Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? (2285 Views)

I Need Help With Self Publishing One Of My Books / How To Make Your Book A Bestseller In Nigeria / They Will Steal Your Idea In This Section.becareful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? by gemstone22(f): 9:52am On Jun 11, 2012
Hi everyone. A friend of mine just self published her first book. I have seen the stress she has been through so far and how little she gets for her effort and it got me thinking. Wouldn't it had made sense if she had given it to a publisher to do the work for her? Is self publishing really lucrative for writers in nigeria? What are its disadvantages and limitation?Can one man handle the technicalities of getting a book to limelight like a publishing company would? Opinions, anyone?
Re: Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? by MyneWhite1(f): 12:56am On Jun 14, 2012
I can only speak from my personal experience. It is possible to make money just don't expect to be a millionaire overnight

I read a great article about this recently. Check it out http://debonairbookstore.com/bookblog/?p=346
Re: Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? by buyandroidpad: 3:06am On Jun 30, 2012
From what I know about books, most people these days are on the move and require information that is important to them. For one to successfully sell books, even self published books one has to:

Identify people's interest and write on that interest
Do something that will spark an interest like Michelle Obama.

I wrote an article on this. Please read: http://www.ebooksinafrica.com/american-grown-the-story-of-the-white-house-kitchen-garden-and-gardens-across-america-review/
Re: Is Self Publishing Ur Book A Good Idea In Nigeria? by jarmy: 9:33am On May 18, 2016
I self-published a book recently. The stress of marketing is huge.

(1) (Reply)

the Gate Man's Diary / The Essence Of Christmas / Poetry In Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 2
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.