Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? (16846 Views)

Poll: Can Superman lift Mjolnir?

Dude are you kidding me? He's Superman! Of course he can lift it.: 50% (4 votes)
Only Thor and Odin can. Not even Loki did, so how can Superman?: 50% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Did superman actually die??? :O / Superman Vs Hulk (your Opinion) / THE EVOLUTION OF SUPERMAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2012
Can Superman lift Thor's hammer? Even Hulk couldn't, and that's saying something.

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Bawss1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
I don't know about Superman but I think Magneto can seeing as he has power over all types of metals.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
I don't think so. He'd actually break his ancient back trying to levitate it. Lol
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Bawss1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 07, 2012
In the clip below Hulk is seen lifting Mjolnir, maybe in the Avengers movie he was under the weather grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4_TJpv8IpI

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
....lol at superman lifting thor's hammer.....knew this would be a debate one day....well, i'm 70% sure he can..... cool
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by iice(f): 4:07pm On Jun 07, 2012
No. Yes strength is needed, but importantly only those deemed worthy can wield it. So far only Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, The Red Norvell and Thor have wielded it. Gah. Soo geeky lol.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by firestar(f): 4:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
Man of Steel...
[size=15pt](o.Oi)[/size]
Good question...
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
firestar: Man of Steel...
[size=15pt](o.Oi)[/size]
Good question...
seriously speaking, haven't seen or read about any lady that enjoys watching cartoon except you and iice.... smiley
iice: No. Yes strength is needed, but importantly only those deemed worthy can wield it. So far only Captain America, Beta Ray Bill, The Red Norvell and Thor have wielded it. Gah. Soo geeky lol.
when did those mentioned above do that......
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by firestar(f): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
Feraz: seriously speaking, haven't seen or read about any lady that enjoys watching cartoon except you and iice.... smileywhen did those mentioned above do that......
Honto?
(Shrugs)
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Brisingr(m): 10:24am On Jun 08, 2012
i doubt if any body can lift it apart from thor himself though doc doom escaped from hell by hangin to it during civil war
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by iice(f): 5:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Feraz: seriously speaking, haven't seen or read about any lady that enjoys watching cartoon except you and iice.... smiley
when did those mentioned above do that......

Sorry man. Kinda lost my marbles abit. I blame Prometheus. Meaning, there are more who have wielded Mjolnir. Just have to wade through my brain to remember most of them. Superman was temporarily allowed to wield it by Odin. (Automatic response of mine is No when it comes to Superman tongue) I'm not referring to cartoons but comics, which gets confusing sometimes.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 6:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
Superman cannot wield it simple.

He was once given permission which allowed him to carry it.

The only people who have carried it without permission are Captain America and Beta Ray Bill as iice said.

It is not a strength thing at all but all about being worthy.

That clip is not the regular Thor and that is not the normal Mjolnier. That is Thor from the ultimate universe and that is a slighty different hammer.

The movie got that right by not allowing Hulk to pick it up.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2012
...pardon my ignorance but marvel and DC....when was he given permission to do that.....and the link to that
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Next2Bezee(m): 12:54am On Jun 09, 2012

Neither are fan arts, These are pages from Original older Dc/Marvel crossovers comics[/b].

Also Superman has beaten Hulk before...Original Crossover comics
[b]

Superman FTW grin
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 8:00am On Jun 09, 2012
Next2Bezee:

Neither are fan arts, These are pages from Original older Dc/Marvel crossovers comics[/b].

Also Superman has beaten Hulk before...Original Crossover comics
[b]

Superman FTW grin
the blow carry better weight....but it seems like it didn't move him and funny, we were arguing this in my class....ok, just read up something from wiki and the reason why he couldn't wield it was because the hammer perceived him not to have killing intent......unlike thor and beta ray bill......
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Brisingr(m): 9:23am On Jun 09, 2012
is thor d only marvel character that can fight superman ?
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2012
Lets be very clear Superman was given permission to carry that Hammer in that shot with Caps shield as well.

Also stopping a blow from the hammer is different from carrying it, quite a few people have stopped a blow from mjolnier with thier hands including Hulk self.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by khanivorous(f): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]

Naaaaa

The exclamation from thor: o odins beard and wat he said afterwards indicated that no one has ever performed such feat as stopin the hammer with his hand
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by ghostofsparta(m): 2:35am On Jun 10, 2012
Doomsday will wield Mlonjir with ease and Darksyde will wield 5 of it. I bet not even Odin can survive Darksyde's Omega Blast, an energy that almost killed the man of steel.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Next2Bezee(m): 2:38am On Jun 10, 2012
ghostofsparta: Doomsday will wield Mlonjir with ease and Darksyde will wield 5 of it. I bet not even Odin can survive Darksyde's Omega Blast, an energy that almost killed the man of steel.

