Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,925 members, 7,821,242 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509804 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
@ Bankwo7,
i dey o. i hav bin busy ni o. How are u doing ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
@codebrain If you've done your medicals that's likely to be your trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
Haaahaa! it must be medical o. i never do medical o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 9:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
@codebrain congrats, when did u submit and who is ur sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 9:51pm On Jun 27, 2012
@codebrain when did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 9:55pm On Jun 27, 2012
@codebrain,a u serious or kidding me? Congratulations!!is it this evening u tracked & got d info on your portal?great news.
Am still counting on my fate o.
Am even contemplating getting to d embassy to know what's with them,I wonder if its necessary.Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
haahaa, i submitted 2nd of feb o.
i just checked it dis evenin nd i saw it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
@ Bankwo7, it's not neccessary going 2 their embassy. just send then mail nd they will reply u within two weeks wit an update of ur applicatn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 10:29pm On Jun 27, 2012
CodeBrain: wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is what i saw o my fellow nairalanders
Your application reference number Blah blah blah........................is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 27/06/2012
.....i wished it is a good news.ready for collection mean the end of visa application.ure yet to do medical..i pray this is a good news bro.go in peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
Haahaa, Okay!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
olaremy2k: .....i wished it is a good news.ready for collection mean the end of visa application.ure yet to do medical..i pray this is a good news bro.go in peace
I hope it's goodnews too coz have seen two different cases like dat, I pray it not the sour part!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2012
SimonAndal: @lilawow, cdhc.gc.ca is always your romantic-italian-lover-with-a-heavy-accent. Lol. But seriously, go there and be illuminated. Lol.

i know, i was getting things mixed up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 28, 2012
CodeBrain: haahaa, i submitted 2nd of feb o.
i just checked it dis evenin nd i saw it

I pray its good news.
ready for collection doesn't sound like medicals . Hv u done medical in d past one year?
Wen is ur start date? Did u go to their vi office of late?

I pray they call me, medical or not. Me I don tire for dem. Watching my money sit idle in d bank is really annoying for me. I for don double d amt by now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lyfe(m): 4:23am On Jun 28, 2012
@All
Thank you God bless you. Your own good news shall be heard.

mercylicious:

I pray its good news.
ready for collection doesn't sound like medicals . Hv u done medical in d past one year?

I pray they call me, medical or not. Me I don tire for dem. Watching my money sit idle in d bank is really annoying for me. I for don double d amt by now.

It does not mean you can't touch your money just make sure you have good balance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lyfe(m): 4:56am On Jun 28, 2012
@lillaowow

Since your parents are working in Canada, let them send a copy of their passport data page indicating their status in Canada either as temporary worker, permanent rez or citizen
They should also send you copies of their payslips for 3months.
Pictures you took together in Nigeria and the picture of your parents in Canada.
Are they your sponsor? They should write a letter to that effect that they will cater for you accommodation, feeding and others.

On study permit questionnaire PM

@boxbonnie
Just a program not really related to my BSC. Prog. I'm heading to a college in Toronto (Humber)

@earthgreener
Finished from UNAAB 2008 (Environmental Management and Toxicology)

@Rockafella,
Don't hyper track oooo, don't bring their server down. It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:45am On Jun 28, 2012
lyfe: @lillaowow

Since your parents are working in Canada, let them send a copy of their passport data page indicating their status in Canada either as temporary worker, permanent rez or citizen
Pictures you took together in Nigeria and the picture of your parents in Canada.
Are they your sponsor? They should write a letter to that effect that they will cater for you accommodation, feeding and others.

@boxbonnie
Just a program not really related to my BSC. Prog. I'm heading to a college in Toronto (Humber)

@earthgreener
Finished from UNAAB 2008 (Environmental Management and Toxicology)

@Rockafella,
Don't hyper track oooo, don't bring their server down. It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 5:55am On Jun 28, 2012
lyfe: @lillaowow

THANK YOU SOOO much.. You're a life saver.... Yes they are my sponsors. SOME people don't know how important my question was.... i followed you and sent you an email regarding the questionaire

Please when someone ask a question (minus earthgreener askin about GTB card over and Over again), all yu can do is give a reasonable answer and not refer to a website, the person MIGHT be really confused about what he/she knows or the information at hand. He doesn't mean he sat down there Idle waiting for people to get him out of his confused state
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by geotherm: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2012
@lyfe Congratulations! @all if some1 has an admission for a master's, apply for and got trv, on getting to Canada the fella gets a PhD offer from another University mayb 2-3 months within his/her program, can the fella switch immediately or does the fella need to inform immigration? @CodeBrain congratulations, which ever way u re on the right track.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 7:29am On Jun 28, 2012
@All,
if you have been following my posts from Part1 of this thread till date,you will understand my message.
I always see the glass cup have filled rather than half empty. Now,6mths gone out of the 18mnths for the treatment. Which means this period next year,the treatment would have been completed(Insha Allah). My Brovaz and Sis. God has reasons of doing this,and he actually wants the best for us.
Now to all member waiting for medical call,I pray u get positive response. For those that have done medicals,waiting for TRV,I pray u wnt have any delay. For those already in Canada,I pray you succeed in all ur endeavour.

@codebrain,
go get ur medical invite jor!

