Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation (5778 Views)

Afdb To Assist FG In One Meal Per Day Policy / Dana Crash: 11 Families Have Received Full Compensation / Families Of Dana Crash Victims Protest Over Non-payment Of Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by mukina2: 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
The United States has stated its willingness to assist the Federal Government in the investigation of Sunday’s plane crash that killed 153 people in Lagos.

The U.S. in a statement by its Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, made available to the North America Correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria in New York, extended its condolences to those who lost family and loved ones in the crash.

``We stand with the people of Nigeria at this difficult time and we are prepared to assist the Nigerian Government in its investigation of this tragic accident,' 'NAN quoted Mrs. Clinton as saying in the statement on Tuesday.

Source
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by 2nkechi: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2012
God bless America. America might be tough, but laws are implemented there.

1 Like

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by AnotherOkija: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2012
But the NTSB is already on ground, so I wonder what other help the U.S wants to render...

What they should help us with is the regulation of our airspace management!! Tell Nigerians which airlines are only seconds away from disaster..
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by miteolu(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
It had happened non-occurrence should be is the subject.
Investigation or Prevention?
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by stagger: 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2012
The US had better stay where they are. We don't need them jumping into our affairs.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by valencia25(m): 12:47pm On Jun 05, 2012

1 Like

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by ozoebuka1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
Cant nigeria do something on its own? we dont need d interference of those greedy whites, their main intention is always to do away with our money!!! how many police memberz do we have in dis country? if government thinks dose policemen are incapacitated then they should just abolish d profession and start inviting d so called whites to help us... nonsense!!!
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Businesstools(m): 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
We also require assistance in the aspect of governance.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Asemo11(m): 1:01pm On Jun 05, 2012
The US should keep their assistance to them self
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by wandeay: 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
bomb blast in bauchi, plane crash in lagos, government house caught fire, hospital building collapse in benin, hostel in Redeemer university caught fire, etc na wa for dis June oo
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by sandiyke(f): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
In as much as theres no free lunch in free town, we nid dem if nt dis whole thing will end in somones drawer. At least a proper investigation wil soothe des mourners a bit.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Onyatinu: 1:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
Ivestigate wat For how many days now Wats d use of the black box What happened to belvium airline dat dissapeared till today no any news. Nigerians will never change. The most important thing now, may the souls of all the departed rest in peace. Amen
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by warrior101: 1:18pm On Jun 05, 2012
stagger: The US had better stay where they are. We don't need them jumping into our affairs.

You talk my mind bro.. Why they are being nossy arround us.. I smile rat. First they wanted to list bh as foriegn terrorist and now they want to help us investigate crash? If given a chance i can do this investigation. So America you can just bugger right off and mind your own b'ness, or concrate on your silly asia millitary base relocation budget in australia. We are not china, we are nigeria and we will crush you.. Lol

1 Like

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by warrior101: 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
sandiyke: In as much as theres no free lunch in free town, we nid dem if nt dis whole thing will end in somones drawer. At least a proper investigation wil soothe des mourners a bit.

Amateur
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Egbagirl(f): 1:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
Hhahahahahahahaha the US is ALWAYS ready to assist: boko haram, plane crashes, murders/assasinations etc.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Bontee: 1:25pm On Jun 05, 2012
stagger: The US had better stay where they are. We don't need them jumping into our affairs.

The entire fleets of airplanes used by dana air was purchased from Alaska airline which is an american airline and the united state laws states that they should investigate any airplane that crashes if the original purchase was from an american airline. It would interest you to know that these airplanes were phased out by Alaska airlines in 2006 after 25 years in service due to hydraulic problems and they were purchased two years later by dana air in 2008.

I got these story from yahoo news.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by warrior101: 1:37pm On Jun 05, 2012
Bontee:

The entire fleets of airplanes used by dana air was purchased from Alaska airline which is an american airline and the united state laws states that they should investigate any airplane that crashes if the original purchase was from an american airline. It would interest you to know that these airplanes were phased out by Alaska airlines in 2006 after 25 years in service due to hydraulic problems and they were purchased two years later by dana air in 2008.

I got these story from yahoo news.

