Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:43 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513171 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DonCipher: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
Don Cipher:
U submitted Aug 28th & got ds info on ur 10th week, that shuld mean CDHC is already verifying Sep applicatn's or they are reviewing both Aug & Sep @d same time wrt issues raised abt trv quotas for a given period stated by some veterans here (Maybe the reason no news yet from Aug applicants); else Aug applicants shuld have heard from CDHC (Unless ders a delay in verificatn of docs so CDHC moved on 2d next 1). There maybe no backlogs like last year - dnt forget VAC whc was not in existence ds time last year was established to ease stress & by statement from @illuminati they stopped accepting more winter app sumtym in Sep. Lets see wht ds week wuld bring...Cheers
I posted this 2 days ago referencing @lillaowow's post of CDHC contacting his sponsors work place exactly 2wks ago; with the current activity in the house i could say my deductions are near correct "Jokzoh 28th August wit med call" Sep Applicants buckle up for next weeks med calls...Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
mercylicious:
Calm down.
Is ur sponsor same surname? U r now more experienced. So u repackage and re-fire.

My sponsor is same surname oo, my elder brother, he used two company acct, he is the sole signatory to the acct and I work with him, clossing balance of 11.7m. I can't really figure out where the problem is for now because I used agent. till I get there tomorrow for pick up. Is just tht I have already submitted b4 I joined the thread, but in comparism with the documents I submitted are all intact. Evrything is ok but God knows where the loopholes is, according to my agent, just said not credible. Well till I get there tomorrow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2012
@all has vac started accepting applications, because I have MAY start date. So I have to defer my addmission till May, already paid full tuition.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2012
efosa12345: @all has vac started accepting applications, because I have MAY start date. So I have to defer my addmission till May, already paid full tuition.

Yes they are accepting. i was there on Monday and I saw people submitting study application but I will advise you take some time to really prepare bearing in mind you still have the whole of November and December to repackage. You can apply in January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
efosa12345:

My sponsor is same surname oo, my elder brother, he used two company acct, he is the sole signatory to the acct and I work with him, clossing balance of 11.7m. I can't really figure out where the problem is for now because I used agent. till I get there tomorrow for pick up. Is just tht I have already submitted b4 I joined the thread, but in comparism with the documents I submitted are all intact. Evrything is ok but God knows where the loopholes is, according to my agent, just said not credible. Well till I get there tomorrow.

We will be waiting for your response.
Maybe you will consider using personal accounts instead of company account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2012
efosa12345:

Discretion of the visa officer that looked after your application matters, and from what you have said here, if i was the officer too, there is a chance that i see your application as fraud - You have same last name with your brother and you work with him or for him, in a nation where pride is what most people put before their normal thinking . . . Please dont get me wrong, i am not saying you are fraud, i am only saying that working with your brother and using the account of same company, he might think that you are just using the company as a front and since they have seen a lot of that in Nigeria, they will always wanna assume most are fraud.
If you have good proof and your payroll or how money from the company goes into your account as your paycheck, you might be able to fight it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lft(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
sheyions:

thats kool. My reserach interest: Application of data warehousing and mining techniques for Decision support services.
what about you?

i got an entrance schorlarship of 4k dols and i paid abt 4k before applying. I just received a message to go make the balance payment today.

whats ur status?

My research is data mining and analysis. Our research interests are related. I got 4k entrance scholarship too. I already got my trv since October 5. I'll be heading to Manitoba by early December so as to acclamitize.
We can link up via yahoo messenger or if you've got Skype id; mine is ekurious.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 6:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
nivax21: Congrats to all the August applicants! Hey September applicants,let's start warming up.@earthgreeners.you applied 4 umanitoba.right?

Yes Boss, I applied to UofM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 7:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Discretion of the visa officer that looked after your application matters, and from what you have said here, if i was the officer too, there is a chance that i see your application as fraud - You have same last name with your brother and you work with him or for him, in a nation where pride is what most people put before their normal thinking . . . Please dont get me wrong, i am not saying you are fraud, i am only saying that working with your brother and using the account of same company, he might think that you are just using the company as a front and since they have seen a lot of that in Nigeria, they will always wanna assume most are fraud.
If you have good proof and your payroll or how money from the company goes into your account as your paycheck, you might be able to fight it.

Hello Mr Fhemmy, please, give me ur email ID, I want to discuss with you about my TRV application plans and I want you to advice me on it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by johnsonerhis: 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
@earthgreeners i tot u ve gotten ur trv
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
johnsonerhis: @earthgreeners i tot u ve gotten ur trv

No sir, why do u think so?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by eldredthedon(m): 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
anybody goin to carleton university 2013.....@xtus still waitin for medicals submitted september 13th......all september pple should holla we should create a trend for ourselves.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 8:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
Fhemmmy:

@efosa sory about d refusal, i think flemmy is very corect based on asumsion.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
seedgie: @efosa sory about d refusal, i think flemmy is very corect based on asumsion.

Hello Seedgie! Did u finally applied for last September? Who was your sponsor and did u get the TRV? Thanks I checked ur posts and found out you have been around for sometime on this forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2012
Jokzoh: @HOUSE: I just tracked and my status changed to this ''Please contact the Visa Application Centre for further instructions , your attention is required at the earliest.''.....God, heart is pounding fast........I submitted on 28th August

Good to know someone we submitted the same day has been called for medicals. Since yesterday, I don track tire. Me wey be say na 1nce I dey track in a week....but, men, ma heart dey beat fast nowadays anytime I reach VAC website.

Anyways, it ain't about the documents one submitted, it is all about God taking control.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 8:48pm On Nov 14, 2012
Baba God, abeg do dis one for me oooooo....
Make me sef cum share am say "please contact........"

