Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,177 members, 7,864,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:10 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (513356 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by xtus(m): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2012
eldred the don: Anybody goin for winter 2013 term in the house?.........submitted documents and waiting for medicals......holla. i submitted documents in september

also submitted in september too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:22am On Nov 14, 2012
@lovesavvi, you can either click on my profile and try and send me a mail or send me your own email addy and i will get in touch with you.
lovesavvi: Congrat on ur medical invite, pls giv me ur e mail. I need 2 discuss sumting with u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2012
My organisation issued an intrcduction letter on my behalf to CDHC,i am single for now, i will complete the balance of my fees and then send them the updated receipt as soon as my school sends it.
effizypo:

Yes o. All I know is I applied and got the TRV. If only to save one the 19500 spent as visa fee, its worth thanking God my brother.
So are you now going to pay just the remaining half of your tuition since you already paid one? Am sure they have the receipt of the one already paid.
I also wanted to ask if you are married or single? Did you submit company reference?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:27am On Nov 14, 2012
@TRV_IJN did you submit letter from your company indicating your study leave with pay,and you are expected to come back after your program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2012
TRV_IJN: i am single for now, i will complete the balance of my fees and then send them the updated receipt as soon as my school sends it.

Ok. All the best. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by TRVIJN: 9:32am On Nov 14, 2012
@adim, if your organisation can issue you a letter indicating it, please ask them to, it is a very strong point for home ties. when i am done with my studies, i stand a very high chance of being promoted to a good position and being assigned big and very relevant job roles.
adim02: @TRV_IJN did you submit letter from your company indicating your study leave with pay,and you are expected to come back after your program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lovesavvi: 9:48am On Nov 14, 2012
Lovesavvi@yahoo.co.uk
TRV_IJN: @lovesavvi, you can either click on my profile and try and send me a mail or send me your own email addy and i will get in touch with you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 9:49am On Nov 14, 2012
thats and cangtract to you.
Please i have 4.5million naira in my account as civil servant working in the ministry.will it be enough for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 9:54am On Nov 14, 2012
TRV_IJN: @adim, if your organisation can issue you a letter indicating it, please ask them to, it is a very strong point for home ties. when i am done with my studies, i stand a very high chance of being promoted to a good position and being assigned big and very relevant job roles.

Did you or your sponsor got a call from CDHC in the course of your processing and did your bank or any institution call you saying CDHC called them? I just wonder why some who submitted earlier than some got medical later or had delays. Though I submitted in September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2012
TRV_IJN: @adim, if your organisation can issue you a letter indicating it, please ask them to, it is a very strong point for home ties. when i am done with my studies, i stand a very high chance of being promoted to a good position and being assigned big and very relevant job roles.

Congrats TRV_IJN.....
Please what form didn't you fill?...I have a feeling I didn't complete a form...d mail form that would be validated.

Pls share with me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2012
mercylicious:

Regina is quite competitive but I still got admisn with less qualificatn than ur in engineering too. I didn't submit any English language test.
I'll advise u to apply for taught masters cos u might never get research masters coming from Nigeria.
We may have to get Nigerian student of good academic standing to speak to a lecturer on ur behalf.
Pm for contact, specify its u on the pm.

Hello,
I want to apply to Regina.
My course is Applied Economics and Policy Analysis. ( Research) my CGPA is 3.83...pls kindly advice me on my chances
thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nivax21: 11:05am On Nov 14, 2012
@doomakeveli.CGPA of 3.85 is very good though some schools require a higher CGPA because I can recall applying to mcgill university(chemical engineering)and after securing a supervisor as well as communicating with the prof via skype,just a week later,I received a mail from the admission committee that my CGPA is not even low but very low(CGPA of 3.75)though I was still admitted to uottawa with the same CGPA.research based program is also very competitive
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 11:41am On Nov 14, 2012
dommakavelli:

Hello,
My course is Applied Economics and Policy Analysis. ( Research) my CGPA is 3.83...pls kindly advice me on my chances
thanks
have u written, or have you started writing a paper on the sample topics provided by regina as requirement for getting admission into this course?? 3.83/4 or 3.83/5??
have u secured a supervisor, or established any kinda rapport with the department.??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2012
dommakavelli:

Hello,
thanks

University of Regina takes strictly 2.1 for masters.
If you want to apply for research based masters, know your research interest.
Go to the department page in the school websites.There, you will see list of lecturers and professors and their research interest.
Get the names of lecturers whose research interest are close to yours and write to him telling him you want him to be your supervisor.
Tell him ur research interset, ur background education, previous research and projects done etc, just market urself, tell him why he will be making a good choice by choosing you amongst the many ppl that apply for the few research positions available.
Also of note is that most of them dont reply mails, so after writing them, after a short while, u can call them on ohone to discuss it. also note we have time difference with canada. Make your call in the evening.

