Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:41 AM

Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses (2325 Views)

Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? / Great Bible Contradictions / Can Tithing Teachers Help Us Explain These Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2012
Goshen360: @ Buzugee,

I have to go out now. I will help with the first question in due time. Okay. Until then, keep study and searching the word. Thanks brother and please, by the time I come back, make my tithe and APOSTOLIC offerings don ready o because I dey feed you with the word now, you should feed me too. grin grin grin Besides, try change the title of this thread (just a suggestion) because am NOT or we are NOT a bible scholars here, WE ARE BIBLE TEACHERS. Nothing like bible scholars in the bible but "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues" 1 Cor. 12:28 Kjv. You now see why am an Apostle....the "sent" one, am following in the first order. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Done. Changed to ' great bible teachers' and dont worry all the offerings and tithes is awaiting you. the collection plate is robust grin grin grin . LOL Yeah you are quite the Apostle. Apostle Goshen. Has a nice ring to it too hehe
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2012
stepo707: matthew 27 vs 50- 52

The ancient tabernacle and the temples patterned thereafter had veils which separated one portion of the structure from another. To pass the first veil was to move from the outer court into an inner sanctuary known as the Holy Place. To pass the second veil was to enter the Holy of Holies, or the Most Holy Place.Paul capitalizes upon the Hebrew understanding of these things to indicate symbolically the role of Jesus in making it possible for us to enter into heaven, our “holy of holies.” As in ancient times the high priest entered the earthly sanctuary through rites of purification, so we too are privileged to enter the heavenly sanctuary through the blood of Christ, which cleanses us from sin. “Atonement for sin is no longer made by the high priest in Israel when he passes through the veil of the temple into the holy of holies. (Lev. 16.) Heb 6:19–20. Now there is a new way, a living way, for the veil of the old temple was rent with the crucifixion. (Matt. 27:50–51.) Now Jesus has passed through the veil into heaven itself. While he lived, his mortal flesh stood between him and the eternal holy of holies, for ‘flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God’ (1 Cor. 15:50), but now he has, as it were, rent the veil of his flesh through death and entered into the fulness of his Father’s kingdom through resurrection.
dunno how i missed this post. Great post.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 12:09am On Jun 08, 2012
lacum: In mathew 27: the vers declares in an apocalyptic style dat d death of jesus marked d completn of definitive salvatn.vs 53 is interpreted as a sign of fulfilment of d prophecies of daniel(12:2). It also suggests dat b4 d resurrectn jesus descended to d dead, dis signifies dat jesu was present to these historical or prehistorical multitudes who were to wait 4 him to have life in God.
love the way you think.
let me quote the verse just to pull out the post daniel 12 vs 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2012
Buzugee make I sleep o...

I get work today to work.......

Gotta fulfill my nysc duties.....

What's a man gotta do........

When I wake I'll bring more stuffs here to ya questions.......

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 2:28am On Jun 08, 2012
ijawkid: Buzugee make I sleep o...

I get work today to work.......

Gotta fulfill my nysc duties.....

What's a man gotta do........

When I wake I'll bring more stuffs here to ya questions.......

Thanks bro
No problemos Apostle Ijawkid. I need to come do that nysc. i tell ya. i need that adventure grin grin
guys feel free to critique or comment on the posts of others.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 2:59am On Jun 08, 2012
And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,

and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;
Matt 27: 50-52 Nkjv

Now, I will start from verse 50. Jesus was on the cross at this time. The cross is NOT just a piece of wood. The cross is place of message and mystery. Many things happened on the cross at this time and among those things that happened I will share with us. First, the bible says in verse 50 that Jesus "cried out again with a LOUD voice and YIELDED up His spirit". First, how can someone be on the cross and still cry out with a LOUD voice? This shows strength to the end and proving he voluntarily laid down his life (John 10:18 ). Also, this proves that Jesus on the cross didn't die as God but as man for God cannot die and God is eternal. The bible says he gave up his spirit, meaning he is a man on the cross with human spirit, he dismissed his soul and spirit. (James 2:26; Luke 23:46).

verse 51, After Jesus died, right on the cross there. The bible says "THEN". It means his death did something and without his death we cannot have "THEN" as to something that happened after the death. What did his death do? His death accomplished the following and each has a revelation in its own, this I will share. After he gave up his life (spirit), "THEN" the following happened according to verse 51 and 52, take a look at them below:

1. The veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.
2. The earth quaked.
3. The rocks were split.
4. The graves were opened and
5. Many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised.

