Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,936 members, 7,952,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC (21996 Views)

Buhari Tells BBC, Boko Haram: Militants 'close To Defeat'. / Be Ready To Refund Stolen Money, El Rufai Tells PDP / Quit Presidential Race Now! You Are Expired El Rufai Tells Ibb And Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 03, 2012
Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir el-Rufai yesterday alleged the Federal Government of being responsible for the continuous bombing in the Northern states region.

El-Rufai who made this accusation while granting an interview with “BBC” said that government’s involvement was a diversionary measure.

He alleged that Jonathan always ordered Boko Haram to embark on bombings, whenever corruption in his government was about to expose to the masses.

“This will assist the government to change the attention of the masses on the Boko Haram’s activities rather than anxiously waiting to protest or sue the government for corruption” He said.

He recalled that Boko Haram engaged on daily basis bombings when the report of House of Representatives Committee on fuel subsidy came out.

He said,“We have to start accusing the government because anytime we are in this problem, like when the Farouk committee in the House of Representatives came out with its report on the fuel subsidy scam, at that time they started coming out with bombs all over.

“Therefore….we keep on asking the government : ‘ why is it whenever they have problem, that is when those they call Boko Haram will start bombing. Or are they working together?

“They are yet to give us an answer; there are many other things which up till now, there is no explanation. Every Nigerian knows that two years ago, there was rest of mind and he could sleep well at home. But today, there is no rest of mind, things have deteriorated.

“The economy has deteriorated; salaries are delayed in the Federal Civil Service. Since I left Abuja last week, April salary was not paid. That of March was paid in May, even the monthly allocation to states, they were unable to pay. We don’t know where the money is going so the economy is in trouble”.

The former Minister also alleged that the federal government has been receiving $1billion loans on every months.

He urged the masses to visit the website of the Debt Management Office (DMO) to verify his claim.

“We calculated and I wrote on it in the paper, nobody came out to say it is not true. Every month since Jonathan became the President, on the average, every month he takes $1 billion loan.

The Debt Management Office published it, it is a government office. So, I am not just saying it. Even last month, the Federal Government sold bond,”

But reacting to this, the political adviser to the President, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak dismissed the allegation, saying it is callous and unreasonable.

He urged Nigerians not to take the allegations of the former minister seriously as they were baseless and not true.

He described the allegations as “just an outburst from the opposition camp which cannot hold water. It is the figment of his imagination, it is not true.

“Every right thinking person will not listen to that and will never agree with what El-Rufa’i is saying. This is because they are so extreme in their opposition. For example, ministers came out some days ago and they reeled out all the achievements and successes of governments.

“In the next two months, you will see trains shuttling between Lagos and Northern Nigeria, God willing. Everybody knows that road construction is on. Is that not so? Look at the education sector, we have gone far”.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/06/03/jonathan-sponsored-boko-haram-to-cover-up-corruption-el-rufai-tells-bbc/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by homerac7: 10:08am On Jun 03, 2012
wow! This is weighty. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by nuclearboy(m): 10:44am On Jun 03, 2012
It remains a suspicion (albeit not unlikely) that there exists a faction of "boko haram" being sponsored by government!

But even if we can deny that on basis of zero proof aside supposition, we need to ask - how come salaries are not being paid? Even the military had not been paid now and some civil servants are owed 2 months + salaries! What is government doing with money? And why is every corruption case being swept under the carpet?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by 1025: 10:57am On Jun 03, 2012
It remains a suspicion (albeit not unlikely) that there exists a faction of "boko haram" being sponsored by government!

But even if we can deny that on basis of zero proof aside supposition, we need to ask - how come salaries are not being paid? Even the military had not been paid now and some civil servants are owed 2 months + salaries! What is government doing with money? And why is every corruption case being swept under the carpet?