I will also advise that while you are applying for research based masters, also apply for a taught masters so that you wont waste time on admissions.If the research based masters is given to you, good and fine. Most times it comes with funding if its available. If u are not accepted for research based masters and you get a course based, you start processing your visa with the course based masters. You can get entry scholarship (if your gp and rating meets it) or after 6 months, you can get scholarship if your result is very good. Also u can change from course based to research based after 6 months if u make good grade cos by then, your lecturers must have known how good you are.
Most of my friends in Regina got scholarship after the 1st 6 months (5000 cad), cos they made very good grades and applied for the scholarships.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 11:53am On Nov 14, 2012
nivax21: @doomakeveli.CGPA of 3.85 is very good though some schools require a higher CGPA because I can recall applying to mcgill university(chemical engineering)and after securing a supervisor as well as communicating with the prof via skype,just a week later,I received a mail from the admission committee that my CGPA is not even low but very low(CGPA of 3.75)though I was still admitted to uottawa with the same CGPA.research based program is also very competitive

Thanks boss....I wish to change my choice of school but the problem i have is that, my transcript has bin addressed to U of R but i still have it with me.
Gurus in the house, mr siga, earthgreeners,mr phemmy, mercylicious et all should pls help me out.
All i need is an admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 14, 2012
nivax21: @doomakeveli.CGPA of 3.85 is very good though some schools require a higher CGPA because I can recall applying to mcgill university(chemical engineering)and after securing a supervisor as well as communicating with the prof via skype,just a week later,I received a mail from the admission committee that my CGPA is not even low but very low(CGPA of 3.75)though I was still admitted to uottawa with the same CGPA.research based program is also very competitive

Did u get research based from uottawa? did it come with funding?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2012
[quote author=freshdude]
have u written, or have you started writing a paper on the sample topics provided by regina as requirement for getting admission into this course?? 3.83/4 or 3.83/5??
have u secured a supervisor, or established any kinda rapport with the department.??[/quote

3.83/5 n i've written on a sample topic but i've not secured a supervisor.
I actually wanted a course based program because I heard that it's difficult to get a research based course but i don't know if i can secure an admission on my proposed coursed with course based route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:01pm On Nov 14, 2012
mercylicious:

University of Regina takes strictly 2.1 for masters.
If you want to apply for research based masters, know your research interest.
Go to the department page in the school websites.There, you will see list of lecturers and professors and their research interest.
Get the names of lecturers whose research interest are close to yours and write to him telling him you want him to be your supervisor.
Tell him ur research interset, ur background education, previous research and projects done etc, just market urself, tell him why he will be making a good choice by choosing you amongst the many ppl that apply for the few research positions available.
Also of note is that most of them dont reply mails, so after writing them, after a short while, u can call them on ohone to discuss it. also note we have time difference with canada. Make your call in the evening.

I will also advise that while you are applying for research based masters, also apply for a taught masters so that you wont waste time on admissions.If the research based masters is given to you, good and fine. Most times it comes with funding if its available. If u are not accepted for research based masters and you get a course based, you start processing your visa with the course based masters. You can get entry scholarship (if your gp and rating meets it) or after 6 months, you can get scholarship if your result is very good. Also u can change from course based to research based after 6 months if u make good grade cos by then, your lecturers must have known how good you are.
Most of my friends in Regina got scholarship after the 1st 6 months (5000 cad), cos they made very good grades and applied for the scholarships.

I actually wanted a course based program because I heard that it's difficult to get a research based course but i don't know if i can secure an admission on my proposed coursed with course based route.
Pls advice, if that's possible. I want to be on the safe side
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by dommakavelli: 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2012
freshdude:
have u secured a supervisor, or established any kinda rapport with the department.??

