Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians (15556 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Frustrating Adverts/text Messages / Airtel Is Giving Out 300MB To Customers / Airtel Is At It Again. Free Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Trustyd1(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2012
http://www.smrtguard.com/refer.jsp?deviceId=2377adcf&load=GK3m8gx3s7oI9amDACJPzGz%2FUnyTyrfjb0tv339uFoyPiWb%2B6OiyQKkf%2B5aUQKB6

This link will help u download smartguard on ur bb. It has call blacklist and sms blacklist. You can also report a number or text as spam. Enjoy it and stop complaining
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by shadowxteem(m): 10:30am On Jun 08, 2012
jus bought 2 glo 2 replace my 2 of my airtel line.cant wait 2 change d rubish line due 2 netwrk failure.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 08, 2012
was also experiencing the same thing angry . . .then i found a solution. . . I downloaded an app on my phone and blacklisted those useless airtel numbers cheesy . . .since then my airtel sim has been silent grin
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by aieromon(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2012
I hope they listen and mend their ways.

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 08, 2012
Its not just Airtel, MTN too, I had to throw my 2 lines away last week and bought new ones.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by spendogram: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2012
@OP, you are complaining of "ordinary" text messages fro airtel. What will you say about a real call (night inclusive)from Glo number 4040 or is 0404 something like that. The call comes in, you wander if there is an emergency or why will anybody be calling you at night and voila ! It's glo number 4040 trying to advertize some bullshits or attempting to give you health tips.Something that you never subscribed to. It is really frustrating.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Demdem(m): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2012
Billyonaire: Its not just Airtel, MTN too, I had to throw my 2 lines away last week and bought new ones.

the truth is virtually all of these networks are guilty of this

scopusng: Just sent STOP to 3030 to block useless mensenges.

Any one for glo too
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2012
ghost: I seem to be grossly frustrated with the way Airtel disturbs me.
Whoever set of people are in their adverts department are taking their advert methods too far,they are frustrating millions of Nigerianss everyday and most times they are responsible for making people unhappy.
Everyday I receive an average of 6 text messages fro Airtel,38297 etc, they send the same advert messages and I am tired deleting it, frustrating enough, yesterday,they sent me an advert message at 2am,waking me up and I couldn't find sleep again.
As if that's not enough, they call millions of Nigerians and when you pick,they start advertising again, numbers like 141, 07080604010 etc.
I have been calling the customer care almost everyday for the past 4 months and they keepp promising me it would stop in 2hrs,6hrs etc only for me to receive the messages again.
Please People can anyone pls help us complain to NCC.
Airtel is frustrating us with spam messages and calls, and their customer care services are completely useless.
Help us I beg.

I do not use Airtel but what I so much hate about their recent advert is the so called Millionaire Saga...

Saying...

[size=18pt]Millionaire @ 29 is 5 years late...
[/size]
Gosh *eyes dropped* shocked what are they trying to tell the young ones... Go into stealing or prostitution?

How I wish there is a board that will just stop that adverts and make them pay for disrupting the mind of young ones.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by sylve11: 10:58am On Jun 08, 2012
Lol @ comments, Mtn, Glo and the rest are not exempted o. But Airtel own is kinda too much. grin grin grin cool
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Walphem(m): 10:59am On Jun 08, 2012
before now any sms ring tone that sounds on my phone is usually a thing of joy to me; mayb alert 4 salaries, new month greetings or an important notification etc, but lately i realize i do delete some important messages b4 reading them, reasons at least 4 out my 6 sms' in a day are from airtel. CAN U BELIEVE IT? 1 just came in just now: EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR U........... abeg i no tell them say i sabi play lotto oooo
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Smilenw(f): 11:00am On Jun 08, 2012
OMG ! I thought I was alone. The wee hour msgs are the most irritating ! Imagine waking up at 1.30 am to see 'ABCD has been auto renewed or Dial 335 for music updates' wtf ??! :/ Their customer service is equally annoying. There was a time some software upgradation was taking place n these useless clueless bunch told me for 2 straight weeks that the problem was with my BB. I almost ended up buying another one. The only reason for keeping the line is coz I don't have the courage to go back to MTN or Glo.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by itslordmoh: 11:10am On Jun 08, 2012
ogbeche77: Same here too..Especially when u are expecting a credit alert,only to open ur inbox and end up disapointed.. But there should be a way to screen out those numbers from ones phone