In that case what are they investigating again? Since we already know that they sold us out dated planes/We bought outdated planes they should cut the BS. We dont need the drama they should just send the affected families some money
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by texazzpete(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2012
warrior101:

In that case what are they investigating again? Since we already know that they sold us out dated planes/We bought outdated planes they should cut the BS. We dont need the drama they should just send the affected families some money

Better you keep quiet and be thought intelligent than to continue with these inane babbling.
Who is the 'we' here? Are you the Dana Air CEO? Does Dana Air belong to all Nigerians? What weed infested dream told you the aircraft was 'outdated'? You think an airplane is a Tokumbo Toyota Camry that becomes outdated after several years? Why is the US supposed to send any money to the affected families?

When Russian submarine sank in the ocean, na foreign divers help them retrieve am. Nobody is too proud to ask for help in determining the cause of the accident. luckily for us all, the people who will make this decision will jump at the chance for expert help instead of listening to Grade-A m0r0ns like you and stagger.

Luckily for us all, the

2 Likes

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by gator666: 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2012

You certainly DO need them. Why? Simply because you are NOT capable of implementing already existing laws and regulations. You do have them, but you would rather collect some money from whoever wants to do something illegal and look the other way. Americans will not do the same and that is the only reason why you need them.

Does NCAA have the facilities to read the content of CVR and FDR, assuming that you ever find them at the crash scene? If CVR, FDR, or both, are damaged, does the NCAA have the facilities to preserve what remains, and then recover the data, if any still exists inside? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that local investigators will make sure nobody tampers with the evidence at the crash scene, be it FDR, CVR or any other less relevant item?

Yes, Nigerians can certainly do part of the job, but with corruption and negligence on absolutely all levels of society, I don't think any public official should be trusted enough to handle case like this on his own. You people HAD the chance to run the NCAA properly on your own. There was no foreign influence. Did you do it well? Hell no! If NCAA officials did their job properly, DANA air plane would not crash. Maybe even Sosoliso, Bellview, ADC and others would not either. So, you HAD your chance to prove yourself as worthy in this highly sophisticated industry. And, guess what? You have FAILED big time. And that alone is reason strong enough not only to allow NTSB agents to conduct the investigation, but to BEG them to do so.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by KayDee4: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2012
ozoebuka1: [b]Cant nigeria do something on its own? [/b]we dont need d interference of those greedy whites, their main intention is always to do away with our money!!! how many police memberz do we have in dis country? if government thinks dose policemen are incapacitated then they should just abolish d profession and start inviting d so called whites to help us... nonsense!!!

We have constantly shown we cannot do the simplest things "on our own"; so why not ?

1 Like

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
There is nothing to investigate anymore. The plane was too old and faulty when it was bought several yrs ago. It was a disaster waiting to happen, just like many other airlines. Lets check Nations Airline, people like Tinubu will want to own airlines at very cheap rates without minding the years of use of the planes in their fleet. Federal should not issue Airline License to any company that doesnt have up to 5 brand new planes in their fleet. Henceforth, no plane older than 10yrs should be allowed to fly in Nigeria Airspace.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by freshmoney(m): 2:10pm On Jun 05, 2012
USA stay back in your gaddamn country! We don't need your drones to destroy us! We will sort out our problems! Don't you have yours?! Arrogant ghouls!
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by warrior101: 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
texazzpete:

Better you keep quiet and be thought intelligent than to continue with these inane babbling.
Who is the 'we' here? Are you the Dana Air CEO? Does Dana Air belong to all Nigerians? What weed infested dream told you the aircraft was 'outdated'? You think an airplane is a Tokumbo Toyota Camry that becomes outdated after several years? Why is the US supposed to send any money to the affected families?

When Russian submarine sank in the ocean, na foreign divers help them retrieve am. Nobody is too proud to ask for help in determining the cause of the accident. luckily for us all, the people who will make this decision will jump at the chance for expert help instead of listening to Grade-A m0r0ns like you and stagger.

Luckily for us all, the

texazzpet or who ever you are. In real life you are a fool to assume i was reffering to the US to send money to the families. Secondly becaus i am using my fone i use shortcuts words hence i used we instead of dana. So from here you can begin to see the myopic gut that you really are...
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by gator666: 2:15pm On Jun 05, 2012
LeoMax: Henceforth, no plane older than 10yrs should be allowed to fly in Nigeria Airspace.

Yes, exactly. Other countries (USA, UK, France, Germany etc) have airlines capable of MAINTAINING AND FLYING even 30+ years old planes, because they have the expertise, competence and dedication. However, lacking all these things, Nigeria should certainly ban all planes older than 10 years. So maybe, just maybe, passengers will have good luck to arrive safely to their destinations. Luck, and not trust in those responsible for the safety of flying.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Bontee: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2012
warrior101:

It was a private transaction between both airlines and i think they do it in order to investigate their own airlines still running in their own airspace. If Alaska airlines has ten planes then sells three of them abroad and after three years one of them crashes then the USA has to investigate that incident and the remaining ones in their country to learn one or two things.

