Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola (3225 Views)

Saraki: CCT Chairman In #10million Bribe Scandal!- premiumtimesng / Presidency Probes Death Of Tortured Inmate Over Patience Jonathan’s $3m / CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dumped $182 Halliburton Bribe Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by jaybee3(m): 11:12am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: No to above questions, but UK and Nigeria have commonwealth ties and treaties, I hope I answer your questions.
Was Ibori prosecuted in the UK because he is a citizen of one of the commonwealth countries?
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

how am i derailing? all what i have said is in line with the topic of discussion on this thread. as far as i am concerned, nothing is certain for now. Not Farouk's point neither is Otedola's point certain.
What exactly is certain is the below:

Pitch ur tent with the retardeen, its a choice and i respect that
I went into town after hearing these issues, I happen to know people who know people, and I get from very true source, closest confidant of Otedola, that this incident took place, Lawan threatened Otedola and he actually went to SSS and get him nailed. My source is true.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 12, 2012
jay bee:
Was Ibori prosecuted in the UK because he is a citizen of one of the commonwealth countries?
No, there are several legal angles to treaties, which are harnessed to get who needs to be gotten behind bars, Ibori's case was different, Lawan's case will be unique. Thanks for asking
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by onthefence: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: The honorable thing for Lawan to do is, Resign and report to the EFCC for questioning. But then, dog eats dogs, he should not make attempt going to the UK in his lifetime, he will be with Ibori, I can assure him of that.

Quit the theatrics. Ibori is in a London Jail largely because he committed an offence again the UK law. You are already expressing doubts that our laws can't catch up with Farouk yet you are here pretending to hail the institution you have zero faith in.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2012
I got to drive now buddies, I will attend to more questions and personal attacks when I park.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 12, 2012
onthefence:

Quit the theatrics. Ibori is in a London Jail largely because he committed an offence again the UK law. You are already expressing doubts that our laws can't catch up with Farouk yet you are here pretending to hail the institution you have zero faith in.
Yes, I have no faith in our judiciary, brb
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: I went into town after hearing these issues, I happen to know people who know people, and I get from very true source, closest confidant of Otedola, that this incident took place, Lawan threatened Otedola and he actually went to SSS and get him nailed. My source is true.

how are u sure that this main source of ur info isnt bias since such is a close confidant of the criminal(2) involved in this debacle? it seems as if u have been fooled boy
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Olaolufred(m): 11:23am On Jun 12, 2012
musiwa.,.:
Mumu even a fool know that Farouk Lawan accusation figures look falsefied..

With the figure he was putting out, everybody knew that figures were falsfied and it look that there is ethnics hate involve in who was accused. This is one of the major problem with Nigeria and nigerian, ethnics hate is the reason most people make accusation, even govt policy and even the nigeria police... Even nigeria police commissioner falsely accuse innocent people of wrong doing because of hate or racism.

So you can see why I always said break up Nigeria. It can not stop because the ethnics hate started more than 98 years ago when britain created nigeria and it will not stop.

This is why I have said over and over again to break up to avoid a civil war.

This is basically what the Yorubas got, 1 faculty university, 2 of them, for nearly 50 years, why ethnics hate..

You most understand that 95% of Nigeria govt officer or police decision are based on ethnics hate. This is one of the major problem nigeria have.

Please, I can't understand the link between the attached pictures and the point you are trying to make.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by onthefence: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Yes, I have no faith in our judiciary, brb

Yet you have faith in SSS that have failed to tame BH. You better have faith because that is where the guilt or otherwise of Farouk will be determined and no where else. Your GEJ better act fast because the tables will so turn against him. People will soon accuse him of shielding Farouk and large chunk of that accusation will come from current Farouk supporters if only to get at Gej.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Olaolufred(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

how are u sure that this main source of ur info isnt bias since such is a close confidant of the criminal(2) involved in this debacle
Thanks demdem.
Fools don't need proofs to believe.
An hearsay is enough treasure for them to start working.
For the sane elite, you need clear undeniable proofs.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2012
Olaolufred:
Thanks demdem.
Fools don't need proofs to believe.
An hearsay is enough treasure for them to start working.
For the sane elite, you need clear undeniable proofs.

how i wish we all open our hearts and see that both sides seems not to be clean all in an effort to acheive one singular goal which is the not to punish the perpetrators of the Subsidy Scam itself. i said this in an another thread

demdem:
we dont need any Farouk report to indict the president. he already has been indicted by his decisions. here are the undisputed facts:

1) Budgetary allocation (law of the land) for subsidy for the year 2011 was exceeded by over 900% with the express permission of the retardeen, my president thereby committing an impeachable offence.