You have a different problem oh.lol
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2012
Why not file a class action suit against Airtel for unsolicited messages. lipsrsealed
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Gejeans(m): 11:11am On Jun 08, 2012
Really frsutrating!! Absolutely poor means of building customer awareness. They are definitely on the verge of losing customers due to this stupidity. ahaa....aaa
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2012
Why not file a class action suit against Airtel for unsolicited messages. wink
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by philip0906(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2012
Oh dear. . .can someone please tell me how 2 blacklist MTN? They keep bombarding me with text messages every now and then. I so hate it, cos u might be expecting a message 4rm someone only 2 c that it is mtn with their useless messages.
That was how they told me "ur number has been selected and you could win an hyndai this night costs 100naira only".I reluctantly subscribed next thing was they started asking easy questions-charging 10 naira 4 each. After I had gone thru that,they sent me a message saying i had moved 2 d "turbo zone" and d charge was 100naira per message. I got angry cos they made it look like it was only 100naira that was needed,but alas u could spend almost 1000naira 4 a useless gae u r not sure of winning.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Tgirl4real(f): 11:23am On Jun 08, 2012
It's so sickening. Glo and Etisalat are equally guilty.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by greatgod2012(f): 11:39am On Jun 08, 2012
even when serious msgs are coming,u'll not know, e tire mii sa
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Wilfem(m): 11:41am On Jun 08, 2012
I've been wondering too, if I was the only one going through this frustrating experience all in the name of 'making life beautiful'. I even called a friend of mine who worked there to help me stop all those messages, but he advised me that at times, there could be some important messages. That has been the only reason why I've not blocked their numbers from sending me those messages. I've even received up to 3 of them today.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by pendusky(m): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2012
Whoever set of people are in their adverts department are taking their advert methods too far,they are frustrating millions of Nigerianss everyday and most times they are responsible for making people unhappy.
Everyday I receive an average of 6 text messages fro Airtel,38297 etc, they send the same advert messages and I am tired deleting it, frustrating enough, yesterday,they sent me an advert message at 2am,waking me up and I couldn't find sleep again.
As if that's not enough, they call millions of Nigerians and when you pick,they start advertising again, numbers like 141, 07080604010 etc.
I have been calling the customer care almost everyday for the past 4 months and they keepp promising me it would stop in 2hrs,6hrs etc only for me to receive the messages again.
Airtel is frustrating us with spam messages and calls, and their customer care services are completely useless.
Help us I beg.

Airtel is disturbing u since ure a ghost and! If they hav a new package nd u dnt knw, u wil stil complain theyr nt gud!
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by crackhouse(m): 11:44am On Jun 08, 2012
There was a day i was expecting a call from sb and all of a sudden my phone rang, i looked at the number and it was 0708060**** so i just concluded that it's either the person didn't have enough airtime to call me with his number or he is calling with his other number but i was proved wrong when i picked the call and start hearing rubbish airtel advert. The thing vex me no be small.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by felix4real: 11:48am On Jun 08, 2012
wow!!!! i didn't know this happens to a lot of people. I started receiving unusually high number of SMS from Airtel in May and i called customer care to stop it. they promised to stop it in 24 hours...but 24 days later it's no longer just SMS now they have added Advert phone calls. I Was in crucial meeting a short while ago and my phone rang, when i took the call it turned out to be another of Airtel's adverts. I've been a subscriber for 10 years and throughout its evolution (or devolution) this has never happened. It just shows how uncharacteristic Indian companies are and how they think less of people they render paid service to.

I have called them to give them my final warning and if i should so much as get another unsolicited advert from them I will sue for invasion of privacy. I have already informed my lawyer and he has assured me that this Molehill can be turned into a Mountain in a few short days should i decide to go ahead. I am almost at the tipping point and i'm just waiting for that proverbial last straw to hit.

P.S. their so-called offers are fake!!! I loaded my phone expecting extra airtime like was promised but not a dime extra was added to what i loaded.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by jude33084(m): 11:50am On Jun 08, 2012
grin cheesy
honeric01: I thought i was being targeted by Airtel, now i know i am not alone angry angry angry
cheesy
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Melinde: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2012
this nonsense made me to drop the line and bought another MTN line.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by segunjowo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2012
Airtel is now a fraud. yesterday I loaded a N100 recharge card to make a call. the number dialled was not international, neither was it fraudulent, because I call same number often. Total credit balance on my account was N103 before the call. I was surprised when my call terminated at exactly 12 seconds later(I guess after the N3 had been exhausted). The switchboard alerted me my credit has been exhausted. On checking my screen, I saw, boldly written: your last call was N100. balance N0.40!!!
I have never subscribed to any of their nonsense advert, irrespective of how attractive it is. I have never borrow their money in advance. I was only surprised at the cheap fraud. I've heard different stories of money being deducted from peoples account and then, they hit my account yesterday.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by gbemisegun(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Airtel doesn't only need to stop buh also be sanctioned. It would be bearable @ 1 or 2 /day buh not every hour. I called also to complain to the customer care and imagine. If they had received this much complaint why still send d message? . Imagine how many millions of Nigerians they have duped with their "lucky" text back and "win" promos. Thses providers need to be flogged well.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by Esinwaju: 1:01pm On Jun 08, 2012
ogbeche77: Same here too..Especially when u are expecting a credit alert,only to open ur inbox and end up disapointed.. But there should be a way to screen out those numbers from ones phone
You are so right cos this happened to me yesterday. I was as flat as Bleep and was expecting a credit alert since my homie in Lagos had promised to grease my palms. So I was hoping to get the alert so I kept vigil with my fone by my side. After waiting for about 2hrs, I started feeling sleepy so I decided to crash and just when I was starting to enjoy the nap, my phone vibrated. I sprang up from the bed, grabbed my phone, expecting to see credit alert only for me to see that useless and annoying number the Op is complaining about. Meen I was so pissed.
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by kpolli(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
Help us I beg.

U have not met glo and etisalat, they are far worse
Re: Airtel Is Taking Their Adverts Too Far.....its Frustrating Nigerians by kpolli(m): 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
mistake grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updated : How To Download Youtube Videos(No Application Needed) / 5 Reasons We Love Android Devices / Glo Bis On (android) What The Way Forward!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.