Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,202 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513300 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 2:08am On Nov 09, 2012
hmm! U wan kill me @lilwow. We not quarelling na.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:10am On Nov 09, 2012
grin badt guy
lillaowow:

How e take concern nairaland or CDHC??
..Gud nite dude.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:15am On Nov 09, 2012
I think delaying of applications all over the world by CDHC is a delibrate attempt to cut-down the numbers of applicants.

Nigeria as a case study:
Most June applicants have been answered over a months and two weeks ago.
Some july applicants have been called close to a months ago.
Someone reported that VAC stopped accepting applications from Winter applicants around the 2nd week in september.
So where exactly is the high number of applications they receive comming from?
I'm sure they don't receive high visiting applications around this time. Who would wanna go to canada at this time (december I mean) for tourism?? Chilling in a -4 degree Celsius all in d name of tourism?

I'm convinced (but not certain) delaying of application is a deliberate attempt or they're just lazy. C'mon, it doesn't even take them a week to reach any decision on an application. #FRUSTRATED..... Abeg, I need my docs back jare esp ma passport make I continue wit ma bankinn transactions.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 2:18am On Nov 09, 2012
Now I understand ur pain. No worry, God is in control.
lillaowow: I think delaying of applications all over the world by CDHC is a delibrate attempt to cut-down the numbers of applicants.

Nigeria as a case study:
Someone reported that VAC stopped accepting applications from Winter applicants around the 2nd week in september.
I'm sure they don't receive high visiting applications around this time. Who would wanna go to canada at this time (december I mean) for tourism?? Chilling in a -4 degree Celsius all in d name of tourism?

I'm convinced (but not certain) delaying of application is a deliberate attempt or they're just lazy. C'mon, it doesn't even take them a week to reach any decision on an application. #FRUSTRATED..... Abeg, I need my docs back jare esp ma passport make I continue wit ma bankinn transactions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:19am On Nov 09, 2012
^^^#OCCUPYCDHCgrin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:20am On Nov 09, 2012
LOL

I don't mean I need my documents back like that. I need it backk with a decision (and a positive one I HOPE).

Don't they (CDHC) know TIME is a luxury??
Time is money, time is wealth, time is LIFE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:21am On Nov 09, 2012
lillaowow: I think delaying of applications all over the world by CDHC is a delibrate attempt to cut-down the numbers of applicants.

Nigeria as a case study:

....point of correction...the Temp in December can be as low as -22c in most parts....infact one time for Toronto it was -35 windchill....now, about the delay....they have a huge backlog of various applications....also...the government have a set amount of visas to grant every month...once they reach that number...they relax until the next month or maybe quarterly....few things I know about Canada is that they make plans in the system to accommodate immigrants...plus...since they have to check all naija docs like calling banks and all...it takes time...so...dont be discouraged...I felt same way one time...God never fails...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:24am On Nov 09, 2012
blink6: Now I understand ur pain. No worry, God is in control.

Yu no fit understand jare..

But slow down on yur questions. Yu shld know by now that most universities in canada accept WAEC..abi yu think say na UTME u go write enta.
Their applications is very competitive so you've got to have an 'appealing' result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 2:26am On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ....point of correction...the Temp in December can be as low as -22c in most parts....infact one time for Toronto it was -35 windchill....now, about the delay....they have a huge backlog of various applications....also...the government have a set amount of visas to grant every month...once they reach that number...they relax until the next month or maybe quarterly....few things I know about Canada is that they make plans in the system to accommodate immigrants...plus...since they have to check all naija docs like calling banks and all...it takes time...so...dont be discouraged...I felt same way one time...God never fails...
this issue of calling bank, is nonsense o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:27am On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ....point of correction...the Temp in December can be as low as -22c in most parts....infact one time for Toronto it was -35 windchill....now, about the delay....they have a huge backlog of various applications....also...the government have a set amount of visas to grant every month...once they reach that number...they relax until the next month or maybe quarterly....few things I know about Canada is that they make plans in the system to accommodate immigrants...plus...since they have to check all naija docs like calling banks and all...it takes time...so...dont be discouraged...I felt same way one time...God never fails...

