Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,803 members, 7,841,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (511450 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
dealexad: Today makes my application 9weeks....
9 weeks of reading and typing on nairaland...
9 weeks of fighting and arguments...
9 weeks of different info dat can cause hypertension....
God go bless our hustle o!
Next week is d week for TRV news!!!!!

Read this link on online and see some of the reasons for the delays we suffer.

One out of four Nigerian graduates seeking employment presents fake credentials, a background check expert has revealed.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/11/09/33-of-graduates-carry-fake-credentials-background-check-expert/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Joe980: 9:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
pauloman:

Provincial nominee programs could be quite straightforward and less tedious than the Federal Skilled Program but the major challenge is that most provinces might require that you have a sponsor or supporter on ground in the province you want to apply to who will stand in for you. I will send you web page links to all the pronvincial nominee programs of all the provinces in Canada. Each has their own requirements. Let me dig it out for you...brb

okay here is a piece of information about the PNP weblinks to the PNP for each province in Canada

Most provinces and territories in Canada have an agreement with the Government of Canada that allows them to nominate immigrants who wish to settle in that province or territory. If you choose to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee, you must first apply to the province or territory where you wish to settle and complete its provincial nomination process. The province/territory will consider your application based on its immigration needs and your genuine intention to settle there.

The provinces and territories below currently participate in the PNP. Since the criteria vary among the provinces and territories and can change without notice, you should visit their websites for the most current information.

Alberta----------http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp.aspx
British Columbia---------------http://www.welcomebc.ca/wbc/immigration/come/work/about/index.page
Manitoba--------------------http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/
New Brunswick---------------http://www.welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating_and_settling/how_to_immigrate/new_brunswick_provincialnomineeprogram.html
Newfoundland and Labrador-------------http://www.nlpnp.ca/
Northwest Territories----------http://www.iti.gov.nt.ca/businesseconomicdevelopment/nwtnomineeprogram.shtml
Nova Scotia---------http://www.novascotiaimmigration.com/
Ontario-----------------------http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/index.htm
Prince Edward Island--------------------http://www.gov.pe.ca/immigration/pnp
Saskatchewan------------------http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/
Yukon--------------------http://www.immigration.gov.yk.ca/ynp_overview.aspx

After you have been nominated by a province or territory, you must make a separate application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for permanent residence. A CIC officer will then assess your application based on Canadian immigration regulations.

NB:THE WEB LINKS ABOVE IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT FOR STUDENTS IN CANADA AS IT IS THROUGH THE IMMIGRATION PAGES OF THE DIFFERENT PROVINCES YOU ARE IN THAT YOU WILL GET THE REQUIRED INFORMATION TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM THE GOVERNMENT OF EACH PROVINCE HAS IN PLACE FOR STUDENTS IN CANADA TO CONVERT THEIR TRVs TO PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
Nice one bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 2:12am On Nov 10, 2012
Please house,a friend want to go for 2 years pg diploma programme and he is a self sponsored with one wife and one child,and the wife is working,both wife and children are not going with him now,and he have 4 million in his account,then tuition fees is 11k dollars,can he use this to apply for visa.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 10, 2012
Hi guys!!! I really want to thank you guys for creating such a useful thread!!! Am currently studying in 9ja comp sci to be precise, and I always follow this topic!!! I must say I haven't been to canada before but with wat have learned so far I can beat my chest When God's time comes!!! Once again THANKS for sharing SUch POWERFUL KNOWLEDGE free of charge!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:36am On Nov 10, 2012
[quote author=pauloman][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 5:38am On Nov 10, 2012
pauloman:

NB:THE WEB LINKS ABOVE IS ALSO VERY IMPORTANT FOR STUDENTS IN CANADA AS IT IS THROUGH THE IMMIGRATION PAGES OF THE DIFFERENT PROVINCES YOU ARE IN THAT YOU WILL GET THE REQUIRED INFORMATION TO KNOW WHAT PROGRAM THE GOVERNMENT OF EACH PROVINCE HAS IN PLACE FOR STUDENTS IN CANADA TO CONVERT THEIR TRVs TO PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
@Pauloman, @Siga please is it compulsory for a student to finish studies (M.Sc) first before applying for permanent residency or can a student apply during the period of studies; and what are the requirements? I heard that without PR after studies u are allowed to work for about 2/3yrs in some provinces to gain canadian work experiennce - please explain. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 6:37am On Nov 10, 2012
Don Cipher:
@Pauloman, @Siga please is it compulsory for a student to finish studies (M.Sc) first before applying for permanent residency or can a student apply during the period of studies; and what are the requirements? I heard that without PR after studies u are allowed to work for about 2/3yrs in some provinces to gain canadian work experiennce - please explain. Thanks
...U can wait till u finish to put in the papers or apply at least 6 months into your program....if u apply during ur program...make sure u put in ur current transcripts to make them know u are working towards completing ur MSc coupled with 2 reference letters from ur professors and they might hold ur application and ask for ur transcript once u finish to upgrade ur points...but I will advise to finish first cos u stand a better chance....as per the Post Graduate Work permit...check this out... www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp ... hope this answers ur question...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 6:39am On Nov 10, 2012
Don Cipher:

Yes studentship is one of the surest and major avenues to obtain permanent residency in Canada. The country is very generous enough with that such that they have created so many opportunities for internationational/foreign students be it undergrad,msc or phd students to convert their trv's to permanent residency. But first you have to be a bonafide student of a Canadian college or university that is accredited by Canadian Education Board.

One of such lofty opportunities created by the Federal Government to allow students immigrate is the Canadian Experience Class Program. This enables all students wherever in Canada to apply after completion of study and has acquired at least one year working canadian experience by virtue of having a work permit to gain canadian experience after studies.

Interestingly,in some provinces as an msc student in some provinces you dont need to start working before you can apply for your residency but you must at least be rounding up your program as a student to be eligible to apply,while in some u need to have acquired a job after study to be eligible to apply for your residency. In such programs msc and phd students have much better chances.

I would advice prospective students and already bonafide students on this thread to visit the immigration website of the province he/she wishes or is studying at which have been provided above for each province so as to acquaint themselves with the opportunities the government has created for them to grab has students. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pauloman(m): 6:54am On Nov 10, 2012
Siga: ...U can wait till u finish to put in the papers or apply at least 6 months into your program....if u apply during ur program...make sure u put in ur current transcripts to make them know u are working towards completing ur MSc coupled with 2 reference letters from ur professors and they might hold ur application and ask for ur transcript once u finish to upgrade ur points...but I will advise to finish first cos u stand a better chance....as per the Post Graduate Work permit...check this out... www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp ... hope this answers ur question...

@ Oga Siga

I double sight you...thanks so much for your time yesterday. I really appreciate ! God bless !!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by jman77(m): 7:24am On Nov 10, 2012
@all,i applied and recieved an admission acceptance letter that states that i've been offered into 2012-13 winter and 2013-14 fall,please can anybody give a vivid advise on what it means and when precisely to apply for TRV for that winter session cos these appear to be a double admission to my senses.cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 7:40am On Nov 10, 2012
jman77: @all,i applied and recieved an admission acceptance letter that states that i've been offered into 2012-13 winter and 2013-14 fall,please can anybody give a vivid advise on what it means and when precisely to apply for TRV for that winter session cos these appear to be a double admission to my senses.cheers!

January 2013 and September 2013 start dates respectively. Go for. September..yu can submit around March, that way, you'll be double sure emmbassy wld call you on time

