules. Trust me he wouldn't have fallen

I notice that you didn't really say what these rules are. I'm still waiting.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

Yes, let us calculate. What is the cost of a human life? Compensation for bereavement (negligent death) is £10,000. 12 million slaves from Africa

£120 trillion.

lol . . . where did all these numbers come from ? please try to type english and not BINARY for me, i aint a computer and neither are we trying to calculate how much our government intends to embezzle this year.

and please dont delude yourself, not even you can place a price on any HUMAN'S LIFE.

logicboy:
I was a catholic for 20 years. To claim that I am ignorant of the bible is a huge lie.

EITHER YOU ARE STILL A CATHOLIC OR YOU ARE NOT. or is it that you didnt attend 'bible school' to actually STUDY the bible ?

the bible is not a story or text book that you can study FULLY at home

logicboy:
Erm, who knows? Arabs were also slave trading in the north before European christians came with their slavery.

which one be 'erm' ? shebi you like to talk as if you know all . . . so, please kindly share this little info with us . . .

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE ARABS WERE SLAVE TRADING BEFORE THE CHRISTIANS ?

logicboy:
I dont remember Saudi Arabia colonised or China being a colony of Britain- they tried but failed in China. Why would Nigeria fail just because they werent colonized. Granted, there wouldnt have been "Nigeria" but maybe a small country called Niger-Delta with all the oil and Northerners suffering with no resources.

my eyes hurt . . . this looks like pure gibberish to me

i really do not see any relevance that what you wrote above has with my question posted earlier . . . kindly EXPANTIATE

logicboy:
Err, to highlight the problem in Nigeria not present in UK?

AND EXACTLY WHAT PROBLEMS ARE IN NIGERIA THAT IS NOT FOUND IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ? (this is a trick question, so answer with your BRAIN this time)
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Thank you..

Was inferred from the above statements made by you... and there are countries in this world doing very well without the English language.. mind you...

And in what way did I abandon my language? Shows how shallow your reasoning is...

And when I call you a brainwashed ignoramus that has no inkling how his forefathers survived before the 'white' man came, you'd blame me... mscheew....
READ UP.. drop that Bible you read and expand your mind..

you are just rantin for nothing, i wont be dragged into a debate with you.

re-login as logicboy and maybe we could discuss
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
^^^^ass above me has been raped by a good argument

Run back to where you came from.. you can view my profile and compare with logicboy's... don't be dumb...
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by KamiLara: 8:37pm On Jun 01, 2012
thehomer:

I don't cherry pick. You're welcome to refer me to what you think is the best response you made.

It is not a case of best response

but noticing you shying from responding to the explanation given on how or why the men's faith that worked before over the years abruptly failed

thehomer:

Sure I said it with a smirk. Are you going to tell us?

Already did with the hinting. It's in between the lines,

eye balling and staring at you in the eyes.

Take 2 , here it is again

The rules you put up with earlier today before stepping out to work as previously explained

is different to the rules/set of rules Peter acted and/or reacted to when he walked on water

Remember there are different grains etc of faith

thehomer:

I notice that you didn't really say what these rules are. I'm still waiting..

Why saddle me with that burden?

Dont wait in the future, do a bit of donkey work too.

Excuse the pun; donkey beast of burden grin couldnt resist the chance; naimean
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 8:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
musKeeto: ^^^^ass above me has been raped by a good argument

I CAN NEVER ARGUE WITH A F00L

because he will bring me down to his level and BEAT ME WITH HIS EXPERIENCE

musKeeto:
Run back to where you came from.. you can view my profile and compare with logicboy's... don't be dumb...

i dont need to compare a thing. call your partner to continue his debate with me . . . assuming you tried to debate (and not find an excuse to try and abuse me) maybe we could discuss
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
lilkech:

lol . . . where did all these numbers come from ? please try to type english and not BINARY for me, i aint a computer and neither are we trying to calculate how much our government intends to embezzle this year.

and please dont delude yourself, not even you can place a price on any HUMAN'S LIFE.