These are the five dimensions of Grace that was released by the death of Christ on the Cross. Remember, the cross is NOT just a piece of wood. I will NOT go deeper into the revelation of these five dimensions of Grace that was released by the death of Christ on the cross because of time to delve into each of them. However, I will delve into the first thing that happened which is the veil of the temple that was torn into two from top to bottom. Hey, I feel the anointing of the Holy Spirit so strong on this revelation. Why did the veil tear into just two and from top to bottom? Friends, It's not just piece of information you have there but a revelation. The veil could have torn into four or three or even any number and it could have torn from left to right or even any other direction. I feel the anointing to teach right now, I show you a mystery.

Ephesians 2:14-22 GIVES YOU THE REVELATION I AM SUPPOSE TO SHARE. Kindly read it slowly and align the reading with what happened on the cross and the context of Ephesians 2:14:22. In addition, after you slowly read Ephesians 2:14-22, you might need to understand that the temple here is physical temple and the death of Jesus on the cross here in Matt. 27 just changed it from physical temple into the temple of believers by tearing apart the veils. How did I know this, that the physical temple was a shadow and type? I take you to Heb. 9:1-9 but my emphasis is on verse 8-9 which says,

the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. It (the first tabernacle - mine added) [was] symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience.

In the physical temple, only the priest enter into the holy of holies to make atonement for the people once a year. In the physical temple, there was the veil which separate the holy place from the holy of holies. What this means is the type and shadow separating the Jews and the Gentiles. This veil was 60 feet (18m) high from top to the bottom or from ceiling to the floor, a type and shadows of heaven to earth and it was 30 feet wide (9.1m) wide. The rending of the veil signified the accomplishment and fulfillment of Christ destroying the veil of covering and partition between the Jews and Gentiles so that each that becomes a believer can NOW have personal access to God. Heb. 10:19-23; Eph. 2:14-18. It also means according to 2 Corinthians 4:3 (Niv), that the gospel will no longer be veiled to them that believed. It also means that veil being torn apart, believers can understand the buried mysteries in the OT through Christ. 2 Cor. 3:12-18.

(Please read these verses along in order to get the revelation, I can't quote everything along my teachings). This is how far I can go for now. Am tired typing and it's sleeping o'clock here. Enjoy the teaching.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 5:09am On Jun 08, 2012
Goshen360: And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,

and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised;

Now, I will start from verse 50. Jesus was on the cross at this time. The cross is NOT just a piece of wood. The cross is place of message and mystery. Many things happened on the cross at this time and among those things that happened I will share with us. First, the bible says in verse 50 that Jesus "cried out again with a LOUD voice and YIELDED up His spirit". First, how can someone be on the cross and still cry out with a LOUD voice? This shows strength to the end and proving he voluntarily laid down his life (John 10:18 ). Also, this proves that Jesus on the cross didn't die as God but as man for God cannot die and God is eternal. The bible says he gave up his spirit, meaning he is a man on the cross with human spirit, he dismissed his soul and spirit. (James 2:26; Luke 23:46).

verse 51, After Jesus died, right on the cross there. The bible says "THEN". It means his death did something and without his death we cannot have "THEN" as to something that happened after the death. What did his death do? His death accomplished the following and each has a revelation in its own, this I will share. After he gave up his life (spirit), "THEN" the following happened according to verse 51 and 52, take a look at them below:

2. The earth quaked.
3. The rocks were split.

These are the five dimensions of Grace that was released by the death of Christ on the Cross. Remember, the cross is NOT just a piece of wood. I will NOT go deeper into the revelation of these five dimensions of Grace that was released by the death of Christ on the cross because of time to delve into each of them. However, I will delve into the first thing that happened which is the veil of the temple that was torn into two from top to bottom. Hey, I feel the anointing of the Holy Spirit so strong on this revelation. Why did the veil tear into just two and from top to bottom? Friends, It's not just piece of information you have there but a revelation. The veil could have torn into four or three or even any number and it could have torn from left to right or even any other direction. I feel the anointing to teach right now, I show you a mystery.

Ephesians 2:14-22 GIVES YOU THE REVELATION I AM SUPPOSE TO SHARE. Kindly read it slowly and align the reading with what happened on the cross and the context of Ephesians 2:14:22. In addition, after you slowly read Ephesians 2:14-22, you might need to understand that the temple here is physical temple and the death of Jesus on the cross here in Matt. 27 just changed it from physical temple into the temple of believers by tearing apart the veils. How did I know this, that the physical temple was a shadow and type? I take you to Heb. 9:1-9 but my emphasis is on verse 8-9 which says,

the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. It (the first tabernacle - mine added) [was] symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience.

In the physical temple, only the priest enter into the holy of holies to make atonement for the people once a year. In the physical temple, there was the veil which separate the holy place from the holy of holies. What this means is the type and shadow separating the Jews and the Gentiles. This veil was 60 feet (18m) high from top to the bottom or from ceiling to the floor, a type and shadows of heaven to earth and it was 30 feet wide (9.1m) wide. The rending of the veil signified the accomplishment and fulfillment of Christ destroying the veil of covering and partition between the Jews and Gentiles so that each that becomes a believer can NOW have personal access to God. Heb. 10:19-23; Eph. 2:14-18. It also means according to 2 Corinthians 4:3 (Niv), that the gospel will no longer be veiled to them that believed. It also means that veil being torn apart, believers can understand the buried mysteries in the OT through Christ. 2 Cor. 3:12-18.

(Please read these verses along in order to get the revelation, I can't quote everything along my teachings). This is how far I can go for now. Am tired typing and it's sleeping o'clock here. Enjoy the teaching.
Goshen360: And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

2. The earth quaked.
3. The rocks were split.

THE GREAT TEACHER AND APOSTLE, WE TROWAY SALUTE AND RESPECT SIR grin grin grin now that was one heck of a read and a resounding smackdown to the ' the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom' .
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ZUBY77(m): 5:47am On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: thats why i specified ' brilliant bible scholars ' undecided

:.and this brilliant Bible scholars knows everything and its real meaning in the bible?
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
ZUBY77:

:.and this brilliant Bible scholars knows everything and its real meaning in the bible?
i would hope so smiley
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Goshen360(m): 1:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
ZUBY77:

One thing you will have to understand is that, God rewards people that teach His word. You need to find that out bro. Whatever, question you have, there are teachers in the body of Christ to teach the truth....NO TITHE and Offerings collected before truth is taught on board here. We are servants of the Most High "sent" on the mission to preach the Gospel. So feel free to ASK (A-ask; S-seek; K-knock) and you will get an answer.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 1:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
Goshen360:

One thing you will have to understand is that, God rewards people that teach His word. You need to find that out bro. Whatever, question you have, there are teachers in the body of Christ to teach the truth....NO TITHE and Offerings collected before truth is taught on board here. We are servants of the Most High "sent" on the mission to preach the Gospel. So feel free to ASK (A-ask; S-seek; K-knock) and you will get an answer.
grin ASK [b]A[/b]MALA [b]S[/b]HAKI [b]K[/b]EG-OF-EMU
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
@ Poster,

You have raised a very interesting topic. Let me start by saying that these verses have more than 1001 interpretations in Christendom and the basis for many doctrines.

