Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever (18203 Views)

Poll: Best web hosting company for Nigeria?

Trudigits (www.trudigits.com): 34% (15 votes)
Syskay (www.syskay.com): 27% (12 votes)
Whogohost (www.whogohost.com): 23% (10 votes)
Web4africa (www.web4africa.com): 6% (3 votes)
havilah (www.havilahhost.info): 6% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: Which Host Do You Prefer?

Foreign Hosting Company: 84% (11 votes)
Nigerian Hosting Company: 15% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Vbhostnet.com The Worst Host EVER / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by emsquare(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
will.i.am:
If not for PHCN and Outrageous Internet Costs, shouldn't we as webmasters host websites at our premises by ourselves undecided

True talk man
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by WhyAWhy(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2012
It's not strange
The two companies www.Havilahhost.Info & www.cluewebhost.com [/b]might be owned by the same company

Compare with [b]http://www.pcworld.co.uk and http://www.currys.co.uk

Same design themes, has nothing to do with the designer/developer. It's probably a brand thingy
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Timileyin(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
wat an advertising strategy

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by tessyade: 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Timileyin: wat an advertising strategy
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by tessyade: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2012
My thought exactly. I was just about to write this.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Frosti(m): 1:08pm On Jun 11, 2012
kinnex:

How has ur experience been with Arvixe? Pls share.. Thanks!

My experience with Arvixe has been great, my blog, www.onwaweb.com is hosted with them(and some other side projects). I have only had to chat with their customer service twice, once during initial setup of DNS(purchased my domain via Namecheap) and when i wanted to connect a subdomain to tumblr.

They have been pretty good. The only complaint i had with them was their Aratta Seo service, it messed up my custom robots.txt and sitemap files with its auto gibberish. Had to switch it off totally.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
Frosti:
The only complaint i had with them was their Aratta Seo service, it messed up my custom robots.txt and sitemap files with its auto gibberish. Had to switch it off totally.
Do you mean there are bad side effects to the Aratta cPanel bundle? I have only seen a couple of reviews about it.

Yes, we paid every customer that has made a review here. We actually paid ALL our customers!
What did we pay them with? Not money.... we paid them with years of outstanding service (that keeps getting better through their contributions and suggestions) and we will continue to pay them for as long as they are with us (more like a lifetime if you ask me).
You are welcome to TruDigits and we promise to pay you with the same.
Its a win-win situation. Everyone goes to sleep happy, even the servers are happy to be owned and used by TruDigits.

Thanks for the reviews and the points we need to improve. I have noted them and they will be considered one by one. smiley
My notepad is still open so more suggestions will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by remoranger(m): 1:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
@moderators. If you like delete my posts a hundred times. www.mcreal.net sucks. simples. shuo!!!

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Okponee: 1:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
This is a very interesting thread.Web Hosting is one of the issues that disturb fellows who wish to showcase their businesses/ Projects online.Ones effort can easily be frustrated by poor web hosting services.

I'm currently using syskay systems and I'm ok with their services to a great extent now, as it's far better than web4africa.net which I had used before. I may try trudigits out some day, but they should consider reducing the cost of their services, as they seem to be on the high side.

Apart from ability to provide a good web hosting service now, another important issue to consider is how such service provider has positioned itself for continuity. If a Coy is a one-man Organisation, it has no future, no matter how good it might be now.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by jerryben12: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2012
Why waste your time and money with all these petty hosting companies? Check out fountium.com. They make the difference.
Jerry.Oscar@fountium.com
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Frosti(m): 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
Dual Core:
Do you mean there are bad side effects to the Aratta cPanel bundle? I have only seen a couple of reviews about it.

I think i mis-spelled it in the first place, its actually Attracta.

And yes the Attracta 'SEO' service bundled with the cpanel is actually trash. Here's why i hate it

1. It's a basic service and you are expected to pay if you actually want more features.
2. Does no actuall SEO apart from rewriting your custom robots.txt and sitemap files with it's auto junk.
3. There's no second optin form or dialog, once you click on the seo button in cpanel you are enrolled in the trash.
4. Sends you spam emails every week.
5. Your contact details and name are automatically sent to Attracta.
6. It is crap.
7. It is bullshit.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by dexed(m): 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
Trudigits is a very good host, I've been using them for about a year nd 7 months. So far, I'm satisfied and would recommend them to anyone looking to host their sites. The support system is cool and you get more than you pay for. For about 19months that I've been with them I only experienced downtime once and it was for few hours before everything came back to normal. I host a site that has about 600+ users with them and none of the users has ever complained about accessing my site, in short hosting with trudigits is cool. I give them a rating of 4.8 out of 5

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by feelme3(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
I am currently using weblagos and I must say they are very good. Customer service is like no other I have experienced, very courteous staff on phone and they don't waste your time. Same with tickets too.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by soloqy: 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Peterson1993: MY quote was distorted@ *dhtml. If you say so, then the answer is capital NO. WhoGoHost naija web hosting has no comparism. It is mostly refered to as the hostgator of naija. But all the same as I said before, forget naija hosting and join the winning team USA.. Naija host can knack you akpako any time. I love my country naija but the faith and trust is not there anymore 0% sad

They will say , I have come again with my wahala but why this Whogohost no fit design their own website : http://themeforest.net/item/planet-hosting-hosting-wordpress-theme/143657 .

