Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? (4830 Views)

Poll: When will Nigeria be ready for a female president?

Never: 29% (9 votes)
Nigeria is ready.: 29% (9 votes)
A few more tenures.: 41% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / Hurricane Sandy: Will Nigeria Learn From The Emergency Response Plan Of USA? / Igbo President: What Will Nigeria Turn Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2006
Nigeria is too damn conservative for its own good, what a shame! I think a women would be fit to run the nation
Watch and c how Liberia go betta
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by LAYANJU(f): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2006
i doubt it.nigeria is such a macho like country.all the big boys want to hold on to the power and they wont let go of it.least of all to a woman.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Efani(m): 12:14am On Apr 07, 2006
The U.S havent even had a female president and they are three times industrialized than Nigeria will ever be and u think Nigeria will have one? lol
Nigerians go into riot when der is even a mention of and Ibo man being president
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by stormz(m): 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2006
my cousin is 16, she lives in england n she always says wen she goes back to nigeria shez gona run for presidecy coz it seems like d women there r too frightend of wat d men will say n she doesnt care, i like her spirit
shez determined
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by my2cents(m): 6:08pm On Apr 07, 2006
I say america will have a female president (no predictions made for '08, but who knows? grin) before Nigeria.

That's my take, and that's my 2 cents
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by alj(m): 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2006
i will go even further i think it will be president Hilary Clinton in 2008
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 08, 2006
My biggest dream is to become the first female guvnor in nigeria and then the first female president if it has not been done by then but the one thing i am sure of is that i will not be having someone like vanunu in my cabinet ur statements are so shallow for a young person of this era sad
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by diddy4(m): 4:57am On Apr 10, 2006
i believe woman should be given a chance. they dont take rubbish from men and corruption will be less. i will support any woman interested in running. am preparing my sister right now to take over. lol grin
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by pascal(m): 2:25am On May 30, 2006
If Rule of Law is supreme and there is Separation of Power with in all the arms of government and we are sincere to each other as a nation, not mind where fro example Seun is from or where hot Angle come from.

We will have a female president.

But why the Igbo President issue at the last paragraph of this question?

I need to know
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Efani(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2006
no
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Seun(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2006
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by MP007(m): 6:22am On Aug 18, 2007
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER [i][/i]
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by slimes(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2009
Women are known to be full of pride ,wasteful spenders and sometimes the custodians of discipline. Any woman who wants to be a President should first be parriotic and not fear any opposition whatsoever. I think the change will come from her.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by CrudeOil2(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2009
Turai is the president of the country right now.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by maxsiollun: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2009
You might be surprised to hear that the issue of a female leader was considered over 25 years ago by President Shagari. Shagari wanted to have a female running mate as his VP. But powerful male politicians from the south vetoed the idea. One of them swore to commit suicide if Shagari picked a female VP.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by spoOne: 12:48am On Sep 29, 2009
Nigeria may not be ready - but we need a woman president. Almost all of the men in power don't care about this country, that's why they loot and cart away her future, with impunity. Women have that inate motherly propensity to nurture and preserve.

Whilst that is said they need to start by getting into local govt, council, legislative, and gubernatorial races first.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Fhemmmy: 12:50am On Sep 29, 2009
i am not sure, if Nigeria is ready for a female president, cos women are too emotionally and have a heart, and only someone with no heart and ready to do what it takes to get rid of useless people can rule nija
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by spoOne: 3:32am On Sep 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am not sure, if Nigeria is ready for a female president, cos women are too emotionally and have a heart, and only someone with no heart and ready to do what it takes to get rid of useless people can rule nija

Maybe the men we have in power right now, and in the past, are too "emotional"- they've not been able to rid the government of miscreants in their mist either. I guess we have a problem - men and women are too emotional to rule the country.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by OAM4J: 5:12am On Sep 29, 2009
I don’t think women should just be given a chance. Don’t get me wrong, I mean a woman president should emerge naturally, not just a figure head, or someone put in office as a result of sympathy for womanhood. I believe if we have an inspiring woman that can command the respect of all Nigerians (male and female) then Nigeria will vote for her.

For now, the big question is; how many women can command that respect? Dora? (Not sure, think I can still find a lot better men than her)

So women should step up their games if any of them want to be president
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by bibiking1(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2009
I really believe a feminine creature at the head of affairs in this country would be the ultimate calamity. Look around you and see all the women currently in our political sphere! Sen. Ita Giwa, Turai Yar'Adua, Dora, etc they have that characteristic that makes one scared, they are easily malleable and as such would do worse in terms of corruption and tyranny than any male head of state we have ever had.

@Becomrich
your rambling was beginning to make a little sense, but Dora is not geting past this Yar'Adua's first term in her political career. I think she has outlived her usefulness, and the PDP knows that. Once she's s out of the cabinet its over and out for her political career
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by mccloud224(m): 2:11am On Oct 17, 2009
Yes, that will be after a successful civil war.The civil war will happen after 9ja people are tired of looting and electoral fraud.So when the country determines where its going, each group will decide whether to continue with male or female candidates.

Shikena!
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ok, this thread must not die grin
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Horus(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2011
Nigeria should have a women President. Women are the Goddess, if you put them in the right positions they rule!. Men have dominated with brute force. That’s strictly how we rule and if you go to any household where there is a conflict the man is raising his voice and talking about what he is gonna do if you don’t listen to him. So we have not learned even to this date, figured out how to deal with women. So when we get angry, we go into what we are going to do to you if you don’t listen to me. We go right to caveman tactics, even to this day we don’t know how to deal with our women.
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2011
I have been asking myself that same question of late. It is clear the best Presidential Candidate we have today in Nigeria is a woman by the name of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

She is a technocrats and have twice been made to abandon her career and family in Washington to work at the very heart of Nigeria government as the finance minister. Yet people don't think she has earn a promotion despite her excellent service to Nigeria with out the usual corruption and Mal-practice. 

P.S. CONTINUE READING ON THIS LINK https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-720560.0.html
Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2011

Re: Will Nigeria Ever Have A Female President? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:56am On Jul 27, 2011
It is time we embraced change in this country to attain progress. P.S. CONTINUE READING ON THIS LINK https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-720560.0.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

State Of Emergency In Ekiti? / Allegation: Kano Governor Plotted The Assasination Of Cleric / Why Are We Nigerians So Lazy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.