Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98569 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by anuel4luv(m): 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
ThoniaSlim: This is just sad. This has been indeed a sad day for Nigerians! I just read on Linda Ikeji's blog that it was the same plane that had an emergency landing few weeks back and yet nothing was done! I weep for my country!

Hmmmm....we have a demented system of government which is in a quagmire of corruption. In a developed country, such a plane won't see the light of the sky again after such an incidence. May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by lekkie073(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
The ill-fated Dana plane had been under repair for several weeks and the airline's station manager protested its use but the Indian mgt insisted it should fly!>:O.
The German stations are reporting that the plane which just crashed should never have taken off becos of its write off state and that its a wonder the plane even made it to lagos!>:O
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
lekkie073: The ill-fated Dana plane had been under repair for several weeks and the airline's station manager protested its use but the Indian mgt insisted it should fly!>:O.
The German stations are reporting that the plane which just crashed should never have taken off becos of its write off state and that its a wonder the plane even made it to lagos!>:O

I would like to hear from the Transportation ministry, what they have to say as per this kinda comment . . .
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
valencia25: One of the Victims Update.... Rip!

What can we say? May God console you.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by giveburns: 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
May the souls of the departed rest in the Lord. Amen.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lilboots(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
Amina Idris Bugaje...rest in peace!1 of the victims...her last status update!

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by musty1987(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
So sad. may we not see this kind of thing again.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by damoskiy(m): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
MODERATOR WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.I PUT A COMMENT YOU HID MY COMMENT AND BANNED ME FROM COMMENTING FOR SOME MINUTES.I SERIOUSLY DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU DID.LOOKING AT THE RULES OF nairaland I NEVER SAW ANYTHING WRONG IN WHAT I DID.YOU PEOPLE WOULD SOON SEND EVERYBODY AWAY FROM NAIRALAND AND START MODERATING YOURSELF.SERIOUSLY PISSED AT YOU PEOPLE.

BACK TO TOPIC NIGERIA SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO OUR SOURCE AND PLEAD WITH OUR SOUCRE TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY FROM EVIL BEFALLING US.
IF MY PEOPLE WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME SHALL HUMBLE THEMSELVES SEEK MY FACE THEN I WOULD HEAR FROM HEAVEN AND I WILL HEAL THEIR LAND.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sijo01(f): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
justwise:

Sys blocked your post, though sorted now.

Confirmed!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by femo86(m): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
Sowi for dat MOD
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by 4teelaw(f): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
Fresh information on the Dana Air plane crash in Lagos on Sunday afternoon indicates that the plane actually took off from Lagos and the pilot was attempting to return to Murtala Mohammed Airport after noticing a problem with the aircraft when the tragedy occurred.

The plane, which went down in a residential area in the Iju-Ishaga Alagbado area of Lagos, killed all 153 passengers and crew on board.

The report pointed out that the casualty figure was so high because the plane was carrying a full load of fuel for its one hour flight to the nation’s capital, Abuja, which led to a massive conflagration when the plane caught fire on impact.

Sources said the pilot informed the control tower that he needed to return to the airport after noticing something was wrong with his aircraft during taking off.

It was while he was attempting to return to the airport that the plane went down in the residential area with such tragic heavy loss of lives.

It is still not certain how many people lost their lives on the ground since the crash occurred in a residential area of the city.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Lilboots(m): 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2012
^^^^^
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by deshclones(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
just got information that kim morrison the CBN consultant was on that flight...jeeeez................such brains gone like that....a human financial encyclopedia....was one of the most intelligent peeps i have interacted with...such a pity...R.I.P cry cry cry cry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by nduchucks: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
lekkie073: The ill-fated Dana plane had been under repair for several weeks and the airline's station manager protested its use but the Indian mgt insisted it should fly!>:O.

Source please??
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by temmym4(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2012
HAminat: "Plane crash..NTA Is showing
Horse...AIT is Showing Ball, STV-
beauty show, Channels- bible
study, CNN -Dana Air
crash..Finished country!"

Nah wah o
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
damoskiy: MODERATOR WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.I PUT A COMMENT YOU HID MY COMMENT AND BANNED ME FROM COMMENTING FOR SOME MINUTES.I SERIOUSLY DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU DID.LOOKING AT THE RULES OF nairaland I NEVER SAW ANYTHING WRONG IN WHAT I DID.YOU PEOPLE WOULD SOON SEND EVERYBODY AWAY FROM NAIRALAND AND START MODERATING YOURSELF.SERIOUSLY PISSED AT YOU PEOPLE.

