Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite (23010 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Pastor Dies On The Altar After Leading Prayer / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by buzugee(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2012
logicboy:

God can suck ma d1ck
what are ya Gay now ? i always knew you had a lil sugar in your tank. i bet you wear pink tight jeans too, dontcha ?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2012
logicboy:

But it is true! christianity came with slavery and colonization to Nigeria. Nigeria was never a christian country

i hope the above is not your reason for being an atheist

and please lets name some other things that came with the oyibo's and THEIR slavery ? . . . clothes, standard houses, roads, condoms, cars, boats, planes, phones, pc's . . . even the ENGLISH language which you are posting with here all came from them.

You make use of ALL THE GIFTS they brought here but dont regard their bible. Why dont u currently wear sack cloth and animal skin, trek to and from north to south then speak one '+%₹¤§' language as your fore fathers did ? Why did u even try to go to school to think like the oyibo's ? dont you detest them for bringing THEIR bible to your country ?

if this isn't classic hypocritical behaviour then i wonder what is

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 31, 2012
JeSoul:
I think we need to stop confusing faith with foolishness.

There is no confusion. When faith is taken to its logical(or should I say illogica)conclusion, then it becomes apparent just how silly it is.

"15 He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”"

And right after he said these words, he defied gravity and went up to the mothership

19 After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20 Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by buzugee(m): 10:12pm On May 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
I think you have already fallen into the precipice.
The precipice of ignorance.
grin grin
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ifeci: 10:13pm On May 31, 2012
God can suck ma d1ck

I will tell u a story because ur case is more than we think. the story goes thus;

In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend.....
The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:

"My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You.."
She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full "

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,
the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken .

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by 2good(m): 10:16pm On May 31, 2012
ifeci:

I will tell u a story because ur case is more than we think. the story goes thus;

The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:

She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full "

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,
the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken .

Are you still circulating this old propaganda? I read this almost 10 years ago. gosh!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 31, 2012
stagger:
What is faith?

The religious kind of faith is the steadfast belief in the supernatural despite evidence to the contrary.

stagger:
When is "faith" actually stupidity in disguise?

Most of the time.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 31, 2012
ifeci:

Tales by moonlight.
Did you hear about miracle that happened? The whole house burned down but the bible was intact........or maybe it was the quran.....anyway, the holy book came out unscathed.........insha allah, praise jesus
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ifeci: 10:18pm On May 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
You are challenging, and wishing evil.
What's more, then try to lie and say it was not assault or threaten his intention.
You committed a sin!

Repent!
Or you will burn in eternal hellfire!
Alleluia!

just watch urself, ur already erupting like a hypocrite. Can u re-read this post and make sense out of it? i thought u were a sane fellow. u r acting a little lunatic, are sure u r alright?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 10:21pm On May 31, 2012
ifeci:

just watch urself, ur already erupting like a hypocrite. Can u re-read this post and make sense out of it? i thought u were a sane fellow. u r acting a little lunatic, are sure u r alright?

how-oh-how could you have thought that you were communicating with him ?

he is just here to propagate more traffic for seun
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 10:23pm On May 31, 2012
lilkech:

and please lets name some other things that came with the oyibo's and THEIR slavery ? . . . clothes, standard houses, roads, condoms, cars, boats, planes, phones, pc's . . . even the ENGLISH language which you are posting with here all came from them.

You make use of ALL THE GIFTS they brought here but dont regard their bible. Why dont u currently wear sack cloth and animal skin, trek to and from north to south then speak one '+%₹¤§' language as your fore fathers did ? Why did u even try to go to school to think like the oyibo's ? dont you detest them for bringing THEIR bible to your country ?

Ode. Stockholm syndrome, so because a kidnapper gives you food, the kidnapper is now good and should not be arrested?

Christianity supported European slavery. I wll never forget that evn if I live in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 10:23pm On May 31, 2012
ifeci:

This na super storrryyyyy!
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 10:25pm On May 31, 2012
buzugee: what are ya Gay now ? i always knew you had a lil sugar in your tank. i bet you wear pink tight jeans too, dontcha ?