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2012
dommakavelli:

i think every department has room for both course based and research based program in the courses they offer. except they tell u specifically, that is only a research based, or course based program. which will be written specifically on their website. try and get in touch with regina before u pay ur application fee, so u will be sure of the one to apply for before applying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
dommakavelli:

Thanks boss....I wish to change my choice of school but the problem i have is that, my transcript has bin addressed to U of R but i still have it with me.
Gurus in the house, mr siga, earthgreeners,mr phemmy, mercylicious et all should pls help me out.
All i need is an admission.

Why do u want to change school? i dont think u need to do that.
Go ahead and apply to University of Regina, also get another transcript and apply to the school you intend to change to.
If you get admission in the two schools , u can now make a choice on the school and choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 12:41pm On Nov 14, 2012
@ house my friend was denial TRV today for the following Reasons.1 insufficient fund to pay for his tuition fees,without working in Canada,2.Sponsorship not credible,other tins which they type inside the paper.He is afraid cos of other tins written cos all his document he submitted was geniue which the CDHC return to him all his document.should I tell him that only the once mark with pen is the only reasons for his denial.Please contribute house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by effizypo: 12:47pm On Nov 14, 2012
adim02: @ house my friend was denial TRV today for the following Reasons.1 insufficient fund to pay for his tuition fees,without working in Canada,2.Sponsorship not credible,other tins which they type inside the paper.He is afraid cos of other tins written cos all his document he submitted was geniue which the CDHC return to him all his document.should I tell him that only the once mark with pen is the only reasons for his denial.Please contribute house.

You are kind of right. I think he should concern himself more with the ones handwritten. When did he submit and who was his sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2012
@Mercylicoius, xtus, freshdude, domma, niv, et all
CGPA - 4.39, and my undergraduate program was 5years...I hope dats high enough to get admission and funding into a research based masters program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by efosa12345(m): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
adim02: @ house my friend was denial TRV today for the following Reasons.1 insufficient fund to pay for his tuition fees,without working in Canada,2.Sponsorship not credible,other tins which they type inside the paper.He is afraid cos of other tins written cos all his document he submitted was geniue which the CDHC return to him all his document.should I tell him that only the once mark with pen is the only reasons for his denial.Please contribute house.

When did he submit? And who is sponsoring ur friend?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
earthgreeners: @Mercylicoius, xtus, freshdude, domma, niv, et all
CGPA - 4.39, and my undergraduate program was 5years...I hope dats high enough to get admission and funding into a research based masters program.
is definitly gonna get u an admission, is high enough. but i dont really know the criterias for gettin funding, it differs from schools and is very limited. since u already have a potential supervisor, i think ur on the safe side...just dey soft am dey go grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by nivax21: 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2012
@merçylicoius.I didn't get any funding but am sure if I do pretty well in my ist year of masters,I will be funded.@earthgreener.your CGPA is tight but bro if you are applying to any of
these schools(McGill,uni of Toronto,ubc,alberta,or ucalgary)for a research based Engineering program especially electrical and electronics Engineering,it will be extremely competitive because you will be vying for the same spot with Indian and Asian gurus.which course do you intend applying for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2012
@nivax is on point, please u guyz should stay away from top schools like plague. they keep underestimating our ability to perform. they are after gurus from other developed countries that have similar academic standard with them cheesy.. dont waste ur money applying to a top school cause is your dream university. sometimes they wont even reply u mails if they see ur not what they are looking for angry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Rapuziaokwu(m): 2:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
"Contact the visa application center for further instructions. Ur attention is needed at the earliest". This is what a saw just now as I tracked my application. Can someone explain?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by freshdude: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: "Contact the visa application center for further instructions. Ur attention is needed at the earliest". This is what a saw just now as I tracked my application. Can someone explain?
medicals.....congrats cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by adim02: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2012
@efosa,@effizypo my friend submitted in second week of August
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by uchechuwku: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2012
Rapuziaokwu: "Contact the visa application center for further instructions. Ur attention is needed at the earliest". This is what a saw just now as I tracked my application. Can someone explain?

That is your medicals bro..congrats. Have You paid tuition fees? Who is your sponsor? When did you submit? What documents did you subnitted?

Once again, congrats

You're headin to U sask too....men, we full here no be small

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.