Statutory award for bereavement = £10,000 - £11,000 http://www.national-accident-helpline.co.uk/accident-claims/fatal-accidents.html

Number of slaves taken from Transatlantic slave trade = 12 million to America http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1523100.stm

I know that you're ignorant and that's why you dont know these things

lilkech:

EITHER YOU ARE STILL A CATHOLIC OR YOU ARE NOT. or is it that you didnt attend 'bible school' to actually STUDY the bible ?

the bible is not a story or text book that you can study FULLY at home

I am not a catholic but I was for over 2 decades. To try and tell me that I am ignorant about the bible only shows how foolish you are

lilkech:

which one be 'erm' ? shebi you like to talk as if you know all . . . so, please kindly share this little info with us . . .

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THE ARABS WERE SLAVE TRADING BEFORE THE CHRISTIANS ?

I know because I am not ignorant of history, especially Nigerian history like you are (shame on you). Arab muslims were taking slaves from West Africa right from time. Furthermore, you need to read more.

http://africanhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/IslamRoleSlavery01.htm

lilkech:

my eyes hurt . . . this looks like pure gibberish to me

i really do not see any relevance that what you wrote above has with my question posted earlier . . . kindly EXPANTIATE

You need to read it again

lilkech:

AND EXACTLY WHAT PROBLEMS ARE IN NIGERIA THAT IS NOT FOUND IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ? (this is a trick question, so answer with your BRAIN this time)

-A major problem with separation of church and state
-Pastor Happy slaps in public without arrest and conviction for assault. Why did Oyedepo not slap people in UK? Coward!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by thehomer: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2012
KamiLara:

It is not a case of best response

but noticing you shying from responding to the explanation given on how or why the men's faith that worked before over the years abruptly failed

I actually didn't see your response. I just looked over your posts again and noticed that you seem to have placed your own posts in quotes. That is probably why I skipped them. But, I don't understand what you were saying there about electricity being turned off and all that. Could you be clearer?

KamiLara:
Already did with the hinting. It's in between the lines,

eye balling and staring at you in the eyes.

Take 2 , here it is again

The rules you put up with earlier today before stepping out to work as previously explained

is different to the rules/set of rules Peter acted and/or reacted to when he walked on water

Remember there are different grains etc of faith

Why don't you speak plainly? Are you deliberately trying to be misunderstood? That isn't how to have a productive discussion.

KamiLara:
Why saddle me with that burden?

Dont wait in the future, do a bit of donkey work too.

Excuse the pun; donkey beast of burden grin couldnt resist the chance; naimean

How can it be a heavy burden to show that you understand what you're trying to express? Unless of course you have no idea of what you're talking about. Now please tell us what these rules are.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 12:04am On Jun 02, 2012
logicboy:

there are 4 characteristics of human behaviour that i have encountered personally.

There are cases of

people who dont know BUT say that they know

people who dont know AND say that they dont know

people who know BUT say that they dont know

and

people who know AND say that they know

from the above statements i have used my COMMON SENSE to deduce that any further argument with you would be a sweet waste of time

logicboy:

I am not a catholic but I was for over 2 decades. To try and tell me that I am ignorant about the bible only shows how foolish you are

ask yourself this question

WAS I AN ACTIVE CATHOLIC ?

let it not be because we are on NL and i asked that you would immediately run to google the different catholic church societies which you want me to believe that you were a part of then pasting a link for me as evidence cos i dont wanna know, na your mata
logicboy:
I know because I am not ignorant of history, especially Nigerian history like you are (shame on you). Arab muslims were taking slaves from West Africa right from time. Furthermore, you need to read more.

and how did you know about african history? Where did you learn it? Who told you?

was it not the same books that the slave masters introduced to us, same schools, same internet etc (refer to my first post on this thread) did your sponsors make a mistake by sending you to school? They sent you there to broaden your horizons and NOT TO DISREGARD YOUR ROOTS because that is what you are doing, if not at LEAST you would have been an ordinary idol worshiper

were you there when it was happening ? Who 'alive' in this world was there when it was goin on? or was it your fore-fathers that told you? even if by chance one of your fore fathers decided to count and record exactly how many slaves , men or women, adults or children, boys or girls were traded and by which continent or country or religion by what boats or ships and on exactly what months of the year the trades were happening it would never be accurate. this point is not arguable because it is reasoned with common sense (i know that if you run to google now they will show you plenty results for you to READ)

it never occurs to you that the internet is controlled by the same slave masters themselves for whatever purpose they must be using it for right now (the web is used for far more 'stuffs' than you or i can ever understand)

i dont need to open any link you posted here because it would not 'SHOW' me anything i am interested in knowing. to me, 10% of what i READ and 30% of what i SEE on the net is accurate or real. the internet was invented not so long ago and i do not place much hope on what it would do for humanity (religiously) in the near future

