Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? (11026 Views)

Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? / Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 10:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
Its scary sha. We wey dey ground neva see any pure hustle. Brethren. This forum is also open to former ajuwayas that are now gainfully employed. Share your experiences. for newbies share Ur anticipations, ur fears and hopes. lets face d challenge (oppurtunity) together.

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by 080ictcom(f): 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2012
i will welcome them and pray that the will find job. i am tired of allowing government to use me to sign money from investors in nigeria. I am my own boss doing my legal online business. Pls, up coming ajuwaya; don't depend on white kola job or hope our govt becos if do, u will stay in the houz 10yrs without job. Many have graduate and many are admitted hahaha OBJ told me to park 4 his farm.

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 10:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Guy thanks.. Make e no b like say dem use mortar cover my head.. Thats d real ish my guy.. Hustle ur way thru fellas
. The key thing is : never be idle. Plan to break into a bank if u r clueless as to what to do.

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by snowmint(m): 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
Hmmm, what a nice topic,,, scaring though, but the truth is that only the hopeless will be scared,, children of the rich obviously won't be worried. Then self employed are save too,I'm a batch C corper, but aint scared of the post cos of my self developed skills.....i ll just advice corpers and graduate τ̅☺ be creative,,, let's engage our minds τ̅☺ produce qaulity ideas!!

3 Likes

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 5:55am On Jun 10, 2012
@ snowmint: u r right on point... I hv two friends, zoologist and computer scientist working in a bank and in shell (offshore) respectively..
So fellas, if u be octopus, use ur 8 legs well . If nt have some skills. U could learn something useful in a very short while.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by tanimola22: 7:14am On Jun 10, 2012
What is the current unemployment rate amongst fresh graduates in Nigeria? I just don't know what the people in charge are doing to improve this condition. Even menial jobs are hard to come by in naija. It is sad that many are unemployed, yet we all hear of some fresh graduates that get more than 2 mad offers after NYSC.

On a last note, people will still have to depend on employment opportunities. Realistically, not everyone can develop creative thinking skills. If it were not so, then gains from creative thinking would have long been diminished. This is why only those who have developed these skills can enjoy the benefits that come with them. I agree that it is really truly very dangerous to graduate and solely depend on getting a professional job. But, in all sincerity, why did many Nigerians acquire higher level education?

T22

3 Likes

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by 2sexy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
T22, you have it there. I too will be joining soon but frankly speaking, I am not in any way scared. The reason is that in the last four years, I have developed my entrepreneurial skill. I have skills that people will pay me for. It is very sad that Nigerians are yet to realize it that being in business is the right thing to do, pending when you get a job.

2 Likes

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by 080ictcom(f): 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2012
I personally said dat when i finished mine. No body will like to experience negative in life but all am advicing people to always have plan b in thing the are doing in life.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2012
Guys guys... Personally i am skilled in music being doing it since 97. Hmmm, doing business wld nt improve u and the economy in the long run.
For instance, i read agricultural engineering. There is little one can do on his/her own. Wld i buy an acre land for 10m to plant maize?, buy a tractor of 45m?, when wld i recover my capital?.. These are the Government's responsibilities. most of the personal biz or runz or self employed stuff pple are talking abt profits little or nothing. can u run a home with its profits? Start a family?.
nigerians are just over-motivated jare... More than 5,000 biz names are registered with CAC every week. Everybody na General contractor, everybody dey into clearing and forwarding, branding, cleaning services and so on.. How does this help the country, or u ? Besides cash to feed urself, flex a lil. our Government needs to wake up jare. We are a consuming nation. Busy with paperworks. God help us

4 Likes

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by OdunetLbs: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Well I personally believe it'll improve a little bit now, with the new NYSC policy banning service in private coys...this is because, most companies (esp: banks) have always used cheap nysc labour to fill up d vacancies, thereby leaving able graduates unemployed. Nysc had always been a source of cheap labour for them, which they could easily change with every new batch...though i suspect dat these sneaky coys would engage a lot of casual for the nysc shortfall.

tanimola22: What is the current unemployment rate amongst fresh graduates in Nigeria? I just don't know what the people in charge are doing to improve this condition. Even menial jobs are hard to come by in naija. It is sad that many are unemployed, yet we all hear of some fresh graduates that get more than 2 mad offers after NYSC.

On a last note, people will still have to depend on employment opportunities. Realistically, not everyone can develop creative thinking skills. If it were not so, then gains from creative thinking would have long been diminished. This is why only those who have developed these skills can enjoy the benefits that come with them. I agree that it is really truly very dangerous to graduate and solely depend on getting a professional job. But, in all sincerity, why did many Nigerians acquire higher level education?

T22
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by nitrogen(m): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
120,000 corpers are passing out next week? Are you serious or joking? Thats an average of 360,000 every year, and at least 330,000 job applicants a year, if this is true then Nigeria is in trouble.

