Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509838 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dannywest01: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2012
lyfe: Last week was the longest week of my life, I was beginning to jolt when I didn't hear from them, 37 days after medicals.
I got my TRV yesterday. Thanks to all, I can not thank you all; from the creator of NL to the starter of this thread, my friends on here and the invisible spectators(yes you), not forgetting the trolls and the spammers. God bless you all. Those who are still expecting to hear from CDHC keep you hopes alive and don't give up. I know the wait can really be heart wrecking but you still gonna smile no matter the outcome.
congrats lyfe.. Many more gud news to come in the house in Jesus name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by boxbonnie(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2012
@Iyfe ... Big congrats to u!!! Are u going for an undergraduate or postgraduate? If u dnt mind u can list doc u submitted. ¶ happy for u die, waiting for the day ¶ will break my own good news oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 10:47am On Jun 26, 2012
lyfe: Last week was the longest week of my life, I was beginning to jolt when I didn't hear from them, 37 days after medicals.
I got my TRV yesterday. Thanks to all, I can not thank you all; from the creator of NL to the starter of this thread, my friends on here and the invisible spectators(yes you), not forgetting the trolls and the spammers. God bless you all. Those who are still expecting to hear from CDHC keep you hopes alive and don't give up. I know the wait can really be heart wrecking but you still gonna smile no matter the outcome.

congratulations brother,wish you the best ahead
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 11:50am On Jun 26, 2012
@ebugirl,thanks for the comment, may i ask, what programme u put in for @dalhousie university.... and when is your start date? its seems june 5 is the last date for submission of application for international students entering for the fall term....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by symbian03(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2012
I got my TRV yesterday. Thanks to all, I can not thank you all; from the creator of NL to the starter of this thread, my friends on here and the invisible spectators(yes you), not forgetting the trolls and the spammers. God bless you all. Those who are still expecting to hear from CDHC, please keep your hopes alive and don't give up. I know the wait can really be heart wrecking but you still gonna smile no matter the outcome.

Congrats Lyfe... Go guy! I wish you goodluck...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2012
@ lyfe..congrat,am happy for u..UP NAIRALAND
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by rockafela(m): 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2012
Noswaa: This ppl r really serious,2months now no show bc i didn't use my parents.

i tire sef o..thesame thing applioes to me, but God de..
CONGRATULATIONS lyfe....see u soon
am still on hypertracking...................... Multi-tracking.................. Overtracking..................God at work
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solajuwon2002: 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
pls, being married and now going for a graduate course and my parents are sponsoring, will it affect my chances?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2012
@lyfe,
CONGRATS Dude.

@winwin

have faith!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by boxbonnie(m): 4:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
solajuwon2002: pls, being married and now going for a graduate course and my parents are sponsoring, will it affect my chances?

Will what affect what chance?? CDHC dnt care if u are married or if ur parrents are ur sponsor.. All u need do is meet the requirement and get the necessary doc.(Proof) As regards ur situation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2012
Please, house, how do I know a recognized university? I am asking because I have admission from Acadia University.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2012
@lyfe congrats@all I guess its time one gets to visit CDHC to resolve this issue of late response,who's with me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bamshy: 8:34pm On Jun 26, 2012
Congrats lyfE. Wish all applicants success
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
VCTROKOYE: Please, house, how do I know a recognized university? I am asking because I have admission from Acadia University.
_
Google's your bestie. That and aucc.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 6:43am On Jun 27, 2012
I got my TRV yesterday. Thanks to all, I can not thank you all; from the creator of NL to the starter of this thread, my friends on here and the invisible spectators(yes you), not forgetting the trolls and the spammers. God bless you all. Those who are still expecting to hear from CDHC, please keep your hopes alive and don't give up. I know the wait can really be heart wrecking but you still gonna smile no matter the outcome.