This is what I understand even though I am not a great bible teacher.
many bodies of the saints which slept arose
This means they were resurrected! Did they go to heaven after that? I cannot say because I have no other information about that.

God did not spare the Angels who sinned
Satan was an archangel and when he sinned he had the support of a good number of angels. This would most likely refer to these angels if you study the bible. However if you read the book of Enoch ( I -III) it may also refer to the watchers ( angels) whom Enoch recorded took wives for themselves amongst the children of men, and revealed to men many secrets including making of weapons, drugs for abortion, writing, etc. According to the book of Enoch these fallen angels were bound for the judgement of torment.

he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames.

Here the heavens used means the sky and outer space. The elements are sun and moon most likely. But what it expresses is the magnitude of the judgement of God. If you imagine seeing the sun and moon getting burnt up and the sky rolling away as though there is wild fire above us. Scary! Yes and it will happen when the heavens would roll away in flames. Then how shall they who disdain the King of heaven escape His judgement?

Hope it helps smiley
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by ijawkid(m): 4:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
buzugee: No problemos Apostle Ijawkid. I need to come do that nysc. i tell ya. i need that adventure grin grin
guys feel free to critique or comment on the posts of others.

U wanna work in 9ja
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
belabela: @ Poster,

You have raised a very interesting topic. Let me start by saying that these verses have more than 1001 interpretations in Christendom and the basis for many doctrines.

This is what I understand even though I am not a great bible teacher.
many bodies of the saints which slept arose
This means they were resurrected! Did they go to heaven after that? I cannot say because I have no other information about that.

God did not spare the Angels who sinned
Satan was an archangel and when he sinned he had the support of a good number of angels. This would most likely refer to these angels if you study the bible. However if you read the book of Enoch ( I -III) it may also refer to the watchers ( angels) whom Enoch recorded took wives for themselves amongst the children of men, and revealed to men many secrets including making of weapons, drugs for abortion, writing, etc. According to the book of Enoch these fallen angels were bound for the judgement of torment.

he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames.

Here the heavens used means the sky and outer space. The elements are sun and moon most likely. But what it expresses is the magnitude of the judgement of God. If you imagine seeing the sun and moon getting burnt up and the sky rolling away as though there is wild fire above us. Scary! Yes and it will happen when the heavens would roll away in flames. Then how shall they who disdain the King of heaven escape His judgement?

Hope it helps smiley
Thanks Chief. Sure helps. Keep in mind i have my own opinions about what it means but as scripture says 'iron sharpens iron'. we all get stronger.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2012
ijawkid:

U wanna work in 9ja
Yup. life is an adventure. suffering is in the mind. if you get your mind right you will never experience suffering in this world even if you are suffering.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 12:33am On Jun 09, 2012
1- And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose - this passage is describing the Resurrection of dead spirits in living ( not dead ) israelite men and women. it is a symbolic statement. prior to the sacrifice made by christ on behalf of the israelites to atone for their sins, the israelites were all ( almost all ) in spiritual death. cut away from their life source. they were in hades. in hell. however when the blood of jesus atoned for their sins, the graves holding the dead spirits of these israelites opened and the spirits of the saints arose and became reconnected to the life source. this is a symbolic verse for ' spiritual resurrection'
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 1:11am On Jun 09, 2012
2- God did not spare the Angels who sinned but cast them down in chains of darkness into the lowest depths and handed them over to be kept for the judgment of torment, - to understand this quote, we need to know what exactly an angel is. These are two definitions of angels (1) a person who performs a mission of God or acts as if sent by God: (2) a messenger, especially of God. So who are these messengers of God that were cast down into chains of darkness and into the lowest depths and torment ? The israelites are Gods angels on earth. they are his messengers. Their message was to be the spiritual guidance and light to the world. To show the world the ways of the lord because they were the ones given his laws and covenants ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ). needless to say, they failed woefully in this respect and were cast down from a position of authority to a position of subservience to the gentiles ( lamentations 2 vs 1 ) ( romans 11 vs 11-12 ). and not only did he demote them into a position of torment and the lowest depth ( lamentation 4 vs 5 ), he also purposely put them in spiritual darkness so that they can get tormented and tortured by the devil. the devil has power over spiritually dead people ROMANS 11 VS 8[b] God has given them a spirit of drowsiness--eyes to see nothing with and ears to hear nothing with--even until now."[/b] thats the chain of darkness he cast them in.