But I respect them though as they at least bought the template , no?
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by william5: 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
soloqy:

They will say , I have come again with my wahala but why this Whogohost no fit design their own website : http://themeforest.net/item/planet-hosting-hosting-wordpress-theme/143657 .

But I respect them though as they at least bought the template , no?

grin grin
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by databoy247(m): 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
Trudigits is d best. But oga dual core u have to work on promotions and seasonal gifts. Checkout I rate them next to trudigits.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by soloqy: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2012
bigx: For over 3 years Clue WebHost (www.cluewebhost.com) has provided professional webhosting services to hundreds of websites from the North, South, East and West of Nigeria.
They don't advertise, but their services have been so good that they provide shared, reseller and VPS services to hundreds of clients via strictly referrals.
They offer instant setup and online payments via local ATM cards, dedicated support via tickets, phone and email and have courteous and technically competent staff.
A trial of their services would convince you.

Can they just design their own website instaed of using some free website template? Thats my own contribution in all of this smiley
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by soloqy: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
WhyAWhy: It's not strange
The two companies www.Havilahhost.Info & www.cluewebhost.com [/b]might be owned by the same company

Compare with [b]http://www.pcworld.co.uk and http://www.currys.co.uk

Same design themes, has nothing to do with the designer/developer. It's probably a brand thingy

No, www.havilahhost.info and www.cluewebhost.com are not owned by the same person. They are both using the same free web hosting template without any proper modifications.

Thats why am always voicing out on this issue of just downloading templates and using *as is* without any work on it. Its the Internet and sooner than later you will run into someone who is equally as lazy with the same template. The same way you see people downloading and using free templates *as is* for their clients. Too bad.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by bigx(m): 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
soloqy:

Can they just design their own website instaed of using some free website template? Thats my own contribution in all of this smiley

Does the look of their website make them more or less reliable? Never knew that was a free template though, do you have the link? That's by the way. They don't advertise to the best of my knowledge and as such, the website is a non-issue.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by soloqy: 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
doncigalo:
6. The design of the website is ......SOLID !!!!!

Nope they are using a web template that they couldnt even customise ... http://themeforest.net/item/planet-hosting-web-hosting-html-template/full_screen_preview/87976
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
@sology But isnt Whogohost the same company that designed and built jobberman , so what are you on about?? Your claim that they lack the expertise is unfounded. Theres no need to reinvent the wheel, if the web template fits their needs and purposes then why not use it ! Trudigits should actually take a leaf out of their page and buy a template, cuz the design of trudigits sucks !!

Whogohost are the best. GBAM !!!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by soloqy: 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
doncigalo: @sology But isnt Whogohost the same company that designed and built jobberman , so what are you on about?? Your claim that they lack the expertise is unfounded. Theres no need to reinvent the wheel, if the web template fits their needs and purposes then why not use it ! Trudigits should actually take a leaf out of their page and buy a template, cuz the design of trudigits sucks !!

Whogohost are the best. GBAM !!!

Docigalo, bro, I responded to your post where you said that their web site design is solid, somehow implying that they did some great job themselves.Thats why I posted the link for you to see that they didnt.

Anyways, I just noticed you edited this post and added the Trudigits part which wasnt there earlier. When are you going to let go of the beef with Dual Core? grin

Am not a Trudigits client . I am a hostgator user but I know where this beef stems from and one would have thought that you have moved beyond it now. wink
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2012
@Sology lol...nah..theres no beef, but what I've promised my self is to expose these self promoting hacks for what they are. Simple !!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
Thanks guys for your participation. Don't derail the thread please. Take the template design talk somewhere more fitting (if it hasn't ended), I am hoping to get constructive ideas from customers of TruDigits to make them even happier people. I won't want to miss any ideas from these customers while sifting through the derailing posts of some others.

Thanks to those who have placed orders using the promotional codes. Its my hope that in the years ahead you will have your own happy stories to write about TruDigits.

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by doncigalo: 10:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
Trudigits: 7,700 for 2GB
Whogohost: 2,000 for 2GB

ermmm am I missing something ??
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by OliverBrain(m): 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
made up my mind, an gonna use trudigit.
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by OliverBrain(m): 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2012
doncigalo: Trudigits: 7,700 for 2GB
Whogohost: 2,000 for 2GB

ermmm am I missing something ??
money is not d issue pal, service matters

1 Like

Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by DualCore1: 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
OliverBrain: made up my mind, an gonna use trudigit.
Here's the link again sir http://www.trudigits.com
Just so there's no confusion smiley

OliverBrain: money is not d issue pal, service matters
Thanks for your understanding. We would rather stay affordable and have just 10 legitimate clients than go ridiculously cheap and become the haven to a million phishing/scam sites. We appreciate your business!
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by william5: 1:48am On Jun 12, 2012
Dual Core:
Here's the link again sir http://www.trudigits.com
Just so there's no confusion smiley

Thanks for your understanding. We would rather stay affordable and have just 10 legitimate clients than go ridiculously cheap and become the haven to a million phishing/scam sites. We appreciate your business!

Me likey! Quality over quantity, these are words every webhost should abide by cool
Re: Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever by Jouslaw(m): 2:23am On Jun 12, 2012
Peterson1993: Forget about naija and move over to hostgator. Hostgator noni.. cool

hostgator will kick ur ASS some day...trust me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boost Your Fanpage: Get 1000 Facebook Likes In 1hour- Free / Help! Gurus In The House, How Can I Recover My Gmail Account? / Blogging Has Paid Off!!! Popular Blogger,ogudu Clement,acquires A Brand New Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.