Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,956 members, 7,863,393 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:00 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513327 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by molue27: 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] Good day house, please i need your help. My dad is my sponsor and he's a Military Pensioner. Do i still need an affidavit of support? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 5:37am On Nov 04, 2012
molue27: [color=#006600][/color] Good day house, please i need your help. My dad is my sponsor and he's a Military Pensioner. Do i still need an affidavit of support? Thanks.

YES!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners: @Blink, one step @ a time, no need to rush........
Oga, me don't understand what you mean by ur above statement o! Na bad thing if I try to prepare before hand?
This is a forum afterall... if you got answer to my questions, you help by answering 'em. I haven't done this before, that why I joined the forum in the first place,,, so as to avoid regrets later.
Hope you understand?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
blink6:
Oga, me don't understand what you mean by ur above statement o! Na bad thing if I try to prepare before hand?
This is a forum afterall... if you got answer to my questions, you help by answering 'em. I haven't done this before, that why I joined the forum in the first place,,, so as to avoid regrets later.
Hope you understand?

with d way u ask questions, u stand a chance of fallin into d hands of scammers....
Be Careful!..a word is enough for d wise...
Why not work on gettin admission first...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2012
@all, how much does it cost to extend the e-passport..Issued Authority: Abeokuta

My Passport was issued May 2011, Expires: May 2016

Looking to apply for study permit May 2013 for a 2years masters program...2013-2015...after which I might proceed wt PhD or PGWP

Do I need a valid passport to apply for study permit extension or the PGWP in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners: @all, how much does it cost to extend the e-passport..Issued Authority: Abeokuta

My Passport was issued May 2011, Expires: May 2016

Looking to apply for study permit May 2013 for a 2years masters program...2013-2015...after which I might proceed wt PhD or PGWP

Do I need a valid passport to apply for study permit extension or the PGWP in Canada?
dude, i don't think u need to extend ur passport before applying for canadian visa with ur current expiring date. besides u can always renew ur passport in Canada at the Nigerian embassy in ottawa. that's part of their job as an embassy cool. as for the cost in nigeria, i think is btwn 10-15k for passport renewal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
freshdude:
dude, i don't think u need to extend ur passport before applying for canadian visa with ur current expiring date. besides u can always renew ur passport in Canada at the Nigerian embassy in ottawa. that's part of their job as an embassy cool. as for the cost in nigeria, i think is btwn 10-15k for passport renewal.

Brilliant!, just the response I needed..Thanks alot Freshdude...
Whats up with ur admission package?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners:

mehn still on it bro, i just added Manitoba to my list cheesy. i hope i get admission decision early feb so i can apply by march. i dont want CDHC to keep me waiting for months, this one them dey hold person passport like say na heaven them wan give person visa go. and i don't want to resume late too.
sup wit urs.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 8:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners:

with d way u ask questions, u stand a chance of fallin into d hands of scammers....
Be Careful!..a word is enough for d wise...
Why not work on gettin admission first...

ok sir. I don't want to speak about my admission status.
My skool is asking that I have CAD$24,000, is this what am gonna show at the embassy+the one in my sponsor's account?
On behalf of my friend, I'll like to ask if someone that want to apply for winter(jan)2014, still write the waec exam next year. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
blink6:

ok sir. I don't want to speak about my admission status.
My skool is asking that I have CAD$24,000, is this what am gonna show at the embassy+the one in my sponsor's account?
On behalf of my friend, I'll like to ask if someone that want to apply for winter(jan)2014, still write the waec exam next year. Thanks.

Yeah...he can. Write SSCE next year but he shl hope d result comes early like say august ending (I hope).......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 9:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
uchechuwku:

Yeah...he can. Write SSCE next year but he shl hope d result comes early like say august ending (I hope).......
Thanks bro. yuh the kind of person needed here.
What of the money question?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
freshdude:
mehn still on it bro, i just added Manitoba to my list cheesy. i hope i get admission decision early feb so i can apply by march.

Manitoba isnt a bad idea, like u know, I applied to Usask, umanitoba and MUN..
I have completed my application with usask and Manitoba, MUN still waiting for my Transcript...

For Manitoba, I was told applications for Fall would be considered between January and February on a first come first serve basis...

did u apply to oda unis?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
blink6:
Thanks bro. yuh the kind of person needed here.
What of the money question?

