Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever (18200 Views)

Poll: Best web hosting company for Nigeria?

Trudigits (www.trudigits.com): 34% (15 votes)
Syskay (www.syskay.com): 27% (12 votes)
Whogohost (www.whogohost.com): 23% (10 votes)
Web4africa (www.web4africa.com): 6% (3 votes)
havilah (www.havilahhost.info): 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which Host Do You Prefer?

Foreign Hosting Company: 84% (11 votes)
Nigerian Hosting Company: 15% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Vbhostnet.com The Worst Host EVER / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Lisa1: 7:45pm On Jun 10, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Thanks for sharing.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by remoranger(m): 7:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
@drzed it happened to u too? I think say na only me. Mcreal.net fall my leg big time. I have never been so dissapointed in a nigerian business like i am in them. Been using them for five years started having issues last year.

Wetin pain me pass na d inefficiency, crappy customer service and downright rudeness.

When i complain taya dem send me quit notice to leave dia service. Dem think say i go beg them? Hian. Whatever are my visa and mastercards for? Hostgator noni.

U need to see d rude mails dey sent to me. Hian. i have suffered and to think of the business i pushed to them all this years through recommendations. Smh

Looked at trudigits m impressed. Wud be migrating some sites to them.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by PGON(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
What's the basis for rating.... anyway you can rate DomainHostingPal.com
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by greenhope(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2012
Their plans are ok and its affordable
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by tessyade: 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
I have hosted some websites with syskay.com and i can boldly say so far so good. Syskay have given me what i really want so i dont see any reason to change the host of my upcoming websites.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by nairabytes(m): 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
hello guys,

Is it just me or is something wrong with any of the following:

Themaingate: Is there really a better nigeria webhost apart from www.Havilahhost.Info ? I doubt it guys . They make use of DEDICATED SERVER USA BASED instead of the normal shared hosting used by Tuedigit and other nigeria webhosting company, there customer care is first hand , they are into smtp and mail bomber and to crown it all is the fact that they accept monthly payment ,99% uptime ,they backup your data every 24hours free of charge .THEY EVEN ACCEPT RECHARGE CARD AS MODE OF PAYMENT FOR SERVICES. i have host with web4africa and some other host but there is none better than www.Havilahhost.Info

bigx: For over 3 years Clue WebHost (www.cluewebhost.com) has provided professional webhosting services to hundreds of websites from the North, South, East and West of Nigeria.
They don't advertise, but their services have been so good that they provide shared, reseller and VPS services to hundreds of clients via strictly referrals.
They offer instant setup and online payments via local ATM cards, dedicated support via tickets, phone and email and have courteous and technically competent staff.
A trial of their services would convince you.

Is it just me or is somebody trying to do some pre-intimacy - webhosting speaking?

q1) who is the male and who is the female: Havilah or ClueWebhost coz there is surely some romance in the air,
q2) is it the same developer that designed the websites of Havilah and ClueWebHost? And this means the developer never bothered to do something different on the 2nd website than was done on the first? or perhaps the owners of Havilah and Clue never bothered to check if the job done was a copy paste from somewhere else?
q3) Dont the owners of Havilah / Cluewebhost understand the definition of web-design? How come the owners never thought of the word "originality"?
q4) somebody please ask them the next question!

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by kinnex(m): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
Frosti: Have not used Trudigits, maybe will try them out for any new project. Currently using Arvixe.

How has ur experience been with Arvixe? Pls share.. Thanks!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by blater500(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
www.webresellerng.com remain the web hosting.it have 24/7 customer support,other web hosting provider promise what they can not do.try it.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by nairabytes(m): 8:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
About 3-years ago, I got scammed by Web4Africa. Some days after I made payment for a webhosting service, I opened a ticket. For the next 365-days, the single issue couldn't be resolved. I sent over 100-emails. Rather than accept something was wrong, Mr. Web4Africa blamed everybody behind WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, MYSQL, PHPMYADMIN. All I wanted was a blog.

