Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,992 members, 7,863,549 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513336 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2012
@mercylicious, i dont really get the "u were denied" part..is it that u applied for sept and ur application was denied maybe cause u were applying late or u applied and u weren't called for medicals or something.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kayce43: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hi y'all, plz share if u've hrd 4rm CDHC on any category of visa. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
lft: You know I was given less than 2 years due to my passport expiry date of July 2014. I plan to renew and extend it when I get to Canada.

whatz up with ur travel arrangement big brother, how about ur accomodatiom?, did u finally settle for on campus @ university college residence?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
Guess what house this is good News coming from the CDHC concerning my Application.Comment.Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2012
Please house tell me what its means,cos am about to enter Lagos any time from now.Cheer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
frankysteve: Please house tell me what its means,cos am about to enter Lagos any time from now.Cheer

bros if u done do ur medicals b4 na b say dat na ur trv..... Bt if u neva do medicals am sorry bro, dat's denial
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
Hi everyone,

I got into this situation... In the past 2006, i applied for a vistor's visa to the US but it was denied. In 2007 , I applied again and got 1 year visa, went to the u.s, spent 6 months over there never over stayed and came back home. i decided to take a trip to belize in 2009 for a visit went to belize and decided to apply for a U.S student visa was denied and the reason was you were unable to demonstrate sufficiently strong economic , educational, family and or social linkages to belize that would compel you to return after your travel to the united states.. and i agree with that cuz i was only on a one month visitor's visa when i applied at that time but now I'M resident of this country and have all ties that links me to this place, But My Question I have a new passport now and I have decided to apply for college in canada , In the BACKGROUND INFORMATION "Have you ever been refused a visa, admission, or ordered to leave Canada or other countries? how should i answer this cause im worried if l answer with a yes i might be refused my study permit.. !? what do y'all suggest i do.. !? i need everyone thought on this..! plz sha! what advice do you have for brother oh ! P.S i have good travel history and never over stayed or got into any trouble, or over stayed my visa for any country!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
Goldie20: Hi everyone,

I got into this situation... In the past 2006, i applied for a vistor's visa to the US but it was denied. In 2007 , I applied again and got 1 year visa, went to the u.s, spent 6 months over there never over stayed and came back home. i decided to take a trip to belize in 2009 for a visit went to belize and decided to apply for a U.S student visa was denied and the reason was you were unable to demonstrate sufficiently strong economic , educational, family and or social linkages to belize that would compel you to return after your travel to the united states.. and i agree with that cuz i was only on a one month visitor's visa when i applied at that time but now I'M resident of this country and have all ties that links me to this place, But My Question I have a new passport now and I have decided to apply for college in canada , In the BACKGROUND INFORMATION "Have you ever been refused a visa, admission, or ordered to leave Canada or other countries? how should i answer this cause im worried if l answer with a yes i might be refused my study permit.. !? what do y'all suggest i do.. !? i need everyone thought on this..! plz sha! what advice do you have for brother oh ! P.S i have good travel history and never over stayed or got into any trouble, or over stayed my visa for any country!

guy i will suggest u fill in NO..... Cos dey cant start pulling up all ur travel history to comfirm if ur answer was right or wrong. To b on a safer side fill in NO. Guru's in d house should also suggest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2012
earthgreeners:

whatz up with ur travel arrangement big brother, how about ur accomodatiom?, did u finally settle for on campus @ university college residence?

Assalaamu 'alaykum wr wb

Jazaka l-Ahu for your concern. I can see from the thread that you're progressing with your admissions. May Allah ease our tasks.