Seriously, i want someone to come and tell (prove to) me that those figures are wrong.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2012
@nitrogen : i hv been trying to get d exact figures. Not even the nysc site has it... We were almost 2,000 in taraba last yr march. So lets say 2k*36 states = 72,000. Nt forgetting the fact that lagos, abj, ph that has more infrastructures besides schools tends to hv corpers of abt 4k, as thier orientation programme is even distributed in other states. If the 120k posted above is wrong.. Its not by a very very large margin.

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by nitrogen(m): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
kilokeys: @nitrogen : i hv been trying to get d exact figures. Not even the nysc site has it... We were almost 2,000 in taraba last yr march. So lets say 2k*36 states = 72,000. Nt forgetting the fact that lagos, abj, ph that has more infrastructures besides schools tends to hv corpers of abt 4k, as thier orientation programme is even distributed in other states. If the 120k posted above is wrong.. Its not by a very very large margin.
Its a pity, God help us o.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by bobbydbobo: 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pls, does any1 know how much a fresh graduate working wiv Nigerian Ministry of foreign affairs earns as salary... Pls Urgent and important. Honest responses pls .....
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 4:36am On Jun 11, 2012
bobbydbobo: Pls, does any1 know how much a fresh graduate working wiv Nigerian Ministry of foreign affairs earns as salary... Pls Urgent and important. Honest responses pls .....
my guy its quite difficult to know o. These things are coded. I had a friend who was collecting like 100k as basic salary while serving in d ministry of works. Plus corper allowee and state allowee my guy money dey reach 120k+. While some main staff there no go collect reach 40k.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by 2sexy(m): 9:12am On Jun 11, 2012
kilokeys: Guys guys... Personally i am skilled in music being doing it since 97. Hmmm, doing business wld nt improve u and the economy in the long run.
For instance, i read agricultural engineering. There is little one can do on his/her own. Wld i buy an acre land for 10m to plant maize?, buy a tractor of 45m?, when wld i recover my capital?.. These are the Government's responsibilities. most of the personal biz or runz or self employed stuff pple are talking abt profits little or nothing. can u run a home with its profits? Start a family?.
nigerians are just over-motivated jare... More than 5,000 biz names are registered with CAC every week. Everybody na General contractor, everybody dey into clearing and forwarding, branding, cleaning services and so on.. How does this help the country, or u ? Besides cash to feed urself, flex a lil. our Government needs to wake up jare. We are a consuming nation. Busy with paperworks. God help us

Man, you may be right but not entirely. I tell you there is still untapped niches which you can break into and make more money for yourself. All you have to do is educate yourself more on business opportunities around you. As I type this,there are people who are involved in export of Nigeria's commodity and there are companies overseas that buy form them. You may decide to become a middle man and earn commission. You can connect the buyer and seller together and receive commission on both sides. I read about a guy called kenneth obi who earned thirty thousand dollars doing this from Nigeria. The guy has been doing this for over 6 years , so you may not have the same experience as him, but with a little research and persistence, you will get there.
e
What the said kenneth did was to find a buyer of sesame seed online and the man needed 30 containers of sesame seed. kenneth had to ask the Romanian that he would be paid one thousand dollars per container and the man agreed. Kenneth sourced for sellers of the seed, the man came to Nigeria and that was how they did business. he found the guy at www.alibaba.com at the forum on there.

If I wanted to do mine, I will simply help people design their website and help take their businesses online and of course, webdesign is not enough. If you have a skill and you do not have the marketing tools in place, then you are as good as dead. The basic principle of money is find a need and fill it, but with more value added to it than its widely available and you will always smile to the bank.

As I type now, there are over 3 systems and blueprint which I have built for myself that is guaranteed to make me good money when I am done with school work.

There are many more that I could share with people but that may be when I am at my NYSC camp.

So guys, find a need and fill it. Find a starving crowd and feed it. Find a problem and solve it. let you thinking do the work and take action.

Many Nigerian do not read books written by American because some think that whatever is written in such books may not work in Nigeria. Let me tell you, the owner of complete sport came from a poor family but he is a millionaire today just by reading books written by Americans. The first book that changed him waas Think and Grow Rich.

I on my part first got the a first touch of business/investor mind set after reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki. There after I read Rich Dad's Guide to Investment. The latter alone revealed how businesses think and act that is why most advert dont work on me any more. Adverts make people poor and investors richer. You wont understand what I mean till you read that book.

Read, develop your mentality, Take action and you will never be afraid of Nigeria's economy.

Improving your financial intelligence is all you need to do... and you will be invisible!

8 Likes

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by nitrogen(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2012
2sexy:

Man, you may be right but not entirely. I tell you there is still untapped niches which you can break into and make more money for yourself. All you have to do is educate yourself more on business opportunities around you. As I type this,there are people who are involved in export of Nigeria's commodity and there are companies overseas that buy form them. You may decide to become a middle man and earn commission. You can connect the buyer and seller together and receive commission on both sides. I read about a guy called kenneth obi who earned thirty thousand dollars doing this from Nigeria. The guy has been doing this for over 6 years , so you may not have the same experience as him, but with a little research and persistence, you will get there.
e
What the said kenneth did was to find a buyer of sesame seed online and the man needed 30 containers of sesame seed. kenneth had to ask the Romanian that he would be paid one thousand dollars per container and the man agreed. Kenneth sourced for sellers of the seed, the man came to Nigeria and that was how they did business. he found the guy at www.alibaba.com at the forum on there.