BACK TO TOPIC NIGERIA SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO GO BACK TO OUR SOURCE AND PLEAD WITH OUR SOUCRE TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY FROM EVIL BEFALLING US.
IF MY PEOPLE WHICH ARE CALLED BY MY NAME SHALL HUMBLE THEMSELVES SEEK MY FACE THEN I WOULD HEAR FROM HEAVEN AND I WILL HEAL THEIR LAND.

Stop copying and pasting the viewing figures then you will not be banned, its that simply.

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by bittyend(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
I freaking hate NIGERIA!!!! Life is so worthless in that part of the world.

Can we break that shytehole into pieces, plz?

I'd rather live in an Oodua republic than let drunk fishermen and cow nomads continue to lord over me..

Divide that space now!

I'm pouring out a little liquor for the dead. sad sad cry cry cry

2Pac- God Bless The Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am3TuASrd_k
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by abiamahart: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
firstly my deepest condolences to the families of the deceased.
1. This crash again quizzes our aircraft worthiness checks
(i flew Dana 6wks back and sat on the emeegency row. i could see that the window on my right wasnt properly secured. called the nearest air hostess attention to it and she said the ground creew checked prior to boarding and said its ok).

2. i hope our fire service, ambulane personel all respond swiftly.

3. it is often said there is no parking space in the air. i hope the black box reveals the true cause of the accident. i dislike the attitude of some organzarions in Nigeria who have poor maintenance culture.

4. i hope the pilots were not overstreched by flying more hours than normal

While some accidents are inevitable most are avoidable.

RIP to all the deceased and Get well soon to any survivors.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tpia5: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
itoldu: And not 1 single national channel is showin or talkin about it. Just a subnews.

that probably means some of the passengers are high profile in a security or intelligence related context.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by sgtpoll: 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
OMG! what a day of national disaster? I nepa abi phcn 4 nt given us light in PHC 2 hear dis after dey just increase tariff. I hope yorubas will blame GEJ 4 dis. God plz give d families of d affected d heart 2 bear dis. It's indeed painful.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by jamil2(m): 7:34pm On Jun 03, 2012
In respect of this tragedy the FG shd declear tommorow work day free so as to enable the effected ones to mourn for the lost lives.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by muchbeauty(f): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2012
i remember travelling to canada, i was never checked once...... this country is that terrible......
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by abiamahart: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
firstly my deepest condolences to the families of the deceased.
1. This crash again quizzes our aircraft worthiness checks
(i flew Dana 6wks back and sat on the emergency row. i could see that the window on my right wasnt properly secured. called the nearest air hostess attention to it and she said the ground creew checked prior to boarding and said its ok).

2. i hope our fire service, ambulane personel all respond swiftly.

3. it is often said there is no parking space in the air. i hope the black box reveals the true cause of the accident. i dislike the attitude of some organzarions in Nigeria who have poor maintenance culture.

4. i hope the pilots were not overstreched by flying more hours than normal

While some accidents are inevitable most are avoidable.

RIP to all the deceased and Get well soon to any survivors.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by damoskiy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
justwise:

Stop copying and pasting the viewing figures then you will not be banned, its that simply.
GONE THROUGH THE RULES OF NAIRALAND THERE IS NOTHING LIKE STOP COPYING AND PASTING THE VIEWING FIGURES.YOU CAN KEEP TO YOUR THREAD SERIOUSLY PISSED AT YOU EVEN OF I DON'T KNOW YOU. lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by papatosibe: 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
jamil!:
In respect of this tragedy the FG shd declear tommorow work day free so as to enable the effected ones to mourn for the lost lives.

just one day? why not the whole year? why not shut the whole country down?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Sijo01(f): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
damoskiy: MODERATOR WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.I PUT A COMMENT YOU HID MY COMMENT AND BANNED ME FROM COMMENTING FOR SOME MINUTES.I SERIOUSLY DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU DID.LOOKING AT THE RULES OF nairaland I NEVER SAW ANYTHING WRONG IN WHAT I DID.YOU PEOPLE WOULD SOON SEND EVERYBODY AWAY FROM NAIRALAND AND START MODERATING YOURSELF.SERIOUSLY PISSED AT YOU PEOPLE.

BANNED?
I guex dats wat happend to me too. Hv neva been banned bfor, so dnt kno hw it wrks. I only noticed d reply colum was missing for some time. Hv to reboot.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Samjay009(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
kael: The plane was from abuja to Lagos. My aunt was on it

May God give u the fortitude to bear d loss

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.