Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,809 members, 7,851,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (512509 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by VCTROKOYE: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2012

Hi house. Please, is there anything wrong from using sponsors from abroad. My sponsors who are my brothers and sisters
live in USA because they are citizens. I am not a citizen, but I have been to UK and I have a valid two(2) years visa.
I work and also have approximately N1.5M in my account.
Again, my brother is already processing my green card although this is taking time. I have the documents for that too.
I am confused as I am still single and I have my job as my only tie so far in Naija.
One of my sisters who is a nurse in USA has an account of about N2M in Nigeria but there are always diff inflows in it but from different sources.
She has in USA too.
I have pictures and documents to show strong ties. Even, my mum is presently in US as a green card holder. But apart from my mum who is elderly, the rest have good jobs.
Please, will I be denied on the ground that my ties are not in Nigeria.

Please, has any person used a sponsor from outside Nigeria. My sister who I intend to use as my sponsor lives in USA. I need to know the documents to request from her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Danyl(m): 11:47am On Jul 02, 2012
@solomon okiegha, are you applying for undergrad or master's program, and if undergrad, which entry date are you going in for, i think you only need to pay for one semester including your differential fee, i'm also attending dalhousie university but am still expectin my acceptance lette, thouh i applied since feb 22 but i deferred my entry date till january 2013. one semester is okay.... i think ebugirl made a comment about that check the 18th page i think it should be there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2012
bashtee: @Newacca

Bashtee,
what'z up?

Am good broda, how is the treatment going, how many more months?

@Bashtee,
6mths gone. 1yr remaining(Insha Allah)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
@newacca, how was your weekend?

Thanks to everyone. I have learnt a lot on this forum and would have definitely done some things differently if I had the knowledge and experience I have gathered here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mastert002: 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2012
please i just want to find out if it is possible to work in canada with a business visa or tourist visa and if it is also possible to get work permit with this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 2:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
galala123: @newacca, how was your weekend?

Thanks to everyone. I have learnt a lot on this forum and would have definitely done some things differently if I had the knowledge and experience I have gathered here.

thx. normal routine during d weekend.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
Hello everyone, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I am currently in my final year in skul and graduating very soon,I want to do Meng petroleum eng. In the univ of calgary, the fees is CAD 13,000.My dad is going to be my sponsor but he earns about 400k monthly and about 6-7mill yearly with bonuses, also has some landed properties. I dnt think he saves much but he can pull a loan of $30k without collateral if he gets an introduction letter from his work place.I want to find out if $30k is deposited in his account with 6 months statement of account and a cover explaining it is a loan, would that proof my ability to fund myself? Also about ties I wouldn't have any employment as I plan to go as soon as I graduate, all my family is in Nigeria and I have nobody in canada. How can I address the issue of ties to home country? I would really appreciate your contributions and suggestions, please help a brother out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by solomonokeigar: 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2012
Danyl: @solomon okiegha, are you applying for undergrad or master's program, and if undergrad, which entry date are you going in for, i think you only need to pay for one semester including your differential fee, i'm also attending dalhousie university but am still expectin my acceptance lette, thouh i applied since feb 22 but i deferred my entry date till january 2013. one semester is okay.... i think ebugirl made a comment about that check the 18th page i think it should be there.

Thanks. I applied for masters program. Hope to see you at Halifax soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2012
@Winwin Broda I didn't get the mail you said you sent to me please try sending it again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2012
@sucre cruz, bro abeg inbox me ur number @shevy4real4u@yahoo.com, I get questions concerning my medical instructions wey I just collect..........@ebugirl, aunty I no get skype oooooo abeg inbox me ur number jare!,,,@all hope for the best, the trv is ours!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2012
AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
shavel: @sucre cruz, bro abeg inbox me ur number @shevy4real4u@yahoo.com, I get questions concerning my medical instructions wey I just collect..........@ebugirl, aunty I no get skype oooooo abeg inbox me ur number jare!,,,@all hope for the best, the trv is ours!

Bros, check ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Jul 03, 2012
mastert002: please i just want to find out if it is possible to work in canada with a business visa or tourist visa and if it is also possible to get work permit with this

Business Visa is issued based on the fact that you have told them that you are loaded and wanna come and invest some of your money into their system to make the economy better and booming, so what would you now tell them that would make them give you a visa to get a 10$$ an hour job?
Tourist visa is for you to come and relax and see how nice canada is, why would they now give you a job, after you have shown them reasons why you would return back to your home country.
Your only way out is to run away and declare refugee and even at that, what will be your basis of being a refugee, do u reside in a dangerous zone in Nigeria and your life is in danger or are you gay and the govt wanna kill you ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
syahboy: Hello everyone, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I am currently in my final year in skul and graduating very soon,I want to do Meng petroleum eng. In the univ of calgary, the fees is CAD 13,000.My dad is going to be my sponsor but he earns about 400k monthly and about 6-7mill yearly with bonuses, also has some landed properties. I dnt think he saves much but he can pull a loan of $30k without collateral if he gets an introduction letter from his work place.I want to find out if $30k is deposited in his account with 6 months statement of account and a cover explaining it is a loan, would that proof my ability to fund myself? Also about ties I wouldn't have any employment as I plan to go as soon as I graduate, all my family is in Nigeria and I have nobody in canada. How can I address the issue of ties to home country? I would really appreciate your contributions and suggestions, please help a brother out.