I used -4 as an example. Abi if yu get ppl wey wan visit u, u no go discourgae dem about dis period of d year??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 2:28am On Nov 09, 2012
blink6:
It isn't nonsense. It is d right thing to do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:28am On Nov 09, 2012
There you go again...walai, no go wound oo grin
blink6:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 2:29am On Nov 09, 2012
@Lil, it's knocking already...I could feel it wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:30am On Nov 09, 2012
blink6:
...its so sad and its all the wahala for naija....when I invited my mama...i didnt even send bank statement...I only sent a bank letter showing my acct balance the day I got the letter, investment statement, job letter and 3 other docs...and my mum got her visa within a week...it was a shock...no one was expecting it to be that fast...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 2:32am On Nov 09, 2012
lillaowow:

I used -4 as an example. Abi if yu get ppl wey wan visit u, u no go discourgae dem about dis period of d year??
ah...see u...u will be surprised people dont care ooo....enough naija boys dey enter anytime...if Nigerians can survive any weather ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 2:59am On Nov 09, 2012
Joe980: There you go again...walai, no go wound oo grin
I dn tire for una o! simple talk dae raise alarm for una ear... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by imadebaby: 3:54am On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ah...see u...u will be surprised people dont care ooo....enough naija boys dey enter anytime...if Nigerians can survive any weather ooo

Hi siga, wen u whr applying for ur study permit did u apply with ur wife of she joined u on a later date? Abi na whitey u marry for there grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:29am On Nov 09, 2012

Nigeria as a case study:

Lol...they normally have approved quotas allotted for each fiscal year for each visa category,perhaps they have almost exhausted that of this year but if that is the case i am sure they will know how to shuffle things out....#justmyopinion#

So make Patience your companion for now bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 8:38am On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ah...see u...u will be surprised people dont care ooo....enough naija boys dey enter anytime...if Nigerians can survive any weather ooo

@Siga

Please add me on skype with pauloman5 . Expecting your request. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ...bro...unfortunately...I have zero idea in that field...I can only advise u on one of the questions...u said u planned to come to Waterloo even though u are applying with Lethbridge on ur application...no wahala there...once u reach here...u can go straight to Waterloo and register there...once u register...send ur new acceptance letter of Waterloo and immigration will change ur study permit to Waterloo...all i can say is Waterloo is better than Lethbridge...because u will be very close to Toronto where business and flight is more frequent...getting a job, I have no clue...but, one thing I know is the government posted aviation jobs as one of the careers they need people...just check this link out....this is the second career site ...Second career is a program where government will sponsor you to fill some of the most needed jobs out there...www.secondcareerontario.com/web/second_career/landing/default.aspx ....

Thanks so much. But what if the embassy ask me to pay part of the tuition fees before they approve, do I have any chance of getting like 90% of the money back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:23am On Nov 09, 2012
Check your school refund policy
adexcube:

Thanks so much. But what if the embassy ask me to pay part of the tuition fees before they approve, do I have any chance of getting like 90% of the money back.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2012
Joe980: Check your school refund policy

Thank you, will do that.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2012
adexcube:

Thank you, will do that.

It took me 4hrs to go through parts1&2 of this thread to have insight into how CDHC have dealt with applicants in the past. I realise that this time last year it was almost the same. Infact a lot of people didn't make the January resumption and were asked to defer their admission to another start date. For many who didn't hear from the embassy in Nov and Dec, JANUARY 17th and above is when medical instruction/refusal started coming in. While much may not have changed from last year till now, ours may be different due to the introduction of VAC last December. My suggestion is get busy while you wait. If I don't hear from them first week in December, I will write my school to defer till May so I don't lose my tuition deposit which I was forced to pay by my school. I wish everyone speed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by grock1(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2012
Abeg, if someone have been denied visa on his passport from another country like UK before. Can that person be given a canadian student visa if he apply with the same passport? Does the previously rejected visa from uk affect his being given a Canada student visa? Pls i need an answer.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2012
^^^It doesn't stop you, provided having a good record.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by grock1(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2012
Joe980: ^^^It doesn't stop you, provided having a good record.