So I took an hanky to shine my eyes and commence serious research. I gathered information about over 600-so called webhosting companies operated solely / jointly by Nigerians resident in/outside Nigeria.

From the one-man company to the sub-reseller; to the sub-sub-reseller; to the sub-sub-sub reseller; to the sub-sub-sub-sub(4th generation) reseller, everybody trying to make one profit or the other.

Now, just imagine a "sub-sub-sub-sub" reseller(4th generation) who still has the audacity to advertize resellership, and the amount quoted is more expensive than "reseller's"(1st generation) resellership cost. Im wondering, does this sub-sub-sub-sub reseller know what marketting is, or is he just a reseller-trigger happy business man.

I go to know the "rugged hosters" (hosting companies who host your websites just about anywhere) etc. I gathered server / server configuration and location infos; abused IP-addressing etc. I was amazed to find some webhosting guys who team up to buy a shared server and just end up dumping clients onto the server with neither of the three knowing how to manage server resources. In fact, these folks just know their own customers by name, every other setting everywhere is the same. And yet, they resell hosting at different prices.

I did webhosting cost comparisions as per advertized rates on a plan by plan basis with respect to inclusive features. For ex Coy-X: plan-A with 1-database, plan-B with 3-database, plan-C with 5-databases. Meanwhile Coy-X bought resellership from Coy-Y and was given 250-databases in the package.

I sent several enquiry emails - masquerading as a potential customer to see response time. The worst was a coy that responded to my enquiry 3-weeks after the original date. By then, I could have concluded business with someone else. I evaluated a couple of customer reviews I could find etc; even wrote emails to the US/Europe based data-center providers and yes, they responded - about who was a reseller under them and who wasnt. Some asked for my phone number so they could ascertain my identity before giving me the infos I requested. I provided these, made calls back and forth and I got the infos I needed. It was an eye opener.

One thing that constantly pissed me off was: why should Mr-A buy something from Mr-B and yet sell it more expensive than Mr-A is selling his, while not adding any value to it. Ofcourse, webhosting is for profit, but why not consider providing the requested service first before seeking to make millions.

I learnt about webhosting companies who are "on the run" companies: having no verifiable real addresses in Nigeria - so many in Lagos; 80% of evaluated companies were not registered with the CAC; many have no physical office; there are those that use offices of other companies for props; mostly one-man companies where the single superman does techsupport, customer service, sales, marketting, etc. So when the superman is not available, your hosting service isnt going anywhere. I gathered info about those who change servers like they change clothes; and about webhosting company owners who know nothing about webhosting themselves - who would hire a webdesigner to manage their server - meanwhile the webdesigner hosts some of his own design sites free(unknown to the real owner) and does trial and error with the server.

The funniest business practice was a certain businessman who registered three company names in Nigeria, has three webhosting company websites, has 1-office and uses one shared server for all his clients. He has 3-phone numbers as well, and would answer each of them with the same name. He sells all his products the same price regardless of which of his websites you register through. I wondered "does this guy really think that the more webhosting company websites he has out there really translate to more customers?"

I think webhosting is still to come of age in Nigeria. We should rather put the quality of service first before gunning for 6-figures in the bank account.

2 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by instinctg(m): 9:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
Its good we keep on encouraging ourselves as hard work pays
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Slyr0x: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
nairabytes: About 3-years ago, I got scammed by Web4Africa. Some days after I made payment for a webhosting service, I opened a ticket.

The funniest business practice was a certain businessman who registered three company names in Nigeria, has three webhosting company websites, has 1-office and uses one shared server for all his clients. He has 3-phone numbers as well, and would answer each of them with the same name. He sells all his products the same price regardless of which of his websites you register through. I wondered "does this guy really think that the more webhosting company websites he has out there really translate to more customers?"