Seconded
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
khanivorous: [color=#990000][/color]

Naaaaa

The exclamation from thor: o odins beard and wat he said afterwards indicated that no one has ever performed such feat as stopin the hammer with his hand

That was written for the crossover, it has happened more than once, I will bring pixs of it for you.

ghostofsparta: Doomsday will wield Mlonjir with ease and Darksyde will wield 5 of it. I bet not even Odin can survive Darksyde's Omega Blast, an energy that almost killed the man of steel.

Huh? Odin? Do you know who Odin is? Neither Doomsday or Darksied can wield Mjonlier. Even Superman could not do it until given permission.

Make I go bring pixs jare
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
First Evidence Superman cannot lift it unless allowed to by Odin:

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hulk stopping a hit from Mjolnier

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
You my brother.... are one marvel fan.......
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
Feraz: You my brother.... are one marvel fan.......

hahahaha Bonafide!

I was also born on Thor's day
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by ghostofsparta(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2012
Vieira:

Huh? Odin? Do you know who Odin is? Neither Doomsday or Darksied can wield Mjonlier. Even Superman could not do it until given permission.

Make I go bring pixs jare

Who doesn't know Odin the Allfather, see you are only right if looking at it from the comic world, let's try and visualize them into our reality and you'd think Darkseid or Doomsday would require permission to wield it. At worst they might not be able to completely wield it but at least would haul it back in a counter attack when gripped in mid-air and am sure the 2Ds can also resist it the hammer with ease. I could adjust my views by saying that since Mjonlier was created from the heart/energy of a dying star while Darkseid's age/Tech in his realm of exitence is beyond Asgard so logically Darkseid would probably even control Mjonlier with his super telekinesis.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by iice(f): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thank goodness Vieira is here lol.
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by firestar(f): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
So in other words... Any who lifts the hammer, he don hammer.

1 Like

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Feraz(m): 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
iice: Thank goodness Vieira is here lol.
yeah.....another marvel fan i know after you.....not trying to divert from the topic but i believe his father can wield it....that is jor el.....
From what i read on wiki, superman can't wield it because he doesn't have the killing intent.....seems like the hammer can perceive those who would be ready to kill.....
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Next2Bezee(m): 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Feraz: yeah.....another marvel fan i know after you.....not trying to divert from the topic but i believe his father can wield it....that is jor el.....
From what i read on wiki, superman can't wield it because he doesn't have the killing intent.....seems like the hammer can perceive those who would be ready to kill.....

I'm pretty sure Superman wouldn't have a hard time defeating a lot of people if he actually fought to kill.

Vieira: First Evidence Superman cannot lift it unless allowed to by Odin:

I'm pretty sure Odin himself couldn't do this...(Pre-Crisis Superman)

Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 10:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
ghostofsparta:

Who doesn't know Odin the Allfather, see you are only right if looking at it from the comic world

They are all from comics, how else should we view it now?

ghostofsparta:
At worst they might not be able to completely wield it but at least would haul it back in a counter attack when gripped in mid-air and am sure the 2Ds can also resist it the hammer with ease.

Agreed if in flight then Mjolnir can be redirected by certain peeps but not picking it up themselves and throwing.

ghostofsparta:
I could adjust my views by saying that since Mjonlier was created from the heart/energy of a dying star while Darkseid's age/Tech in his realm of exitence is beyond Asgard so logically Darkseid would probably even control Mjonlier with his super telekinesis.

Beyond Asgard? They are both from otherworldly realms where they are deemed gods. Telekinesis does not help. Plus Darksied can't even beat Superman self and ordinary Batman disgraced him recently.
Darksied na wannabe jare
Re: Can Superman Lift Mjolnir? by Vieira(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
Feraz: yeah.....another marvel fan i know after you.....not trying to divert from the topic but i believe his father can wield it....that is jor el.....

I like DC as well o, but my preference is Marvel.

To prove I no hate DC, Wonderwoman has been deemed one of the view worthy to weild Mjolnir

Jor-El? He is just a scientist, why do you think he is worthy to wield Mjolnir?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liz Benson, Kate Henshaw Feature In 'Busted' / Good Dj/liveband For Your Next Event / Seyi Has Been Evicted From BBNaija All-Stars House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.