3- he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames i cant do any more justice to this question than has been already been done
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Ptolomeus(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
[quote author=belabela
1. these verses have more than 1001 interpretations in Christendom and the basis for many doctrines.

2. This means they were resurrected! Did they go to heaven after that? I cannot say because I have no other information about that.

3. God did not spare the Angels who sinned

4. he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames.

5. Here the heavens used means the sky and outer space. The elements are sun and moon most likely. But what it expresses is the magnitude of the judgement of God. If you imagine seeing the sun and moon getting burnt up and the sky rolling away as though there is wild fire above us. Scary! Yes and it will happen when the heavens would roll away in flames.

6 Then how shall they who disdain the King of heaven escape His judgement?

[/quote]

1. 1001 interpretations? That's interesting. That way all will be right ... it is the eternal history of Christianity ...
2. Yes, it is impossible to say whether or not skyrocketed, even if resuscitated or not ... There are many different interpretations.
3. For thousands and years God battle with Satan and other demons, but can not be beat. You say that the fallen angels went into torment. But there is an error ... In Enoch I to III were fallen angels to torment, and the fallen angels century still not been overcome by God's more, the fallen angels and Satan are causing all the evils that exist. Something is wrong in the Bible.
4. What elements will melt?. Souls? I believe that souls do not melt. But it is a matter of INTERPRETATION, of course ...
5. A sky on fire. That makes me assume that the biblical God demanded sacrifices of virgins and children, not really civilized, and continues its vindictive and sadistic ... He sent exterminas to entire villages, killing all of humanity in the flood, and now apparently Ara burn the sky ... it's a very vengeful god and evil that you describe.
6. Follow the terror ... who does not love and obey God suffer such terrible torments. But in fact, suffer all the torments ... As in the flood ...
Finally ... it would be good to add some sanity and common sense to these interpretations as contradictory ... The most important of these is to talk d eun god who is the synthesis of goodness, but when he does not skimp exterminate hatred.
Satan will be so bad?
God has presented to me and he told me that I too must be an apostle, a bishop, and that I should collect the tithe ... or else boiling sulfur rain ...
You can make deposits through a bank ...
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 10:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
[quote author=Ptolomeus][/quote]Good read Brother Ptolomeus. Good read. however as an atheist i will have to take your opinion with a grain of salt. its like me telling you about how nice meat taste when i am a vegetarian.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by Ptolomeus(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
buzugee: Good read Brother Ptolomeus. Good read. however as an atheist i will have to take your opinion with a grain of salt. its like me telling you about how nice meat taste when i am a vegetarian.
Dear friend.
I've already explained a thousand times, I'm not an atheist ...
But anyway ...
Consider this argument: you ever ate "morcilla"? No? Then you can not talk about pigs!

Have you ever competed professionally in football? No? Then you can not comment on Sports ...
We urinating outside the hole hahahaha!
Anyway I have a very high opinion of you.
Re: Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses by buzugee(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Dear friend.
I've already explained a thousand times, I'm not an atheist ...
But anyway ...
Consider this argument: you ever ate "morcilla"? No? Then you can not talk about pigs!

Have you ever competed professionally in football? No? Then you can not comment on Sports ...
We urinating outside the hole hahahaha!
Anyway I have a very high opinion of you.
Dunno why i thought you were an atheist. so what are ya, an agnostic gnostic freethinker grin grin let me know what you believe in tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues The Bible Way / End Time: Half Naked Gospel singer Performs at Church –[PHOTO] / "Praying Naked Is Like Trying To Seduce God To Answer You"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.