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2012
@ mr siga, i am so grateful for all the advice u have been giving here with regards to seeking permanent residence in canada. Please i would like ur opinion. I hav a bsc in geology but i want to see if i can study human resource management as a post graduate diploma since i graduated wit a second class lower division. I would very much like to build a career in dat aspect and maybe later go back for a full masters program in geology. Is this a wise decision?. also, will i be able to get a work permit after i obtain a post graduate diploma?. human resource management is in almost every organisation, gence my decision to delve into it. As a science-based graduate, can i be able to get admission into a suitable college in canada?. Any advice rendered will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 10, 2012
@cris83,
If I were in ur shoes, ill try and get an advanced diploma in geology.
Oil sector in canada is booming. Going for HOUR and still coming back to geology to me is a waste of resources.
If u finally decide to go for geology, don't go too far from calgary. Any college in calgary and d neighbouring province will do.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by blink6(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2012
mercylicious: @cris83,
Oil sector in canada is booming. Going for HOUR and still coming back to geology to me is a waste of resources.
If u finally decide to go for geology, don't go too far from calgary. Any college in calgary and d neighbouring province will do.
Is calgary in alberta?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 10, 2012
grin
blink6:
Is calgary in alberta?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by cris83: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2012
mercylicious: @cris83,
thats d issue. I have been searching for a college dat offers postgraduate diploma in geology, n i have not found, hence d change. If u no any, please let m know
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 11:30am On Nov 10, 2012
blink6:
Is calgary in alberta?
@ Blink, Calgary is in Alberta. I wanna advise you as a younger brother. Google is very good. I didn't even know where it was until I googled it and I didn't even have to click on the result- it was in my face.
Blink, order is a very good thing. I advise u use this time table if you are considering fall 2014.
Nov 2012-Feb 2013 - Study for WAEC, read hard, forget about this thread (or visit very sparingly)
March-April 2013- solve all past questions of the exams you are going to take (DO NOT VISIT THIS THREAD OR THINK ABOUT CANADA-THEY WILL BOTH NOT DISAPPEAR EVEN AFTER YOUR EXAMS)
May-June/July 2013 - Write and pass your exams (I wish you success, but u have to earn it)
July/August 2013-When ur results come out. peruse this thread,ask all the questions. start applying to schools, contact the people on this thread (past,present(past @ that time)and future). Look for 2-3 people who have similar dreams and conditions as you and make them pals so you work together.
My younger brother @Blink, I want you to succeed by God's Grace so please don't go to this race putting ur cart before your horse.
Let me know if I can help you in any way.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seir405: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2012
TRV_IJN: @ Blink, Calgary is in Alberta. I wanna advise you as a younger brother. Google is very good. I didn't even know where it was until I googled it and I didn't even have to click on the result- it was in my face.
Blink, order is a very good thing. I advise u use this time table if you are considering fall 2014.
Nov 2012-Feb 2013 - Study for WAEC, read hard, forget about this thread (or visit very sparingly)
March-April 2013- solve all past questions of the exams you are going to take (DO NOT VISIT THIS THREAD OR THINK ABOUT CANADA-THEY WILL BOTH NOT DISAPPEAR EVEN AFTER YOUR EXAMS)
May-June/July 2013 - Write and pass your exams (I wish you success, but u have to earn it)
July/August 2013-When ur results come out. peruse this thread,ask all the questions. start applying to schools, contact the people on this thread (past,present(past @ that time)and future). Look for 2-3 people who have similar dreams and conditions as you and make them pals so you work together.
My younger brother @Blink, I want you to succeed by God's Grace so please don't go to this race putting ur cart before your horse.
Very good advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 12:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
please is my question not important
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by santafe(m): 1:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
surecan: please is my question not important
ur friend can go ahead and apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
TRV_IJN: @ Blink, Calgary is in Alberta. I wanna advise you as a younger brother. Google is very good. I didn't even know where it was until I googled it and I didn't even have to click on the result- it was in my face.

This is the best advice blink has ever gotten in this forum. Go write your exams first and forget about Canada for now. Canada is not going to run away after you get your papers but its just an advice you either take it or leave it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adexcube(m): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
I got a mail yesterday and the person said he is from this forum, pls try and just quote this msg and write something. Just want to confirm. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by santafe(m): 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2012
It is a good work that is being done on this forum, I got my permanent resident visa to Canada. Relocating with my entire family.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 2:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
@Pauloman, @Siga thanks i appreciate your urgent responses. Please i would be studying in New Brunswick come Winter 2013, and hope to apply for PR in another province (Sask, BC or Alberta) during my studies. Is this posible and what do you advice?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by surecan: 2:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
santa fe: It is a good work that is being done on this forum, I got my permanent resident visa to Canada. Relocating with my entire family.

congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by pharmow: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
cris83:
thats d issue. I have been searching for a college dat offers postgraduate diploma in geology, n i have not found, hence d change. If u no any, please let m know

U may not actually see Geology Post grad, but course like GIS wont be bad for U. Surely better than doing HR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2012
santa fe: It is a good work that is being done on this forum, I got my permanent resident visa to Canada. Relocating with my entire family.

Congratulations. Which province are you heading?
Please furnish the house about the documents you submitted and how long the application took. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
@cris83...why would you wanna go into HR...u need to keep in mind these Visa officers are not idiots...they look at what u are applying for and see how closely related it is to wat u have....rather than go for HR...why not look into Enviromental Sciences....thats pretty close to Geology....stay in ur line...and believe me...u cant go wrong with Geology...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by yungokus: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
@Cris83 please u are still good to go to study HRM , don't be misguided by being told to do a related course related to Geology.. Like u av rightly said HRM is everywhere in all organizations even in the oil sector. ... It is a generalized course/profession that is required in any organization.. Be it oil,manufacturing,banking or what have u... I suggest u stick to your choice.. You are still on Track.. Regards!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.