1 Like

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2012
gator_666:

Yes, exactly. Other countries (USA, UK, France, Germany etc) have airlines capable of MAINTAINING AND FLYING even 30+ years old planes, because they have the expertise, competence and dedication. However, lacking all these things, Nigeria should certainly ban all planes older than 10 years. So maybe, just maybe, passengers will have good luck to arrive safely to their destinations. Luck, and not trust in those responsible for the safety of flying.
Flying was risky from the days of of Wilbor Wreight, its never a perfect way to move, I see no reason why foreigners should own airlines in a sovereign nation. Its not just right, I cant remember if a Nigerian can own or manage airline in India. Its tyme we stop tribalism and give our government support to clean the system.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Anubiri(m): 2:22pm On Jun 05, 2012
I kw y all dis A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ hapining $ i kw hw 2 stop ¶†...jst contact m̶̲̥̅ƹ @07031062129 or M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ BB pin 27B74F85
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by gator666: 2:24pm On Jun 05, 2012
LeoMax: Flying was risky from the days of of Wilbor Wreight, its never a perfect way to move, I see no reason why foreigners should own airlines in a sovereign nation. Its not just right, I cant remember if a Nigerian can own or manage airline in India. Its tyme we stop tribalism and give our government support to clean the system.

Absolutely true (and no, I am not being sarcastic here). But, there is a problem. Government itself has to be cleaned first, because it is the same government that gave owners of DANA the AOC (Airline Operator Certificate), allowing them to commence operations in Nigeria. Those from DANA should be jailed for a very loooong time. Kirikiri is a perfect place for such. But those that gave them the AOC and did not follow up afterwards should join them too.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by GAR3TH(m): 2:36pm On Jun 05, 2012

Though this plane was made in the 1980s by McDonnell Douglas, the U.S.A is getting involve because Boeing, an american company, now owns Mcdonnel Douglas in a merger that took place in 1995. The U.S.A and the NTSB always investigates every crash involving american plane companies around the world. Its call standard Protocol, something Nigeria lacks, Hence why america has one of the safest airspace and why planes are falling from the skies in Nigeria.

edit

2 Likes

Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Bawss1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2012
It appears that everyday a new troll is born on NL. Anyone in doubt should read some comments on this thread denouncing foreign assistance with the Dana crash investigations.
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
gator_666:

Absolutely true (and no, I am not being sarcastic here). But, there is a problem. Government itself has to be cleaned first, because it is the same government that gave owners of DANA the AOC (Airline Operator Certificate), allowing them to commence operations in Nigeria. Those from DANA should be jailed for a very loooong time. Kirikiri is a perfect place for such. But those that gave them the AOC and did not follow up afterwards should join them too.
My brother the entire system is a mess. I know we will scale through these climes the moment we have a real man in government, real man in my context is someone who is ready to clean the system by hook or crook. A selfless man who will not care about impeachment or assassination threat, unfortunately, we are yet to see such leaders. GEJ is cool but he is still afraid of the unknown. If I find my way into Aso Rock, the prisons we have wont be enough for the people I have in mind. I will jail them on circumstantial evidences and purge the system with my life at stake. There is nothing to live for, if my fellow countrymen suffer while I cruise around on G55 AMG
Re: U.S Ready To Assist FG In Dana Crash Investigation by warrior101: 2:41pm On Jun 05, 2012
Bontee:

It was a private transaction between both airlines and i think they do it in order to investigate their own airlines still running in their own airspace. If Alaska airlines has ten planes then sells three of them abroad and after three years one of them crashes then the USA has to investigate that incident and the remaining ones in their country to learn one or two things.

Is that a kind of insurance policy or do you really mean "investigation" literaly? Your comment has double standard. Hope you are not testing my iq here? First you said it was a private thing which i dont have a problem against, but when it turns into a national thing ("Then the US has to... ) then i am not too comfortable with and i am not ashamed to say it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Will Move Very Fast This Year- Jonathan / Photos: Poor Turn Out At President Jonathan's Campaign Rally In Borno / Epic Replys Given To US President Elect On Wishing His Enemies Happy New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.