2) Many of the beneficiaries of this subsidy fraud are financiers of the killer party, the PDP and the bulk of that money was used for the elections.

3)This administration is not in anyway interested in bringing to book those who has committed this crime against Nigerians because they know they themselves will be indicted.

4) The house of rep decided to investigate against the wish of the executives. have u ever wondered why the senate despite starting their own probe since Oct 2011 has still not submitted their own report till date?

5) During the presentation of the report to the house, Farouk claimed that his committee has done a good job but may not be perfect and asked the security agents to further investigate and bring culprits to book. the question is has the executive done anything about this?

6) The executives are more interested in bringing to public domain a bribery allegation of approx 100 Milion naira (which of cos is ok because Farouk may be guilty) than a confirmed trillions of naira monumental fraud perpetrated by their cronies.

7) This bribery allegation will probably go to court and months/years after, the case will be thrown out of court for lack of evidence therby literally killing this report with the main beneficiaries to be the "cabal".
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by broadwayservice: 11:40am On Jun 12, 2012
A mouth watery offer for a project management conference in Canada this october
Very cheap and all inclusive fee.

Spark up your imagination with Broadway Services.

For more information please send a mail to broadway.services@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2012

Already, some legal experts have stated that Otedola and the security operatives, going by Otedola’s account, are guilty of entrapment. Indeed, it is curious that the Goodluck Jonathan government would seek to entrap members of the investigating panel rather than go after those suspected to have stolen N2.6trillion in the name of subsidy payments. The N2.6trillion theft is still the bigger issue. If found guilty of entrapment, Otedola should be punished, just as Lawan should face the music if found guilty of taking a bribe. Both the giver and taker of a bribe are culpable.

This scandal has been following a familiar path. Four short years ago, a House of Reps panel on power exposed the looting of $16billion in the power sector. Rather than implement the panel’s report, agents of the law went after the panel’s head, Hon. Ndudi Elumelu, on bribery charges. Nothing was proved. Elumelu is still in the House. The reports of several other panels that unearthed monumental frauds have been rotting in the archives or lost. Stories of how a gang of six stole more than N32billion pension funds are still fresh in people’s memories, even as the accused are having their days in court. A few convicted for wrecking banks or stealing state funds were given very light sentences or freed based on a fraudulent “plea bargain”.
Source
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Demdem(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
^^^^^

Love the above. I just pray that Nigerians go wise up abegiii
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^^

Love the above. I just pray that Nigerians go wise up abegiii

With Baba (OBJ) as the puppeteer, I'd say the current charade is informed by a well known script.
Talk about lightening striking twice in the same place angry
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Olaolufred(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Demdem:

how i wish we all open our hearts and see that both sides seems not to be clean all in an effort to acheive one singular goal which is the not to punish the perpetrators of the Subsidy Scam itself. i said this in an another thread

[b][/b]That is the main aim of the Drama.
It is so anoying that the State Security Service(sss) has turn to Otedola Security Service(OSS)
just because there is an intimate romance between the kingmaker and the King. The wise knows them.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by Olaolufred(m): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
It is a pity.
Even when you know what is right and do it.
Our system will treat you with disdain.
The same system praises (rogues and criminals)as if they are on triumphant entry to Jerusalem.
What a hopeless society I found myself in.
Re: Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola by nuclearboy(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
So glad to see that there are reasoning people still on this forum!

This whole charade (that's what this is) stinks - its like people are just screaming dementedly just to heat up the polity without any real purpose being achieved! Eventually, the old foxes will come in, broker peace and let each gladiator return home in peace! Farouk tempered down and subsidy probe dead!

But PDP will suffer this win at all costs tactics and none more so than GEJ himself because one day, he will be on the operating table and some of the "doctors" will come with axes, machetes, and suchlike!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Churches And Mosques In Nigeria (pictures) / Jonathan's Train Revolution Transforming Nigerian Landscape / ‘cockroaches, Rats, Rapists, Sodomisers’ Femi Fani-kayode Describes APC Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.