Ode, see this guy daydreaming and fantasizing about young boyz in tight jeans.

I am not gay.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ifyalways(f): 10:25pm On May 31, 2012
Was he trying to tame or play with the viper
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by loskally(m): 10:27pm On May 31, 2012
hahaha i de laf o.at diz deluded failure religion nawa o.i go laf pass whn da so cald son of mary,de claim nd incanate az dia God. gladly denaiy dem un dat last day.de claim de belive in da bible, nd jesus as dia lord nd parsonal sevior.bt mejority scrapd nd nvr bilivd in diz bible verse.dis is jst an example 2 da wise among dem.if dem like mek dem continue.de go c denyn tin nw.lol Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And
these signs shall follow them
that believe: In my name shall
they cast out devils; they shall
speak with new tongues. They
shall take up serpents; and if
they drink any deadly thing, it
shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they
shall recover."
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ifeci: 10:29pm On May 31, 2012
lilkech:

grin grin

Logicboy:Ode. Stockholm syndrome, so because a kidnapper gives you food, the kidnapper is now good and should not be arrested?

Christianity supported European slavery. I wll never forget that evn if I live in Europe.

@logic boy,

that was a real sucker punch! he really made fun of u on that one above. shocked
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by vingar: 10:33pm On May 31, 2012
mazaje: Religion always wins. . . .Christians are now throwing the bible under the bus. . .

Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The guy out of his faith followed what the bible said and it failed him as always. . .Now the people here are just blabbing any how. . .The same people will talk about extra ordinary healing like their god rising people from the dead etc but when you tell ask them about clear cut healing, like healing of amputees and restoring their amputated limbs back the same goons will begin to blab. . .religion always wins. . .People will always provide excuses for their god even when his alleged word fails. . . .Religion is pure delusion. .
shut stinkin mouth u bastard, how many of ur deluded mallam ever paform miracle
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by lilkech(m): 10:36pm On May 31, 2012
logicboy:

Ode. Stockholm syndrome, so because a kidnapper gives you food, the kidnapper is now good and should not be arrested?

if d oyibo's brought 50% of their all to us in africa, we took 49% of it from them. maybe the 1% is the bible . . . but know that 'WE DON TAKE BE SAY WE DON TAKE'

logicboy:

yet you dress, eat, work, relax, travel like a christian (oyibo slave trade master) . why have you forgotten your atheist roots ?

and plz dnt abuse me anymore abeg . . . i take 'your life' beg u
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by nairakobo1: 10:41pm On May 31, 2012
mazaje: Religion always wins. . . .Christians are now throwing the bible under the bus. . .

Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

The guy out of his faith followed what the bible said and it failed him as always. . .Now the people here are just blabbing any how. . .The same people will talk about extra ordinary healing like their god rising people from the dead etc but when you tell ask them about clear cut healing, like healing of amputees and restoring their amputated limbs back the same goons will begin to blab. . .religion always wins. . .People will always provide excuses for their god even when his alleged word fails. . . .Religion is pure delusion. .
the simple reason lies with the fact that: 'you should not put the Lord thy God to test'. Remember the temptation of Jesus Christ after fasting for 40 days and nights? That he should fall from a high place and be held by angels? God never ever does anything without a Good reason.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ifeci: 10:41pm On May 31, 2012
logicboy u need special deliverance, ur case aint minor, u r going nutts wit ur beleifs
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by ifeci: 10:43pm On May 31, 2012
the simple reason lies with the fact that: 'you should not put the Lord thy God to test'. Remember the temptation of Jesus Christ after fasting for 40 days and nights? That he should fall from a high place and be held by angels? God never ever does anything without a Good reason.