Thanks joe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
imadebaby:

Hi siga, wen u whr applying for ur study permit did u apply with ur wife of she joined u on a later date? Abi na whitey u marry for there grin
...I really didnt wanna answer u , but I think I need to set the record straight with u....I graduated as an Electrical Engineer in Nigeria...worked for Procter & Gamble for years before I got a scholarship to study Computer Science here in Canada....I have kids that are almost in high school and BTW...my wife is not white...she is black....and if u are as computer literate as everyone here....I am sure u have heard of Skilled Worker PR programs in Canada....I believe when people are here trying to figure out what next move to make in their respective future, you should learn and stop making disrespectful jokes...I know you are looking for attention, but this is no thow to seek attention....we are all students of knowledge....if you believe u know more than everyone here....please prove ur worth....Tx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ...I really didnt wanna answer u , but I think I need to set the record straight with u....I graduated as an Electrical Engineer in Nigeria...worked for Procter & Gamble for years before I got a scholarship to study Computer Science here in Canada....I have kids that are almost in high school and BTW...my wife is not white...she is black....and if u are as computer literate as everyone here....I am sure u have heard of Skilled Worker PR programs in Canada....I believe when people are here trying to figure out what next move to make in their respective future, you should learn and stop making disrespectful jokes...I know you are looking for attention, but this is no thow to seek attention....we are all students of knowledge....if you believe u know more than everyone here....please prove ur worth....Tx

Oh Siga sorry. I guess the guy mis-joked. Forgive him. I am really enjoying your contributions. Thanks for the understanding. @ALL please lets leave jokes out for now. Its difficult to make people understand you are joking when they dont even know you. Learn! thats what this is all about.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
effizypo:

Oh Siga sorry. I guess the guy mis-joked. Forgive him. I am really enjoying your contributions. Thanks for the understanding. @ALL please lets leave jokes out for now. Its difficult to make people understand you are joking when they dont even know you. Learn! thats what this is all about.
...Tx alot my bro...I have always advised anyone that plans to study abroad to choose Canada...why?...Reason very simple....when you come in as a student...go to provinces like Manitoba, Saska and others that have provincial nominee programs...after ur studies, be it 4yrs undergrad, masters or Phd....u are guaranteed a Permanent Residency....this is a fact...U gain points on been in the Canadian System thru school, plus if you get a job...the better....I schooled here...and as God in his infinite mercies would have it...I got a job a month after studies....and I waited 6 months to gain Canadian work experience...and applied for PR coupled with my Nigerian work experience....its simple, just play by the rules and u will be fine...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
Siga: ...Tx alot my bro...I have always advised anyone that plans to study abroad to choose Canada...why?...Reason very simple....when you come in as a student...go to provinces like Manitoba, Saska and others that have provincial nominee programs...after ur studies, be it 4yrs undergrad, masters or Phd....u are guaranteed a Permanent Residency....this is a fact...U gain points on been in the Canadian System thru school, plus if you get a job...the better....I schooled here...and as God in his infinite mercies would have it...I got a job a month after studies....and I waited 6 months to gain Canadian work experience...and applied for PR coupled with my Nigerian work experience....its simple, just play by the rules and u will be fine...

Siga the waiting period in Nigeria is just too bad. imagine I submitted early september and from what I am hearing even people who submitted august have not heard from CDHC. What do you think could be the problem? Was it also like this when you applied? Or is End of year not a good time to apply for study visa? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2012
@effizypo ....the thing kick me in the balls ooo....of all processing centers outside Canada....Naija has the highest wait time of 19 weeks based on a complete application... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/students.asp ...I am pretty sure it because of all the calls they have to make to verify documents submitted...keep in mind if they make a call on any of ur docs and no reply...they will wait till they get called back or ur file goes back under the files and next guy's application gets picked up.... during my time...we had to queue for embassy , carry our docs enter and sidon for interview room straight up....like I said earlier...I was denied initially by a Naija woman, but went back a month after and got approved by a white man...funny....I believe our prayer should be, whenever it comes to our turn...make God let a cooler head handle our file...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
@effizzypo, Imadebaby is a woman. Mr Siga, thanks for the knowledge. From my view, I think @imade was trying to get info about applying with her family and wanted to get direct info from you. She cracked it up with the joke which went on the wrong side. E ma binu sir, she would be back to get it right I hope.

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.