Lmaoooooooooo. . .Fareal? shocked shocked
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by a1solution: 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
I am using web4africa.net to host my site www.rarenewsandschools.com despite I am a newbie they have been supportive but there is a problem I have with my site which they are unable to help me out till now, there are certain content I would like to post I wud be getting the message (page not found) I av sent some content to them to help me post but they replied me with all the effort they have made to post those content to no avail and said wordpress is a third party application that they can not do much. I dont know if I move to truedigit if they are better in technical terms as these. anybody with useful info shud please help.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 10:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
a1solution: I am using web4africa.net to host my site www.rarenewsandschools.com despite I am a newbie they have been supportive but there is a problem I have with my site which they are unable to help me out till now, there are certain content I would like to post I wud be getting the message (page not found) I av sent some content to them to help me post but they replied me with all the effort they have made to post those content to no avail and said wordpress is a third party application that they can not do much. I dont know if I move to truedigit if they are better in technical terms as these. anybody with useful info shud please help.

Hello, please could you mail one of the articles that you are having problems with to support@trudigits.com ?
At what point do you get the "page not found" error?

Please note the spelling is "trudigits.com" so you dont end up sending the mail to the wrong address.

Hoping to read from you soon.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by omni1: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
Is it all about nominating companies, how about features of the companies and experiences. That's the most important of all. Don't just drop names and pass by else we nominate and get tired of nominating. Nominate and call out features to support or back your nomination.

Trudigits remains top! Disprove it with all you can and let's see what yah got
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by nairabytes(m): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
Slyr0x:

Lmaoooooooooo. . .Fareal? shocked shocked

Yes, for Real. If you know his phone-number / email address, please tell him I said he is a scammer. How can a customer complain on just 1(one) issue for one whole year, and yet nobody can resolve it. While this was going on, the stupid Web4Africa guy kept sending me Facebook Add requesnts and LinkedIn add requests. When did customer service include a compulsory FB/Linked In add request. He even sent me a mail saying my subscription will be cut off if I do not renew the service. I had to ask him what am I supposed to renew since he had not provided me any service for 1-whole year.

a1solution: I am using web4africa.net to host my site www.rarenewsandschools.com despite I am a newbie they have been supportive but there is a problem I have with my site which they are unable to help me out till now, there are certain content I would like to post I wud be getting the message (page not found) I av sent some content to them to help me post but they replied me with all the effort they have made to post those content to no avail and said wordpress is a third party application that they can not do much. I dont know if I move to truedigit if they are better in technical terms as these. anybody with useful info shud please help.

Please pack ya bag and leave Web4Africa. They are a useless bunch of people. The only thing he can say is: "please note that we are not responsible for third party scripts........"

Yes I know you are not responsible for 3rd party scripts, but why are all 3rd party scripts not working on your server? In fact, I had to ask him if I was the first customer to request for WordPress blog. Sitting in Ghana and duping people, useless human being.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Morrelinko(m): 10:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
Bin with trudigits Hosting since last year and i have to say that it should be on the africa's top 5 webhosts. Things to note from my experience...
1. Good customer care support. I give them thumbsup for that.
2. Payment is so easy.
3. If your site uses lots of server resources, don't go there. My first VPS account with over 40 sites always had its servers going down. I registered for another VPS, split the sites and so far has been ok.
4. This is one big reason i cannot go for a hosting outside nigeria.... I Remember the last nationwide protest that i could not withdraw to pay for my overdue payment... Trudigits postponed my grace period untill the protest was over...
Now, try this with hostgator... If i hear say they nor 'nack ur site akpako'....
From me, trudigits is a life saver. Just give it a try... Infact, Don't just give it a try, start parking now.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 11:21pm On Jun 10, 2012
@Morrelinko I beg to differ, to think that trudigits should be among the top 5 web hosts in Nigeria is nothing short of a big LIE. Nairalanders please dont be scammed by people trying to promote their business (if you can call it that ) or that of their friends . Let me highlight a number of areas where trudigits falls short:

1. Its a one man show.
2. Inability to register for .com.ng domains
3. The pricing is outrageously high, trudigits sells 2gb for 7,700 whilst whogohost.com sells 2gb for 4,000. As you can tell trudigits pricing is actually twice of what is in d market.
4. Poor overall design of the website.
5. No physical address or business footprint (are they even a registered business entity ?)