Thank you naira&kobo! u r on point! mk them understand
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by vingar: 10:47pm On May 31, 2012
loskally: hahaha i de laf o.at diz deluded failure religion nawa o.i go laf pass whn da so cald son of mary,de claim nd incanate az dia God. gladly denaiy dem un dat last day.de claim de belive in da bible, nd jesus as dia lord nd parsonal sevior.bt mejority scrapd nd nvr bilivd in diz bible verse.dis is jst an example 2 da wise among dem.if dem like mek dem continue.de go c denyn tin nw.lol Mark 16: 17-18 reads, "And
these signs shall follow them
that believe: In my name shall
they cast out devils; they shall
speak with new tongues. They
shall take up serpents; and if
they drink any deadly thing, it
shall not hurt them; they shall
lay hands on the sick, and they
shall recover."
dat bastard call mohammad he can't even withstand Ilaija.lemi u mohd his just a ass fucker and that's what he has tout u hypocrat muslem
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 31, 2012
He may hav acted out of ignorance, or faith, one can never really tell. There's a VERY THIN line between faith & foolishness. Its like taking a big risk in business. If u succeed, u are smart but if it doesn't work out, then you are regarded as a foolish person. So i wouldn't blame the guy so much. Like someone said, he died for what he believed in. All i can say is, R.I.P.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Horlawoomey(m): 10:51pm On May 31, 2012
The Pastor is the dumbest person in the world angryThe Pastor is the dumbest person in the world
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 31, 2012
naira&kobo:

jesus told his followers that they could handle snakes in mark 16, but he was talking to the devil when he said, "thou shall not put the lord bla bla bla".

So why use one sentence from one situation to defend an entirely different situation?
Don't you people put your lord to the test anytime you pray and challenge him for blessings?

1 Like

Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 31, 2012
Horlawoomey: The Pastor is the dumbest person in the world

He had faith. You should emulate him.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by logicboy: 10:54pm On May 31, 2012
lilkech:

if d oyibo's brought 50% of their all to us in africa, we took 49% of it from them. maybe the 1% is the bible . . . but know that 'WE DON TAKE BE SAY WE DON TAKE'

yet you dress, eat, work, relax, travel like a christian (oyibo slave trade master) . why have you forgotten your atheist roots ?

and plz dnt abuse me anymore abeg . . . i take 'your life' beg u

Oyinbo took more than they could give. Can they replace the slaves they took or the oil they have stolen or the culture they have destroyed?

I dont dress like a priest. Britian is a secular country and Europe is very secular. Nigeria has less than 1% atheists, britain about 15-20%
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 31, 2012
vingar: shut stinkin mouth u bastard, how many of ur deluded mallam ever paform miracle

Calm down. Jesus is frowning at you right now and wagging his finger.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by iammodel(m): 10:57pm On May 31, 2012
This is neither faith nor belief but foolishness. When satan tempted Jesus, he even quoted from The Holy Bible inorder to deceive Him but He resisted. It's just like being miraculously saved from a ghastly motor & you running into a high speeding vehicle to test ur faith...All yea atheists may GOD have mercy on ur souls. If GOD does not exist why does HE have a name? The truth is that in all times man has always believed dat there is a supernatural being greater dan himself & HE's been known by different names by different people. He is supreme. If you believe there's devil, then you should belief there's GOD. God is SUPREME. It is u who does not believe dat has problems.He's no respecter of anybody & He'll never force you to serve Him, d choice is yours & the price is eternity.
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by shadrach77: 11:00pm On May 31, 2012
as a christian, i believe the man was extremely foolish. Didn't he read 'thou shall not tempt the Lord your God' in his bible? who pulled such a stunt in the bible by deliberately tempting God? angry angry angry
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 31, 2012
i_am_model: ...All yea atheists may GOD have mercy on ur souls. If GOD does not exist why does HE have a name?.....

Seriously?
Re: 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 31, 2012
shadrach77: as a christian, i believe the man was extremely foolish. Didn't he read 'thou shall not tempt the Lord your God' in his bible? who pulled such a stunt in the bible by deliberately tempting God? angry angry angry

Jesus was talking to the devil only. Y'all are free to perform signs and wonders.....with snakes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede / Worshipers Fight At AIPCA Church In Kenya Over Who Should Lead Day's Service / The Seventh Day Adventist Church: What Do You Know About Them?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.