Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,429 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola (3224 Views)

Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dumped $182 Halliburton Bribe Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Kobojunkie: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2012
Na story of allegations still? Now Otedola too? ROLFMAO!!!

How much longer is the Government going to allow us remain at the mercy of the Nigerian media? Why do we have Ministry upon ministry set up to ensure the people know what is going on, yet na the RUMOR MILLS we call Media houses dey use people play ten-ten like so? angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 12, 2012
doctokwus: My take:Otedola wt his companies were complicit in d fuel subsidy scam,he got pissed @y Lawan & his committee shd try to meddle in sth dat has bn ongoing,futher pissed by d inclusion of his company in d initial report;wanted to both kill d report& also nail lawan,offers d bribe money in a set up.Lawan sees an avenue,like d typical nigerian politician to make some fast millions while kping some part of d report untainted,falls for d bait,collects part payment while waiting for d rest.Suddenly d scheme is exposed by Otedola who tinks its a done straightforward exposee wt video evidence to boot,but doesn't reckon dat Lawan is an old fox,d latter now formulates his own,clearly backdated story to rope Otedola.Its d story of 2 thieves trying to outfox each other

You've summed it up perfectly - it is a case of he who dares wins.

This is precisely why few of these politically exposed persons (PEPs) are convicted for obvious crimes in Nigeria today.
They've elevated keeping tabs on each other to a science, in the knowledge that, ultimately, destruction is mutually assured.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by onthefence: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk seems to have evidence as it (however watery you think they are). Otedola, SSS and the rest are just relying on public sympathy and paddy paddy manouvré. Go to court. Let's hear the IG take on this too.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 12, 2012
onthefence: Farouk seems to have evidence as it (however watery you think they are). Otedola, SSS and the rest are just relying on public sympathy and paddy paddy manouvré. Go to court. Let's hear the IG take on this too.

I equally share this view, even though I know it carries certain risks insofar as one's e-reputation goes grin
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Kobojunkie: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2012
ROFLMAO!!!
Only yesterday many of you claimed to have secret sources that CONFIRMED that Lawan was definitely the guilty party here. Today, Otedola too dey guilty?? ROFLMAO!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2012
eGuerrilla:

You've summed it up perfectly - it is a case of he who dares wins.

This is precisely why few of these politically exposed persons (PEPs) are convicted for obvious crimes in Nigeria today.
They've elevated keeping tabs on each other to a science, in the knowledge that, ultimately, destruction is mutually assured

he did sum it up but i dont think it was perfectly done.
The mere fact that Farouk has informed the police like 2months ago about this issue speaks volume. When Ibori tried to bribe Nuhu Ribadu with cash, its on record that Nuhu collected the money from Ibori and used it against him in court. How am i sure that Farouk simply isnt trying to do the same

If we are arent comfortable with the handwritten notes what about the reported case to the police months ago?undecided
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Yeske2(m): 10:13am On Jun 12, 2012
Otedola should request for the call log between him and Farouk and post the video on YouTube then we can judge and know if Farouk solicited for bribe or Otedola made the first move. Enough of this trash.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

The mere fact that Farouk has informed the police like 2months ago about this issue speaks volume. When Ibori tried to bribe Nuhu Ribadu with cash, its on record that Nuhu collected the money from Ibori and used it against him in court. How am i sure that Farouk simply isnt trying to do the same

If we are arent comfortable with the handwritten notes what about the reported case to the police months ago?undecided

There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know, we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld grin grin grin
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 10:17am On Jun 12, 2012
honestly, am fed up with this less than 100Million bribe when almost 2trillion naira subsidy fraud is still pending

1 Like

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 10:21am On Jun 12, 2012
eGuerrilla:

There are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.
There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.
But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know, we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld grin grin grin

The main reason why we shouldnt focus more on these unknowns and channel our efforts on the Known. and below is the known?

The Govt under the express permission of the retardeen, my president went beyond budgetary appropriation by over 900% to service petroleum subsidy in which the bulk of the funds were channelled for electioneering by the killer party therby committing an impeachable offence. This amounts to Trillions of Naira.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by PointB: 10:31am On Jun 12, 2012
I have a question here.

Please how, and why do you date/time-stamp a hand-written note? Will that be done by the person who wrote the note, or receiver (after the letter has been long delivered.

This doesn't fly one bit!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

The main reason why we shouldnt focus more on these unknowns and channel our efforts on the Known. and below is the known?

The Govt under the express permission of the retardeen, my president went beyond budgetary appropriation by over 900% to service petroleum subsidy in which the bulk of the funds were channelled for electioneering by the killer party therby committing an impeachable offence. This amounts to Trillions of Naira.

Fair enough, so we focus on the known knowns then.

I feel you, bro.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Fair enough, so we focus on the known knowns then.

I feel you, bro.

Of cos, that is much more important and factual

PointB: I have a question here.

Please how, and why do you date/time-stamp a hand-written note? Will that be done by the person who wrote the note, or receiver (after the letter has been long delivered.

This doesn't fly one bit!

well, i personally have written several handnotes. I also time-stamp with my signature inclusive. I believe this is possible and acceptable IMO
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by abacus(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2012
Beaf: This is one of the silliest articles I've ever read. So Farouks bullet proof "evidence" is a set of hand written letters which Farouk and his gang members probably wrote yesterday or this morning and sent to themselves?