THE BIBLE HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE FOR AGES AND IT "RECORDS" SPECIFIC EVENTS WHICH EVEN OUT LIVE THE BIBLE ITSELF. EVEN TO THE BEGINING OF TIME

notice that the bible RECORDS events unlike the big ban.g theory which came later (i know you may want to google out info on fossils that the same SLAVE MASTERS allegedly dug up and computed into google for you to READ)

i can live with believing in the bible even if the same SLAVE MASTERS wrote it and gave it to me because it GIVES MY LIFE A PURPOSE AND MEANING. i cant wake up in the morning everyday thinking that once i die it would be as if everything about my essence just goes 'OFF'. cos thats what atheists believe

the big b.ang theory is what it is . . . A THEORY, unlike the BIBLE which is documented, so it is left for us human beings to use our own COMMON SENSE to take a side on the issue

i have taken mine and you have taken yours. we can never know who took the right or wrong sides in future because it is OUR PERSONAL MATER

so believe what you want to but just imagine that if atheists were finally right . . . then christians dont have anything to lose or gain unlike atheists if the reverse was the case and christians were right (FOOD FOR THOUGHT)
logicboy:
-Pastor Happy slaps in public without arrest and conviction for assault. Why did Oyedepo not slap people in UK?
the UNITED KINGDOM is comprised of many countries and each have their ways, tribes, governments, bounderies etc and they all have their different religions too which also affects their citizens moral culture and in turn affects their decisions towards things in their country and lives

are you trying to tell me that ALL cases of abuse in the UK gets checked? Are you also implying that ALL cases of abuse goes unchecked in nigeria?

once again i urge you to apply common sense to your reasoning in future
logicboy:
Coward!
it was useless of my assessing your mentality. it was almost a SWEET WASTE of my time
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 12:24am On Jun 02, 2012
lilkech:

there are 4 characteristics of human behaviour that i have encountered personally.

There are cases of

and

from the above statements i have used my COMMON SENSE to deduce that any further argument with you would be a sweet waste of time because

let it not be because we are on NL and i asked that you would immediately run to google the different catholic church societies which you want me to believe that you were a part of then pasting a link for me as evidence cos i dont wanna know, na your mata . . . and I AM NOT GOING TO POST ON THIS THREAD AGAIN

and how did you know about african history ? Where did you learn it ? Who told you ?

was it not the same books that the slave masters introduced to us, same schools, same internet etc (refer to my first post on this thread) did your sponsors make a mistake by sending you to school ? They sent you there to broaden your horizons and NOT TO DISREGARD YOUR ROOTS because that is what you are doing, if not at LEAST you would have been an ordinary idol worshiper

were you there when it was happening ? Who 'alive' in this world was there when it was goin on ? or was it your fore-fathers that told you ? even if by chance one of your fore fathers decided to count and record exactly how many slaves , men or women, adults or children, boys or girls were traded and by which continent or country or religion by what boats or ships and on exactly what months of the year the trades were happening it would never be accurate . . . this point is not arguable because it is reasoned with common sense (i know that if you run to google now they will show you plenty results for you to READ)

it never occurs to you that the internet is controlled by the same slave masters themselves for whatever purpose they must be using it for right now (the web is used for far more 'stuffs' than you or i can ever understand)

i dont need to open any link you posted here because it would not 'SHOW' me anything i am interested in knowing . . . to me, 10% of what i READ and 30% of what i SEE on the net is accurate or real. the internet was invented not so long ago and i do not place much hope on what it would do for humanity (religiously) in the near future

THE BIBLE HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE FOR AGES AND IT RECORDS SPECIFIC EVENTS WHICH EVEN OUT LIVE THE BIBLE ITSELF .