I am still trying to get a reasonable one way ticket. I hope to book my flight by the end of the week insha Allah. I have been placed on the waiting list for campus accommodation but it is still not sure. I am looking up to Allah for help with regards to accommodation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 1:42pm On Nov 05, 2012

@Goldie20, from all you said you've not been denied visa in any capacity by Canada. My suggestion is you fill 'NO'. Hope that answers your question? Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Olami1224: 1:43pm On Nov 05, 2012
earthgreener: It's well bro. and for those who collected their TRV, am really happy for you. Make una pray for me oo, cos i submitted my receipt last week Friday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
@frankysteve, have you done medical prior to this moment? If the answer is no, then i am sorry you've been denied. Safe journey to lagos!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2012

i would advice you tell them the truth about your being denied, becos i dont think you should be denied based on that, seeing that you were later given a visa to the same US that denied b4.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dealexad(m): 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
lft:

Assalaamu 'alaykum wr wb

Jazaka l-Ahu for your concern. I can see from the thread that you're progressing with your admissions. May Allah ease our tasks.

I am still trying to get a reasonable one way ticket. I hope to book my flight by the end of the week insha Allah. I have been placed on the waiting list for campus accommodation but it is still not sure. I am looking up to Allah for help with regards to accommodation.

my advice: Get a return ticket, you could be turned back at the airport for not getting a return ticket (as you are expected to be back to nigeria). a friend of mine who travelled last december had this issue and hwd to by a return ticket right there at the airport before he was allowed to even check in.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by frankysteve(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
xtus how do u know that is denial cos is the first time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2012
frankysteve: xtus how do u know that is denial cos is the first time

When did you submit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
@Frank...the house works with previous response. Keep us posted when you've gotten your package. Yours might be different.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
Has august applicant's tracked today?
My ears are itching for good news.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
frankysteve: Guess what house this is good News coming from the CDHC concerning my Application.Comment.Your application has been assessed by the Canadian High Commission/Consulate General of Canada and is being returned to the centre where you applied.

Thats no good news o. Thats outright refusal from CDHC. Following the trend. But God's time is the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by omosanyaolak(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
@franky, base on the history on this forum. If you have not done medical and you have such notification on your status it is automatic denial. Painful though, we dont need to hide from the truth. If it was to be a visitor's visa then you might think otherwise. Mighty CDHC have mercy on US!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 3:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
mercylicious: Has august applicant's tracked today?
My ears are itching for good news.

Yes I have.... Still under processing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2012
uchechuwku:

Yes I have.... Still under processing

I also submitted mid-september but I want to add one document. How do I send it to CDHC and will it delay the processing? Thanks
Ajah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
dealexad:

my advice: Get a return ticket, you could be turned back at the airport for not getting a return ticket (as you are expected to be back to nigeria). a friend of mine who travelled last december had this issue and hwd to by a return ticket right there at the airport before he was allowed to even check in.

@dealexad, thank you for sharing that information. I will look out for a return ticket then.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2012
My dear, just have a heart of gold. Its better u go their knowing this info than to go there expectant.
If u have nt gone for medicals- they normally give d info dt ur attention is required where u submitted. If u have nt gone for medicals and they tell u it has been assessed and its for study permit. Dts denial. U said u submitted on July 31st and dt ur sponsor doesn't bear same surname. Be strong and go n receive ur package.
I sense sponsor not credible. If so, just get sponsor of same surname wit good acnt history if u can and reaPply. I did.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2012