whogohost.com is the best in the country and these are the reasons why:

1. Excellent customer service, their call centre staff are very friendly and they resolve any problem you have within 24 hrs.
2. You can register for any domain name you want.
3. Their pricing is very very reasonable.(4,000 for 2gb..thats a sweet bargain)
4. They are not a one man show, whogohost is owned by ennovatenigeria, the company that designed and developed the highly successful job website, jobberman.
5. They do have an office in lagos
6. The design of the website is ......SOLID !!!!!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by naijacampu(m): 11:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
Thanks Pals for the tread, will like to move my website to the VPS
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 11, 2012
Now, thank you all so much for your reviews - i am feeling very proud of trudigits right now (almost as if na my company - hmmn, maybe i should apply there).
I am not affiliated to trudigits, but i will be proud to be associated with them.

But, as you people can see, i am not the only customer that trudigits have, and if it has been a nonsense company, you would have seen people throwing stones at me right now. And yes, this is not an advert, it is a review that has gone very well.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 12:19am On Jun 11, 2012
*dhtml:
Now, thank you all so much for your reviews - i am feeling very proud of trudigits right now (almost as if na my company - hmmn, maybe i should apply there).
I am not affiliated to trudigits, but i will be proud to be associated with them.

But, as you people can see, i am not the only customer that trudigits have, and if it has been a nonsense company, you would have seen people throwing stones at me right now. And yes, this is not an advert, it is a review that has gone very well.

From your own perspective mate... your perspective . All I've read is that people have bought from them (or rather scammed by them, how can you pay 7,700 for 2GB ??). WHOGOHOST is the best, if they werent why would jobberman host with them ??
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by ogzille(m): 12:54am On Jun 11, 2012
trudigits is cool cool , i equally host with them!!!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 11, 2012
doncigalo:

From your own perspective mate... your perspective . All I've read is that people have bought from them (or rather scammed by them, how can you pay 7,700 for 2GB ??). WHOGOHOST is the best, if they werent why would jobberman host with them ??
So far, we all know you on this board to be the most s t u p i d poster, and you oppose all those that contribute positively to this board, so your review shall not be acknowleged even if it is positive. Just go and sleep, you have done enough damage to your already dead repution already (only that it cant be damaged more).
Now, that is what them call - a$$ kicking! so sorry mate - but you caused this on yourself (pls take no offense mis elstopido amigo).

ogzille: trudigits is cool cool , i equally host with them!!!
Thanks jare, so many people around here really host with trudigits. Now, i love that. And i will keep recommending them.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 2:21am On Jun 11, 2012
@dafthtml who is the 'we' my stupid friend ?? You're the only one posting, its a fact, you're disillusional and not in touch with reality !! You are a self promoting hack that loves to copy and paste articles unto this forum in order to portray yourself as knowledgeable. When in fact if we should take your best work till date : dhtlextreme.net, one can tell that you are a HACK . Positive contribution my foot !

WAKE UP !! I suggest you stick to your GSM casing business or it cassava chippings (you actually seem knowledgeable in that area, if you need a loan I could sort you out MATE) and leave this field to the pros. COMPRENDE AMIGOS ??
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 2:34am On Jun 11, 2012
I will have to slash your IQ by half. Have you been through my portfolio? If you even know what that means. Better go and start selling popcorns at the galleria - that is much better instead of trying to lie to your megalomanic self that you are a multimillionaire (when all you got in millions is ideri-oti).

And please stop calling me MATE, i dont have any mate that is a DUNCE, and stop derailing the thread. In fact, i will not answer you again on this board. A word is enough for the wise - in fact, i will stop acting like you are a human being sef. Lets put that to test now, shall we.

@viewers, i apologize for this underaged poster, please continue your reviews in piss = he is suffering from grandiose delusions - in fact, he just escaped from ARO
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 3:16am On Jun 11, 2012
naijacampu: Thanks Pals for the tread, will like to move my website to the VPS
Thanks for your interest. Feel free to drop us a note at support@trudigits.com. We ill handle the seamless transfer of your sites to the VPS once it is provisioned.

