Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? (5413 Views)

No Child After Marriage: How Long Can You Wait? / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by busybody20: 12:24am On Mar 19, 2009
sparta:

2 to 3 weeks and they are out, i no want wahala. Th next thing you know she will want to run your house and tell you the meat in your soup is too big.

lol. . . . . . grin grin
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by sparta(f): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2009
busybody20:

lol. . . . . . grin grin

abi busybody no be so? grin
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by biina: 9:03am On Mar 21, 2009
They can stay for as long as they want. Though I expect them not to abuse the privilege.
Particularly in old age, they need someone to take care of them. I will never place either of our parents in an old people's home.
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Fhemmmy: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2009
One Month is good enuf.
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by tope2000(f): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2009
it dependz on the kind of person she is lipsrsealed
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Fhemmmy: 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2009
Best relationship is the one from afar.
Wont even want my mother living with me and my wife for more than one month.
too stressful for the man.
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Hauwa1: 3:01pm On Mar 24, 2009
@ biina,
dont you think old pple home is good? if you can afford a good one, i think there are old pple's home that are good. they will be able to take care of the person very well and have friends to hang out with, just my thinking though.
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by JustGood(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2009
biina:

They can stay for as long as they want. Though I expect them not to abuse the privilege.
Particularly in old age, they need someone to take care of them. I will never place either of our parents in an old people's home.

Bless you, neither will I.

Its the selfishness of the modern western generation that makes them want to always take their parents into homes so that they can enjoy themselves. How they leave their parents in homes because they want to enjoy is beyond me. It's all about selfishness.
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Hauwa1: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2009
where is the homes in Nigeria anyway undecided
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2009
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by MadMax1(f): 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2009
My parents and his parents can stay with us in old age as long as they want to. They can live with us if they wish.They can be surounded by grandkids and have their friends visit. I hate the idea of people sending their parents to old people's homes, like they're a nuisance to be conveniently dispatched tither. They're vulnerable when they're old, and they should never be sorry they had you for a child. You're going to be old too, and life has a funny way of coming full circle. But right now both sets of parents aren't old. They're busy hustling. So I don't have to deal with that yet, thank God.
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by nethacker(m): 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2009
Ofcourse as long as they want
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Udode(f): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2009
If she would still be alive, my MIL would be welcome anytime for as long as she desires!
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by uzwu: 5:23pm On Mar 26, 2009
My mother inlaw will always be welcomed and can stay as long as she likes
Re: How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2010
@ seun ure ryt.wen someone older dan u stays in ur house 2 much d person becomes a parasite n gives u unnecessary advice especially wen u dont nid it or ask 4 it.privacy is important

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gender Vanguard! / Thank God With Me As I Just Put 2 Bed A Bouncing Baby Boy. / L Live In A Sexless And Loveless Marriage...would Divorce Be The Best Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.