Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,871 members, 7,841,272 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511547 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dosunmumatilda: 7:08pm On Nov 02, 2012
I think in her own ccase she applied for visiting alone which takes dat 7wks and does not require medicals and for d case of ur friends wife she applied for tRv to join her husby and also work so those are two different visas with different processing time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
uchechuwku: hi guys, i'm new on nairaland even though i've been viewing as guests since july.
well, i submitted my application around August and i must confess, the wait is somehow......
has any august applicant been called for medicals?
i'm heading to U of Sask....anyone going to that school should let us relate.
i'm going for my undergraduate studies.
thanks guys.

Welcome!!
@spencer and Goddeymydear are those u hook up with as regards ur skool... Na wen d waiting don dey bite u.. U open mouth!!..hahahaha.. U r welcome to d waiting lounge where patience is virtue .. When did u submit in august?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 7:52pm On Nov 02, 2012
Hello All,
This would be my second post on this forum.Just wanted to share my goodnews.I got my TRV today.I applied for a study permit on May 30th,2012.I was called for medicals August 14th, 2012 with conditions to pay tuition and accommodation and was given 30days.Due to a mix up in the letter they sent to me,which I didn't understand.I asked for clarification and paid partial tuition fee.Submitted on September 19th, 2012 my partial tuition payment telex. Got a call from the embassy on the 20th asking I pay the full tuition and accommodation and was given another 30days and asked to get a new start date since I was to begin my program in September.With regards accommodation I told the embassy staff that called me I wasn't going to pay for accommodation for one year.The story is on my first post.So they asked I present at least a guest agreement.I made the complete tuition payment and then made a hotel reservation, new start date and submitted on the 29th of October,2012.My Visa was approved on the 30th of October, 2012.I Thank God for the long journey.It was worth the wait.

Documents I submitted
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
ORIGINAL WAEC CERTIFICATE
ORIGINAL BACHELORS CERTIFICATE
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT
CCNA CERTIFICATE
NYSC CERTIFICATE
BANK STATEMENT (PARENTS SPONSOR)
SHARES CERTIFICATE (FROM SPONSORS)
FAMILY TIE (PICTURES OF MY PARENTS AND SIBLINGS)AND ALSO DREW A FAMILY TREE.
POLICE CERTIFICATE (REPORT)
ALL ORIGINALS CAME ALONG WITH PHOTOCOPIES.THESE WHERE ALL I SUBMITTED.HOPE IT HELPS.THANKS.
COPY OF MY RESUME

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2012
White-Lily:
Hello All,
This would be my second post on this forum.Just wanted to share my goodnews.I got my TRV today.I applied for a study permit on May 30th,2012.I was called for medicals August 14th, 2012 with conditions to pay tuition and accommodation and was given 30days.Due to a mix up in the letter they sent to me,which I didn't understand.I asked for clarification and paid partial tuition fee.Submitted on September 19th, 2012 my partial tuition payment telex. Got a call from the embassy on the 20th asking I pay the full tuition and accommodation and was given another 30days and asked to get a new start date since I was to begin my program in September.With regards accommodation I told the embassy staff that called me I wasn't going to pay for accommodation for one year.The story is on my first post.So they asked I present at least a guest agreement.I made the complete tuition payment and then made a hotel reservation, new start date and submitted on the 29th of October,2012.My Visa was approved on the 30th of October, 2012.I Thank God for the long journey.It was worth the wait.

Documents I submitted
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT
CCNA CERTIFICATE
NYSC CERTIFICATE
ALL ORIGINALS CAME ALONG WITH PHOTOCOPIES.THESE WHERE ALL I SUBMITTED.HOPE IT HELPS.THANKS.
COPY OF MY RESUME

Congrats wc sch are u heading to
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Invincible1: 9:04pm On Nov 02, 2012
White-Lily:
Hello All,

Documents I submitted
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT
CCNA CERTIFICATE
NYSC CERTIFICATE
COPY OF MY RESUME

Congratulations White-Lily,Happy for you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
seir405:

Congrats whitelily.
Hw much was in ur sponsors closing balance.
Please don't tell me u r heading to usask cos una don too much 4 dis forum
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2012
@all, I want to clarify a doubt. If the skool am applying to ask that my budget should be CAD$24,000, is this what the CDHC want to see? plus what your sponsor posses?
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 10:55pm On Nov 02, 2012
blink6: @all, I want to clarify a doubt. If the skool am applying to ask that my budget should be CAD$24,000, is this what the CDHC want to see? plus what your sponsor posses?
Thanks.

Blink blink blink as the name implies you are too fastforwarding, so climb from down to top, go sit your ass down and read to pass ur waec.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2012
yungokus:

Welcome!!
@spencer and Goddeymydear are those u hook up with as regards ur skool... Na wen d waiting don dey bite u.. U open mouth!!..hahahaha.. U r welcome to d waiting lounge where patience is virtue .. When did u submit in august?

Thanks......

Are the ppl you mentioned still on d forum?? Cos I knw ppl disappear after dia TRV.
Btw, I submitted 28th of august

D wait is sumhow.....frustrating most time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2012
efosa12345:

Blink blink blink as the name implies you are too fastforwarding, so climb from down to top, go sit your ass down and read to pass ur waec.