like i said earlier...... If u have done ur MEDICALS then its ur TRV, but if u never do MEDICALS, bros sorry na refusal. Hope u undastnd my point.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
@all, I stumbled on this flight booking website with office in Lagos - http://www.travelstart.com.ng and they have reasonably cheap flights. Anyone have any info or have had any encounter with the company?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2012
mercylicious: @blink,
Ill advise again, try and write your waec. After dt, u can start school in Naija while waiting 4 Canny visa- my advise though.
If I started my Msc here since I started dis Canny thing, by now I for don grad. My friends have.
I applied 4 msc thesis, and they dumped my applicatn. After a year of waiting for decision, I wrote them severally and no response. It happened dt the admisn officer was on vacation and this was not changed in their website nor an auto response given to dt effect. I complained to my friends in dt sch, who then gave me a fone no of an insider, who helped in tracing my file.
After a while, she saw where it was dumped and told me dt since I grad 4rm naija, it maybe hard to get thesis based masters, she gave me address of who to write to change it to project based.
The person appologised and promised to put my application for the upcoming admisn . By the time I got fd admisn in May, it was too late to apply for May, so I applied for Sept.
Was denied applicatn for sept, I repackaged and applied for Winter.
If I started naija msc, by now I wuld hv finished and moved on.
Babes, this is the nicest talk ever from you. Am just gonna write my exams next year. Am starting my first year in ansu this year... so, I'll just hang in there. Apply for the skool next year, after my waec result is out(they asking for A's and B's), if not, I would've used my current result. It nothing really...Am gonna keep my hopes high.
Thanks again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
frankysteve: Please house tell me what its means,cos am about to enter Lagos any time from now.Cheer

Hello @Frankysteve so sorry about this news .. Its a denial if u avent done medicals and they update ur status this way.. Like I said from my observations on how CDHC does their assessment which I posted some few days bak on this thread. If after d 14th week one applies and still no news its always very difficult to get a positive news and if one looks into what cud be delaying, like i also sed mayb one uses a diff surname as ur sponsor or uncle..it myt b d reason for d delay and denial...as it is they are easily becoming predictable 70%...@frankysteve please don't give up.. Refire back in no tym.. And wit d xperience gathered on dis forum and Gods favor, u will achieve it.. Amen .. God bless
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2012
earthgreeners:
@KennyGG, I dnt understand ur statement..u seem to be taking it personal....
@blinks, take it easy brother,
sit tight for ur exams, then apply for admission...u can start a program here while u wait for ur admission...u can check If ur school has a May start for undergrad
Exactly what am gonna do. Though, my program here in Nigeria will start this month. Am gonna keep paying till 2014, then goto Canada and start from begining. Mehn! it not easy, but I know God'll intervene. Let His will be done.
It seems MUN don't easily give admissions?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2012

.....Tell them the truth, Canada and US share database cause of all these terrorist wahala....they run your name through same DB....if your name comes up you have applied before to US, denied and you lied....forget both sides forever.....your US denial is not something that Canada will deny you visa over....so far you show you are financially capable of taking care of yourself and present all necessary docs....you should be fine....I have a friend that was denied Canadian Study visa 3 times and guess what...he applied for Permanent Residency and he was given....so...no shaking my guy...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Goldie20: 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2012
Well my other worry is if i say NO and they end up finding out, my application will be refused automatically and i might get in trouble i checked the CIC website and this what i found..

Note that lying on an application or in an interview with a CIC officer is also fraud and a crime.
Penalties

Depending on the situation, the penalties may include:

No entry into Canada for at least two years.
A permanent record of fraud in CIC's database.
Having your permanent resident status or Canadian citizenship revoked.
Being charged with a crime.
Removal from Canada.

I have an appointment with the u.s embassy in decmeber, i think i might just end up withdrawing the application until i apply for my canadian permit first, and i also Think i will just end up telling them the truth and give them a good detailed reasons why i was refused.. it might do me good in the future. but thanks everyone. appreciate, I Wish Y'all Luck In You TRV, I Pray God Grants Us All Our Wishes Of Being In Canada Someday!.. Thanks Again Everyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
Siga: .....Tell them the truth, Canada and US share database cause of all these terrorist wahala....they run your name through same DB....if your name comes up you have applied before to US, denied and you lied....forget both sides forever.....your US denial is not something that Canada will deny you visa over....so far you show you are financially capable of taking care of yourself and present all necessary docs....you should be fine....I have a friend that was denied Canadian Study visa 3 times and guess what...he applied for Permanent Residency and he was given....so...no shaking my guy...

Jesus!!! R u sure they share d same database? Kindly confirm cos I hv a friend dt has been denied US visa 4 times and is thinking Canada dis time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.