hahahahahahah
guy!!!!!!
Well, If ur friend write WAEC around May/June 2012, result release: August..... Ur friend wld send his application which would take up to 4weeks to be considered i.e acceptance wld be received by late September, October or November....
Bros ur friend cant apply for a Winter 2014 start considering the 4-6month CDHC processing time..stop fooling urself here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners:

hahahahahahah
guy!!!!!!
Well, If ur friend write WAEC around May/June 2012, result release: August..... Ur friend wld send his application which would take up to 4weeks to be considered i.e acceptance wld be received by late September, October or November....
Bros ur friend cant apply for a Winter 2014 start considering the 4-6month CDHC processing time..stop fooling urself here
Thought as much. anyways, I believe God want the best. If winter will be late, considering fall is not bad. Just don't know if my dad will buy that idea of me waiting till fall 2014. don't want to start in any uni here, and start wasting money... staying at home won't be a good idea either. I need advises biko.
And, u seem to be a very abusive fellow. how my fooling myself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners:

did u apply to oda unis?
yup i did..some of them are still waiting for my transcript and reference letter. hopefully by next week i will be done wit this applications + sending of the supplementary materials.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kennyGGG(f): 11:35pm On Nov 04, 2012
earthgreeners:

stop fooling urself here

@Earthgreeners: 1yr from now, we'll know whose is here fooling him or herself. Those who come running their mouth without a TRV or those who have asked stupid questions and got their TRV. You seem to be very rude.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 11:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
I hear some guys listing skools they've applied to. Abeg, na free to apply to this skools? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:07am On Nov 05, 2012
You need spankingwink...application fee dey
blink6: I hear some guys listing skools they've applied to. Abeg, na free to apply to this skools? grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 05, 2012
earthgreeners:

hahahahahahah
guy!!!!!!
Bros ur friend cant apply for a Winter 2014 start[b] considering the 4-6month CDHC processing time[/b]..stop fooling urself here

Does it really take this long to process the Visa? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:13am On Nov 05, 2012
^^^that's the range bruv...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 05, 2012
Joe980: ^^^that's the range bruv...

Nawa o. This is very serios....on top wetin. Im assuming this applies to study visas only right? or does this also include other visa categories like the visiting or tourist visas
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 12:23am On Nov 05, 2012
^^^am not loaded about other types of visa...this is basically student visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 12:58am On Nov 05, 2012
FINAL VERDICT ON THE 2 NIGERIAN STUDENTS FOUND WANTING IN CANADA
https://www.nairaland.com/1093501/canada-deport-2-nigerian-students#12833380
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 1:49am On Nov 05, 2012
pauloman: FINAL VERDICT ON THE 2 NIGERIAN STUDENTS FOUND WANTING IN CANADA
https://www.nairaland.com/1093501/canada-deport-2-nigerian-students#12833380
I read this on http:// www. thatgist. co. cc , twas very shocking. could this be a racial act? cos their deed dnt worth them been deported.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 1:53am On Nov 05, 2012
Nobody dey even talk about skools for manitoba. why na?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 05, 2012
@blink,
Ill advise again, try and write your waec. After dt, u can start school in Naija while waiting 4 Canny visa- my advise though.
If I started my Msc here since I started dis Canny thing, by now I for don grad. My friends have.
I applied 4 msc thesis, and they dumped my applicatn. After a year of waiting for decision, I wrote them severally and no response. It happened dt the admisn officer was on vacation and this was not changed in their website nor an auto response given to dt effect. I complained to my friends in dt sch, who then gave me a fone no of an insider, who helped in tracing my file.
After a while, she saw where it was dumped and told me dt since I grad 4rm naija, it maybe hard to get thesis based masters, she gave me address of who to write to change it to project based.
The person appologised and promised to put my application for the upcoming admisn . By the time I got fd admisn in May, it was too late to apply for May, so I applied for Sept.
Was denied applicatn for sept, I repackaged and applied for Winter.
If I started naija msc, by now I wuld hv finished and moved on.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2012
blink6: Nobody dey even talk about skools for manitoba. why na?

My Advice

Have something solid so that people will take you serious.

To me, you're just "window shopping". When you're ready to buy the goods, you'll find your way into the shop with you money at hand
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:42am On Nov 05, 2012
kennyGGG: @Earthgreeners: 1yr from now, we'll know whose is here fooling him or herself. Those who come running their mouth without a TRV or those who have asked stupid questions and got their TRV. You seem to be very rude.
@KennyGG, I dnt understand ur statement..u seem to be taking it personal....
@blinks, take it easy brother,
sit tight for ur exams, then apply for admission...u can start a program here while u wait for ur admission...u can check If ur school has a May start for undergrad

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:50am On Nov 05, 2012
freshdude:
yup i did..some of them are still waiting for my transcript and reference letter. hopefully by next week i will be done wit this applications + sending of the supplementary materials.

Nice one bro, what other unis....
We wld have a big decision to make.......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2012
Donxavier: Nawa o. This is very serios....on top wetin. Im assuming this applies to study visas only right? or does this also include other visa categories like the visiting or tourist visas

na so we see am oooo....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 10:07am On Nov 05, 2012
earthgreeners:

Nice one bro, what other unis....

Ottawa, Carlton, Sask and Manitoba. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2012
earthgreeners:

You know I was given less than 2 years due to my passport expiry date of July 2014. I plan to renew and extend it when I get to Canada.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.