i can live with believing in the bible even if the same SLAVE MASTERS wrote it and gave it to me because it GIVES MY LIFE A PURPOSE AND MEANING. i cant wake up in the morning everyday thinking that once i die it would be as if everything about my essence just goes 'OFF' . . . cos thats what atheists believe

the big bang theory is what it is . . . A THEORY just like the BIBLE, so it is left for us human beings to use our own COMMON SENSE to take a side on the issue

i have taken mine and you have taken yours . . . we can never know who took the right or wrong sides in future because it is OUR PERSONAL MATER

so believe what you want to okay

the UNITED KINGDOM is comprised of many countries and each have their ways, tribes, governments, bounderies etc and they all have their different religions too which also affects their citizens moral culture and in turn affects their decisions towards things in their country and lives

are you trying to tell me that ALL cases of abuse in the UK gets checked ? Are you also implying that ALL cases of abuse goes unchecked in nigeria?

it was useless of my assessing your mentality . . . it was almost a SWEET WASTE of my time

i know thehomer & muskeeto are your second 'mouths' on this forum

I should have known that you are insane. Muskeeto saw this earlier. To argue with you is like shouting at a rock.

Keep on being a slave to a religion that enslaved your forefathers and clearly supports slavery.

The next time you are in church, ask yourself three questions;

-Why is Jesus painted white in a country of over 90% black people?
-Why is did God talk to only people in the Middle east/North Africa throughout the bible (Did he forget that civilization started in Africa and that there was Asia and the Americas)
-Why are these ugly verse in the bible;

Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves.

1 Peter 2:18
"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by donezra(m): 12:55am On Jun 02, 2012
Kay 17: But Faith plays a bigger role in all martyrs

Do you know what martyrs means.
Hmm was it that they had faith that they will die, or they had faith that nothing would happen to them.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 02, 2012
lilkech:
There are cases of
and
from the above statements i have used my COMMON SENSE to deduce that any further argument with you would be a sweet waste of time
Lol, your kind of sense is probably not common, probably private... So many words yet no point was made...

lilkech:
let it not be because we are on NL and i asked that you would immediately run to google the different catholic church societies which you want me to believe that you were a part of then pasting a link for me as evidence cos i dont wanna know, na your mata
I don't get you guys. Someone tells you he was Catholic, and you ask if he was an active catholic.. soon, people will be asking if one's an active atheist, active Olumba, active nonsense...
He was Catholic, simple and short...

lilkech:
and how did you know about african history? Where did you learn it? Who told you?
was it not the same books that the slave masters introduced to us, same schools, same internet etc (refer to my first post on this thread) did your sponsors make a mistake by sending you to school? They sent you there to broaden your horizons and NOT TO DISREGARD YOUR ROOTS because that is what you are doing, if not at LEAST you would have been an ordinary idol worshiper
And this is why i call you an ACTIVE brainwashed ignoramus. There are Africans who have written African stories from an African perspective, Chinua Achebe readily comes to mind.. know your history, thou foool, read up.. be free from mental and spiritual slavery..

lilkech:
were you there when it was happening ? Who 'alive' in this world was there when it was goin on? or was it your fore-fathers that told you? even if by chance one of your fore fathers decided to count and record exactly how many slaves , men or women, adults or children, boys or girls were traded and by which continent or country or religion by what boats or ships and on exactly what months of the year the trades were happening it would never be accurate. this point is not arguable because it is reasoned with common sense (i know that if you run to google now they will show you plenty results for you to READ)
The class African man sense.. you ask these questions of hard facts, yet can't muster the courage to ask them of the Bible? Try the highlighted on the Bible.

lilkech:

i dont need to open any link you posted here because it would not 'SHOW' me anything i am interested in knowing. to me, 10% of what i READ and 30% of what i SEE on the net is accurate or real. the internet was invented not so long ago and i do not place much hope on what it would do for humanity (religiously) in the near future
Lmao.. even nairaland was created by the white man.. most of what you see on nairaland are fake...

lilkech:
THE BIBLE HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE FOR AGES AND IT "RECORDS" SPECIFIC EVENTS WHICH EVEN OUT LIVE THE BIBLE ITSELF. EVEN TO THE BEGINING OF TIME
notice that the bible RECORDS events unlike the big ban.g theory which came later (i know you may want to google out info on fossils that the same SLAVE MASTERS allegedly dug up and computed into google for you to READ)
I would like an example of these 'SPECIFIC' events... I'm 100% sure you can't give me one example of a specific event that was forecast by the Bible.