Congrats lyfe, wishn Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ da best. One thing I av observed ȋ̊§ dat, CDHC can delay ur application but de will not deny Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊. More good news
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 8:03am On Jun 27, 2012
@lyfe, congrats, May God grant all of us blessings like urs.
@all, a very funny question indeed, can one be able to draw from his ''school account'' when he arrives or will they only give u refunds when the program is complete. CDHc made me pay more than I may actually need to pay to the university in tuition n fees dat I am seriously running dry now.....just want to know. God bless us all as we wait for our INEVITABLE TRVs.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
ebugirl: It can be done either ways. Its less than 1k
Congrats ebugirl and merci beaucoup.

lyfe: Fehin, go to any magistrate or federal high court the later is better, any typist you see should help you draft a good affidavit of support.
The content should contain these:
The name of sponsor(s)
Address or contact of sponsor(s)
The beneficiary(your name) Purpose (To study Msc. Nairaland Technology in Naira Province Canada)
Source of income of your sponsor.
Then the solemn declaration bla bla will follow, after which the jugde or
commissioner of oath will stamp on it
making it a legal document.

This should cost you less than 2K.
Congrats to you too lyfe. All the best and thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moluwaseun: 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hello house, Pls I need your opinion and advice, I had my Waec in 2001 and want to apply for a college in canada, I'm 26, the question is this, I'm thinking this question will arise at the deputy high commission what have I been doing for 11 years, what can I do and how do I go about this, what are my chances, Willing to pay the tuition and have a sponsor, please kindly let me know the procedure, and anyone knows anything about stoufville college? Is it a good college? Accredited and recognized by the canadian embassy? Please no agency adverts, Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by debosky(m): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
^^ What have you been doing for 11 years? If you can't share that, I don't see how you expect people to be able to advise you on how to proceed.

There is no procedure other than submitting your application as normal - you may have to explain the 11 year gap between your WAEC and now if you get called in for an interview.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
@lillaowow,
I will advise you to check CDHC website for dox required from your sponsor. You know applications are treated base on ur situation and case.
The letter of sponsorship will be from your sponsor with no other reference letter(If they are self-employed/own a Business). If they are employee in a company/organization,you need sponsorship letter from your sponsor,and employment letter from your sponsor's employer,Payslip and other evidence that your sponsors are truly employed with the company+earning good pay to support ur education. I hope it helps a bit.

@moluwaseun,
debosky is on point. give reasons for your academic gap and tips will come in,if you stand a chance or not. Though,it worths tryin' but it's necessary to calculate and evaluate. Stouffville college is a that offers ACCA. I also got admission there,waiting for TRV.
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by BigJakie: 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Dude, a lot of naija guys nd babes are re assured with this testimony of yours... In fact, I am at most. May God touch the hearts of the VO's and the office of the CDHC...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
moluwaseun: Hello house, Pls I need your opinion and advice, I had my Waec in 2001 and want to apply for a college in canada, I'm 26, the question is this, I'm thinking this question will arise at the deputy high commission what have I been doing for 11 years, what can I do and how do I go about this, what are my chances, Willing to pay the tuition and have a sponsor, please kindly let me know the procedure, and anyone knows anything about stoufville college? Is it a good college? Accredited and recognized by the canadian embassy? Please no agency adverts, Thanks

If you are able to answer that, will be easy for people to help you package what to say or do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by BigJakie: 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
@all... Please there z this tng thats bin on ma mind... What if the application is sponsored by an extended family relation and no proof of relationship is provided like pictures and family tree, just sponsor letter, does it matter?
I submitted mine 2 weeks ago.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
slamdunk99: @lyfe, congrats, May God grant all of us blessings like urs.
@all, a very funny question indeed, can one be able to draw from his ''school account'' when he arrives or will they only give u refunds when the program is complete. CDHc made me pay more than I may actually need to pay to the university in tuition n fees dat I am seriously running dry now.....just want to know. God bless us all as we wait for our INEVITABLE TRVs.......

just being curious, did CDHC specify the exact amount u were to pay in the instruction given to u... or did u pay both ur tuition fee and other ancillary fees associated with ur program.

i think u should call or email the accounts office of ur skool and let them know or u could request for a refund from the skool.... both ways u should inform them so as to get d best solution to that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
@lilawow, cdhc.gc.ca is always your romantic-italian-lover-with-a-heavy-accent. Lol. But seriously, go there and be illuminated. Lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
Haaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........................
@ lyfe, Congrat o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Bankwo7(f): 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
@ codedbrain,how far,longest while!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by CodeBrain: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is what i saw o my fellow nairalanders
Your application reference number Blah blah blah........................is now ready for collection.Please visit the centre where you submitted your application with your Receipt and Identification Proof between 08:00am and 03:30 pm (Local Time) all working days to collect the same which has been processed on 27/06/2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.