@lillaowow,
website has the basic dox requried and then you may ask ppl which additional dox u may use in supporting such application. I am happy u've gotten d information anyway. I wish u good luck. ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2012
newacca: @All,
if you have been following my posts from Part1 of this thread till date,you will understand my message.
I always see the glass cup have filled rather than half empty. Now,6mths gone out of the 18mnths for the treatment. Which means this period next year,the treatment would have been completed(Insha Allah). My Brovaz and Sis. God has reasons of doing this,and he actually wants the best for us.
Now to all member waiting for medical call,I pray u get positive response. For those that have done medicals,waiting for TRV,I pray u wnt have any delay. For those already in Canada,I pray you succeed in all ur endeavour.

@codebrain,
go get ur medical invite jor!

@lillaowow,
website has the basic dox requried and then you may ask ppl which additional dox u may use in supporting such application. I am happy u've gotten d information anyway. I wish u good luck. ciao

Thank you bro...i was really really confused as at that time..
Thanks for pointing that out.
What i wasn't sure of if the supporting documents.. As in detail documents and the ones that could be of help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:24am On Jun 28, 2012
lillaowow:

THANK YOU SOOO much.. You're a life saver.... Yes they are my sponsors. SOME people don't know how important my question was.... i followed you and sent you an email regarding the questionaire

Please when someone ask a question (minus earthgreener askin about GTB card over and Over again), all yu can do is give a reasonable answer and not refer to a website, the person MIGHT be really confused about what he/she knows or the information at hand. He doesn't mean he sat down there Idle waiting for people to get him out of his confused state

'Reasonable' answer without a source could be regarded as 'personal opinion', its sensible to back up answers with verifiable link. There is nothing wrong with directing you to a website where you can read more and do more research for yourself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 8:44am On Jun 28, 2012
CodeBrain: wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is what i saw o my fellow nairalanders
Your application reference number Blah blah blah........................is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 27/06/2012

This doesn't sound cool cos Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ avnt done ur medical
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bamshy: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2012
lufondu: @lyfe Congratulations! @all if some1 has an admission for a master's, apply for and got trv, on getting to Canada the fella gets a PhD offer from another University mayb 2-3 months within his/her program, can the fella switch immediately or does the fella need to inform immigration? @CodeBrain congratulations, which ever way u re on the right track.
you can only move between schs if it's same level. I.e undergrad in one school to undergrad in anoda. Msc to Msc, Phd to Phd. Anything diff requires immigration and another trv. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 8:56am On Jun 28, 2012
I submitted an application to visit my husband and attend his convocation with my baby since april 20th and I've not heard anything from CDHC since den infact the convocation was done two weeks ago. I don track tire o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2012
Is it possible I still get the visa considering the fact that the convocation have been done?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2012
@codebrain,I wish u success as u go to pick your package. please, let me have d e-mail address I can write to & enquire about my status,thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jasmine007: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2012
mercylicious:

I pray its good news.

@Mercylicious.... but seriously do you also have that thinking a bank or your bank will ever disclose your balance to anyone ? be it embassy or president of Nigeria... My brother , they work on what you've printed out and all they can verify is if that account is an existing account simple...You can use your money anytime you wanna while your application is pending... I repeat ' No bank in this world will disclose anything personal to anyone in this world...If you doubt me then ask your bank manager what the embassy confirms from them.... They simply wont give anybody your balance never and if any bank does that, they have breached the agreement btw them and you.. Cheers..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Jasmine007: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2012
CodeBrain: Haahaa, Okay!

@Codebrain... Its a good thing that you've finally heard from them no matter the outcome , you cannot push for other opportunities if you dont have access to your documents but i pray this case of yours will be another turnaround in terms of success cus really the status doesn't sound cool enough... Hope for the best bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2012
@ CodeBrain,pls help me with d e-mail address,ASAP.
I really want to know my status,d month is running out,& time too.
Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lyfe(m): 11:14am On Jun 28, 2012
lufondu: @lyfe Congratulations! @all if some1 has an admission for a master's, apply for and got trv, on getting to Canada the fella gets a PhD offer from another University mayb 2-3 months within his/her program, can the fella switch immediately or does the fella need to inform immigration? @CodeBrain congratulations, which ever way u re on the right track.

You don't need to contact any immigration office as long as the programme you intend to change to is a post-secondary school program, you can cross from college to university without seeking permission note that bachelor's degree, masters and Phd (permanent head damage) are programs run by the universities. The only thing you need to worry about is finding a way to extend your study permit, as there will be a lag in time changing from one program to another.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
justwise: [/b]

'Reasonable' answer without a source could be regarded as 'personal opinion', its sensible to back up answers with verifiable link. There is nothing wrong with directing you to a website where you can read more and do more research for yourself.

hmmmm, Oga Justwise
don't worry, i'll keep smiling.
gracias
i was actually looking at ppl's personal opinions about other documents that MIGHT PROBABLY be necessary but not of HIGH importance to CIC
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by wahabcoal(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
House, i learnt all Canadian Universites and most of their programs offer a January start. Unfortunately, their deadline for application is usually around April or May of the prior year.
Are there Universities or Colleges that admit January intakes and when is the Application DEADLINE for January/Febuary intakes.
The intended course is Diploma in Information Technology or Business IT.
Thanks.

Someone pls reply to this

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.