Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Essential Android Apps! - Phones (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Essential Android Apps! (42067 Views)

Essential Android Apps 2016 / Top 6 Android Apps To Stream Live Sports / Best Ways To Download Paid Android Apps For Free: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
ucbrowser is one of the best
you can also resume downloads
and even download more than 1gb file

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Leopantro: 7:20am On Nov 17, 2012
I have to agree about UC web.have tried a lot of downloaders on android and they are all horrible. I downloded an IOS firmware for someone with UC web with my phone.the total file size was 1.080gb and it took 5 hours. have you noticed that downloding with it is faster than downloading with opera mini.however, mine doesn't stop when I minimize it

2 Likes

Re: Essential Android Apps! by BlackBaron: 10:11am On Nov 17, 2012
bush4ker: then wait for henriks to finish the psp emulator grin i cant wait to play god of war . jack and daxter.....

You go wait tire. Prolly a full year before compatibility with other roms.

Besides anyone tried Shadowgun:Deadzone multiplayer? It's damn good.

Re: Essential Android Apps! by bush4ker(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2012
shadowgun deadzone is only for tegra devices cry
Re: Essential Android Apps! by martinkem(m): 11:09am On Nov 17, 2012
bush4ker: shadowgun deadzone is only for tegra devices cry

not anymore, checked it up on Google play and it supports my galaxy s2
Re: Essential Android Apps! by bush4ker(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
owk tanx alot smiley
Re: Essential Android Apps! by bush4ker(m): 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
OMG!! WHAT IS ANDROID TURNING INTO?? A PS3??

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by rainmaker12(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2012
grin maybe a ps4

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Brisingr(m): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
@all am tryin to root gt19100 with a kernel of XWLPU the closest kernel I have seen is the XWLPT can I use this to root the s2?
Re: Essential Android Apps! by bush4ker(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2012
PIRACY!!! BUT THANKS ANYWAY
Re: Essential Android Apps! by francis247(m): 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2012
It's the best all-in-one android offline dictionary on the Google Play
• First and only dictionary on market that support always on-top popup window mode
• Dictionaries work offline, no internet needed
• Word looking-up is instant
• Free dictionary data are available for downloading on Google Play and internet.

Features
• Supports popup mode: dictionaries now can be displayed in a small on-top windows that allow quick searching word while doing other works, such as reading ebooks or surfing web.
- Extremely useful on devices with large screen such as Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, Note II, HTC One X.., or tablets such as Google Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Asus Transformer, Acer Iconia Tab... But also useful for devices with smaller screen
- Popup window can be resized or moved around screen
- Popup window automatically collapses on lost focus and expands on get focus that optimize screen's space for underlay application
• Supports quick search from popular ebook readers, such as FBReader, Moon+ Reader, Cool Reader, ezPDF Reader
- Both full screen mode and popup mode support integration from ebook readers.
• Supports StarDict compatible dictionary
• Supports dictdata from other dictionary apps, such as ColorDict, GoldenDict
• Words suggestion
• Saves search history
• Choose dictionaries to search, re-order dictionaries in search result
• Different dictionaries are displayed in different colors
• Text-to-speech to pronounce words
• Voice recognition for faster input
• Support dictionary resource (accompanied images and sounds)
• Enable pin-to-system-bar to support quick lookup from other apps: just copy words to lookup and touch on FlexiDict icon in notification bar. This mode is disable by default, to enable it, please go to Settings screen.

Supported E-Book Readers:
• FBReader
• Moon+ Reader
• Cool Reader
• ezPDF Reader

Download dictionary data
• Search for "flexidict dictdata" from Google Play store and install dictionaries you need
• From internet: download StarDict data file (.dict/.dict.dz, .ifo and .idx) from internet and copy them to "flexidict" folder on your sdcard root

Data available on Google Play: currently seen a lot of dictdata from 3rd party on Google Play, such as:
• Oxford Advanced Learners' Dictionary
• Concise Oxford English Dictionary
• Longman Contemporary English Dictionary
• English Vietnamese Dictionary
• French Vietnamese Dictionary
• Collins Thesaurus
• American Heritage Dictionary
• Wordnet Offline Dictionary
• Chinese Vietnamese Dictionary
• Cambridge Advanced Learners' Dictionary
• Collins Cobuild English Dictionary
• Korean-Vietnamese Dictionary
• American Idioms 2nd Edition Dictionary
• English Dialects Dictionary
• Russian Vietnamese Dictionary
• any more...

All dictionaries work offline (search very fast)

Re: Essential Android Apps! by BlackBaron: 2:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Rebooting my thread for the Android faithful.

New app updates coming soon.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
waiting patiently
Re: Essential Android Apps! by BlackBaron: 3:03am On Mar 27, 2013
Glovebox (Price:Free)
A brilliant app similar to the multi tasking sidebar features found in new phones, it allows seamless transition between tasks on your android. Favourite apps can be easily launched from your sidebar with the use of just a single finger.