If I wanted to do mine, I will simply help people design their website and help take their businesses online and of course, webdesign is not enough. If you have a skill and you do not have the marketing tools in place, then you are as good as dead. The basic principle of money is find a need and fill it, but with more value added to it than its widely available and you will always smile to the bank.

As I type now, there are over 3 systems and blueprint which I have built for myself that is guaranteed to make me good money when I am done with school work.

There are many more that I could share with people but that may be when I am at my NYSC camp.

So guys, find a need and fill it. Find a starving crowd and feed it. Find a problem and solve it. let you thinking do the work and take action.

Many Nigerian do not read books written by American because some think that whatever is written in such books may not work in Nigeria. Let me tell you, the owner of complete sport came from a poor family but he is a millionaire today just by reading books written by Americans. The first book that changed him waas Think and Grow Rich.

I on my part first got the a first touch of business/investor mind set after reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert Kiyosaki. There after I read Rich Dad's Guide to Investment. The latter alone revealed how businesses think and act that is why most advert dont work on me any more. Adverts make people poor and investors richer. You wont understand what I mean till you read that book.

Read, develop your mentality, Take action and you will never be afraid of Nigeria's economy.

Improving your financial intelligence is all you need to do... and you will be invisible!
Whaoh! Nice one. You really took your time on this.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by kilokeys(m): 11:13am On Jun 11, 2012
Nicely put @ nitrogen..
I am seriously considering dreaming big. Can i consider valium or lexothan. Which one works better?

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by AjanleKoko: 11:39am On Jun 11, 2012
kilokeys: Nicely put @ nitrogen..
I am seriously considering dreaming big. Can i consider valium or lexothan. Which one works better?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Korrect post jare grin
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by NSNA: 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2012
Look for small business to do. If it pays rent and food and transport that is a good start.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by nairalady(f): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
NSNA: Look for small business to do. If it pays rent and food and transport that is a good start.
i agree with u

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by slimming: 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
If you don't want to join them, then join me at Green World and let make it together. I refused to join the unemployed market, you too can make it up.

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by lifestyle1(m): 3:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
They are welcome!!! undecided
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by Fourcade(m): 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
*Wande Coal's music comes to mind*
Shey na like this we go de dey...
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by Mcleo007(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
Its a good thing to have such a large number of 'employable' workforce join the existing ones; only in Nigeria does it look like its a curse. Who wouldn't think so? My one advice for them is to look beyond the ordinary and think up ways they can exploit their immediate environment to their own advantage. I get tired of saying how much money there is to make in this economy of ours; if only people are willing to come against all prejudice and do the necessary. Self-employment is the backbone of any rational economy looking to up its GDP indices. Nigeria has come of age, the youths can do it! I welcome the 120,000 corpers to the labour market (my gf inclusive) smiley
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by tessyade: 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2012
2sexy:

e

Food for thought. Nice one.
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by Oluwa4Sure: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
Fourcade: *Wande Coal's music comes to mind*
Shey na like this we go de dey...

Ha! Ha! Na like this we go dey dey??
Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by afolayangs(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
Well, I welcome them and it is my prayers that they get something doing with the little they have if any.

my story. I have got Bsc Econs in 2005 from unilorin finished NYSC in 2006 August to be precise and that was with an IT firm after which I decided to stay at home until 18 dec 2006 when i got job with one of the investment banks(IB) in VI. I left the IB in august 2008 for ma Msc and graduated in 2009 with Msc. corporate finance and investment. That was in the UK.

To cut the long story short am now with of the Development Financial Institution(DFIs)in Abuja.

my advise:

1. start business if you have little capital. just think of an idea that people can buy into e.g home cleaning, running errand for a large estate like payment of their utility bills, dry cleaning,etc
2. apply for jobs. please don't be tire of this
3. improve your skills, 2nd degree and professional exams.

This may not really be what you like to read but its an advise

Bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by wysenas(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
Nobody can ever help u more than yurself.4get paid job and do smthing 4 yurself.u can start any of these small biz and make it.laundry and dry cleaning,pop corn,frying yam,potatoes and akara,second hand clothe,shoes etc.selling phones and accessories,coaching centre,online biz like Ninjamagick and other profitable biz.stop wasting yur time look 4 unavailable job.

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by Nauttyprof(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
I think the figure is just too high because I could vividly remember that when the present batch 'b' that is about to pass out, were preparing for orientation camp, it was announced that they would be the highest figure so far in NYSC which was about 95,000. Whichever way, I think our government just need to do more by creating more jobs and also verifying existing employees' age declarations (because we have crooks who don't want to leave govt. work)

1 Like

Re: Ex corpers now in the real world. Welcome guys. Whats next? by StarrMatthieu: 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
I like this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CONGRATULATIONS To 2012/2013 Batch C Corp Members. / Sunday Dare Debunks Reports That NYSC Scheme Will Be Scrapped / Exclusion Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.