lilkech:
i can live with believing in the bible even if the same SLAVE MASTERS wrote it and gave it to me because it GIVES MY LIFE A PURPOSE AND MEANING. i cant wake up in the morning everyday thinking that once i die it would be as if everything about my essence just goes 'OFF'. cos thats what atheists believe
You can sing hymns, pray, believe in all manner of fictional stories.. hell, even the Koran and the Vedas and a few Buddha quotes can give you life a purpose and meaning.
You can believe that there's an afterlife. At the end, we all end up dead.. that's an absolute for everyone, whether religious or not.. So living in a delusion doesn't in anyway make you better off than the atheist bloke across the street.

lilkech:
the big b.ang theory is what it is . . . A THEORY, unlike the BIBLE which is documented, so it is left for us human beings to use our own COMMON SENSE to take a side on the issue
i have taken mine and you have taken yours. we can never know who took the right or wrong sides in future because it is OUR PERSONAL MATER
so believe what you want to but just imagine that if atheists were finally right . . . then christians dont have anything to lose or gain unlike atheists if the reverse was the case and christians were right
[/quot]
Ah.. Pascal's wager...
Christians would have lost a lot if they end up dying and finding no heaven. Imagine all the money they lost in tithes and offerings, that they could have used to answer their prayer points. Imagine the pretty girls they skipped because a sky daddy doesn't like fornication.. imagine how unused their brain would because they were SPIRIT led but BRAIN dead...
E get as things dey happen, devil fit still corner side God, enter heaven.. cheesy

[quote author=lilkech]
Lol, great advice for you...
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ijawkid(m): 7:14am On Jun 02, 2012
logicboy:

Statutory award for bereavement = £10,000 - £11,000 http://www.national-accident-helpline.co.uk/accident-claims/fatal-accidents.html

Number of slaves taken from Transatlantic slave trade = 12 million to America http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1523100.stm

http://africanhistory.about.com/od/slavery/a/IslamRoleSlavery01.htm

You need to read it again

-Pastor Happy slaps in public without arrest and conviction for assault. Why did Oyedepo not slap people in UK? Coward!

Hehehehehe

U forget catholics read d latin vulgate not d bible......lol

So u never understood d bible my bro.......

U worshipped mary,believed in hell fire,purgatory and all d other crap............

Re-learn from d bible.....

Meanwhile frosbel put up a post for u guys u ran away.....

Go to that post and show ur strength not come here arguing with new comers.....

Oya follow me to that post....
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by blisspeace: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Martyrs?
Martyrs do you speak?
Of the persecuted Christians in the government of Constantine?
Of the victims of the Inquisition?
From the Crusades?
Of African slaves?
The extermination of American Indians led by the Catholic Church?
Of innocent children and women killed in the bombing of Guernica?
The outcome of the Franco-Vatican agreement?
Of those killed by the Nazis with the consent of the Vatican?
Of the children abused by Catholic priests in the U.S.?
Sorry, I did not realized, can you explain better?
martyrs!!. Of Steven stoned to death. Of John the baptise beheaded. Of John the beloved skined alive. Of Peter crucified upside down. Of philip also an apostle buried alive. Of Paul and Sailas imprisoned. Of Jesus Christ who died for our sins. Of great men and women who died for the truth. You can give examples with Annanais and Sapheras and call them Martyrs.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 9:37am On Jun 02, 2012
ijawkid:

Hehehehehe

U forget catholics read d latin vulgate not d bible......lol

So u never understood d bible my bro.......

U worshipped mary,believed in hell fire,purgatory and all d other crap............

Re-learn from d bible.....

Meanwhile frosbel put up a post for u guys u ran away.....

Go to that post and show ur strength not come here arguing with new comers.....

Oya follow me to that post....

Ode, catholics read the bible. The very bible you use was compiled by catholics. Ignorance
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ezicat: 2:13am On Jun 03, 2012
Okay - I will weigh in. I'll start with saying that I'm not religious. I believe I'm not religious because I'm logical and when you apply logic to the bible (and pretty much any religious book I guess), it tends to fall apart. For example, there are some pretty morally repugnant things in the old testament (and the new one for that matter); the issue of slavery has already been brought up time and time again; there were also the massacres committed by the Isrealites. All of which were allegedly sanctioned by God?

