Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players (14121 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Oba: I’m Ready To Drop My Ear Rings For Keshi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by BlackPikiN(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
[size=20pt]Launches Foundation To Help The Less Privileged[/size]

Super Eagles midfielder, Mikel Obi, has promised to assist some ex-internationals who are currently down through his Foundation which is expected to be launched in Lagos on Friday.

Mikel who is a member of the historic Chelsea team that won the UEFA Champions League last month said he has always nutured the hope of giving back to the society especially the homeless people he grew up with as a kid.

Speaking in Lagos yesterday, Mikel who became the third Nigerian player to win the prestigious Champions League said he believes this is the right time to launch the MIKEL OBI FOUNDATION in appreciation of the height God has placed him in his football career.

“It has always been on my mind to give back to the Nigerian society that made me.

“I grew up in Jos where I played street football with lots of the less priviledged and homeless people who hardly had enough to eat. Having been in such situation myself and with the little success God has enabled me to achieve in my career, I feel this is the right time to lend assistance.

“As for some ex-internationals who are currently down, the foundation would be ready to assist where possible,” said Mikel who was in company of his agent, John Shittu and Super Eagles colleague, Chinedu Obasi.

The official launching is billed to hold on Friday by 6.00 pm at the Civic Centre, Victoria Island simultaneously with a welcome party organised in honour of Mikel by members of the Lagos Business Community.

Governor of Lagos State, His Excellency Babatunde Raji Fashola is expected to grace the occasion as the Special Guest of Honour at the event.

http://completesportsnigeria.com/news/2012/06/mikel-im-ready-to-help-retired-player

1 Like

Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2012
nice one Mikel.. Up chelsea!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by WhoIGoAsk: 2:02pm On Jun 08, 2012
that's noble
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by miteolu(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2012
So, Mikel can talk.

1 Like

Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by gaffer: 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
Very thoughtful of u Mikel, More success upon success.
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by zangiff(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
ok
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by inspirenet: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Nice one Mikel
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by stepo707: 2:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Thats nice mikel.God bless you
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Beautymc(f): 2:10pm On Jun 08, 2012
miteolu: So, Mikel can talk.
Meaning?
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by wolexojo(m): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2012
I like the idea. Its unique and it follows a different pattern. Kudos bro!
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by highland(m): 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2012
Great for you.
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by lifestyle1(m): 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
Beautymc: Meaning?

He tot he was dumb. undecided
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by oc2fish: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2012
Thank you very much. Those that belive that your not good becos of goal issues and club factor should bring their valued star player to help Nigerian.
Thank you for being the best stopper in the world. You played with deadly strikers like Messi, Swaraji and Ribbery. You stop them all. At Chelsea we
need you to stop goal dangerous stikers and good salary. BLUES FOR LIFE
[b]Thank you very much. Those that belive that your not good becos of goal issues and club factor should bring their valued star player to help Nigerian.
Thank you for being the best stopper in the world. You played with deadly strikers like Messi, Swaraji and Ribbery. You stop them all. At Chelsea we
[/b]Thank you very much. Those that belive that your not good becos of goal issues and club factor should bring their valued star player to help Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Mavrick2012: 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
I may b rong bt i tot d rite(or most apropriate)place to lunch such foundatn should b in ajegunle or any getto around naija?wel,more gris 2 his legs.HELPIN D NEEDY IS D REAL WORK OF GOD
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by ifunayam(f): 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2012
Right step in the right direction, more grease Mikel...
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 08, 2012
Up mikel,up chelsea ! grin
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by ZIGGYCOM: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
9iz one Mikel..Up Chelsea jawe.
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by kasiem(m): 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
waiting for those who have never to see any good thing from mikel
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
Thats good of him.Wise igbo that use their money to make the world a better place.First Kanu Nwankwo,now Mikel.Keep it up.Igbo kweeenu!!
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by chiama1: 2:36pm On Jun 08, 2012
God bless you, Mikel
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Supergwin(m): 2:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
9ce to know dt u'll be a footballer in london n a humanitarian in naija.. I wonda wen keshi ll make u both... GGMUB-bro
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by flexdee(m): 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
That's a right thing. Kudos
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by atuboweke(m): 2:39pm On Jun 08, 2012
What is Fashola doing there? Always jumping into other people good gesture to gain political votes. MIKEL be careful oh!!! Tifnubu might milk u dry.

1 Like

Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2012
great news, but believe me some asshole will criticise this noble gesture now. Like d one who thought the launching should be held in Ajegunle instead.

1 Like

Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by niddamugu(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
Wise initiative.......
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Leoejiofor(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
Heey
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by nomshu(m): 2:48pm On Jun 08, 2012
This is one of its kind, Others shuld learn. up Mikel
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 08, 2012
Good look - refreshing, we all need to be our brothers' keeper.......... Love maketh the world and the journey to fulfilling our beloved country's greatness can only be fastened by embracing the less privileged, and helping those among us who're unfortunate.

Kudos.
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by 55gal(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
Nice move by Mikel.
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by greall1: 3:03pm On Jun 08, 2012
More blessing & me 2
Re: Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players by executinal(m): 3:05pm On Jun 08, 2012
Mikel the best is yet to come. Good one boy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup: We’re Not Prepared – Super Falcons Coach / A Thread For NFL Fanatics - Daily News/Results....Rep For Your Team / Balotelli And Rossi To Lead Attack Against Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.