Shame on you OP.

Anyway, its the season of intellectual comedy! grin
Sebi una belief you get brain? Your pawpaw brain has landed you in trouble. Now Otedola will confess and name you as the one in charge of video editing. Nobody can convince me that the whole episode did not start from the chicken brain president. He's so clueless. All is to distract us from the panel report.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 12, 2012
Lawan is fighting back dirty, the moment i saw "handwritten report" I couldnt read further. I need him in jail today
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by abacus(m): 10:55am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Lawan is fighting back dirty, the moment i saw "handwritten report" I couldnt read further. I need him in jail today
and Femi Otedola + others indicted to follow.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 12, 2012
abacus:
Sebi una belief you get brain? Your pawpaw brain has landed you in trouble. Now Otedola will confess and name you as the one in charge of video editing. Nobody can convince me that everything started from the chicken brain president. He's so clueless. All is to distract us from the panel report.
What are you saying, do not in anyway mock your intellectual capability, I know you know better than support the fallen Lawan. "Hand-written" report ? Geeeezzz. he is not even a smart liar. First it was, "the caricature of my person in the video is doctored, i never was at Otedola's place and I never collected bribe" when he was confronted by "Was your voice doctored?" he changed tactics to " I received, and was going to tell" What a low life!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 12, 2012
abacus: and Femi Otedola + others indicted to follow.
Can you take a report from someone taking bribes from the people he was supposed to indict seriously ?? Say the truth and shame the devil
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 10:58am On Jun 12, 2012
absolutely nothing is wrong with handwritten notes as long as its done in the right way and such are admissible in the law court. Before these computer days, how was it done? wasnt it through typewriters or handwritten?
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 12, 2012
The honorable thing for Lawan to do is, Resign and report to the EFCC for questioning. But then, dog eats dogs, he should not make attempt going to the UK in his lifetime, he will be with Ibori, I can assure him of that.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem: absolutely nothing is wrong with handwritten notes as long as its done in the right way and such are admissible in the law court. Before these computer days, how was it done? wasnt it through typewriters or handwritten?
In this case, it will not be admissible, the videotapes exists.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 11:02am On Jun 12, 2012
rewind:

Demdem:

Demdem:

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 12, 2012
abacus:
Sebi una belief you get brain? Your pawpaw brain has landed you in trouble. Now Otedola will confess and name you as the one in charge of video editing. Nobody can convince me that the whole episode did not start from the chicken brain president. He's so clueless. All is to distract us from the panel report.
You may never be President, cos you criticize nonconstructively.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by jaybee3(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: The honorable thing for Lawan to do is, Resign and report to the EFCC for questioning. But then, dog eats dogs, he should not make attempt going to the UK in his lifetime, he will be with Ibori, I can assure him of that.
Is he a British citizen or has the alleged crime been perpetrated in the UK?
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: In this case, it will not be admissible, the videotapes exists.

thats left for the courts to decide and not u. Handnotes are admissible if they are done right.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem: rewind:

Keep derailing, it really sucks when you derail. You are supposed to be focused, but then again, its your weakness.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Ibime(m): 11:05am On Jun 12, 2012
Its obvious that this Farouk guy is just trying to cover his tracks.

On one hand we have:

(a.) Otedola engaging the SSS ab initio.

On the other hand, we have:

(b.) Farouk producing hand-written memo as evidence

Which of these carry more weight?

Farouk Lawan is guilty!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

thats left for the courts to decide and not u. Handnotes are admissible if they are done right.
You dont have to bolden the texts to be heard. He wants to go to court ? And you think he will fly in court? Know the truth, and the truth shall set you free - (Jesus, the founder of Christianity)
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 12, 2012
Ibime: Its obvious that this Farouk guy is just trying to cover his tracks.

On one hand we have:

(a.) Otedola engaging the SSS ab initio.

On the other hand, we have:

(b.) Farouk producing hand-written memo as evidence

Which of these carry more weight?

Farouk Lawan is guilty!
Thank you, God bless you!
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2012
jay bee:
Is he a British citizen or has the alleged crime been perpetrated in the UK?
No to above questions, but UK and Nigeria have commonwealth ties and treaties, I hope I answer your questions.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Keep derailing, it really sucks when you derail. You are supposed to be focused, but then again, its your weakness.

how am i derailing? all what i have said is in line with the topic of discussion on this thread. as far as i am concerned, nothing is certain for now. Not Farouk's point neither is Otedola's point certain.
What exactly is certain is the below:

Demdem:

Pitch ur tent with the retardeen, its a choice and i respect that
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 11:11am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: You dont have to bolden the texts to be heard. He wants to go to court ? And you think he will fly in court? Know the truth, and the truth shall set you free - (Jesus, the founder of Christianity)

Bolden is my preference and arent against the rules so pls shut it. for now, no one knows the truth and thats a fact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Frequent Governor In Aso Rock ...and Least Frequent Revealed. / Live Update: TAN Changes To CAN (pics) / How Senate Majority And Minority Leaders Are Choosen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.