Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? (4140 Views)

Can You Love Somebody But Wouldn't Marry Them? / The Hardest Thing T0 D0 Is T0 Watch The One You Love, Love Somebody Else Omg! / Can You Love Somebody Without Trust? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by crazyape(f): 5:18pm On Apr 02, 2006
Hey friends!

I have aQuestion. Is it possible to fell in love with somebodyover the Internet. I mean u and a girl/boy chat sometimes and allat once this person tells u that he/she fell in Love with u. But u never see this person in real life. I dont think that this have a future. What u think about this?

Greetings from the Ape
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:20pm On Apr 02, 2006
yes it is wink, it's very possible
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Zahymaka(m): 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2006
I don't think it's possible. I believe you have to meet to decide if you're in love or not. There's something called [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_%28computer_security%29]Social Engineering[/url] and you might fall victim to it.

On the other hand, someone who repulses you on the internet just might be your kind of person. It's always good to know who you're talking to.

And hey, don't call yourself an ape -- you're very pretty, you know. . . wink
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by kenshin(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2006
I don't think so
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Tikko(m): 4:15pm On Apr 11, 2006
Rhodalyn:

yes it is wink, it's very possible
You know what Rhod, I like the way you approach issues, you are absolutely right is very possible.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by iffe(f): 7:40pm On Apr 11, 2006
off course yes
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by smartsoft(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2006
it is very possible very very ! well i have one now, and i met her through the internet
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Hotstepper(f): 9:11pm On Apr 19, 2006
i can't love noone ova the internet, nevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by smartsoft(m): 11:26pm On Apr 19, 2006
dude you have to see this person before you can decide.  Love no beans ( Abi you think say nah beans to burst 16 )  what really happens through the internet is likeness or what other people call lust, 

This very person i'm talking about, we finally hook-up in lagos and she is somewhere around lagos for Easter break before she goes back to school !
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by 1Lola(f): 7:57pm On Apr 20, 2006
i dont think that it will be real love that makes you love that person over the internet, think, theres many things that make you lose your love , weather it is how kind and generous he is our how caring his is or howwill you know that those qualities are even true and other things that make you love him/her is :
the way they smile at you even if they had a hard day
the way they always grab your food when they go to the table to eat
the way they kiss your nose before you go to bed
and the way he says good night

these are somethings that can make you love a person ( examples) but how will you know that if you never even saw them>

and you have to admit apperance is A LOT well at last to most people. To me its not but you know what is:
the way you treat me when we go out to eat
the way you like to have fun
and how on earth will i know that if i never met you
you can say a lot of things over the computer, how will i know that your telling the truth

well thats my advice, i now i write too much but i be having to let everthing out.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Free(f): 11:44pm On Apr 20, 2006
Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet?
my answer is No!!!!!!! , cheesy
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by eveseh(f): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2006
no,that's aint no L.O.V.E
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by aristocrat(m): 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2009
men its damn possible, its depends on how emotional u are.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2009
You want reality?

It all depends.I f you are talking about love Ill argue that its not real love but infatuation,crush or lust. For the ladies, their emotions get easily engaged. But for the guys we usually have to see her first (most timed her picture first) before we carry on at full gear. We will definitely want to fall in love with her looks before any other thing.

Besides its an individual thing. Some people fear the adventure and suspense involved.

But because people say they can not doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We are all aware it does. While in school a girl left Unical to Uniport to visit a guy she met through Yahoo Instant Messenger.

And Ive seen people who met on the net, got together and today they are married.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by aristocrat(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2009
i can c u are realistic but am still insisting there are some guys dat are emotionally wick dat can love by mere listening 2 a ladys voice. dis is not infactuation but true love.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by okwanuzo3(f): 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2009
Hotstepper:

i can't love noone ova the internet, nevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
never say never.
Afterall people get hooked up by family or friends and only get to know each other from phone conversations until they eventually meet.
Very similar if u ask me.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Dynamiq(m): 12:06am On Jan 17, 2009
It is possible but it is a thing that will be difficult for most mature minds to do. Most people that are mature will hesitate before falling in love like that. For example, such persons may want to know more about the person on the other side beyond mere internet interactions. My judgement is that what is more reasonable is to first develop interest. Developing interest should however not be condused with falling in love. It is this interest that will now encourage the person to decide how far to go or whether not to go at all.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Dynamiq(m): 12:12am On Jan 17, 2009
It is possible but it is a thing that will be difficult for most mature minds to do. Most people that are mature will hesitate before falling in love like that. For example, such persons may want to know more about the person on the other side beyond mere internet interactions. My judgement is that what is more reasonable is to first develop interest. Developing interest should however not be condused with falling in love. It is this interest that will now encourage the person to decide how far to go or whether not to go at all.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by iice(f): 6:28pm On Jan 17, 2009
Connection as friends. . .yes
Relationship. . .hell-to-da-No!
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by bluespice(f): 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2009
frienship?
done it so many times
relationships?
there's just something about it thats rib cracking hilarious
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by MrCrackles(m): 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2009
Very hard but i d prefer not to! grin cheesy
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Sweetepie(f): 10:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
If you "honestly" dont mind a "limited" relationship, sure!

You can only know what the other person tells you online, You will never know 4 sure about this person until you are face 2 face and have spent quality time, Anyone can pretend to be "perfect" online,
You would be settling for a non-realistic approach to love, lipsrsealed cry
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by C2H5OH(f): 10:37pm On Jan 17, 2009
What is a realistic approach? Arranged Marriage?
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
Welcome
YES IT IS POSSIBLE TO FELL IN LOVE IN INTERNET.

Read my new thread: Marriage With A Nigerian Man

I fell in love and get married, I'm going to send him an invitation, but most posts are against me. Some of them are nice.
I am different woman now.

Maybe in next centuries people will fell in love only in internet and live together without problems.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Phate07(m): 9:29pm On Jan 04, 2011

Quite possible, for the weak minded. undecided
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by uzoegbu(m): 11:16pm On Jan 04, 2011
@topic

Girls are very cheap so is possible if you want 2 argue with me just try facebook,all they want is money not love
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by scemchee(m): 1:37am On Jan 05, 2011
Easiest way to fall in love.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by PTBNaija(f): 2:48am On Jan 05, 2011
I don't think so. You can be in love with the image that they project to you, but you can't really love what you cannot physically see and interact with.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 05, 2011
If I happen to fall in love over the internet, I will go to rehab.
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by MrsEve2(f): 3:04am On Jan 05, 2011
Why did that make me laugh?^^^^^^^
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by 190: 3:06am On Jan 05, 2011
rokiatu:

If I happen to fall in love over the internet, I will go to rehab.

what about guys who fall in love wit your backside in sexuality zone!! shocked shocked angry angry
Re: Can U Love Somebody Over The Internet? by Dsense(m): 3:11am On Jan 05, 2011
OP.
I don't believe in this kinda of love ooo
I think you can only like someone online but, to love . . . . . undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Marry Your Best Friend's Son/daughter Or Your Dad's/mom's Best Friend? / Nigerian Ladies Can Be So Unromantic Duh! / Describe This Boyfriend In One Word (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.