That is so RUDE!!!!
No matter what.

Sumtimes it is better viewing as guest, yu wldnt be sumhow attached to d thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2012
seir405:
Thanks Seir405. I am heading to University of Victoria, Postgraduate Studies.I share my blessings with all of you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2012
White-Lily:
Hello All,
This would be my second post on this forum.Just wanted to share my goodnews.I got my TRV today.
Thanks for sharing. God bless u real good. Plz don't run off yet, u may still be of help to someone, at least before u resume school fully.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2012
mercylicious:

Congrats whitelily.
Hw much was in ur sponsors closing balance.
Please don't tell me u r heading to usask cos una don too much 4 dis forum

Thanks Mercylicious
University Of Victoria, BC.My sponsor had #9m
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 11:41pm On Nov 02, 2012
kayce43:
Thanks for sharing. God bless u real good. Plz don't run off yet, u may still be of help to someone, at least before u resume school fully.
You welcome Kayce43.I make it a point of duty to help out.it may come late because I am in and out of internet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 11:45pm On Nov 02, 2012
Invincible1:

Congratulations White-Lily,Happy for you!
Thank you Invincible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 12:21am On Nov 03, 2012
efosa12345:

dude, wat has my questn got to do with waec?
I just asked a simple question na. U funi o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2012
White Lily,congrats.Please did you include english proficiency test in your application for admission at victoria?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by WhiteLily1: 12:59am On Nov 03, 2012
surecan: White Lily,congrats.Please did you include english proficiency test in your application for admission at victoria?
Hello Surecan.I didn't include English proficiency test.I was given a provisional acceptance letter.I would write the exam in december.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:20am On Nov 03, 2012
@Blink, one step @ a time, no need to rush........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by okemi(m): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2012
Morning, a student looking forward 2 doing masters in canada.. Pls I need info on memorial university where I intend doing MBA. Pls how do I register for gmat and is there any gmat centre in lagos to learn gmat. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 03, 2012
D first thing to do is visit www.mun.ca
Check if they offer MBA, requirements and cost. Know if they require gmat 4 all applicants or if sum ppl are exempted.
For gmat exam, I don't know their their centres in naija, bt when I wrote toefl(though nt for canada) I opened their site and checked their testing centres in Nigeria and found the one closest to me. I called them wit the contact before making payments.
I know there are two testing centres at Ikeja bt can't remember d names now. U can use google and check.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2012
okemi: Morning, a student looking forward 2 doing masters in canada.. Pls I need info on memorial university where I intend doing MBA. Pls how do I register for gmat and is there any gmat centre in lagos to learn gmat. Thanks in anticipation.
there are centers that register g-mat in lagos..i dont really know their name, but i know GRE cost about 40k to register. ask the gurus in travelling to u.s tread, they will help u with any kind of assistance u need.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2012
dvic: Please anyone in the house,I'm new to Nairaland travel Section,I will love to go for a P.hd in Canada,already have b.sc and M.sc from Nigerian university and I have travel to the UK,Germany,EU and Us before I'm married so where do I start from and the process anyone in the house should please help me I'm JJC in the house
what course are u going to study, use http://www.aucc.ca/ to search for schools that spur ur interest. P.hd is mainly research based, so most schools admit limited number of students cause they are the ones funding the students. some schools will want u to get a potential supervisor that has the same or similar research interest as yours, and also contact the school library to check if books ur going to use for research are available.
most times GRE and scholarly written papers are required for P.hd students before admitting them.. it all boils down on the course and university u want to apply to...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 10:52am On Nov 03, 2012
My sponsor called. She told me CDHC called her work place. Spoke with d highest Oga about her. (D response was really good, she got d hint from another staff)
Has anyone had such experience before?
Really hoping for positive news soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2012
uchechuwku: hi guys, i'm new on nairaland even though i've been viewing as guests since july.
well, i submitted my application around August and i must confess, the wait is somehow......
has any august applicant been called for medicals?
i'm heading to U of Sask....anyone going to that school should let us relate.
i'm going for my undergraduate studies.
thanks guys.

Welcome.....going to d same skul. Submitted august too.
Glad to have u here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:20am On Nov 03, 2012
Bruv, which of the weeks did you submit?
lillaowow:

Glad to have u here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 11:33am On Nov 03, 2012
lillaowow:

Glad to have u here

Tnks boss....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
@lillaowow then who is your sponsor.4 me i have never hard of it before.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
lillaowow: My sponsor called. She told me CDHC called her work place. Spoke with d highest Oga about her. (D response was really good, she got d hint from another staff)
Has anyone had such experience before?
Really hoping for positive news soon.
Thanks for sharing brv, who was ur sponsor? parents, uncle, etc; ds is wat ds thread is about; helping n feedbacks. thanks again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
I have 2 sponsors.....mum and brother.
Mum got a call. Works with a canadian company
Probably dey wanted to verify she actually works wif dem.
Anyways, I'm hoping for good news soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2012
White-Lily:
Hello All,

Documents I submitted
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT
CCNA CERTIFICATE
NYSC CERTIFICATE
COPY OF MY RESUME

Congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by molue27: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
@White Lily, please, did u submit affidavit support or sponsor's letter? And also did u submit any letter from your sponsor's employer? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.