@Dhtml, we don't have to reply to every post. Competition is a good thing. It makes all of us better individuals and better service providers. Let the competitors be...it doesn't have to bother you that they say just anything to get noticed. Just ignore please to avoid bitter exchanges. I don't think I need to prove or disprove anything here to any one. #fairplay.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 11, 2012
Sorry, the nonsense exchanges have nothing to do with this thread, it just has to do with a stoopid boy that condemns every good thing i do on this thread, but from now henceforth, i will not reply to anything the elstopido nino says again. . . .
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 3:29am On Jun 11, 2012
@dafthtml Well Ive got the bankstatements to prove it MATE !! What dirty portfolio do you have ?? Your still smoking that pot abi... Better wake up!! I think you should listen to your master, BOI !! So it seems that apart from being disillusional you're even a lapdog.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 11, 2012
chaircover: Another very happy trudigits customer signing in. Very professional and of international standard.
Now, i just love that. The customers are all very happy about the service they are getting, wow, this is great for business.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 3:45am On Jun 11, 2012
TruDigits Discounts!
Get 20% off on your first payment for orders of all shared and reseller plans by using the promotional code: nairaland
This offer is valid only for new signups (i.e people that don't already have an active order with TD)
This offer is limited so use it while it lasts.

For those interested in the VPS plans, you can get a VPS for half its price for the first month by using the promotional code: vps_50
This offer is valid for both new and old customers and has been running since February 2012!

Take advantage of the online payment methods as all orders are activated instantly including the VPS*!

*We still require about 2-3 hours after your VPS has been provisioned instantly before you can start using it. We require this time to carry out server hardening and optimization tweaks based on your intended use.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by shopaholik: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2012
hey guys,
i found myself in a alot of hot water, where i had issues with my former site designer/web host who turned out to be a dupe, (i'll consider naming and shaming him so people can stay away from him)
any ways, after feeling trapped, i did a search on nairaland and found dualcore/trudigits. they seemed to have a good reputation on here and i contacted them. they helped me sort it out really quickly and i really appreciate all the help. So far, its been good and i will def recommend trudugits.

3 Likes

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by routik(m): 9:34am On Jun 11, 2012
if it is a small project - use trudigits. If global, you can still use trudigits or international standards.

Trudigits is working extremely hard to meet international standards. so no matter what your hosting needs are, they are equal to the task.

Webhosting in Nigeria ? Dang! may be its a reseller. Where is there electricity to host site here.
A wise Nigerian business man will never depend on power holding. (esp PHCN). Trudigits remotely manages its servers located in Germany as posted here by the owner.

i will try the company in my next hosting but if they fail me like other company, i will report them here as s c a m m e rz.
Trudigits will never fail you rather you'll never think of leaving them if you ever migrate.

I love my country naija but the [bfaith and trust[/b] is not there anymore 0%
how do you expect the country you don't trust and have faith in work for you? professionalism and ethics have nothing to do with country, or religion. If you dont believe in your country,you can't see change even if it's taking effect gradually.

What you call a limitation is what we call transparency.
That is what got me attracted to Trudigits at the very beginning.

I think webhosting is still to come of age in Nigeria. We should rather put the quality of service first before gunning for 6-figures in the bank account
That is what Trudigits have been striving to achieve since inception and are making significant progress on their QOS.

2. Inability to register for .com.ng domains
3. The pricing is outrageously high, trudigits sells 2gb for 7,700 whilst whogohost.com sells 2gb for 4,000. As you can tell trudigits pricing is actually twice of what is in d market.
That is what i honestly call demerit and think they should review it, and make some amendments.

I love my country, i believe in Nigeria, I value Nairaland.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boost Your Fanpage: Get 1000 Facebook Likes In 1hour- Free / Help! Gurus In The House, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account? / Blogging Has Paid Off!!! Popular Blogger,ogudu Clement,acquires A Brand New Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.