If religious books are taught for what I believe them to be - man trying to make sense of the world around him; man subscribing to the supernatural things he didn't understand - then that's a different story. People would understand that these books are subject to errors, and improper instruction; and therefore something that can be constantly improved upon and changed. Unfortunately, a lot of religious people believe them to be the undisputable word of God.

Then there is the world around us right now - are the most religious countries the safest? the happiest? the least corrupt? Hmmm. Interestingly - you find the opposite - they appear to be the most fanatical, the most judgemental, the most toxic. There is something inherently wrong with that. Take Nigeria as a prime example. Heck, take most of Africa, the middle east, parts of Asia.

Having said that - when you do strip religion down to its basic essentials, it is primarily about love. But humans being humans corrupt everything they touch. If a drug turns 90 % of the people who take it into illogical zombies and 10 % into superheros, I would still want it banned. From what I've seen, the pros of religions are far far outweighed by its cons, at least in the life here on earth, which is all we are sure of.

Still, I don't think people should be ridiculed or insulted for what they believe in as religion does give a lot of people the strength to persevere during hardships (of course some would argue that the more people logically apply themselves, the less hardships they would have to deal with. And I agree. Take disease for example - a lot more people seem to have been saved with medicine than with prayer - with the advent of modern medicine, wasn't the last bacterial plague over a 100 years ago? (Viruses, you're next!) Can Christianity say the same?). Still, ridicule makes people defensive. There are religious people who are perfectly capable of applying themselves logically in their careers and interpersonal interactions. Let's focus on and encourage that.

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by FXKing2012(m): 9:21am On Jun 04, 2012
You shld not try God
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol, your kind of sense is probably not common, probably private... So many words yet no point was made...

I don't get you guys. Someone tells you he was Catholic, and you ask if he was an active catholic.. soon, people will be asking if one's an active atheist, active Olumba, active nonsense...
He was Catholic, simple and short...

And this is why i call you an ACTIVE brainwashed ignoramus. There are Africans who have written African stories from an African perspective, Chinua Achebe readily comes to mind.. know your history, thou foool, read up.. be free from mental and spiritual slavery..

The class African man sense.. you ask these questions of hard facts, yet can't muster the courage to ask them of the Bible? Try the highlighted on the Bible.

Lmao.. even nairaland was created by the white man.. most of what you see on nairaland are fake...

I would like an example of these 'SPECIFIC' events... I'm 100% sure you can't give me one example of a specific event that was forecast by the Bible.

You can sing hymns, pray, believe in all manner of fictional stories.. hell, even the Koran and the Vedas and a few Buddha quotes can give you life a purpose and meaning.
You can believe that there's an afterlife. At the end, we all end up dead.. that's an absolute for everyone, whether religious or not.. So living in a delusion doesn't in anyway make you better off than the atheist bloke across the street.

besides eternity, Man has alway had d craving to rely on a superior being. Science has proven faith to be therapeutic. I don't care the religion u practice, but hold unto something. I'm sticking with d science folks though, and believing in Jehovah God.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 2:48pm On Jun 04, 2012
elvisimeh: besides eternity, Man has alway had d craving to rely on a superior being. Science has proven faith to be therapeutic. I don't care the religion u practice, but hold unto something. I'm sticking with d science folks though, and believing in Jehovah God.

Yes, but the supreme being is another man. This time, Nigerian christians don't worship Jesus, they worship a white man. Jesus probably looked Arab but they paint Jesus as a white European in their churches.

Furthermore, some parts of science negates the creation story told by many religions. Evolution states that we evolved from other animals. We were not created
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by elvisimeh(m): 12:02am On Jun 05, 2012
logicboy:

Yes, but the supreme being is another man. This time, Nigerian christians don't worship Jesus, they worship a white man. Jesus probably looked Arab but they paint Jesus as a white European in their churches.

Furthermore, some parts of science negates the creation story told by many religions. Evolution states that we evolved from other animals. We were not created
to begin with, my religion is void of idols, my religion is based on faith(in the word of God), so the last thing that cross my mind is the color of Jesus' skin or the shape of his head, so please dnt make assumption. Secondly, as controversial as d creation story is, it's more credible than evolution, evolution is laughable, in fact it is bull crap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Revenge: Are You For Or Against? / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 170
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.