Droid Of The Day - DOTD (Free)
Recently launched app similar to the Apple app store 'free app a day'. Everyday a new 'paid app' is added to be downloaded for free with no conditions attached. Many premium titles has been snagged by droid operators this way without spending a dime. An alternative is App of the Day - 100% Free

Real Racing 3 (Price:Free)
Prolly one of the best racing simulator ever made for android. Graphics are topnotch diced with realistic gameplay. Based on a freemium model, it manages to achieve just the right 'freemium model' balance without forcing you to spend your hard earned cash. Featuring an innovative reality-bending Time Shifted Multiplayer™ (TSM) technology,race with friends and get kicked into another dimension,drive around in a variety of cars from Porsche, Lamborghini, Dodge, Bugatti, and Audi. 5 million downloads and counting, so many can not be wrong. However coming in at a 1GB+, it is no 'lite' game.

FXGuru: Movie FX Drector (Price:Free)
Now you can recreate even better sci-fi scenes than Nollywood using only your phone camera. This app allows you to add special effects to a pre-recorded scene and then add any fx of your choice. Options includes simulating an alien invasion, boulders falling from the sky or a mech running rampage through the streets of Lagos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tztev0Q-CN8

Photoshop Touch (Price:Paid)
A new photo editing suite from industry leader 'Adobe'. Considered to be one of the most powerful photo editors on mobile, it allows heavy customisation of pictures,layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images previously unseen on mobile devices. A 'photoshop-esque' alternative is Snapseed whilst not on the same level is free and suitable for most casual users.

Noozoxide EIZO-ReWire ™ PRO (Price:Free)
Might only appeal to audiophiles - Noozoxide app is a terrific audio modeling processor application for androidable to recreate surround sound, punchy bass and pre-set equalizer settings for movies, games et al. Just make sure to untick stock music player equalizer in your phone settings and plug in your headphones. 'It features several virtual surround options which help to widen the soundstage without sounding too artificial.'

Studio music - Garage Band (Price:Paid)
Recreate or remix music whilst simulating being in a studio environment with musical instruments right in your palms. Comes with keyboard, drums, guitars and other FL studio-esque features. This app is however not the 'kosher deal' but its just enough until release day for the original FL Studio Mobile later in the year.

Real Boxing (Price:Paid)
Boxing fans are in for a treat in this realistic offering by Vivid Games S.A. 'Real Boxing™ brings you the most exhilarating, no holds barred fighting action ever seen on Android, Real Boxing's incredible graphics have been optimized for smartphones and tablets that are powered by the NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor to take you closer to the action than you ever thought possible Con(s): Nvidia Tegra only?

Grooveshark Downloader (Price:Free)
This free app follows up on the no strings attached black market music streaming website Grooveshark. A free alternative to Spotify, this allows you to go one step further and capture song choices directly to your device. (NB; I am not endorsing piracy here o)

Re: Essential Android Apps! by cartini82: 12:39am On May 24, 2013
Re: Essential Android Apps! by mrman2(m): 9:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is nice
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Tnot(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Android users don finish Ni?
This thread no surpose die just like that now.
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Tnot(m): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Keep dropping it guys n let's see what you've got.

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Brisingr(m): 9:16am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Essential Android Apps! by akinlolusewanu9(m): 4:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Nmeri17: 8:51am On Nov 03, 2013
Pls do i need to root my phone before i can use the airtel bis on it

does anyone know of an app that can act as a recycle bin? How come none of the earlier posters mentioned next launcher in their list of 3d wallpapers??
Re: Essential Android Apps! by mechanicaldummie(m): 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nmeri17: Pls do i need to root my phone before i can use the airtel bis on it

does anyone know of an app that can act as a recycle bin? How come none of the earlier posters mentioned next launcher in their list of 3d wallpapers??
Install Dumpster. Its a recycle bin kinda app

1 Like

Re: Essential Android Apps! by Mafia4life(m): 9:55am On Dec 08, 2013
mechanicaldummie:
Install Dumpster. Its a recycle bin kinda app
Why would someone need that? You delete to free up some spaces. You delete, it moves the deleted files to the Bin. There is no point having it
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Xxpress(m): 11:27am On Dec 08, 2013
nice thread
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Floridax(m): 4:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
vlc is the best video player ttpod is the best music player with dirac and dolby hd sound plugin enabled touch pal is my best keyboard why Nova launcher is the best launcher ever
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Richmad: 4:23am On Apr 16, 2020
Can I edit this game with the lucky patcher?
Re: Essential Android Apps! by Beyalos: 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
With the growing popularity of Android, the growth of Android Emulators is significantly amazing. The Android operating system is so good and user-friendly that everyone wishes to have Android with a keyboard and a mouse. For, life would obviously get easier.

There are developers who test the application software, gamers who play on wide screens and designers who would love to have Android as their operating system, however, it is not as easy as said. The possibilities with an Android emulator are endless, which is why everyone who uses a PC on a daily basis wishes to have one.

Just to be clear, an Android Emulator is an AVD or Android Virtual Device. An Android emulator helps run and test applications on your PC. In general, an emulator enables one device or computer (host) to behave like another system or computer (guest).

There are tons of emulators available for users to avail to. However, not all are as great as Bluestacks. Currently, Bluestacks is the best emulator for one’s PC. Just so that you have plenty of options to avail from, we shall provide you with the very best.

So, below here we have shortlisted 5 best Android emulators for your Windows PC or Laptop. Check them out and install the favorite one in your PC to enjoy installing Android apps and games on your PC
Read more from source

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

The Untrustworthiness Of MTN - The New Data Plans / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Check Out Iphone 8 And Iphone 8 Plus Specifications And Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.