@nuclearboy,
what do u mean no proof and what is proof?
abu qaqa was arrested in a governor's lodge in abuja - pdp gov
senator ndume was indicted by an arrested member and traces of msgs from his phone were made public by mtn - he is pdp.
FG paid N100m to the family of the slain leader of boko haram and N5m to youth corpers killed by boko haram.
henry okah mentioned jonathan in his statement in south africa but leave that one.
pdp chairman only last week told nigerians that boko haram are fighting for justice.
uncle, what other proofs do u want?
jonathan himself on several occasions told us that they know who the sponsors of boko haram are.
joe said they will delete boko haram by june and here we are. it is a time to wait and see.
let no nigerian be biased about the role of boko haram in the polity because i can remember vividly how jonathan arrested Chief Raymond dokpesi over the 1st oct bombing in abuja. dokpesi according to joe was the masterminder. then dokpesi was in the camp of ibb but immediately after his arrest, he declared for jonathan and till today, nobody has mentioned that case again. could it be that the bomber(dokpesi) is now bombing for joe instead of against joe?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by ikee(m): 10:57am On Jun 03, 2012
Hmm, Serious and undeniable allegations, I have know this before especially when henry okah came up with his own side of the story. well let's keep our fingers crossed. according to a yoruba adage, lie may run for 20 yrs but one day truth will catch up with it. Next defendant; reuben Abati

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by deyrock(m): 11:02am On Jun 03, 2012
i can't dat murder fucker, hw can u jst get and accuse somebdy without any evidence. All this muslims sef.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by gtrust: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2012
So sensational but incorrect heading.

El Rufai accussed THE FEDERAL GOV'T and I think that is different from Jonathan.

About the accussation itself, in my opinion, it is childish!
There is something called causation and another called associated and yet another confounding.
If El Rufai is serious, he will take time to give us more facts.
Boko Haram is a serious issue in Nigeria.

It sounded like a primary school boy just talking any how...

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by finguy(m): 11:03am On Jun 03, 2012
El rufai have obviously joined the crack smoking group of politicians. He is a complete asshole and a total disgrace coming from Nigeria. I always knew whe had some mental problems.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 03, 2012
“Every right thinking person will not listen to that and will never agree with what El-Rufa’i is saying. This is because they are so extreme in their opposition. For example, ministers came out some days ago and they reeled out all the achievements and successes of governments.

I am a right thinking nigeRian, and i agree with elrufai on dis issue.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by werepeLeri: 11:07am On Jun 03, 2012
El Rufai - LOL.

Seeking for continued relevance. He just wants to be arrested so GEJ will continue to be ridiculed.

I hear he will be the Secretary of the new party - a merger of ACN and CPC. LOL.
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by akereconfi: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2012
Hmmmmmmm WAHALA dey o........9ja, PDP....i hail thee

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by lacasa: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2012
deyrock: i can't dat murder fucker, hw can u jst get and accuse somebdy without any evidence. All this muslims sef.

Wat has religion got τ̅o do wt this now

Can U̶̲̥̅̊ See Your condemned way of reasoning

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by valencia25(m): 11:10am On Jun 03, 2012
El-Rufai is such a Loser!

Nigerian Commissioner caught sleeping....lol

check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/954049/nigerian-high-commissioner-caught-sleeping#10995459

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by lacasa: 11:10am On Jun 03, 2012
ikee: Hmm, Serious and undeniable allegations, I have know this before especially when henry okah came up with his own side of the story. well let's keep our fingers crossed. according to a yoruba adage, lie may run for 20 yrs but one day truth will catch up with it. Next defendant; reuben Abati

Gbam!
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by alahamad(m): 11:11am On Jun 03, 2012
ikee: Hmm, Serious and undeniable allegations, I have know this before especially when henry okah came up with his own side of the story. well let's keep our fingers crossed. according to a yoruba adage, lie may run for 20 yrs but one day truth will catch up with it. Next defendant; reuben Abati

I think Ruben will hold on for Beaf to come nd display some stu.pidity as usual before coming out with the official defence for the retarded Jonadunce....