With such finance statement, i dont see a problem, cos 13,000$$ is only 2M Naira. . . Just run the account well and be careful
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

With such finance statement, i dont see a problem, cos 13,000$$ is only 2M Naira. . . Just run the account well and be careful
. What about living expenses which I hear is $10k plus flight ticket, also ties to home is a prolem.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
syahboy: . What about living expenses which I hear is $10k plus flight ticket, also ties to home is a prolem.

I am only telling you that the 30,000$$ in the account is a good idea . . . I am not saying 2M Naira is enuf to fund all your school and life in Canada

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
all Fall 2013 hopefuls, letz start rolling together...for those still expecting medical calls and TRV...I wish u all best of luck....see u all in Canada someday...God willing.................anyone planning to put in for U of S, U of M , or MUN , Fall 2013?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
@ all, so seriously scared now, d status on my portal today changed to ''application has been processed on 3/7/12''. I had some problems with paying tuition requested of me by CDHC. Dey requested I paid full tuition of about 12k. However d sch assessed fees of 6k n zenithbank refused me from paying more than that as it contravenes d money laundering act n bla bla bla. Contacting d univ for a complete fee schedule but dey declined and advised me to pay only assessed fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
I did same n returned my passport to CDHC after explaining myself to vac officials n adding a note n univ email communications for cdhc. However Cdhc surprisingly called me 2 days later and asked me to find a way around it but make sure I paid. I returned to d bank who refused to do d transaction. I den decided to use another bank. I den sent cdhc a mail yesterday saying I have made d payment on 29th June (just in anticipation) today my portal update changed I hope its a positive one. Did meds on 6/6/12
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
@slamdunk99 Hope for the best man! I think it might be your visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sir P!:
@slamdunk99 Hope for the best man! I think it might be your visa

He is having problem with payment of his tuition and you think it might be his visa?
Anyhow, miracle fit happen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
slamdunk99: I did same n returned my passport to CDHC after explaining myself to vac officials n adding a note n univ email communications for cdhc. However Cdhc surprisingly called me 2 days later and asked me to find a way around it but make sure I paid. I returned to d bank who refused to do d transaction. I den decided to use another bank. I den sent cdhc a mail yesterday saying I have made d payment on 29th June (just in anticipation) today my portal update changed I hope its a positive one. Did meds on 6/6/12

I will advice you to look for alternative way of making the payment and do it fast cos time is not on your side . . . Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by earthgreeners(m): 7:09pm On Jul 03, 2012
lets hope its ur Visa slam
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by slamdunk99(m): 7:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I will advice you to look for alternative way of making the payment and do it fast cos time is not on your side . . . Good luck
me entire application is already at Vac, n has been processed, making any fee payment now makes no sense at all.........well I am a Nigerian n I will always hope for the best until the worst happens..........as usual
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
^^^ There are some companies in Canada that do help people make such payment . . . some of our people used them to pay the tuition of their kids in Canada . . . i could introduce you to one if need be, at least to take care of all these for you fast.
Which school are you supposedly heading to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
slamdunk99: me entire application is already at Vac, n has been processed, making any fee payment now makes no sense at all.........well I am a Nigerian n I will always hope for the best until the worst happens..........as usual

Once you have made all necessary stuff and payment, then, you have nothing to worry about . . . It is well and sleep with both eyes closed cos it is all in His hands and always able to take care of it all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by galala123(m): 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
Congrats in anticipation of receiving your TRV.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Ceejay2: 11:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
@shavel, bro congrats on ur medical call up, wishing u all d best n also TRV congrats in advance.

@slamdunk99 congrats in advance on ur TRV, please can you inbox me the sample of your letter of SOP my mail is: babyboy4rill@yahoo.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 5:40am On Jul 04, 2012
shavel: @sucre cruz, bro abeg inbox me ur number @shevy4real4u@yahoo.com, I get questions concerning my medical instructions wey I just collect..........@ebugirl, aunty I no get skype oooooo abeg inbox me ur number jare!,,,@all hope for the best, the trv is ours!

lets talk thru mail. my mail address is sucrecruiz@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 6:41am On Jul 04, 2012
slamdunk99: @ all, so seriously scared now, d status on my portal today changed to ''application has been processed on 3/7/12''. I had some problems with paying tuition requested of me by CDHC. Dey requested I paid full tuition of about 12k. However d sch assessed fees of 6k n zenithbank refused me from paying more than that as it contravenes d money laundering act n bla bla bla. Contacting d univ for a complete fee schedule but dey declined and advised me to pay only assessed fees

Just go ahead and collect dt which has been processed. U can't predict these embassy ppl,atleast u hv paid sum money n shldnt be scared. For others, next time u hv issues, kindly post on this thread. U culd get solutions on time. Fidelity bank can wire any amt of money u want to send and d fees r ok.
Wen it comes to dollar transfer abroad, fidelity, fcmb and just recently access bank take d lead. Just walk into the bank and ask any account officer of wat u want.

I wish u trv soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by opad(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2012
wahabcoal: House, i learnt all Canadian Universites and most of their programs offer a January start. Unfortunately, their deadline for application is usually around April or May of the prior year.
Are there Universities or Colleges that admit January intakes and when is the Application DEADLINE for January/Febuary intakes.
The intended course is Diploma in Information Technology or Business IT.
And which would you suggest between British Columbia Institute of Technology and Red Deer College?
Thanks.

Someone pls reply to this POST....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lyfe(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2012
@slamdunk
I think it is positive, relax your mind. Nigerian banks can really be a pain in d neck, the maximum transferable amount without interrogation should be 10,000USD and if the money to be wired exceeds this you are required to fill some forms and other blabla to ensure the money is not for a dirty transaction. You could have walked into another bank or use a third party payment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.