@dos already called for medicals..KUDOS guys..all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 8:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Hey dude point of correction, I did not say same last name with my brother,what I said is same surname with my brother, maybe u need lens to peruse my write up again, what is bad in working with brothers company as an employee, I did submit payslip and salary acct of about 500k balance. Thank God brv urs was successful! God knows best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 8:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
dommakavelli:

Hello Mr Fhemmy, please, give me ur email ID, I want to discuss with you about my TRV application plans and I want you to advice me on it

For the sake of the forumite, i would probably advice that you ask the question here so that we will all be able to learn from this . . but if it is personal, i could be reached via Femmmy.moto@gmai.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
efosa12345:
Hey dude point of correction, I did not say same last name with my brother,w[b]hat I said is same surname with my brother, maybe u need lens to peruse my write up again, what is bad in working with brothers company as an employee,[/b] I did submit payslip and salary acct of about 500k balance. Thank God brv urs was successful! God knows best.

Chief, dont get me wrong, i am not saying there is anything wrong in working for your brother, as a matter of fact, it is great . . Whites do it daily, but just in a nation where everything is lies and fraud, they might think twice about, however, like i said, if you have details of how you are getting paid, you are fine to fight it.
Also, in the Americas - Surname is what we regarded as Last Name . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
seedgie: @efosa sory about d refusal, i think flemmy is very corect based on asumsion.

Yes, it is all on assumption and not a fact . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by owenklay: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Hello all, I've been on here for a while observing and learning. I have a Bsc Sociology with a CGPA of 4.26 on a scale of 5.0. I'm applying for Sept'13 entry. I need advice on appropriate schools I shld apply to for a Masters in Sociology. The schools I have in mind are (according to scale pf preference): York University, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo & University of Saskatchewan.....Gurus n d house, pls advise!!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
owenklay: Hello all, I've been on here for a while observing and learning. I have a Bsc Sociology with a CGPA of 4.26 on a scale of 5.0. I'm applying for Sept'13 entry. I need advice on appropriate schools I shld apply to for a Masters in Sociology. The schools are have in mind are (according to scale pf preference): York University, University of Toronto, University of Waterloo & University of Saskatchewan.....Gurus n d house, pls advise!!!!!

Those are all great school, but with volume of applications that those gets in a tear, will advice that you start the procedure sooner than later.
Good luck . . But make sure you hold good money, cos those are all expensive schools as well as the areas are not cheap reside, except Waterloo compared to Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by owenklay: 9:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Thanks....all d requirements are ready, considering dier application deadlines too. I'm good to go.... Jst need additional advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 9:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
effizypo:

Hello Seedgie! Did u finally applied for last September? Who was your sponsor and did u get the TRV? Thanks I checked ur posts and found out you have been around for sometime on this forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by seedgie(m): 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
effizypo:

@efosa ur last name is d same as ur surname. No body is perfert. Pls take it easy wth fhemmy, He is trying to help. God has a better plan for u ovbiepa. @effizypo i didnt but by d grace of God i am tracking too and hoping for d best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
efosa12345:

Hey dude point of correction, I did not say same last name with my brother,what I said is same surname with my brother, maybe u need lens to peruse my write up again, what is bad in working with brothers company as an employee, I did submit payslip and salary acct of about 500k balance. Thank God brv urs was successful! God knows best.

My dear Efosa calm down. What has happened has happened. If you look carefully at your application, you will see one or two areas that you can improve on so just accept whatever anyone says as an advice and move on. If you do it well next time and with God, you won't spend another N19500 for CDHC. It is well. CDHC self too dey do jare!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ntom: What happens to an already paid tuition to the previous school?will it be refunded?
...Check your schools refund policies....they normally specify wat u can get back at every stage of the semester....but most people just fashi the money....lol...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
efosa12345:

,,,efosa...I understand ur frustration but in Yoruba land ...they say if u fall from a horse the first time, u hop on it again..... i am a testimony to that....I applied twice before I got mine back in the days....the reasons they denied u are straight-forward and easy to tackle....now...they are not cool with u presenting a company acct....simple...ask ur bros to present his personal acct....remember, a company might be owned by 1 million people with ur bro being the major shareholder....that does not mean he has access to the company funds...personal accts is the best....once thats done...ask ur bro to have a lawyer make a list of his properties and investments in a notarized letter...and present most of the same docs u presented initially...dont change ur stance too much ...it is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2012
Siga: ,,,efosa...I understand ur frustration but in Yoruba land ...they say if u fall from a horse the first time, u hop on it again..... i am a testimony to that....I applied twice before I got mine back in the days....the reasons they denied u are straight-forward and easy to tackle....now...they are not cool with u presenting a company acct....simple...ask ur bros to present his personal acct....remember, a company might be owned by 1 million people with ur bro being the major shareholder....that does not mean he has access to the company funds...personal accts is the best....once thats done...ask ur bro to have a lawyer make a list of his properties and investments in a notarized letter...and present most of the same docs u presented initially...dont change ur stance too much ...it is well

Hello mr siga,
I sent an email to you. kindly check
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Siga: 10:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
dommakavelli:

Hello mr siga,
I sent an email to you. kindly check
...Oga...checking now...will reply one timer...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
Siga: ...Oga...checking now...will reply one timer...

kk boss....hope to read bak from you asap
warm Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 10:35pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ all, pls i need ur advice, when i was filling student questionaire in my last applicatn which i was refused, i stated dat i was assisting my sista with her business. Now i want 2 re apply nd plannin to include my own business certificate nd my statement of acct as a co sponsor. I register d business around february dis yr. Pls i need advice on dis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.