Even Abacha did not go this far in covering his tracks, yet people voted this fo.ol in.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 03, 2012
Now they blame GEJ for their violent tendencies , lol. grin

As usual Nigerians are a gullible lot, anybody who believes this nonsense needs a new brain !!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by AndroBlaze: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2012
Every time the government has a scandal, Boko Haram strikes. It does not take a genius to figure out where their sympathy lies.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by DaLover(m): 11:13am On Jun 03, 2012
The looney's are at it again...well all other attempts to rubbish GEJ's character have failed woefully so far...lets see how fat this one would go.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by kutchs: 11:16am On Jun 03, 2012
The question to ask el-rufai is why is bh centred in the north if GEJ sponsors it. What has bh got to do with corruption and gej? If elrufai is to be believed why hasnt gej used bh to eliminate his political opponents like tinubu, buhari and even the loud mouth himself?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by AustineE1: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2012
I may nt be a fan of jonathan but isnt it stupid to hear a reknowned national clown and corruptn personified Nasri el rufai playing a saint.As the days passes by,am becoming more than ever convinced that El rufai and some other northern elites may have a hand or an indirect sponsorship arrangement with the dreaded boko haram!i ve waited with bated breath to just hear him and his cohorts condemn boko haram for what it is,but they play a role that is diversionary in nature!cant a man whom has lost out of the corridors of power,go back and get a life!i can see frustration written all over him,always seeking for cheap publicity.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2012
Hasn't Boko Haram been existing before this administration came into power? Rightful minds would ignore this clown accusation.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by jmaine: 11:18am On Jun 03, 2012
frosbel: Now they blame GEJ for their violent tendencies , lol. grin

[size=18pt]As usual Nigerians are a gullible lot, anybody who believes this nonsense needs a new brain [/size]!!

[size=18pt]Succinctly put [/size]

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Biggyd2: 11:21am On Jun 03, 2012
We know what is going on in this government- supposed grand deceit of Nigerians(People Deceiving People). But ehnm, Mallam El-Rufai, you must be aware of the drill by now. By the time you arrive Nigeria, Madam SSS shall be waiting to pick you up for "questioning". We shall be waiting to be updated by you via Twitter. We shall overcome someday soon.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by freshmoney(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2012
Where is evil virtuoso - Reno Omokri AKA beaf? I guess he's busy writing a long long disquisition as to recalcitrate all claim from El-rufai OR perhaps, he's smoking weee at the moment cheesy. But, don't hurt the fingers that fed you. Reno, remember El-rufai paid your 2-year house rent in 2009 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by adewaleh(m): 11:22am On Jun 03, 2012
deyrock: i can't dat murder fucker, hw can u jst get and accuse somebdy without any evidence. All this muslims sef.
all muslim? I was telling my brother dat its been a while since we heard of BH.. And pray nigeria should be peaceful...
Then i came across this post.. What he said might be through..
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 03, 2012
Biggyd2: We know what is going on in this government- supposed grand deceit of Nigerians(People Deceiving People). But ehnm, Mallam El-Rufai, you must be aware of the drill by now. By the time you arrive Nigeria, Madam SSS shall be waiting to pick you up for "questioning". We shall be waiting to be updated by you via Twitter. We shall overcome someday soon.
Nonsense!
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by JojoArmani(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2012
na wa o o dis country self everyday wit a new story.Tufiakwa. I dont know wat to believe again.
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by freshmoney(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2012
Fresh Air! tongue 3 more years of Fresh Air grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by jmaine: 11:27am On Jun 03, 2012
There was a bomb blast in bauchi today . . .maybe it's GEJ way of diverting attention from the UNILAG - MAULAG renaming furor . . .

Elruffy is simply an ediot
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by TechRev: 11:28am On Jun 03, 2012
El Rufai is gradually getting to the point of psychiatric no returns ... just gradually he will get there, its a pity what loss of relevance albeit power can do.
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by Biggyd2: 11:29am On Jun 03, 2012
all4naija: Nonsense!

I JUMP AND PASS!!!
Re: Jonathan Sponsored Boko Haram To Cover Up Corruption”, El-rufai Tells BBC by FreeBird1: 11:31am On Jun 03, 2012
Wonder's wil neva end kissWonder's wil neva end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Waziri Replaces Hamman Tukur As TCN Chairman / Yorubas And Niger Delta Oil / Osinbajo Chairs Federal Executive Council Meeting Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.