Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

"Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland (10524 Views)

Why Do You Follow The Nairalander(s) You Are Following? / Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / Board Following & Member Following: New Nairaland Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mcnepow(m): 8:44pm On May 31, 2012
freecocoa: But if i don't reply the email nko?

And OMG,I just checked and too many people are following me,do they all have access to my email address?
CocoaLet, keep quiet n enjoy d following joooor tongue
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Yorisb: 8:44pm On May 31, 2012
Seun:
Yes. The "Followers" link on the header shows you all your followers so you can view their profiles and follow them back.

@Seun

Is it possible to delete/remove all (or some of) my followers?

2 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 31, 2012
[size=18pt]nairatweet........ Ok na good one [/size] wink

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Goshen360(m): 8:48pm On May 31, 2012
"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the LORD your God is giving you. Deut 16:20

Follow the way of love (Charity) and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 1 Cor. 14:1

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. 1 Cor. 11:1

3 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:49pm On May 31, 2012
Seun:
Nobody has access to your email address, not even moderators. Followers cannot even PM you directly, unless you follow them back.
*Heaves a sigh of relief*

I for say o.cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by lifestyle1(m): 8:54pm On May 31, 2012
Mr seun, Can you add a pm feature ? undecided
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:55pm On May 31, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Sounds like "stalking" to me.

That is what it is
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 31, 2012
Yorisb:

@Seun

Is it possible to delete/remove all (or some of) my followers?

Seun thanks for answering this.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Yorisb: 9:04pm On May 31, 2012
life_style: Mr seun, Can you add a pm feature ? undecided

Why
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dayokanu(m): 9:05pm On May 31, 2012
Mr follow follow
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by fizokey(m): 9:12pm On May 31, 2012
emmysenior: Ideas mks the world go round. Thumbs up.

Yep!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by fizokey(m): 9:13pm On May 31, 2012
Goshen360: "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."

Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the LORD your God is giving you. Deut 16:20

Follow the way of love (Charity) and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. 1 Cor. 14:1

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. 1 Cor. 11:1

Lol....funny guy!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 31, 2012
hmm i think i will be following em em ok mr anon and the logicboy grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ibide(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2012
Modrator realy do use to my mail box agian
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by lifestyle1(m): 9:16pm On May 31, 2012
onila: I know everybody will be following me smiley cool. .I appreciate the love nairalanders
the blessed Onila

why ? and who are you if i may ask ? undecided
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Ibime(m): 9:19pm On May 31, 2012
To avoid those voluminous and annoying emails that "Mukina has posted a new topic", I am unfollowing all my followees, and it will remain that way until I receive assurance that my mailbox will not be flooded with emails telling me about new posts my followees make.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Hemanwel(m): 9:20pm On May 31, 2012
I still dnt undastand hw 2 use som of d features on NL.I signd up since March n it waz nt until 2dayz ago i knew hw 2 post a new topic,after sevral atempts.D drift iz NL Homepage iz nt so self-xplanatory.All these PM's n membership folowin ur talkin abt sounds nebulous to me.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by lilkech(m): 9:26pm On May 31, 2012
9ice
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by lilkech(m): 9:28pm On May 31, 2012
seun try to make nairaland app available on iphone, android, bb, symbian, java and 3310

so that if i post it will show "via iphone" under my signature. lets pull small swags on this forum.

as u don copy twitter dey 'follow-follow' 4 nairaland make we kuku dey poke join

abi e nor dey possible?

2 Likes

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by aieromon(m): 9:28pm On May 31, 2012
I'm not interested in this follow-follow thing at all.I liked the fact that I could send mails to my friends seeing that there is no private messages engine here.
You're the boss,so enjoy embarassed
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by mykejones(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2012
Nairaland is getting more complicated by the day.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Donmeca(m): 9:31pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. What do you think?

Why use "her approval" there? Is it supposed to mean dat only ladies can b followed? More like follow any chic u fancy home without toasting her and waiting for her to say yes.
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:32pm On May 31, 2012
Ibime: To avoid those voluminous and annoying emails that "Mukina has posted a new topic", I am unfollowing all my followees, and it will remain that way until I receive assurance that my mailbox will not be flooded with emails telling me about new posts my followees make.
When was the last time you got such an email? New Nairaland doesn't send such mails. Please stop reacting to imaginary problems, sir.

aieromon: I'm not interested in this follow-follow thing at all.I liked the fact that I could send mails to my friends seeing that there is no private messages engine here.
You're the boss,so enjoy embarassed
You can still send mails to your friends. Your friends are following you, right? Then you can mail them without restriction.

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by onila(f): 9:33pm On May 31, 2012
Seun:
When was the last time you got such an email? New Nairaland doesn't send such mails. Please stop reacting to imaginary problems, sir.

grin grin
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by buchi4action(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2012
Tumb up!
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by icon2: 9:36pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics will instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Before this update, you could only send e-mails to moderators and your friends. Now, you can freely send e-mails to moderators and people following you. We also have a new protocol for anonymous e-mail sending, which you'll soon notice. What do you think?

Watch out for more.. NL is growing and advancing... Good job Seun!

1 Like

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by dont8(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2012
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by ejifranks(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2012
Seun: I recently announced our "member following" feature, which lets you instantly follow any Nairaland member you fancy without waiting for her approval. I'm pleased to inform you that the "member following" feature has now replaced the former "friendship" feature. You can't add people as "friends" anymore, but you can follow them with or without their permission. When the people you're following post new topics on Nairaland, those topics awill instantly be added to your list of "followed topics".

Before this update, you could only send e-mails to moderators and your friends. Now, you can freely send e-mails to moderators and people following you. We also have a new protocol for anonymous e-mail sending, which you'll soon notice. What do you think?
my opinion is that though this new renovation looks good yet an indepth insigt into it reveals the following:
1. You cant be freinds with everyboday thats reality and for you to cancel the freind add feature makeas it imposishble for one to checkmate the kind of freinds and followers one has cause any tom and harry can now follow and even access your emails without your permission.
2.this would encourage stalking to a large extent as unwanted personalities will now have unrestricted access and also the anonymous email if it is reakg think it would expose users to negative offensive and privacy enchroaching mahls from unscrupulous persons.. Ladies wouldmore to this.
3. I think that a user has the right to sieve the chaff from the main stuff and also be able to choose and checkmate the kind of posts and topics he or she to follows. With this mew package one cant control and avoid childish and carefree topics as everyone your are following automatically adds up to your own followed topic without scrutiny.I rest my case. More power to your elbow
Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by lifestyle1(m): 9:40pm On May 31, 2012
life_style: Mr seun, Can you add a pm feature ? undecided

Re: "Member Following" Replaces "Friending" On Nairaland by scribble: 9:41pm On May 31, 2012
onila: I know everybody will be following me smiley cool. .I appreciate the love nairalanders
the blessed Onila

as long as u keep giving full frontal hugs and post some pix of ya butt once in a while, the love shall remain

switch up the hairdos too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Got The Best!!! Battle Of The Hips [see Photos] / Giveaway Time / How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.